Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,000 members, 7,806,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

Wife Cooks Badly - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Cooks Badly (5245 Views)

Woman Who Cooks With Menstrual Blood Says "No Regrets" / 71 Yrs Old Woman Kills Husband And Cooks Him / Living With Extended Family - Advice Badly Needed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Cooks Badly by Kirinwa: 6:13pm On Mar 01, 2013
Although many would boast that their mothers are the best cooks in the world but we all know the truth. wink

Now if your wife cooks crap as food,what would you do?Teach her to cook or eat outside? God help you if you marry Abuja girl who from birth was told that a woman shouldn't be in the kitchen.Then you're in for a long tin.What are your views guys?Does your woman really know how to cook?If not, how are you coping?Be sincere and honest o.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Cooks Badly by Kirinwa: 6:25pm On Mar 01, 2013
Come one,come all. cheesy
Sexkillz helep me send this to front page.This issue has broken several homes and should be treated. Let's reduce divorce in Nigeria.
Re: Wife Cooks Badly by Dyt(f): 7:08pm On Mar 01, 2013
Lol @ FP
Kirikata kirikata kirikata

1 Like

Re: Wife Cooks Badly by MrsChima1(f): 7:15pm On Mar 01, 2013
Indomie noodles and hot dogs.
Re: Wife Cooks Badly by captainbraide: 7:33pm On Mar 01, 2013
IF A WOMAN DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO COOK,YOU TEACH HER.FOR ME WHERE THERE WOULD BE A PROBLEM IS WHEN SHE REFUSES TO LEARN AND SEES HER KNOWING HOW TO COOK AS UNIMPORTANT.THERE WOULD BE VERY BIG PROB,BECAUSE IN AS MUCH AS I KNOW HOW TO COOK VERY WELL,THE KITCHEN IS NOT MY OFFICE.IT IS THE OFFICE OF THE WOMAN,ALTHOUGH FROM TIME TO TIME I WOULD WANT TO SPOIL HER TO A SPECIAL MEAL ANYWAY

2 Likes

Re: Wife Cooks Badly by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 01, 2013
D kitchen is not a woman's office anymore,mayb in d past bt tyms hav changed n men too can cook if d lady is incapacitated. Afterall,everyone has hands which is used to cook. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Wife Cooks Badly by Kirinwa: 8:06pm On Mar 01, 2013
kimberluge: D kitchen is not a woman's office anymore,mayb in d past bt tyms hav changed n men too can cook if d lady is incapacitated. Afterall,everyone has hands which is used to cook. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Interesting and quite revealing. shocked
Gradually women are blackmailing,coercing and manipulating men into switching roles.

1 Like

Re: Wife Cooks Badly by MrsChima(f): 8:16pm On Mar 01, 2013
captainbraide: IF A WOMAN DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO COOK,YOU TEACH HER.FOR ME WHERE THERE WOULD BE A PROBLEM IS WHEN SHE REFUSES TO LEARN AND SEES HER KNOWING HOW TO COOK AS UNIMPORTANT.THERE WOULD BE VERY BIG PROB,BECAUSE IN AS MUCH AS I KNOW HOW TO COOK VERY WELL,THE KITCHEN IS NOT MY OFFICE.IT IS THE OFFICE OF THE WOMAN,ALTHOUGH FROM TIME TO TIME I WOULD WANT TO SPOIL HER TO A SPECIAL MEAL ANYWAY
coo

If she must know how to cook then you must know how to please her. It goes both ways.

1 Like

Re: Wife Cooks Badly by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 01, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
coo

If she must know how to cook then you must know how to please her. It goes both ways.

Re: Wife Cooks Badly by MrsChima(f): 8:27pm On Mar 01, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: .....

