Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

Ex-Members of all Cults , lets share our Past Experiences for people to learn. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ex-Members of all Cults , lets share our Past Experiences for people to learn. (22674 Views)

Gunshots At Federal Polytechnic Nekede As Rival Cults Clash. / Scores Wounded As Rival Cults Clash In Osun Secondary Schools / Cults - Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-Members of all Cults , lets share our Past Experiences for people to learn. by stopcultism: 11:18am On Mar 02, 2013
Click and read this Link:
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/sunday-magazine/worship/my-life-as-an-ex-cultist/

‘My life as an ex-cultist’

Posted by: Sunday Oguntola on November 25, 2012 in Worship Leave a comment

The National Coordinator of Project Youth Liberation, Pastor Uche Oyemike, was a cultist for several years while in the university. He shared with Sunday Oguntola how God saved him and why terrorists should repent to avert divine wrath

How did your journey to the world of cultism start?

It all started in Delta State University (DELSU) where I was admitted for a Pre-degree course in Geology. When I arrived there, one of my cousins was graduating from the school and she offered me her accommodation, which I paid for. Unknown to me, my compound was the den of cultists. There, you had all the leaders of cult organisations on campus. The leaders of , Buccaneers and others were there. It was called Allen Avenue. I didn’t know anything.

One day, something happened in the compound. Some buccaneers from Ekpoma came and one of them had a girlfriend in the compound. Unfortunately, the lady was dating a member in DELSU. He came and there was a fight. I ran from my compound towards Abraka Grammar School and saw a young man who had a girlfriend in the compound. I told him there was chaos. I didn’t know he was a member. He mobilised more and the fight escalated.

The leaders of Buccaneer and were from the same place-Agbor. They spoke in their dialect that they should settle and they got to know I was the one who ‘reported’ the guys who came from Ekpoma. Immediately, he made a decree that I should be killed. I got to know and ran home for about three weeks. My parents were disturbing me to return to school, not knowing death was waiting for me there.

Couldn’t you at least tell the authorities to bail you out?

The school authorities could not help. The fellowships could not help and parents could not. They said if I must stay on campus I must ‘belong’. Everybody I spoke to advised me to join them if I must stay on campus. They were, in fact, marketing their different cult groups to me. So, I made up my mind to belong to the strongest group, which was the . I did that to at least remain on campus. But the killings were too much. The heat was much and after a year, I moved to the University of Benin to study Geology.

Then, you left the group right?

Not at all. I changed school and thought I had escaped. For one year, nobody knew my antecedents. In UNIBEN, the leader of the Eiye Confraternity was so powerful and influential. He had political ties that he was using to emasculate the . So the group decided to infiltrate a political organisation called Rainbow Charity Christian Organisation (RACO) so that it can counter the influence of the Eiye group. About seven of us that were unknown were drafted to infiltrate the group.

But that same month, I gave my life to Christ. Immediately, God told me I was saved so that I can fight cultism. I told God nobody can fight against cultism. Many Christians who left were killed or maimed. But God assured me and said if I didn’t do it, he was going to kill me himself. We had a seven-month strike during the Abacha’s era and when we came back, I declared to everyone I was saved. I was there for one month and they didn’t look for me. Everyone, including me, was shocked. Then, I summoned courage and went to meet the chief priest, who was a childhood friend.

He said the reason why they had not struck me was because he was covering up for me. He thought I was feigning salvation so that I could graduate because I was in 300level. I said no I was serious. Then, he drew the battle line and said I should live with whatever came my way. He summoned a squad to hit me but when they came, they could not locate the same house they had visited several times before. They only shattered my room and left.

I was not perturbed because I was already with the Nigerian Fellowship of Evangelical Students (NIFES). Until that time, nobody, at least in UNIBEN, had left a cult group and stood for Christ. When people saw that nothing was coming close to me, many who had confessed Christ but could not declare it began to come out. My boldness encouraged them to come out from Eiye, Buccaneer, and other cult groups. We started a group called the Called-out ones. It was such a big move because in my days, cultism was tough and untouchable. They would kill in lecture rooms in broad daylight. It was so attractive that those who didn’t belong felt foolish.

What was the group doing?

