Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

You Will Get There - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Will Get There (9037 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Will Get There by dotcomnamename: 10:09am On Mar 02, 2013
Believe in yourself and you will definitely get there..

When a poor,skinny black boy announced that he wanted to be the President of the USA, America laughed at him. He wasn't rich,wasn't experienced and wasn't WHITE. And YET,today,that boy is the PRESIDENT OF the USA

When an old,poor ,ugly woman auditioned for the British show,BRITAIN'S GOT TALENT,the judges laughed at her. She was old,dirty,ugly and shaggy. BUT the 47-year old SUSAN BOYLE amazed the World with her vocals,won the competition, and has sold 100 million copies of her first album!

When a poor,black Sudanese refugee girl went to Britain and got a job as a toilet cleaner,NO ONE would expect that she would be a Global Supermodel. BUT today,ALEK WEK is a world-famous supermodel who goes for lunch with Tyra Banks!

When her boyfriend dumped her,after telling her that she was fat and ugly,British singer ADELE was totally brokenhearted. BUT today,the girl is the highest-earning­­­ British singer and has won 8 GRAMMY AWARDS!

When he used to sweep the corridors of Ghetto Radio and serve tea to the Presenters,they­­­ all laughed at him for being tiny and low-class. BUT today,MBUSII is Kenya's Best Male Radio Presenter!

He started singing in 2000. He made over ten albums AND still NOBODY cared! They laughed at his weird, senseless songs....and He almost gave up music BUT then,he released GANGNAM STYLE ,and today,PSY is a global mega-superstar,­­­earning billions of dollars and with the MOST WATCHED video in YouTube History!

Hey,THE WORLD'S Expectations are NOT God's Preparations!!!

While the WORLD is busy hating,GOD is busy Loving!

While the WORLD is busy Destroying You,GOD is busy Building You!

While the WORLD is Running away from You,GOD is busy Running towards You!

While the WORLD thinks Your time is Up, GOD IS SAYING; YOUR TIME IS NOW!!!

Keep Praying!
Keep Hoping!
Keep Trusting!
Keep Believing!

THE LORD is NEVER LATE. It dosnt mata what's bin said to make u feel bad wit yourself, u re important.

138 Likes

Re: You Will Get There by Nobody: 4:08am On Mar 03, 2013
Nyc one!
Re: You Will Get There by foruma(m): 4:09am On Mar 03, 2013
Good one
Re: You Will Get There by hammedkola(m): 4:10am On Mar 03, 2013
I really like this...Best thread of the month so far... Now i can sleep

1 Like

Re: You Will Get There by gunpoint(m): 4:10am On Mar 03, 2013
Ok.
Read it all nw, inspiring, bt hw many of dis ppl evn knw a jot abt church or God? Dangote's story is inspiring for eg, bt its nt a church testimony.
Tinkin to self(I tink I wz 1st to post on the wong tread man) angry

1 Like

Re: You Will Get There by hammedkola(m): 4:12am On Mar 03, 2013
Lakayana: this morning when you should be doing something reasonable with your life you are dancing azonto for coming 1st

So how you take know say him dey dance?...U be general Overseer?
Re: You Will Get There by Nobody: 4:15am On Mar 03, 2013
any example from Nigeria? I doubt anybody can rise from ghetto to wealth in Nigeria unless they are in some kinda entertainment....

1 Like

Re: You Will Get There by gunpoint(m): 4:21am On Mar 03, 2013
hammedkola:

Tank u oh undecided
Re: You Will Get There by Nobody: 4:31am On Mar 03, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

He started singing in 2000. He made over ten albums AND still NOBODY cared! They laughed at his weird, senseless songs....and He almost gave up music BUT then,he released GANGNAM STYLE ,and today,PSY is a global mega-superstar,­­­earning billions of dollars and with the MOST WATCHED video in YouTube History!

Billion ke? Bro na Bill Gates be that one.

Nice post though. I enjoyed it.
Re: You Will Get There by Friedrich080(m): 4:34am On Mar 03, 2013
We will rise above our difficulties Insha Allah. We will be Great. I never lose hope of makin it to the World Top 10 Succexful people. God will grant my prayer and do me Good.Amin

6 Likes

Re: You Will Get There by Sisom(f): 4:35am On Mar 03, 2013
nice one adeg you fit dey post dis kin thing every morning.

2 Likes

Re: You Will Get There by Lakayana: 4:39am On Mar 03, 2013
hammedkola:

even you I dey see you dis na Sunday morning repent now stop wearing dat dirty dross/pant.
Re: You Will Get There by delors(m): 4:41am On Mar 03, 2013
Word! @OP, your head is there kakaraka!
Re: You Will Get There by Tpave(m): 4:42am On Mar 03, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
any example from Nigeria? I doubt anybody can rise from ghetto to wealth in Nigeria unless they are in some kinda entertainment....
What of our president that has no shoes when he was in school? That is a humble/ghetto background.[url]
Mr knowitall.:
What of our president that has no shoes when he was in school? That is a humble/ghetto background.[/url]
Mr knowitall.:
What of our president that has no shoes when he was in school? That is a humble/ghetto background.

