Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,329 members, 7,780,853 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:42 AM

Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church - Religion (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (47997 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Tithes And Offerings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Joagbaje(m): 4:19am On Jun 03, 2016
Nkematics:

Now, let us assume that tithing is still necessary, CAN ANYONE TELL US WHERE MONEY IS MENTIONED AS A "TITHABLE" ITEM IN THE BIBLE? Deu 14:22 and Leviticus 27:30 clearly tells us that only the fruits of the land or agricultural products were accepted as tithes. Most of modern day preachers deceive us by saying that in the old testament days, people were not earning money and that was why God did not include money as something to tithe. No way! You would be wrong if you think so. When you read 2 Chronicles 24:11-14, 2 Kings 12:11, 2 Kings 22:4-6 and Ezra 3:7, you would see that there were Carpenters, Stone cutters, Masons, etc who were paid for their services in money. We should also accept that there were fisher men then and other forms of trade. So can someone answer this question: WHY DID GOD NOT TELL THOSE PEOPLE TO TITHE THE MONEY THEY EARNED?

Tithe is given from all income . They gave tithe in cash and kind.

Luke 18:12
I fast twice a week, and I give you a tenth of my entire income.

Secondly God addressed them mostly as a nation of farmers. to bring tithes a d offerings from their produce . however money was used as tithe and offerings in the bible. God only accepted what the priest could use in their service in the terbernacle. But things that can't be used were replaced with money. so there was money option. for example God didn't accept unclean animals such as dogs carmel, horses cat etc. he only accepted animals such as goat ,sheep ram,cow. but for the unclean animals money was given.

Lev 27:27
And if it be of an unclean beast, then he shall redeem it according to thine estimation, and shall add a fifth part of it thereto: or if it be not redeemed, then it shall be sold according to thy estimation.

My brethren, let us be careful to preach the gospel of salvation to all mankind as something obtainable in grace and not through the works of the law. Let us not put men in bondage by forcing them to live by the law just because we are more interested in enriching ourselves through their tithe. Apostle Paul was a tent maker (Acts 18: 3) even as he was preaching, because he did not want to put burden on believers to supply his needs ( 1 Thes 2:9). Anybody that says he is an Apostle, Pastor, etc should be wise to emulate their early church predecessors: Apostle Paul, etc.

pastors are not being enriched by tithes. except few general overseers most pastors have their jobs and businesses as professionals. pasteurising is only an act of service to God and voluntary sacrifice. A pastor is not a tithe collector but rather a tither. secondly the money of the church is not pastors money just as the bank money doesn't belong to the bank manager.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by brocab: 2:12am On Jun 04, 2016
I like this lie, pastors are not enriched in tithes.
Nearly every Church we enter into around the world-they first preach about the tithing system-prosperity Pastors are using this system for their own selfish richly gain.
Pastors have used this system the same as the Catholic's have pushed forward the purgatory Con, to gain more money, using the same systems for their financial gains.
The Pentecostal Churches these day's have turned after the cash, more than God Himself.
Satan watches each of you from the pulpit, knowing that none of you Church goer's are seeking after the truth, None test the spirits, nor do you test his word.

In this generation your bible's stay at home more then they are in Church, many of you would rather believe the pastor, before you believe in the word of God.
{1 Timothy 6:5-11} Men of corrupt minds destitute of the truth who suppose that godliness is used for financial gain.
Jesus said, from such withdraw yourselves.
Is their no-one left to even listen to the Lord?
Jesus had made a new covenant, we were never under that same law the Israelite's had, We don't come under the Levite priest, we live under the new covenant Jesus had made with His people.
We are Gentiles a new generation of Christians, Jesus didn't tithe, nor did His disciples tithe, so why are you?
God's tithing was never paid with cash, taxes were, tithes never.
Joagbaje:

Secondly God addressed them mostly as a nation of farmers. to bring tithes a d offerings from their produce . however money was used as tithe and offerings in the bible. God only accepted what the priest could use in their service in the terbernacle. But things that can't be used were replaced with money. so there was money option. for example God didn't accept unclean animals such as dogs carmel, horses cat etc. he only accepted animals such as goat ,sheep ram,cow. but for the unclean animals money was given.

And if it be of an unclean beast, then he shall redeem it according to thine estimation, and shall add a fifth part of it thereto: or if it be not redeemed, then it shall be sold according to thy estimation.

pastors are not being enriched by tithes. except few general overseers most pastors have their jobs and businesses as professionals. pasteurising is only an act of service to God and voluntary sacrifice. A pastor is not a tithe collector but rather a tither. secondly the money of the church is not pastors money just as the bank money doesn't belong to the bank manager.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by brocab: 12:19am On Sep 06, 2016
The bible says bring all your tithes into the store house, the bible didn't say bring all your tithes into the church.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by GAPeach2298: 3:47am On Oct 19, 2016
The tithe in the OT was not money, it was either their crops or livestock, and it was shared.

Also, read John 10. If pastors today call themselves a shepherd, then they'd be willing to die for their sheep. Only Jesus did that for me. On the contrary, the hired hand- the one who gets paid to watch the sheep-flees when danger arises.