God used us to do so much. Mama Idahosa was there for us. She supported and stood by us. We started going round campuses through her sponsorship. There was also the late Bishop Onosode of Spirit of Life Bible Church. We were on TV, telling youths to come out of cultism. That was how cultism lost its grip in this nation. We exposed their secrets because the strength of secret cults is in their secrets. It got so good that you could slap a cultist back if he dared slap you. We were so effective.

I am sure you heard from them, didn’t you?

Sure, you are right. They formed a new squad team headed by the chief priest. I was staying at the doctors’ quarters in UNIBEN. When they got to my residence, they said it was too early and decided to carry out an operation. They planned to come back later. They went to a family and robbed them. There was a 7-month old pregnant woman. As they were going, the head of turned and shot the woman in her stomach. They then met to share the loots. But surprisingly, a disagreement broke out over the sharing formula. The head got angry and shot the chief priest. Others ran away and came back to take him to UBTH. When they got to the reception, the pregnant woman who was shot was also being bought in. With her last breath, she identified them as her killers. They ran away.

The chief priest was in police custody for three days in the hospital. He then sent for me to come for prayers. I got a word from God to go. I got there and saw the criminal ward that was always locked with chains opened. Even nurses that had no business there could not get in. I entered and got to him. The detectives attached to him followed me without talking. The guy then narrated everything that happened to me. I led him to Christ and he said even if he was going to die, I should pray for him. I said he would not die.

His mother was wealthy and he was treated. He was sentenced and he came out. The head of the was also looking for me. I couldn’t see him until we ran into each other on campus. He just came and knelt down. He was the most dreaded cultist on campus. He said he wanted to give his life to Christ. I said I didn’t preach to him but he said he was tired. He joined us and the guy who was to be his successor also joined us. They could not do anything because God was on my side. We were moving from school to school, preaching the gospel with our meager resources.

So, you graduated without hassles?

You can be sure. I left and joined Living Waters International Church in Port-Harcourt founded by Rev. Francis Bekee. I was there for 12 years, pastoring. I left for Enugu and pastored the church there too for another five years. I then came to Lagos and God told me to resign and start praying against the imminent violence in the land. I did and in the last four years I have been preparing for this assignment. The Lord said the assignment will kick off in Abuja.

Which is what?

The mandate is to put an end to youth violence in the country. From cultism, we have graduated to militancy, insurgency and now terrorism. We have really got worse. That is why I believe the proposed capital punishment against terrorists will not work. It should not be the first option but the last. If there was capital punishment, people like us would not have been alive today. Many people have come out of cultism. The government should exhaust every avenue to reach out to fight terrorism and cultism. Abacha voted many funds to fight cultism on campuses. In 1997, when we organised a programme, the school authorities gave us N100, 000 to support us. Cultism came down in the last 15 years because people rose up and said no.

So, what will you be doing?

We would start a non-denominational youth fellowship in Abuja where we will raise prayer altars. From there, we will spread to other geo-political zones in the nation. We will be taking our awareness campaign to them. 80% of people involved in social vices such as terrorism and cultism want to come out. But they cannot because there are no alternatives. I believe if they come to us, God will save them. Anyone that genuinely repents will be saved. I want them to overcome the fear of death. No one can kill you if your time is not up. Come out of them and God will accept you.

God is asking me to tell those involved in terrorism, cultism and militancy including their sponsors in government circles to give up. If they do not repent, God’s hammer will descend on them in 2013. God will start exposing them because He has had enough. This is their season of repentance.

Lets all Ex-Members of cults come together to form An associations and let share our Experiences , The Present Members are really blind as to what they are doing, Cultism is bad, no gain but they wont Listen , The devil in them would lead them to destruction .

Learn we kill sometimes when we discover that a member is about to complete his education and we feel he could become a Born Again Christian later , he might expose us then we could bring such person down.

With the responses so far , there are so many Cults guys in Nairaland.

There are some that were brought down on there wedding day , remember that cults does not end in the School , it continues even out of school , some long time member that we feel could expose us even outside the school could be killed .

