Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

UK Tourist Visa Refusal - Green Card Holder - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Tourist Visa Refusal - Green Card Holder (2063 Views)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Nigerian US Green Card Holder Visting Nigeria, And Returning To US From Nigeria / Any Nairalander In Chicago That Can Help With Any Job For Green Card Holder (2) (3) (4)

(1)

UK Tourist Visa Refusal - Green Card Holder by Mroksir: 3:06pm On Mar 01, 2013
Hi everyone, please advise here

i just got refused a 6 month tourist visa that I applied for using a hotel reservation given the reason:

[b]Exchange rate used in assessing your application was £1 = 250 Naira.

In order to be able to make a decision on whether or not to grant you entry clearance in this category I have taken into account your stated circumstances in Nigeria, the reasons for your visit and your proposed travel arrangements. You have declared that you are self-employed earning N300,000 per month and that you have no family commitments in Nigeria. You also state that you propose to travel alone as a tourist and have no friends or family in the UK. Given the statements you have made and the documentary evidence you have presented to support your application I am not satisfied that your circumstances in Nigeria, coupled with your reasons for wishing to travel to the UK, are such that you have shown your intentions are as stated or that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your proposed visit. I am therefore not satisfied that your application meets the requirements of paragraph 41(i) and (ii) of the Immigration Rules. [/b]
(These paragraphs state that the requirement is you are a genuine visitor and plan to leave at the end of your stay)

im a married US green card holder with my wife an american in the US. Ive been working in Nigeria doing contracts since the US recession in 2008/2009. I plan to move my wife down here soon but for now shes continuing her hair salon work in the US. I visit her in the US every 3 months and these british guys are telling me they are not convinced that i will leave their country at the end of my stay? Are you kidding me

i submitted EVERY possible document: finances (both coy and personal with a salary of N300k paid to me by my coy, combined balance of over N2m, N500k made available for the trip (1 week), land, current projects and contract with a state govt, coy registration, green card, US marriage certificate, current and previous passport, cover letter specifying everything above.

i feel insulted that they can think I want to run away to the UK. I dont think the ECO even looked at my supporting documents at all as i am sure the application was COMPLETE. what more do these pple want? A letter from the Queen?

i think an appeal will be a long process so i want to reapply, but what circumstances do they want me to change? im not going to cook up a lie ive presented everything. what do i do? @justwise or anyone else please advise

i have applied from the US in 2008 and was refused due to finances. i had a friend invite me then but this person cant really be considered a friend anymore so i applied as a tourist with a hotel booking, which is where i will stay. Could this be used against me?
Re: UK Tourist Visa Refusal - Green Card Holder by justwise(m): 3:15pm On Mar 01, 2013

(1)

2 People Confirmed Dead As Accident Hits Ekwusigo In Anambra - Graphic Photos / Why Me! Travel Agent Ripping Me! / Woman Found Guilty Of People Trafficking After Forcing Two Nigerian Women Into P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.