Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,793 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

The Book Of Zechariah Has Been Voted As The Most Difficult Book To Understand - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Book Of Zechariah Has Been Voted As The Most Difficult Book To Understand (2929 Views)

Christians And Addiction: 5 Facts About Addiction That You Need To Understand / *~ Goshen360 Voted Religion Section Poster Of 2012*~ Congratulations! / Midnight Crew Has Been Voted Music Group Of The Year. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Book Of Zechariah Has Been Voted As The Most Difficult Book To Understand by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 01, 2013
HAVE YOU ATTEMPTED IT AND DID YOU FIND IT DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND ? WHAT IS YOUR MOST DIFFICULT BOOK TO UNDERSTAND IN THE BIBLE ?
Re: The Book Of Zechariah Has Been Voted As The Most Difficult Book To Understand by plaetton: 3:40pm On Mar 01, 2013
obadiah777: HAVE YOU ATTEMPTED IT AND DID YOU FIND IT DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND ? WHAT IS YOUR MOST DIFFICULT BOOK TO UNDERSTAND IN THE BIBLE ?

Lord Obadiah777,
Have you been on sabbatical?
We missed you around here.
Glad to see you back to whip common sense into our black Isrealite a.ss.es.
lol. grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Zechariah Has Been Voted As The Most Difficult Book To Understand by ooman(m): 3:52pm On Mar 01, 2013
Are you kidding. I find the book of Zechariah interesting.
I think that the book of Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy are much more BORING and difficult to understand by a MODERN mind.

2 Likes

Re: The Book Of Zechariah Has Been Voted As The Most Difficult Book To Understand by Nobody: 11:05pm On Mar 01, 2013
plaetton:

Lord Obadiah777,
Have you been on sabbatical?
We missed you around here.
Glad to see you back to whip common sense into our black Isrealite a.ss.es.
lol. grin grin
LOL FIELD MARSHALL PLAETTON, TRUST ALL IS WELL WITH YOU BRUV. SABBATICAL ? NAH. AM STILL AROUND. I AINT GOING NOWHERE. I AM HERE TO STAY TILL THE END OF THE AGES LOL. I AM JUST IN THAT LIL SEASON OF PERUSING THE FRONTPAGE HOWEVER I WILL BE BACK IN FULL FORCE IN THE RELIGION SECTION IN A COUPLA DAYS OR SOONER. THE FRONTPAGE IS GETTING DRY NOW. NA SO SO TONTO DIKEH AND OMOTOLA AND TUBABA cry LMAO. ALL THESE CARNAL BRUTE BEASTS THAT RUN NAIRALAND
Re: The Book Of Zechariah Has Been Voted As The Most Difficult Book To Understand by Nobody: 11:08pm On Mar 01, 2013
ooman: Are you kidding. I find the book of Zechariah interesting.
I think that the book of Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy are much more BORING and difficult to understand by a MODERN mind.
INTERESTING. LET ME INDULGE YOU REAR ADMIRAL OOMAN. CAN YOU BREAK DOWN THE BOOK OF ZECHARIAH CHAPTER 5 FOR ME ? EXPLAIN WHAT IT IS TALKING ABOUT. ITS A SHORT CHAPTER.
Re: The Book Of Zechariah Has Been Voted As The Most Difficult Book To Understand by ooman(m): 8:32am On Mar 02, 2013
obadiah777: INTERESTING. LET ME INDULGE YOU REAR ADMIRAL OOMAN. CAN YOU BREAK DOWN THE BOOK OF ZECHARIAH CHAPTER 5 FOR ME ? EXPLAIN WHAT IT IS TALKING ABOUT. ITS A SHORT CHAPTER.

Ok

V 1-4 seems self explanatory enough!

V5-11 can be understood when read along with Rev. 17v3-6, then further.
Re: The Book Of Zechariah Has Been Voted As The Most Difficult Book To Understand by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 02, 2013
ooman:

Ok

V 1-4 seems self explanatory enough!

V5-11 can be understood when read along with Rev. 17v3-6, then further.
Re: The Book Of Zechariah Has Been Voted As The Most Difficult Book To Understand by ooman(m): 1:08pm On Mar 02, 2013
obadiah777:

you dont understand?
Re: The Book Of Zechariah Has Been Voted As The Most Difficult Book To Understand by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 02, 2013
ooman:

you dont understand?
I SAID BREAK IT DOWN. OK LET ME TRY A NEW APPROACH. WHAT IS A FLYING ROLL ? WHAT IS THE WOMAN IN THE EPHAH ?
Re: The Book Of Zechariah Has Been Voted As The Most Difficult Book To Understand by ooman(m): 2:17pm On Mar 02, 2013
obadiah777: I SAID BREAK IT DOWN. OK LET ME TRY A NEW APPROACH. WHAT IS A FLYING ROLL ? WHAT IS THE WOMAN IN THE EPHAH ?