1 Like

Re: Ex-Members of all Cults , lets share our Past Experiences for people to learn. by ekytessy(f): 11:27am On Mar 02, 2013
Pls wats d benefit being a cult member, nawaoooo
Re: Ex-Members of all Cults , lets share our Past Experiences for people to learn. by baby124: 11:31am On Mar 02, 2013
So you are proud to say you killed people? That you made a mother weep over her child? That you made a mother curse you and the day you were born. If you want to confess, be ready to lay down your life. Murder has no statute of limitation. If you killed 30yrs ago, you can still go to jail for that murder today. Confess your sins here and name you, your sponsors and your co-conspirators. You will go to jail, but you would have paid a small price for the lives you took(You can do the crime, so be prepared and strong enough to do the time). If you don't do it, then this your post is worthless. But I know till you die, you will be haunted by the lives you took. That is if you are not a scammer!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-Members of all Cults , lets share our Past Experiences for people to learn. by FXKing2012(m): 11:32am On Mar 02, 2013
This is moving and I'm glad you are ready to confess. But hope you are also ready to take responsibility for your actions because you said you killed innocent people, and you should ideally be pubished for this.

Confirm if you are serious about the confession then I'll send you the numbers to call.
Re: Ex-Members of all Cults , lets share our Past Experiences for people to learn. by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 02, 2013
You dey kenya?lol!you want to confess to commissioner?How long have you stayed outside Nigeria?you better move on with your life and enjoy the rest of it.You will be reporting yourself to same people.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Members of all Cults , lets share our Past Experiences for people to learn. by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 02, 2013
baby_123: So you are proud to say you killed people? That you made a mother weep over her child? That you made a mother curse you and the day you were born. If you want to confess, be ready to lay down your life. Murder has no statute of limitation. If you killed 30yrs ago, you can still go to jail for that murder today. Confess your sins here and name you, your sponsors and your co-conspirators. You will go to jail, but you would have paid a small price for the lives you took(You can do the crime, so be prepared and strong enough to do the time). If you don't do it, then this your post is worthless. But I know till you die, you will be haunted by the lives you took. That is if you are not a scammer!
Re: Ex-Members of all Cults , lets share our Past Experiences for people to learn. by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 02, 2013
baby_123: So you are proud to say you killed people? That you made a mother weep over her child? That you made a mother curse you and the day you were born. If you want to confess, be ready to lay down your life. Murder has no statute of limitation. If you killed 30yrs ago, you can still go to jail for that murder today. Confess your sins here and name you, your sponsors and your co-conspirators. You will go to jail, but you would have paid a small price for the lives you took(You can do the crime, so be prepared and strong enough to do the time). If you don't do it, then this your post is worthless. But I know till you die, you will be haunted by the lives you took. That is if you are not a scammer!

keep quiet. The young man has realised he made a mistake and this step he is about to make is a right step in the right direction. So don't condemn his as he was the one who voluntary decided to open up and so let's encourage him in this direction and not discourage him

19 Likes

Re: Ex-Members of all Cults , lets share our Past Experiences for people to learn. by 2legit2qwt: 11:42am On Mar 02, 2013
With your atrocious grammar, it's obvious cultism(gangsterism) destroys life...Kids take note tongue

Good move but you need to do some time in prison brother

1 Like

Re: Ex-Members of all Cults , lets share our Past Experiences for people to learn. by baby124: 11:46am On Mar 02, 2013
Vision2017:

keep quiet. The young man has realised he made a mistake and this step he is about to make is a right step in the right direction. So don't condemn his as he was the one who voluntary decided to open up and so let's encourage him in this direction and not discourage him

Killing a whole human being, a mistake? I underestimated the possible level of reasoning of a human being. You should keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Members of all Cults , lets share our Past Experiences for people to learn. by ekytessy(f): 11:46am On Mar 02, 2013
Thank God for ur life, always pray, God doesn't disappoint
Re: Ex-Members of all Cults , lets share our Past Experiences for people to learn. by bornosheikh: 11:50am On Mar 02, 2013
Bros...repenting your sins is a good start. Your youth cannot be used as a waiver against your ignorance. You were old enough to know better. Even an 8 year old knows right from wrong. Allah will judge you.

Please report yourself to the authorities and tell them all you know. It should be your life mission now. To save lives.

Mods move this to the front page...he is serving the national cause....as opposed to usual yansh and breast celebrity photos.

