Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,100 members, 7,807,304 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

Oldest Possession In Your Home!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Oldest Possession In Your Home!! (8352 Views)

Will You Allow Your Husband To Bring A House Help Like This Into Your Home? / World’s Oldest Mother Gave Birth At Almost 70 / World's Oldest Dad Has Another Baby At 96 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oldest Possession In Your Home!! by RoyalRoy(m): 8:23pm On Mar 01, 2013
I imagine everyone has that special piece of object you have in your home that has stayed longer than u can remember. Share yours here, let's know which object in your house has refused to go with time!!
Mine is a bucket that my dad used in his University. He had that bucket before getting married to mum 40yrs ago.
Jokingly we call the bucket "Brother Bucket" as its older than everyone of us kids.
Had a chance to go visit them today....and trying to help them fetch some water with "Boda Bucket".....mum came to reduce the water I had in it stating that it could break with too much water in it. I laughed. Then the age long story began again...."I met this bucket in ur father's house before we got married". Funny enough "Boda Bucket" is an American.....produced & purchased in America....now living & working in Nigeria!!!!

10 Likes

Re: Oldest Possession In Your Home!! by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 01, 2013
That's funny, I wish we had an heirloom in mine that's been passed down from generations in my family. But for my family's possession, my guess would be a Binatone Yam pounder. It's about 30 years old and still works.

2 Likes

Re: Oldest Possession In Your Home!! by glimpse(f): 8:56pm On Mar 01, 2013
ourz is a wall clock dat dad bought with his 1st salary. You dare not throw away that clock. Other clocks can b thrown away or given out,bt dat 1 must remain. Funny enough that clock is stil working, it has never had engine problem. cool

3 Likes

Re: Oldest Possession In Your Home!! by slimyem: 9:20pm On Mar 01, 2013
It has to be one reading table like that...
My dad says it was the first furniture he ever bought.
The antiquity with three drawers remains standing in his room till date with his books on it and some other rubbish in it.
If not that we children assigned ourselves to throwing out old and out of use stuff(without letting the papa know o) some years back,my house would still be filled with them.
From table fan to turn table wey rat don chop the inside finish to "igbako" wey dem don dey use before i form for belle to even 1980s newspapers(my dad kept and held on to those for a looong time for God knows whatundecided).Wetin them nor keep for house then before we rebelled? gringrin
Glory be to Jehovah sha!!cool

2 Likes

Re: Oldest Possession In Your Home!! by harbeordune(f): 9:23pm On Mar 01, 2013
Ours ȋ̝̊̅§ an Electronic Blender, its been bought long before I was born, and it still works well,

2 Likes

Re: Oldest Possession In Your Home!! by RoyalRoy(m): 9:36pm On Mar 01, 2013
slimyem: From table fan to turn table wey rat don chop the inside finish to "igbako" wey dem don dey use before i form for belle to even 1980s newspapers(my dad kept and held on to those for a looong time for God knows whatundecided).Wetin them nor keep for house then before we rebelled? gringrin
Glory be to Jehovah sha!!cool

Lmao.....its so funny that most of them hold on for so long. Popsy kept even our nursery school report card till now! I even saw his pen he used to sign his marriage certificate!!

2 Likes

Re: Oldest Possession In Your Home!! by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 01, 2013
We have a bread knife which was my grandmum's she gave it to my dad when he was leaving home, I won't be surprised it is more than 60 years old. My teddy bear I got as a gift on my first birthday is still there, my mum's two teddy bears she had as a kid too are still at home. I guess its all about maintenance , though the teddy bears are in bad shape, but the bread knife doesn't have a scratch on it
Re: Oldest Possession In Your Home!! by MMM2(m): 10:20pm On Mar 01, 2013
Condom undecided
Re: Oldest Possession In Your Home!! by Nobody: 10:20pm On Mar 01, 2013
yawnz
Re: Oldest Possession In Your Home!! by Sunymoore(m): 10:21pm On Mar 01, 2013
the bag of GARRI that my father inherited from his great grand fathers. upto now the thing no gree finish embarassed embarassed

9 Likes

Re: Oldest Possession In Your Home!! by free2ryhme: 10:22pm On Mar 01, 2013
eveything na brand new ... i dont keep dustbins in my house grin grin
Re: Oldest Possession In Your Home!! by mansay(m): 10:25pm On Mar 01, 2013
mine.re so many wall clock bout 32yrs old molta bout 36yrs old nd sitting room chairs now reading chairs bout 19yrs old momsi nor dey gree troway things.Ooº°˚ ˚°
Re: Oldest Possession In Your Home!! by Greatken007(m): 10:25pm On Mar 01, 2013
ALL THESE THINGS STILL THEY OUR CUSTODY..THIS OUR SECURITY MAN HAS BEEN IN OUR HOUSE SINCE I WAS BORN(20 SOMTHING YEARS AGO)

1 Like

Re: Oldest Possession In Your Home!! by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 01, 2013
Guess what? The flask used in preserving hot water when I was born
old is still in use..Really amazing! Sometimes I want to throw it away but my mum still loves it..