The NT Church did not have a pastor. Everyone had a word, a revelation, a hymn, etc to share. The Church was a people, not a place, and they met in their homes and they shared all they had. There was no 501c3, and even Paul said he would not peddle the Word of God for profit. In the six years I went to this church, the pastor never once invited me over. He really didn't even know me. The Shepherd knows His sheep.

We have Americanzed the Church, and that's why our country has strayed so far from the Truth. We need to get back to the basics of helping others in need rather than funding a building or paying for a pastor to live in luxury.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by brocab: 11:58pm On Oct 19, 2016
If Pastors really thought about it, which they don't? One church leads into another, either Pentecost or Religious Etc..All Churches following each other, One Man controls the system-and if that man is corrupted then everything beside's the Churches are corrupted.
The problem is all Churches rely of the Government system, they run their Churches the same as the world runs their businesses, Churches don't pay the taxes. Only because every denomination had signed a peace treaty with the enemy, for personal gain.
{1 Timothy 6:3-5} Men of corrupt minds destitute of the truth who suppose the godliness is for great gain, Jesus said From such withdraw yourselves.
Countries receive other sorts of welfare Pensions, their retirement funds. Superannuation, and other means to survive, people have community's who in genial support the needy the poor and the hungry, WITHOUT THE SUPPORT OF ANY GOVERNMENT PRESIDENT-CHURCH; CHARITY'S ARE FROM PEOPLE WHO TRULY CARE.
The Government system controls the Churches, the Government had signed a peace treaty's to characterise the Church, for a price, everyone repays the price.
One Man in each country a Government, President system control's us all, through financing, schools, studies, bus services, and everything else that the Government system supplies!
No Church gives to the Poor, the needy, nor the hungry, why?
{Malachi 3:8-10} Because the Lord said bring all your tithes into the storehouse that their maybe food in My house. And the pastor's job isn't the storehouse keeper. And Churches are not storehouses, a storehouse, stores food.
Churches buy and sell like any other businesses do. Who controls the Money system, the same system that controls the world.

Who made the money system? That same system from Caesar's coin to the dollar then the credit cards, soon the mark of the beast, without it you can't buy or sell.
Hitler once said to control a country you must disarm it first, how many believers have disarmed themselves away from the Word Of God, for 30 others 60 and many 100 fold money back guarantee.
Don't forget this isn't about you, nor the poor, nor the needy, neither the hungry-the worldly system is about money. And who controls it "the beast? {Revelation 13}
This Sunday in Church , take your 'Tithes' and Offerings to Church.

When the service gets to the Malachi 3 session, look for anyone around you who has real needs, and give your tithes and offerings to them.

Better still ask the ushers or pastors to ask the following people to come forward :

- Mothers who do not know where the next meal for the family will come from
- Fathers who have lost their Jobs
- Widows who have no husbands
- Orphans who have no parents.
- Students who are barely eating talk less of paying school fees
- Those who wear rags or who have no shoes
- the homeless and destitute.

Do not give it to the ushers or take it to the front of the church , give it to these people, these are GOD's children who have real needs, yes, they are the ones who need your money, your spare clothes and shoes, extra cars etc.

I repeat, do not give a dime to your church or pastor and let us see how they will react !!!!
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by brocab: 4:53am On Oct 20, 2016
He ha ha, He said bring all you tithes into the storehouse, so My people will be fed. Which of course some will be poor, needy and hungry, those who can survive they wouldn't need to go to the storehouse for Charity.
A storehouse is where they store food, not in a Church. Churches today a businesses where they collect money, Just another place they buy and sell.

Uben you know the truth? What is so funny is the tithing lies, line up with the purgatory lies, its all about money?
Ubenedictus:
hahaha, once suggested this to a friend he replied, " d bible says 'bring ur tithes into the house of God..." it didnt say give it to the poor, offering 4 d poor is different and tithe is for the man of God". I smiled.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by brocab: 4:56am On Oct 20, 2016
Crap! Your money tithe is not for God.
God said bring your tithes and offering into the storehouse "so My people will be fed"-which again they could be poor the needy and the hungry, they are still God's people.
A storehouse is a place where they stored food, Temple's had storehouses, not Church buildings, the body of Christ is the Church.
And the pastor isn't the storehouse keeper.

And the tithe and the offerings were for God's people-not just one man.
Acidosis:
Crap!

God did not say you should give your TITHE (God's 1/10th demand) to the poor...

If you want to give to the poor, c'mon, you can even give your FULL salary after paying the tithe to the church..
You can get a big loan and give to the poor, NO ONE will stop you..

And only a f00l will practise that which you suggested...
You don't need to show the whole congregation what you want to give.... Invite them to your house, pack your belongings and money and properties for them smiley
BUT
Your tithe is for God! Try and change his order by trying to use your "professor wisdom" and you're doomed...
If God wanted us to do that, he'd have given us the commandment!

These things have been written before our greatgrandfathers were born and you can not change it with your JET age 21st century terrestial sense...
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by brocab: 4:59am On Oct 20, 2016
Nowhere.