Blessings.
Re: Ex-Members of all Cults , lets share our Past Experiences for people to learn. by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 02, 2013
This guy is a learner...you just copy and paste popular know facts of the black men and paste here..you are not real.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Members of all Cults , lets share our Past Experiences for people to learn. by peckhamboi: 12:01pm On Mar 02, 2013
Egede to all glorious world wide Una bam ooooooo.. Dodorima aye one love to all amigos.

3 Likes

Re: Ex-Members of all Cults , lets share our Past Experiences for people to learn. by Odunnu: 12:04pm On Mar 02, 2013
He was a cultist. Was is the keyword here. As a cultist, he did atrocious stuff, he killed as a hit man but today he realises he has been evil propelled and wants a change. Encouragement is what he needs and not condemnation. Even though he says he doesnt care what happens to him so long as he exposes the evils in cultism

5 Likes

Re: Ex-Members of all Cults , lets share our Past Experiences for people to learn. by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 02, 2013
Moderators .this thread is meant for somewhere else..not the highly respected and glorified section of politics
Re: Ex-Members of all Cults , lets share our Past Experiences for people to learn. by BedLam: 12:05pm On Mar 02, 2013
First of all, no thanks to Wole Soyinka.! cultism is becoming so rampant these days, even pastors children, I know alot of em who cant even kill a fly at home but hey! they are veteran assassins . I believe lack of contentment is one reason people "belong ", you want to have the latest gadging, the cutest (runs) babe, you want to follow up etc. I even wonder what you are following up? one thing is that an "INJEWS MAN" can never trouble a "JEW" unless you step on his toe! nothing is as sweet as freedom! I can't enter a place where there is no exit. tell me what else is sweeter than freedom?

7 Likes

Re: Ex-Members of all Cults , lets share our Past Experiences for people to learn. by Lagusta(m): 12:27pm On Mar 02, 2013
BedLam: First of all, no thanks to Wole Soyinka.! cultism is becoming so rampant these days, even pastors children, I know alot of em who cant even kill a fly at home but hey! they are veteran assassins . I believe lack of contentment is one reason people "belong ", you want to have the latest gadging, the cutest (runs) babe, you want to follow up etc. I even wonder what you are following up? one thing is that an "INJEWS MAN" can never trouble a "JEW" unless you step on his toe! nothing is as sweet as freedom! I can't enter a place where there is no exit. tell me what else is sweeter than freedom?

10billion likes for this!!!!!

Wallahi, nothing is sweeter than freedom!!!!

Why enslaving yourself because you want to "belong" or feel among?? ?

Is it because of the money, fame, power, or the beautiful babes?? ?

Instead of cultism, let's embrace unionism and welfarism......

OF THE GREATEST NIGERIAN STUDENTS!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Members of all Cults , lets share our Past Experiences for people to learn. by omamokta: 12:50pm On Mar 02, 2013
This guy is an impostor, he has never been a member of NBM. QED!

1 Like

Re: Ex-Members of all Cults , lets share our Past Experiences for people to learn. by omamokta: 12:52pm On Mar 02, 2013
Na lie u ve never been a member of . You are seeking attention on NL.
Re: Ex-Members of all Cults , lets share our Past Experiences for people to learn. by AbdulAdam56(m): 12:52pm On Mar 02, 2013
Front page wink
Re: Ex-Members of all Cults , lets share our Past Experiences for people to learn. by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 02, 2013
You need to be killed for taking lives. What a man sows, so shall he reap.
Re: Ex-Members of all Cults , lets share our Past Experiences for people to learn. by yuzedo: 1:20pm On Mar 02, 2013
grin undecided
Re: Ex-Members of all Cults , lets share our Past Experiences for people to learn. by otokx(m): 3:42pm On Mar 02, 2013
Its like a story in bits and pieces, why not say every thing here though i suspect you have nothing to say.
Re: Ex-Members of all Cults , lets share our Past Experiences for people to learn. by DukeNija(m): 3:43pm On Mar 02, 2013
All these Mu.mu's saying you need to die, you need to be punished bla bla bla!

Shut-Up!!
He's been punished already by his conscience or are you people God?
God has forgiven him and you sinners have no right to judge anyone but yaselves!