Awww Cammy. Come here dummy. kiss kiss kiss kiss grin grin grin grin
Re: Wife Cooks Badly by dmcdad: 4:29am On Mar 02, 2013
kimberluge: D kitchen is not a woman's office anymore,mayb in d past bt tyms hav changed n men too can cook if d lady is incapacitated. Afterall,everyone has hands which is used to cook. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Thats a very wrong ideology... The fact that I am not one of those men that would wanna subject a woman to slavery and all and would love to assist in every way I can, that doesn't take away the fact that the kitchen is the woman's place and nothing, I mean NOTHING can change that...

This is rather one of the problems the so-called modernization has brought to the fore. Women no longer wanna take responsibilities. Left for someone like you, I guess you would also wanna subject a man to feeding the child, washing its diapers and all that... Now, its not like its unheard for a man to do such, but the issue here is that, don't ever assume such to be a man's duty.

Gosh! Moral decadence has taken over that women no longer see the need to fulfill their pre-defined obligations. What happens to being homely and all?

Na God go really help the men of this generation cause with the majority of women having a wrong perception of what duties they are entitled to, we men are on a long thing..

2 Likes

Re: Wife Cooks Badly by dmcdad: 4:39am On Mar 02, 2013
The thing with someone like me is.. I dont really care about initial experience, but thats not to say it wont help. Buh in reality, your expertise prior to our union is not a yardstick for making the go.

What I am really concerned about is a woman's willingness to learn. I cAn afford to take her to a catering school to help ameliorate her cooking skills. Moreso, I could afford to bring my mom in to help her grow to be a good cook. Now, these depends on her willingness to learn and her level of humility. Because very many might be egoistic to a level they wont wanna succumb to adhering to those measures.

In any case, my wife is my wife and as such, I would do whatever I can to cover all traces of her short-comings. But that would depend on her openness to learn and be corrected...

2 Likes

Re: Wife Cooks Badly by Mynd44: 6:31am On Mar 02, 2013
Personally, I don't think the ability to cook should even be on the list of qualities a wife posses.....what is in being able to cook sef?

I will marry cos I love the woman and I can't live without her, because I can't stand waking up and not seeing her beside me, because I want to spend the rest of my life with her. And I am hopelessly in Love with her

If I need someone to cook for me, I will employ a cook and stay single

4 Likes

Re: Wife Cooks Badly by chronique(m): 6:45am On Mar 02, 2013
One: I'm a great cook.
Two: I can't have anything to do with a woman who cannot cook.
Three: I can't teach her;for God's sake,where was her mother when she was growing up? what was her mum passing to her during upbringing?

As an only son,my mum made me spend time in the kitchen,just like my sisters. The outcome was fantastic. I ended up having distinction in food & nutrition in high school(gce n ssce). There's no meal that I have tasted,that I cannot cook. As a bachelor,I don't eat out cos I wasn't brought up that way. If the food is not prepared by my mum,sister or aunt,I wont eat it. I can't eat food prepared by a house-help too. I even create my own recipes...

A wife that can't cook,no! Truth is she won't even make it to wifey level with me since I'm more of the homely,family oriented african man. Any learning has to be outside my house. I don't care if she wants to be president of Nigeria but she must cook my meals!

2 Likes

Re: Wife Cooks Badly by ichidodo: 8:17am On Mar 02, 2013
A woman's place in the home is in the kitchen, she can never make a good wife and mother if she is afraid of the kitchen.

1 Like

Re: Wife Cooks Badly by Kirinwa: 8:30am On Mar 02, 2013
Very insightful,educative, revealing and informative. Keep it coming.
Re: Wife Cooks Badly by Suchie(m): 5:27pm On Mar 02, 2013
Am nt really a gud cook,but my hubby is and he teaching me how to do it.Anytime am cooking sometimes I call him to tell me Wat to do...For me it dosent really matter,call her n teach her or yu guys shod wrk on it .....