The flying roll is an allegory of laws that is being passed and which everyone is aware of.

The woman sitting in an ephah or basket is the same woman being refered to in Rev 17 v - 6. She is Babylon, the great, mother of all prostitutes and obscenities in the world. The Ephah she was sitting on is the scarlet beast that had seven heads and ten horns with blasphemy written all over it.

Actually, some have translated Rome, the catholic church, new world order as the scarlet beast she was sitting on.

Try to read for your self, Rev 17, you will understand Zechariah.
Re: The Book Of Zechariah Has Been Voted As The Most Difficult Book To Understand by Ubenedictus(m): 2:35pm On Mar 02, 2013
ooman:

The flying roll is an allegory of laws that is being passed and which everyone is aware of.

The woman sitting in an ephah or basket is the same woman being refered to in Rev 17 v - 6. She is Babylon, the great, mother of all prostitutes and obscenities in the world. The Ephah she was sitting on is the scarlet beast that had seven heads and ten horns with blasphemy written all over it.

Actually, some have translated Rome, the catholic church, new world order as the scarlet beast she was sitting on.

hmm.
Re: The Book Of Zechariah Has Been Voted As The Most Difficult Book To Understand by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 02, 2013
ooman:

I DO UNDERSTAND ZECHARIAH BRUV, JUST WANTED TO SEE IF YOU DID. I AM FEELING YOU OUT. YOU ARE WRONG
Re: The Book Of Zechariah Has Been Voted As The Most Difficult Book To Understand by Ubenedictus(m): 3:31pm On Mar 02, 2013
obadiah777: I DO UNDERSTAND ZECHARIAH BRUV, JUST WANTED TO SEE IF YOU DID. I AM FEELING YOU OUT. YOU ARE WRONG
obadiah on da beats.
Re: The Book Of Zechariah Has Been Voted As The Most Difficult Book To Understand by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 02, 2013
Ubenedictus: obadiah on da beats.
YEAH BRAH, THE BEATS IS WHAT I DO LOL
Re: The Book Of Zechariah Has Been Voted As The Most Difficult Book To Understand by Ubenedictus(m): 6:38pm On Mar 02, 2013
obadiah777: YEAH BRAH, THE BEATS IS WHAT I DO LOL
hehehe funy guy.

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Zechariah Has Been Voted As The Most Difficult Book To Understand by ATMC(f): 7:21am On Mar 03, 2013
I saw you in my dream some days ago...you saw d mail i sent you?

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Zechariah Has Been Voted As The Most Difficult Book To Understand by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 04, 2013
obadiah pls according to your biblical knowledge what happens when a person dies physically on earth?

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Zechariah Has Been Voted As The Most Difficult Book To Understand by Eben2: 9:56am On Mar 05, 2013
interesting!

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Zechariah Has Been Voted As The Most Difficult Book To Understand by ooman(m): 11:34am On Mar 05, 2013
obadiah777: I DO UNDERSTAND ZECHARIAH BRUV, JUST WANTED TO SEE IF YOU DID. I AM FEELING YOU OUT. YOU ARE WRONG

so you opened this thread for me?

why dont you lecture me then!!

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Zechariah Has Been Voted As The Most Difficult Book To Understand by Eben2: 1:24pm On Mar 05, 2013
The vision of the flying roll (scroll) was a vision of the judgement of God on those who violated God's law specifically by stealing and lying (5:1-4) The woman in the basket personified wickedness and so this vision showed that wickedness would not only be severely punished according to the vision of the flying scroll but also banished according to the vision of the woman in the basket (5:6 - 9).

The woman in the basket was carried away to Babylon (the land of Shinar) which had at the time become a symbol, the center of world idolatry and wickedness. This woman was a picture to Zechariah that wickedness and sin would be taken away from Isreal and one day sin will be romoved from the entire earth.
to be continued

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Zechariah Has Been Voted As The Most Difficult Book To Understand by Eben2: 6:53pm On Mar 05, 2013
You cannot understand the book of Zechariah if you dont know the audience the book was written for initially and the purpose of the book.

The book was written to address the Jews in Jerusalem who had returned from their captivity in Babylon. the exiles had returned from Babylon to rebuild the Temple, but the work has been delayed; hence, Haggai and Zechariah confronted the people with their task and encouraged them to complete it. they also gave the people the message of hope about the coming King, the great deliverer of Isreal - the Lord Jesus;(Chapter 9:9,10) although He did not come untill about 480 years after this period.