Make una come carry am go police station nah. Mcheeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

3 Likes

Re: Ex-Members of all Cults , lets share our Past Experiences for people to learn. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 02, 2013
Odunnu: He was a cultist. Was is the keyword here. As a cultist, he did atrocious stuff, he killed as a hit man but today he realises he has been evil propelled and wants a change. Encouragement is what he needs and not condemnation. Even though he says he doesnt care what happens to him so long as he exposes the evils in cultism

i beg to disagree

he 'was' a cultist is not going to undo the deaths of people he killed, the pain the families of his victims live with to this day, it will not unmaim , or un-rape or de traumatise survivors of his atrocities

nigerians are fond of all this confession and born againing after getting away with murder and evil, and if that is some sort of magical reset button that will make everything right for their victims

it is just like some rubbish when you read that an armed robber has become 'born again'
as if that will somhow undo his crimes against society

true repentance means taking responsibility for your actions. anything else is demo
there MUST be consequences, otherwise we can all decide to kill , harassa, rap-e etc with the knowledge that we can 'repent' years later

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-Members of all Cults , lets share our Past Experiences for people to learn. by ATMC(f): 4:28pm On Mar 02, 2013
Lagusta:

10billion likes for this!!!!!

Wallahi, nothing is sweeter than freedom!!!!

Why enslaving yourself because you want to "belong" or feel among?? ?

Is it because of the money, fame, power, or the beautiful babes?? ?

Instead of cultism, let's embrace unionism and welfarism......

OF THE GREATEST NIGERIAN STUDENTS!!!!!!
Great!!!
Btw d op say share your experience if you had any not judge d
Re: Ex-Members of all Cults , lets share our Past Experiences for people to learn. by dayokanu(m): 4:34pm On Mar 02, 2013
Na wa oo
Re: Ex-Members of all Cults , lets share our Past Experiences for people to learn. by doctokwus: 5:18pm On Mar 02, 2013
coolkris: This guy is a learner...you just copy and paste popular know facts of the black men and paste here..you are not real.
I found his story also too convenient.Its d kind of tale u get to hear frm some pastors trying to win new converts,dat they once were robbers,fornicators,yahoo-yahoo etc,wt appropriate times& circumstances.He may av actually bn an ex cult member but d tale sounds like sth that was greatly exaggerated;my 2kobo though

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Members of all Cults , lets share our Past Experiences for people to learn. by coogar: 5:26pm On Mar 02, 2013
BedLam: First of all, no thanks to Wole Soyinka.! cultism is becoming so rampant these days, even pastors children, I know alot of em who cant even kill a fly at home but hey! they are veteran assassins . I believe lack of contentment is one reason people "belong ", you want to have the latest gadging, the cutest (runs) babe, you want to follow up etc. I even wonder what you are following up? one thing is that an "INJEWS MAN" can never trouble a "JEW" unless you step on his toe! nothing is as sweet as freedom! I can't enter a place where there is no exit. tell me what else is sweeter than freedom?

stop talking nonsense......
in the days of wole soyinka, confraternity was all about recruiting the best brains in the campus but the idea later went belly up and touts and miscreants turned confraternity into a mini-terrorist group! what wole soyinka formed is the same as the fraternities and sororities you would find in most universities abroad.
Re: Ex-Members of all Cults , lets share our Past Experiences for people to learn. by 4chi: 5:45pm On Mar 02, 2013
coogar:

stop talking nonsense......
in the days of wole soyinka, confraternity was all about recruiting the best brains in the campus but the idea later went belly up and touts and miscreants turned confraternity into a mini-terrorist group! what wole soyinka formed is the same as the fraternities and sororities you would find in most universities abroad.
Don't mind the ignoramus....no matter how much you explain things to them, like little babies, they keep blabbing and talking like imbeciles.
Re: Ex-Members of all Cults , lets share our Past Experiences for people to learn. by HAH: 5:58pm On Mar 02, 2013
Wetin pesin no go see for nairaland, very soon ex armed robbers and kidnappers too will come and create a thread, why don't you repent in silence and leave rest to God.

If you are really repenting and making a post here please do us the honour of displaying your real identity so that we know is for real

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Remands Man For Defiling 9-Month-Old Baby In Lagos / Young Men Stripped Unclad In Bayelsa And Paraded Round Town For Stealing (Photos / Avoid Illegal POS Transactions – EFCC Warn POS Operators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.