Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,051 members, 7,807,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

Prospering By Seeking God By Pastor Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prospering By Seeking God By Pastor Adeboye (8803 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prospering By Seeking God By Pastor Adeboye by leffects(m): 12:26am On Mar 02, 2013
RCCG Open Heavens Devotion Saturday 2nd March 2013 PROSPERING BY SEEKING GOD by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
Memorise: And he sought God in the days of Zechariah, who had understanding in the visions of God: and as long as he sought the LORD, God made him to prosper.
2Chronicles 26:5

Read: 2Chronicles 26:4-8

Bible in one year: Acts 15-17

Action point:
Thank God for adding another year to my life.Using 1 Corinthians 1:5, pray that God will enrich me in everything - utterance, knowledge, wisdom, vision and grace.

It is time to seek God and not material things. If you are seeking for position or power
power, do know that those who have held on to what you are seeking for have discovered that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Many people started well but while in power, they became corrupted and had a regrettable end. Those who are shouting "Hosanna" while you were in power will still be around to shout "Crucify him" when you have left the scene. This is why you must make God your focus.

Psalm 37:5 speaks of God's faithfulness to His children and their generations. God will never forsake you. The reason many people run after prosperity so hard is because of the fear of what might happen to them when they retire and what the future holds for their children. Are you caught up in such a web of fear? Come out of it! If you truly fear God, there is no need to fear something else. 2 Chronicles 26:5 says of Uzziah:

"And he sought God in the days of Zechariah, who had understanding in the visions of God: and as long as he sought the LORD; God made him to prosper"

The first time somebody gave me a Mercedes Benz car, I hid it in the garage because I thought it could make me miss Heaven. However, one night the Lord woke me up and asked why I was denying his daughter her blessings.
I told Him I did not want to be seen as a backslider. To obey the Lord, I drove the car for three days and packed it. I packed it because I thought those who were waiving at me while driving the car were calling me a backslider. Then the Lord woke me again and told me I should be using the car because a second one was coming. By 3 a.m. the next morning, a brother who had a car with six doors but could not sleep, brought it to me. With God's permission, I sold that second one and invested it into the Gospel and it opened a greater door of blessings to me. Seek Him today and He will take care of your fears.

http://earlydigest..com/2013/03/rccg-open-heavens-devotion-saturday-2nd.html

20 Likes

Re: Prospering By Seeking God By Pastor Adeboye by leffects(m): 9:34am On Mar 02, 2013
fresh
Re: Prospering By Seeking God By Pastor Adeboye by Tpave(m): 4:14am On Mar 03, 2013
Thank you daddy for the lesson.
Re: Prospering By Seeking God By Pastor Adeboye by Osas001: 4:33am On Mar 03, 2013
Amen.. May God Bless the reading & understanding of his words..

2 Likes

Re: Prospering By Seeking God By Pastor Adeboye by chibaba1m: 4:34am On Mar 03, 2013
9ice one baba in the Lord
Re: Prospering By Seeking God By Pastor Adeboye by IfyMeg(m): 5:21am On Mar 03, 2013
Thank u sir,
I'm now roaring to go to church,
I've really missed
Re: Prospering By Seeking God By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 5:42am On Mar 03, 2013
Seek wisdom and not power, like solomon who seek wisdom and d wisdom brought power and fame. one particular thing I love abt PST E.A Adeboye is d humility he has..

2 Likes

Re: Prospering By Seeking God By Pastor Adeboye by mosquitoNet(m): 6:14am On Mar 03, 2013
Knowledge9000:
[b]Finally, a sensible Nigerian has the gut to say the truth. Thanks my brother. Don't mind these gullible, naive people who always invoke God in everything. A lot of these people have no clue how Christianity made it to Africa. If they knew, they will all abandon it in a heart beat. It is the biggest baloney ever told to man. Do you all think God is so stupid to let Whites bring Christianity to us? My people think and think critically! This is common sense. These people that brought us Christianity were the same people that took some of our own into slavery, using Christianity as a pretext to carry out this heinous act, an act against humanity. Did you all know that the church had a hand in slavery and slave trade? Did you all know this? I'm not asking you to disengage yourself from this belief but simply telling you....GO AND STUDY DEEPLY.