Christians must also have it at the back of their mind that the Lord Jesus is coming; it might seems its taking long just as it was that the period of Zechriah, Haggai and Malachi, but He will surely come and at this time as a King. Are you ready for His coming?!

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Zechariah Has Been Voted As The Most Difficult Book To Understand by Eben2: 5:52pm On Mar 08, 2013
Hello!!!

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Zechariah Has Been Voted As The Most Difficult Book To Understand by Eben2: 5:55pm On Mar 08, 2013
@Obadiah777,

Hope i have been able to help with your question?
Re: The Book Of Zechariah Has Been Voted As The Most Difficult Book To Understand by Ubenedictus(m): 9:19am On Mar 09, 2013
Eben 2: Hello!!!
obadiah has disappeared may he reappear IJN
Re: The Book Of Zechariah Has Been Voted As The Most Difficult Book To Understand by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 16, 2013
ATMC: I saw you in my dream some days ago...you saw d mail i sent you?
LMAO YOU SAW ME IN YA DREAM ? grin DID I HAVE DREADLOCKS ? grin
Re: The Book Of Zechariah Has Been Voted As The Most Difficult Book To Understand by Nobody: 11:54pm On Mar 16, 2013
jacobscros: obadiah pls according to your biblical knowledge what happens when a person dies physically on earth?
WHEN YOU PHYSICALLY DIE ON EARTH YOUR SPIRIT RETURNS TO THE LORD WHO GAVE IT ( ECCLESIASTES 12 VS 7 ). YOU REST FOR 3 TO 4 GENERATIONS ( ROUGHLY 75 TO 100 YEARS )( EXODUS 20 VS 5 ). AFTER YOUR REST YOU ARE RETURNED TO EARTH TO RECIEVE JUDGEMENT FOR SINS COMMITTED IN THAT PREVIOUS LIFE ( ECCLESIASTES 3 VS 16 ). ONE JUDGEMENT PER LIFE LIVED. ( HEBREWS 9 VS 27 ). JUDGEMENT DOES NOT ACCRUE TILL ONE DAY CALLED JUDGEMENT DAY. THE DAY CALLED JUDGEMENT DAY WHEN CHRIST COMES IS FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS AND THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE
1-TO END THE WICKED RULERSHIP OF MAN ON EARTH ALSO CALLED THE ERA OF THE GENTILES WHICH STARTED WITH THE BABYLONIAN EMPIRE AND WILL END WITH THE VIRGIN DAUGHTER OF BABYLON ALSO CALLED AMERICA. YOU CAN SEE THE TRAJECTORY PATH OF THE GENTILE EMPIRE IN DANIEL 7. SO THE LORDS JUDGEMENT WILL BE TO USE NUKES ( YES NUKES IS IN THE BIBLE IN ZECHARIAH 5 VS 1-4 AND OTHER PARTS. ITS CALLED THE ARK OF TESTAMENT TOO. ). SO BASICALLY NUKES WILL DESTROY THOSE EMPIRES WHO COULDNT GET AWAY FROM WICKEDNESS FROM THE TIME IT STARTED TO THE TIME IT FINISHED. AMERICA IS THE MAIN DESTRUCTION ZZONE

2-TO RETURN THE KINDOM TO THE SAINTS ( THE 144,000 WHO ARE THE FIRST FRUITS. ALL ISRAELITES OR WHAT YOU CALL NEGROS. RIGHTEOUS MEN SELECTED FROM THE WHOLE WORLD BEFORE THE FLOOD. ) ( DANIEL 7 VS 18 )

3-DESTROY ALL THOSE WHO DESTROY THE EARTH ( REV 11 VS 18 ) ( YOU AND I KNOW WHO THAT IS )

4-DESTROY THOSE WHO COULDNT STAY AWAY FROM WICKEDNESS DESPITE HAVING OVER 4000 YEARS OF WICKEDNESS TILL NOW. THEY HAD 4000 YEARS ( ROUGHLY 20 TO 30 LIFETIMES ) TO HAVE BEEN TIRED OF WICKEDNESS AND RETURNED TO THE LORD BUT THEY DIDNT. THEY GOT PUNISHED EACH TIME THEY RETURNED BUT AFTER PUNISHMENT THEY STILL CONTINUED IN THEIR WICKEDNESS. THESE WILL BE DESTROYED IN NUKES.