2 Likes

Re: Wife Cooks Badly by dmcdad: 5:39pm On Mar 02, 2013
Suchie: Am nt really a gud cook,but my hubby is and he teaching me how to do it.Anytime am cooking sometimes I call him to tell me Wat to do...For me it dosent really matter,call her n teach her or yu guys shod wrk on it .....
I like your honesty and your openness to learn... Thats what I am saying.... DWS

1 Like

Re: Wife Cooks Badly by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 02, 2013
captainbraide: IF A WOMAN DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO COOK,YOU TEACH HER.FOR ME WHERE THERE WOULD BE A PROBLEM IS WHEN SHE REFUSES TO LEARN AND SEES HER KNOWING HOW TO COOK AS UNIMPORTANT.THERE WOULD BE VERY BIG PROB,BECAUSE IN AS MUCH AS I KNOW HOW TO COOK VERY WELL,THE KITCHEN IS NOT MY OFFICE.IT IS THE OFFICE OF THE WOMAN,ALTHOUGH FROM TIME TO TIME I WOULD WANT TO SPOIL HER TO A SPECIAL MEAL ANYWAY
Impressivecheesy

1 Like

Re: Wife Cooks Badly by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 02, 2013
dmcdad: The thing with someone like me is.. I dont really care about initial experience, but thats not to say it wont help. Buh in reality, your expertise prior to our union is not a yardstick for making the go.

What I am really concerned about is a woman's willingness to learn. I cAn afford to take her to a catering school to help ameliorate her cooking skills. Moreso, I could afford to bring my mom in to help her grow to be a good cook. Now, these depends on her willingness to learn and her level of humility. Because very many might be egoistic to a level they wont wanna succumb to adhering to those measures.

In any case, my wife is my wife and as such, I would do whatever I can to cover all traces of her short-comings. But that would depend on her openness to learn and be corrected...
Me likey
Re: Wife Cooks Badly by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 02, 2013
chronique: One: I'm a great cook.
Two: I can't have anything to do with a woman who cannot cook.
Three: I can't teach her;for God's sake,where was her mother when she was growing up? what was her mum passing to her during upbringing?

As an only son,my mum made me spend time in the kitchen,just like my sisters. The outcome was fantastic. I ended up having distinction in food & nutrition in high school(gce n ssce). There's no meal that I have tasted,that I cannot cook. As a bachelor,I don't eat out cos I wasn't brought up that way. If the food is not prepared by my mum,sister or aunt,I wont eat it. I can't eat food prepared by a house-help too. I even create my own recipes...

A wife that can't cook,no! Truth is she won't even make it to wifey level with me since I'm more of the homely,family oriented african man. Any learning has to be outside my house. I don't care if she wants to be president of Nigeria but she must cook my meals!
Naija's top chefgrin
Re: Wife Cooks Badly by Kirinwa: 5:53am On Mar 03, 2013
Suchie: Am nt really a gud cook,but my hubby is and he teaching me how to do it.Anytime am cooking sometimes I call him to tell me Wat to do...For me it dosent really matter,call her n teach her or yu guys shod wrk on it .....

Why are you not a good cook?Give us the background.Were you not taught or you never envisaged cooking for your hubby?
Re: Wife Cooks Badly by Kirinwa: 1:12pm On Mar 04, 2013
Is it possible that a lady will enter her husband's house without knowing how to cook?Then what was she doing all these times she was waiting for Mr Right
Re: Wife Cooks Badly by chronique(m): 2:44pm On Mar 04, 2013
Kirinwa: Is it possible that a lady will enter her husband's house without knowing how to cook?Then what was she doing all these times she was waiting for Mr Right

