Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,775 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

A Tale Of 3 Women - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Tale Of 3 Women (1184 Views)

Anita Oyakhilome Opens Up After Divorce Tale / TB Joshua Returns The Tithe Of A Widower And Father Of 3 / Tale Of Ecuadorian Girl Who Went To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Tale Of 3 Women by InesQor(m): 1:34pm On Mar 02, 2013
Adeola: "God I know I haven't been good, but I'm your child and I know your love for me is real. I'll try to do better but now I am in urgent need of your help..."
God: Loves what he is hearing. Smiles and listens to her request, that he'd already been waiting for her to mention. Assigns angels to her aid.

Bintu: "God you know I've been a good girl. And you know I've not done any wrong recently and I've kept my holiness. I know you're just so you'll give me what I deserve"
God: "Oh really? You'd like to keep scores based on the fact that I'm just? Yes indeed I am just. And I have an excellent score-keeper" Summons the score-keeper. Score-keeper excellently reveals holes in her hol-iness. End of discussion.

Chinelo:"I've messed up badly. Everybody knows I'm done for. I won't even bother asking God to help me lest he hand me to the devil in anger"
God: "Sigh. I need to wait for this one to make up her mind & come home. I can't force her hand"
Devil: (rubs hands gleefully, hopes she stays right where she is)

What do you think of these three scenarios? Do they seem familiar to you?

3 Likes

Re: A Tale Of 3 Women by seyibrown(f): 6:45pm On Mar 02, 2013
There's definitely plenty of 'holes in our holiness'! smiley smiley Adeola is the right place to be! cool cool
Re: A Tale Of 3 Women by aletheia(m): 7:08pm On Mar 02, 2013
InesQor: ...
Longest time, bro. How are you doing?
Re: A Tale Of 3 Women by InesQor(m): 8:37pm On Mar 02, 2013
seyibrown: There's definitely plenty of 'holes in our holiness'! smiley smiley Adeola is the right place to be! cool cool
Yes o!!! When we think we can see all angles, there are always things that we do wrong or could have done better. Thank God for Christ in us, that's enough for God to overlook our intended and unintended misdeeds.

Though we shall not continue in sin that grace may abound Romans 6:1 because whoever is born of God does not continue to live in sin 1 John 3:9 at the expense of grace.

aletheia:
Longest time, bro. How are you doing?
Brother man! I'm doing alright o thanks! cheesy Been a while indeed. How body? cool
Re: A Tale Of 3 Women by Yvete(f): 9:32pm On Mar 02, 2013
Nice scenarios.
Don't you also think that Adeola is stylishly soothing God's heart when she says "Your love for me is real?" smiley

When I ask God for a favor repeatedly in prayer and I have not seen manifested responses, I tend to do the bintu a little. Not to challenge God, but remind him that I've been good. smiley "...seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you" (Matthew 6:33).
Re: A Tale Of 3 Women by saintvc(m): 10:05pm On Mar 02, 2013
The first woman is Goshen

the 2nd woman is frosbel

the third woman is logic boy
Re: A Tale Of 3 Women by DeepSight(m): 1:33am On Mar 03, 2013
InesQor: Adeola: "God I know I haven't been good, but I'm your child and I know your love for me is real. I'll try to do better but now I am in urgent need of your help..."
God: Loves what he is hearing. Smiles and listens to her request, that he'd already been waiting for her to mention. Assigns angels to her aid.

Bintu: "God you know I've been a good girl. And you know I've not done any wrong recently and I've kept my holiness. I know you're just so you'll give me what I deserve"
God: "Oh really? You'd like to keep scores based on the fact that I'm just? Yes indeed I am just. And I have an excellent score-keeper" Summons the score-keeper. Score-keeper excellently reveals holes in her hol-iness. End of discussion.

Chinelo:"I've messed up badly. Everybody knows I'm done for. I won't even bother asking God to help me lest he hand me to the devil in anger"
God: "Sigh. I need to wait for this one to make up her mind & come home. I can't force her hand"
Devil: (rubs hands gleefully, hopes she stays right where she is)

Why are you crafting heathen evil demonic belching from the pit of utter darkness at this unseemly hour of the night? ? ? ? angry angry angry cool
Re: A Tale Of 3 Women by InesQor(m): 7:08am On Mar 03, 2013
Deep Sight:

Why are you crafting heathen evil demonic belching from the pit of utter darkness at this unseemly hour of the night? ? ? ? angry angry angry cool
Oh is that so? I hope you can afford an explanation for this comment.
Re: A Tale Of 3 Women by InesQor(m): 5:49pm On Mar 05, 2013
@Deep Sight:

Oga Lawyer I'm still waiting for a response to the above accusation o.
Re: A Tale Of 3 Women by Image123(m): 1:27pm On Mar 07, 2013
chinelo is muske in real life.
Re: A Tale Of 3 Women by frank317: 2:10pm On Mar 07, 2013
Every day as christians, we quote "Gods ways are not our way", "as humans we cannot grasp the tiniest imajination of out God", "as the distance is from the heavens to earth, so is the difference between our thought and Gods,"
yet we commit the fallacy of thinking we know what God is thinking. We just attribute our way of thinking to him whenever we want to prove a point and understand we can't know what he is thinking when we want to play safe.

At poster don't u think u are insulting God by telling the world he thinks like u?
Re: A Tale Of 3 Women by InesQor(m): 2:13pm On Mar 07, 2013
frank3.16:
Every day as christians, we quote "Gods ways are not our way", "as humans we cannot grasp the tiniest imajination of out God", "as the distance is from the heavens to earth, so is the difference between our thought and Gods,"
yet we commit the fallacy of thinking we know what God is thinking. We just attribute our way of thinking to him whenever we want to prove a point and understand we can't know what he is thinking when we want to play safe.

At poster don't u think u are insulting God by telling the world he thinks like u?

No I don't think I'm insulting God. I only asked what everyone thinks of such scenarios.

Thanks for telling us what you think.
Re: A Tale Of 3 Women by frank317: 4:37pm On Mar 07, 2013
^^^
There is no sceniaro that u can paint here. The problem we have is that we constantly contradict our self. What u painted in ur post was how exactly a normal human ruler would think, yet u assume that that's how our great almaighty, the creator of the universe would think.

I find that offensive to my God, if u accept that ur God it the creator of the universe.

Pls stop attributing what u would think on a normal day to him. He didn't ask u to do that. Afterall we have seen situations where all three categories of pple u mentioned above recievd both blessing and sometime they all don't.

It shows u know nothing even though u claim u know. Stop blittling him with what u think.
Re: A Tale Of 3 Women by InesQor(m): 5:08pm On Mar 07, 2013
@Frank 3.16:

Yes sir. My regards to John 3.16
Re: A Tale Of 3 Women by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 14, 2013
saintvc: The first woman is Goshen

the 2nd woman is frosbel

the third woman is logic boy

Lmao
Re: A Tale Of 3 Women by InesQor(m): 11:41pm On Oct 03, 2013
So, does the OP ring a bell to you?

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Real Gospel / Understanding The Catholic Church,the Rosary And Its Connection With The Bible / Re: The Downfall Of Man; Adam Ate His Tithe, Says Kenneth Copeland. (lol)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.