5-TO RETURN RECOMPENSE TO ALL THOSE WHO TOOK ISRAEL IN SLAVERY BY HAVING THEM AS SLAVES IN THE LAND OF THE LORD ( HEAVEN ). YES THERE WILL BE SLAVERY IN HEAVEN. ( ISAIAH 14 VS 2 ) ( REVELATION 13 VS 9 ) ( JEREMIAH 30 VS 16 ). THERE WILL BE WHITE AND ARAB SLAVERY. THOSE WHO TOOK US IN SLAVERY BEFORE CHRIST CAME WERE OPERATING UNDER ( ROMANS 4 VS 15 ). THEY WERE BEING USED AS THE LORDS KOBOKO ( HABBAKUK 1 VS 14 ) ( 2 SAMUEL 7 VS 14 ) HOWEVER AFTER CHRIST CAME THE WHOLE WORLD WAS UNITED UNDER THE LAW ( EPHESIANS 2 VS 14 ) SO ANYONE WHO TOOK ISRAEL IN SLAVERY AFTER THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE NEW TESTAMENT WHICH UNITES BOTH JEW AND GENTILES UNDER THE LAW, IS GOING IN SLAVERY WHEN CHRIST RETURNS. THAT WOULD BE CAUCASIANS ( DEUT 28 VS 68 ) AND ARABS ( JOEL 3 VS 8 ) ( AMOS 1 VS 6 )
Re: The Book Of Zechariah Has Been Voted As The Most Difficult Book To Understand by Nobody: 11:54pm On Mar 16, 2013
Eben 2: interesting!
INDEED LOL
Re: The Book Of Zechariah Has Been Voted As The Most Difficult Book To Understand by Nobody: 11:56pm On Mar 16, 2013
ooman:

so you opened this thread for me?

why dont you lecture me then!!
ZECHARIAH CHAPTER 5 IS SPEAKING ABOUT THERMONUCLEAR WEAPONS THAT WILL END THIS ERA WE ARE IN. ALSO SPEAKS ABOUT THE BEGINNING OF THIS WICKED ERA IN THE LAND OF SHINAR ( BABYLON ). BASICALLY THE BEGINNING AND END OF WICKEDNESS wink
Re: The Book Of Zechariah Has Been Voted As The Most Difficult Book To Understand by Nobody: 11:57pm On Mar 16, 2013
Eben 2: The vision of the flying roll (scroll) was a vision of the judgement of God on those who violated God's law specifically by stealing and lying (5:1-4) The woman in the basket personified wickedness and so this vision showed that wickedness would not only be severely punished according to the vision of the flying scroll but also banished according to the vision of the woman in the basket (5:6 - 9).

The woman in the basket was carried away to Babylon (the land of Shinar) which had at the time become a symbol, the center of world idolatry and wickedness. This woman was a picture to Zechariah that wickedness and sin would be taken away from Isreal and one day sin will be romoved from the entire earth.
to be continued
YOU TRIED BRUV LOL YOU TRIED
obadiah777: ZECHARIAH CHAPTER 5 IS SPEAKING ABOUT THERMONUCLEAR WEAPONS THAT WILL END THIS ERA WE ARE IN. ALSO SPEAKS ABOUT THE BEGINNING OF THIS WICKED ERA IN THE LAND OF SHINAR ( BABYLON ). BASICALLY THE BEGINNING AND END OF WICKEDNESS wink
Re: The Book Of Zechariah Has Been Voted As The Most Difficult Book To Understand by Nobody: 11:59pm On Mar 16, 2013
Eben 2: @Obadiah777,

Hope i have been able to help with your question?
WELL I WAS NOT TRYING TO BE HELPED LOL. I WAS TESTING OUT DUDES KNOWLEDGE SEEING AS HE SAID ZECHARIAH WAS AN EASY BOOK TO READ WHEN SO MANY 'THEOLOGISTS' HAVE SAID IT IS THE ONE BOOK THEY AVOID
Re: The Book Of Zechariah Has Been Voted As The Most Difficult Book To Understand by Nobody: 12:01am On Mar 17, 2013
Ubenedictus: obadiah has disappeared may he reappear IJN
DISAPPEARED ? NAH BRUV I AM HERE.LOL.
Re: The Book Of Zechariah Has Been Voted As The Most Difficult Book To Understand by ooman(m): 6:45am On Mar 17, 2013
obadiah777: ZECHARIAH CHAPTER 5 IS SPEAKING ABOUT THERMONUCLEAR WEAPONS THAT WILL END THIS ERA WE ARE IN. ALSO SPEAKS ABOUT THE BEGINNING OF THIS WICKED ERA IN THE LAND OF SHINAR ( BABYLON ). BASICALLY THE BEGINNING AND END OF WICKEDNESS wink

delusions!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

True Ancient Tales Of The Mermaids And Merman. / Charles Finney: An Example Of A Prayer Man / Holy Spirit Feelings: What Are Your Experiences?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.