Pls help me tell/ask all these ladies that keep using "If you love me,you'll do anything for me" or "love is all that matters" to cover their numerous flaws...
Re: Wife Cooks Badly by Kirinwa: 3:18pm On Mar 04, 2013
cry cry shocked
Re: Wife Cooks Badly by greatgod2012(f): 6:27pm On Mar 04, 2013
This is one of d major/key area where we women are missing it,nobody can prepare my hubby's food except me, why wouldnt wives cook for their husbands, how can a wife even claim she doesnt know how to cook, WTF .......i mean, cooking is wive's conventional and important roles, women are supposed to be trained and brought up in such a way that she can make delicacies for her hubby, a husband must be able to feel proud to go home after d day's stress to cool himself down with d food prepared by his wife, not saying, wives should be cooks or slaves, but mehn, wives should be able to be submissive and humble enough to prepare her hubby's food, that is a pride to womanhood. These days, so many reasons are accountable for high rate of marital problems , and "my wife does not care for me, does not cook my food or does not know how to cook" etc have been one of d top list. No wonder, those husband snatchers usually use well-prepared food to accomplish their mission.
Well, call me any name, i dont mind, im always happy preparing food for my hubby and him eating with smile and looking at my face with happy facial impression thanking me, and not forgetting that you can get whatever you want from a man thru his belly, abeg, cooking food for my hubby is my pleasure, my hubby eating my food always makes me fulfilled maritally.
May God help us all.

8 Likes

Re: Wife Cooks Badly by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 04, 2013
Was it written down in any constitution that all women MUST know how to cook

I mean, I dont get why the whole fuss about a woman must be able to cook issue, its really not worth it.
If you woman knows how to cook, then your luck, if she doesnt, well still your luck..
For all I know, a guy can still cook for a family and while he is at it, the lady who doesnt know how to cook can still learn from him. Why should cooking be a subject of break up in a family This is totally a NAIJA mentality.. and it is so messed up. No freaking way!

Okay, what if in a circumstance a NAIJA man falls in love with a SOUTHAFRICAN woman and ofcourse, all the woman knows how to cook is her native food, what should be done in this case? They go their separate ways because of it? huh? Not worth it at all, nahh..

I beg to differ in this case, cooking mustn't be for the woman alone..

1 Like

Re: Wife Cooks Badly by yme1(f): 7:56pm On Mar 04, 2013
If she can't cook, get a cook cool
Re: Wife Cooks Badly by greatgod2012(f): 7:57pm On Mar 04, 2013
staicey: Was it written down in any constitution that all women MUST know how to cook

I mean, I dont get why the whole fuss about a woman must be able to cook issue, its really not worth it.
If you woman knows how to cook, then your luck, if she doesnt, well still your luck..
For all I know, a guy can still cook for a family and while he is at it, the lady who doesnt know how to cook can still learn from him. Why should cooking be a subject of break up in a family This is totally a NAIJA mentality.. and it is so messed up. No freaking way!

Okay, what if in a circumstance a NAIJA man falls in love with a SOUTHAFRICAN woman and ofcourse, all the woman knows how to cook is her native food, what should be done in this case? They go their separate ways because of it? huh? Not worth it at all, nahh..

I beg to differ in this case, cooking mustn't be for the woman alone..

well, dear, no one is saying cooking is for women alone, men too can cook, but women are originally and conventinally d "cook" of d family, i remember in our social studies then, in pry schl days, we were all taught, d most important duty of mothers(wives) is to cook for d family, even my kids have also been taught, they sing it at home, to my hearings everyday, so, that a woman does not know how to cook is out of it, for a woman who wish to get married and wish to be loved, i mean really loved, by her hubby should learn how to cook, cooking aint so tasky, it only requires creativities, your meals depend on how creative you are, not how strong/powerful you are, so, cool down, men too cook, at least, my own man assist in cooking, even, if just to help me stir my soup, its part of it, any woman who does not know how to cook, should learn how to, simple, but for oyinbos, they may not worry, their lifestyle and culture is different from ours, but to me, i will worry if i dont know how to cook and i will worry more, if my hubby dont eat my food, each to his own, let each do as he/she please, but as for me, cooking for my famiy is a pride, i derive pleasure from it.
Peace.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Most Nigerian Mothers In-law Are Diabolical. Reality Or Stereotype? / #IWD2022: Mamador Celebrates And Stands With Nigerian Women To Break The Bias / Ladies, Will You Marry A Man Who Proposes But Has No Job Or Income?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.