Great Jamaican Thinker, Professor Rex Nettleford once said...Not knowing your history or memory of who you are or whom your forebears were, is akin to driving without a rear view mirror. [/b]
Thank you very much sir! Food for thought. More enlightening than what the fake MOG said. Spot on bro...!

1 Like

Re: Prospering By Seeking God By Pastor Adeboye by elothaddi(m): 7:04am On Mar 03, 2013
Fake story at the end to get at those gullible Nigerians. Next is tithe preaching when we can't help each other. Don't get it twisted, I believe in GOD and pray to him. I hate the many moG out there with stories like this. They all preach posperity prosperity prosperity.

3 Likes

Re: Prospering By Seeking God By Pastor Adeboye by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:14am On Mar 03, 2013
Noted. Getting ready for Church, today's service ma superb.
Re: Prospering By Seeking God By Pastor Adeboye by anonimi: 7:14am On Mar 03, 2013
ighoosagie: Seek wisdom and not power, like solomon who seek wisdom and d wisdom brought power and fame.

Please tell us how you seek wisdom to obtain it
Listening to MoGs seeking to enrich themselves or
* reading your Bible,
* studying hard and as wide as possible to understand how the world works
* travelling to other lands to learn new ways and develop yourself & society

one particular thing I love abt PST E.A Adeboye is d humility he has..

The man don take im own mouth talk sey na packaging, why do you continue to allow yourself be deceived by these wolves in sheep's clothing
Re: Prospering By Seeking God By Pastor Adeboye by Harphow(m): 7:34am On Mar 03, 2013
Thank God am a christian
Re: Prospering By Seeking God By Pastor Adeboye by princemolak(m): 7:55am On Mar 03, 2013
Okay,"man Of God",wev Heard. www.onlinemoneydon.com
Re: Prospering By Seeking God By Pastor Adeboye by avalontony(m): 7:56am On Mar 03, 2013
seek God first.......who is the source of all you need in life.
Re: Prospering By Seeking God By Pastor Adeboye by mrofficial2(m): 8:03am On Mar 03, 2013
I'm going to church. Atheists, please go to
Re: Prospering By Seeking God By Pastor Adeboye by stankezzy: 8:03am On Mar 03, 2013
elo thaddi: Fake story at the end to get at those gullible Nigerians. Next is tithe preaching when we can't help each other. Don't get it twisted, I believe in GOD and pray to him. I hate the many moG out there with stories like this. They all preach posperity prosperity prosperity.
weather fake or true,a human being that up to 7milon ,people(population of some states)come to listen to ,does not need your approval.since you have seen that tis type of envey is becomeing old fashion,either you formulate another type or you repent now you have chance.preaching prosperity or flying in a private jet is better than rapeing 13yrs old nd sponsoring terrorism.(WHAT CAN I DO THEN TO BRING HIM DOWN?) when i have tried-spiritually,physically nd other wise.bros the remaining option is negative talk or abuseing useing forum ,although there are consequenses.

3 Likes

Re: Prospering By Seeking God By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 03, 2013
No comment

[/color]
Re: Prospering By Seeking God By Pastor Adeboye by stankezzy: 8:15am On Mar 03, 2013
Seun.A.Plonker:
I'm going to church. Atheists, please go to
bed,since they do not have any God to worship.
Re: Prospering By Seeking God By Pastor Adeboye by ucnduka(f): 8:20am On Mar 03, 2013
All these so-called atheists on this thread are so confused...you say he is fake but you are so eager to listen to what he says,rubbish! U guys shld just face ur business and stop getting into d business of christains,we like our lives,leave it and focus on yours...confused lot!

2 Likes

Re: Prospering By Seeking God By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 03, 2013
Nigerian pastors are as guilty in corruption as nigerian leaders

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Jesus' Pictures Real / How To Present Your Body A Living Sacrifice As A Christian - Feedmejesus / Alien Skull Found In Peru

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.