1 Like

Re: You Will Get There by egift(m): 4:46am On Mar 03, 2013
Nice thread.

To everyone:
- There are many things that will discourage/distract you from being successful.
- But if you can just make out a little time, set a goal for your life (if you have not).
- Outline plans on what you need to have, places you need to go, what you need to learn and the type of people you need to be around with.
- Split them in stages (that way you can draw encouragement each time you complete a stage).
- Start it. Adjust every thing towards your goal (discussion, activity, studying, possession, even money - whatever that involves you, point it to your goal).

If you can persist, believe God to assist you, believe yourself to reach that goal - you did be amazed what you will achieve.

9 Likes

Re: You Will Get There by Lakayana: 4:48am On Mar 03, 2013
God bless you dot.com for posting this very inspiring thread. We shall indeed overcome every hurdle in our lives and get to our destinations in Jesus name amen.

1 Like

Re: You Will Get There by kaydee(m): 4:56am On Mar 03, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

When an old,poor ,ugly woman auditioned for the British show,BRITAIN'S GOT TALENT,the judges laughed at her. She was old,dirty,ugly and shaggy. BUT the 47-year old SUSAN BOYLE amazed the World with her vocals,won the competition, and has sold 100 million copies of her first album!
She didn't win the competition but she made something outta it
Re: You Will Get There by chochoman: 5:37am On Mar 03, 2013
[quote author=Mr knowitall.]any example from Nigeria? I doubt anybody can rise from ghetto to wealth in Nigeria unless they are in some kinda entertainment....[/quote GEJ nko,I bet you most of the rich or powerful me in Nigeria of today did.The only difference is thay they have the tendency to forget where they came from.They all enjoyed free education and government scholarships but destroyed such laudable programmes.
Re: You Will Get There by DeGrace01(m): 5:40am On Mar 03, 2013
@Op, this is a very nice thread, i wish people can read in between the line and make very good use of the senses and talents to improve their life.
God created us with enough deposit of talent that can turn-around our life for better, the problem is that only few people really want to make use of their brain..

1 Like

Re: You Will Get There by Nobody: 5:43am On Mar 03, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me: Believe in yourself and you will definitely get there..

When a poor,skinny black boy announced that he wanted to be the President of the USA, America laughed at him. He wasn't rich,wasn't experienced and wasn't WHITE. And YET,today,that boy is the PRESIDENT OF the USA

When a poor,black Sudanese refugee girl went to Britain and got a job as a toilet cleaner,NO ONE would expect that she would be a Global Supermodel. BUT today,ALEK WEK is a world-famous supermodel who goes for lunch with Tyra Banks!

When her boyfriend dumped her,after telling her that she was fat and ugly,British singer ADELE was totally brokenhearted. BUT today,the girl is the highest-earning­­­ British singer and has won 8 GRAMMY AWARDS!

When he used to sweep the corridors of Ghetto Radio and serve tea to the Presenters,they­­­ all laughed at him for being tiny and low-class. BUT today,MBUSII is Kenya's Best Male Radio Presenter!

Keep Praying!
Keep Hoping!
Keep Trusting!
Keep Believing!

THE LORD is NEVER LATE. It dosnt mata what's bin said to make u feel bad wit yourself, u re important.

beautiful. smiley

kiss kiss
Re: You Will Get There by Nobody: 5:43am On Mar 03, 2013
we need more threads like this. smiley
Re: You Will Get There by Reyus: 5:45am On Mar 03, 2013
There are many 'grass to grace' success stories.
Not all of them know God before or after their achievements.
By stroke of luck, their perseverance paid off. Some later still fall back to the grass or gutter.... worse than when they started.

Meanwhile, some have been praying and fasting working hard, yet nothing to show.

2 Likes

Re: You Will Get There by greall1: 5:51am On Mar 03, 2013
True Talk
Re: You Will Get There by free2ryhme: 6:08am On Mar 03, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me: Believe in yourself and you will definitely get there..

Keep Praying!
Keep Hoping!
Keep Trusting!
Keep Believing!

my problem with this thread: none of your examples where ever xtians make me doubt the motive behind your post... Bros the bible is not a motivational book it is the word of God .. dont mix it with the worldliness of men...

1 Like

Re: You Will Get There by djeezy(m): 6:09am On Mar 03, 2013
Nice thread. Quite inspirational.
Re: You Will Get There by Nobody: 6:16am On Mar 03, 2013
Bookmarked before people go wake up come full this place.
Re: You Will Get There by free2ryhme: 6:21am On Mar 03, 2013
djeezy: Nice thread. Quite inspirational.

inspirartional indeed.. gangnam style, adele, susan boyle ....
Re: You Will Get There by SamConquer(m): 6:40am On Mar 03, 2013
So Sensible Things Do Make Front Page??Daz Good Cos I Was Thinking Nairaland Has Finaly Turn TONTOLAND

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Eckanker And Soul Travel / Happy Birthday Pope Francis / In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.