Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,888 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Is It Legally Acceptable In Nigeria For A Single Guy To Adopt A Baby? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Legally Acceptable In Nigeria For A Single Guy To Adopt A Baby? (2365 Views)

What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? / Will You Adopt A Child With Your Spouse? / How Can I Adopt A Child In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Legally Acceptable In Nigeria For A Single Guy To Adopt A Baby? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 05, 2013
seyibrown:

I remember looking up the rules sometime ago. Pointers below:

As a single person, you must be at least 21 years older than the child you want to adopt; and you can't adopt a child of the opposite sex. You'll have to google to find the rest.
thanks smiley
Re: Is It Legally Acceptable In Nigeria For A Single Guy To Adopt A Baby? by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 06, 2013
DailyNews: WOW! So much info...thanks kulyie, sound really informative...jeez.

To answer your questions, he wants a boy, I wanted to mention it earlier but intentionally left it out for purposes u all ought to know though...

The guy is definitely financially capable, and he was also asking of how to hire a professional nanny (50yrs upwards according to him) to take care of the babies. He seem to want two, and he even confided in me that he saw one pretty boy he would have loved to adopt if it were possible, but the boy lives with his parents, 4yrs....

I understand your points, they are very valid, we cannot dispute those facts, and that I think was the reason he wanted to make it legal...you can see He isn't looking for any girl to molest, men that do that are often times very poor, wretched and can't afford to win or attract any woman, thats y most resort to molestation, so I don't think the guy in question would dare that when he has so so many ladies as option, just that his is marriage phobia as a result of experience, and he said he is afraid of divorce.
Re: Is It Legally Acceptable In Nigeria For A Single Guy To Adopt A Baby? by afrogirl7: 11:46am On Apr 21, 2013
The adoption law depends on the State he is living in. For example in Abuja you can only adopt if you are older than 26 and you must have at least 21 years age difference between you and the child. And a single parent can adopt but only from the same sex (so a man can only adopt a boy...).

1 Like

Re: Is It Legally Acceptable In Nigeria For A Single Guy To Adopt A Baby? by otokx(m): 3:03pm On Apr 21, 2013
Nothing we will not see in this land of naira.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Giant Aluminum Pot Popularly Called Koko Irin / My Friend Wants To Give Her Child Up For Adoption / Why Marry When You Know Your Libido Is Low????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.