Really amazing,,that flask is 24 years.
Re: Oldest Possession In Your Home!! by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 01, 2013
Royal Roy:
Lmao.....its so funny that most of them hold on for so long. Popsy kept even our nursery school report card till now! I even saw his pen he used to sign his marriage certificate!!
Your own is good, all the cloths i wore as a baby Still de..the pampers sold in the 80s the label de, Mumsy kept my primary school report card too.. I warned her that keeping this things might impede my progress in life, she no gree.. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Oldest Possession In Your Home!! by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 01, 2013
My KG1 result
Newspapers since 1973
Binatone blender
Useless 1993 iron spoon
Spring bed since d 70's(no longer used)
18 year old tv
30 year old radio
____i nor go fit count finish o+wipes out sweat*phew*
Re: Oldest Possession In Your Home!! by tshittuay: 10:31pm On Mar 01, 2013
[quote author=Royal Roy]I imagine everyone has that special piece of object you have in your home that has stayed longer than u can remember. Share yours here, let's know which object in your house has refused to go with time!!
Mine is a bucket that my dad used in his University. He had that bucket before getting married to mum 40yrs ago.
Jokingly we call the bucket "Brother Bucket" as its older than everyone of us kids.
Had a chance to go visit them today....and trying to help them fetch some water with "Boda Bucket".....mum came to reduce the water I had in it stating that it could break with too much water in it. I laughed. Then the age long story began again...."I met this bucket in ur father's house before we got married". Funny enough "Boda Bucket" is an American.....produced & purchased in America....now living & working in Nigeria!!!! My own was this KOLINTON t.v. As old as 29yrs it is still functioning.
Re: Oldest Possession In Your Home!! by RoyalRoy(m): 10:37pm On Mar 01, 2013
[quote author=tshittuay][/quote]
I guess its quality products that outlive the fake ones.
Age tells on most things but some defy time & stay in use for eternity!!
Good one mod...front page things!!
Re: Oldest Possession In Your Home!! by PosCaricature: 10:38pm On Mar 01, 2013
?
Re: Oldest Possession In Your Home!! by robinfemi: 10:39pm On Mar 01, 2013
NEED HELP. NEED HELP. Sum1 sud help me. Is MTN BIS still workin on android.
Re: Oldest Possession In Your Home!! by Lakayana: 10:39pm On Mar 01, 2013
Mine is a table from my mom's restaurant. That table has seen better days I call it the family heirloom everybody is like God forbid if that is the heirloom they will never inherit it.
Re: Oldest Possession In Your Home!! by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 01, 2013
We Still have my dad's BMX bicycle and all the old currencies too..
Re: Oldest Possession In Your Home!! by phreddie(m): 10:41pm On Mar 01, 2013
My toshiba celeron desktop which was passed on to me by my dad when i was 12. Its the same device that earned me my 1st dough on the internet.
Re: Oldest Possession In Your Home!! by PosCaricature: 10:41pm On Mar 01, 2013
M M M: Condom undecided
The first condom your dad used to disvirgin your mum or which one is it?

5 Likes

Re: Oldest Possession In Your Home!! by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 01, 2013
Too numerous to mention, I don't even know the oldest from beds, buckets, singer gas cooker, wall clock, rug, books, top coats from the 60's. I'm not even sure my dad knows his oldest possession.
Re: Oldest Possession In Your Home!! by scholes23(m): 10:45pm On Mar 01, 2013
Our bed. Was used by my parents and later transferred to we d children. That bed is even far older than us and my mother met dat bed b4 she married my dad and dat bed is almost 30 yrs old. Another obe is Baby Cot. And mattress that was bought b4 I was born and its still intact which was 25 yrs ago and I'm d first born of my parents.
Our wall clock of almost 30 yrs.

S04 saloon car of ova 30 yrs used by my friend's dad and its still alive till now
Re: Oldest Possession In Your Home!! by alfredo4u(m): 10:46pm On Mar 01, 2013
mine is bucket of garri my fada fada gave us 30years ago
Re: Oldest Possession In Your Home!! by PromixTuhh(m): 10:46pm On Mar 01, 2013
Local water pot
Towel used to wrap me when I was born (she gave it to me last month)
Reading table (my Dad had it b4 he got married)
Re: Oldest Possession In Your Home!! by inosend: 10:48pm On Mar 01, 2013
An iron-safe padlock dad used during his teachers college days. It is more than 50 years old and since I was born 32 years ago, it has had and been used with just a single key. Anyhow,I have taken possession of (inherited ) it & plan to bequeath it to my child who will pass it on until it becomes priceless

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Husband Is Selfish / One Of These Could Be Reasons For Your Failures In Spiritual Mission / If Your Spouse Slaps You For The First Time, What Would You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.