But where in the bible did God command that the tithe was for Him alone?
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by brocab: 5:05am On Oct 20, 2016
Are you lying to us? Are you a pastor?
Joagbaje:

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Ubenedictus(m): 9:39am On Oct 20, 2016
brocab:
He ha ha, He said bring all you tithes into the storehouse, so My people will be fed. Which of course some will be poor, needy and hungry, those who can survive they wouldn't need to go to the storehouse for Charity.
A storehouse is where they store food, not in a Church. Churches today a businesses where they collect money, Just another place they buy and sell.

Uben you know the truth? What is so funny is the tithing lies, line up with the purgatory lies, its all about money?
Today nobody collects money from anybody on account of purgatory. hope u know this?
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by brocab: 1:57pm On Oct 20, 2016
Uben you should know better then lie against the truth. Nov 4 2011 Susan's Tassone's passion is to get people out of purgatory, since the Catholic Church accepts money. Susan raises two million to get souls out of purgatory. 2011/11/04-Catholic- author-raises-two million-...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3xRFNegcko
Uben listen to a Catholic Priest on this video and he will till you what purgatory is all about.
Ubenedictus:
Today nobody collects money from anybody on account of purgatory. hope u know this?
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Ubenedictus(m): 2:12pm On Oct 20, 2016
brocab:
Uben you should know better then lie against the truth Nov 4 2011 Susan's Tassone's passion is to get people out of purgatory, since the Catholic Church accepts money author raises two million to get souls out of purgatory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3xRFNegcko
I dont know any susan, she isnt a priest or a pope, If she made money by writting a book on doctrine then she deserves the money. she wrote and people bought, that has nothing to do with d church, i can write a book on d trinity and make money from it, there is nothing wrong with that.
The church didnt say u must listen or by susan book nor wil u find priest asking people to bring money for purgatory today. so i dont know hw u can claim dat the church is making money today by teaching purgatory.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by brocab: 2:27pm On Oct 20, 2016
I never said she wrote a book, it says she raised two million dollars to pay for the souls to get out of purgatory, but purgatory has got to do with your Church, listen to the priest video, this may help you understand what purgatory is, and how one breaks free, purgatory runs side by side with the tithing lie, it's all about money..
Ubenedictus:
I dont know any susan, she isnt a priest or a pope, If she made money by writting a book on doctrine then she deserves the money. she wrote and people bought, that has nothing to do with d church, i can write a book on d trinity and make money from it, there is nothing wrong with that.
The church didnt say u must listen or by susan book nor wil u find priest asking people to bring money for purgatory today. so i dont know hw u can claim dat the church is making money today by teaching purgatory.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Ubenedictus(m): 4:27pm On Oct 20, 2016
brocab:
I never said she wrote a book, it says she raised two million dollars to pay for the souls to get out of purgatory, but purgatory has got to do with your Church, listen to the priest video, this may help you understand what purgatory is, and how one breaks free, purgatory runs side by side with the tithing lie, it's all about money..
there is no tithing lie there, nobody is paying tithe to anyone, i just did a quick look up on susan tassone, nobody told her to bring money for priest, she one her own organised 2mil for 400,000 mass worldwide. that means given a priest $5 only as stipend to add ur intentions specifically at mass.

Nobody is making profit of megre $5. I'm pretty surprised dis is what u are happing about.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by brocab: 10:26pm On Oct 20, 2016
Susan gave 2 million that's a lot of money to try and take people out of Hell purgatory' it doesn't matter how long it had taken her to pay off the money, her aim was to pay souls out of Hell.
Susan was taught by the Catholic Church first hand, she could buy lost souls out of Hell?
Lets read what the bible says about this- {Luke 16:14-31} Not even the rich man could buy himself out of Hell, and the poor man stayed with Abraham, living His freedom.
Uben you don't really believe this do you? This sort of rubbish is to far fetched, read the scripture again about the rich man.
{A Rich Man in Hell Purgatory} and Susan is paying the Church large amounts of cash to get them out of Hell purgatory.
Listen money will never set a man free, money can be used for all kinds of evil-God made us to have choices and the choices we make through life is the choices we choose to go, People can't be brought from their own condemnation, life is living, there is no price, that could pay $$$ for that. But yet the Church teaches you can raise the dead, Susan paid 2 million to buy the dead souls out of Hell Purgatory.
Uben paying someone out of Purgatory is to far fetched-don't you agree?
But the problem is you didn't watch the video, and the other problem is, once someone is in Hell purgatory you stay there, it won't matter how much money you pay to any "Church to any priest pastor or preacher-Money won't buy your freedom".
Ubenedictus:
there is no tithing lie there, nobody is paying tithe to anyone, i just did a quick look up on susan tassone, nobody told her to bring money for priest, she one her own organised 2mil for 400,000 mass worldwide. that means given a priest $5 only as stipend to add ur intentions specifically at mass.

Nobody is making profit of megre $5. I'm pretty surprised dis is what u are happing about.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by brocab: 10:53pm On Oct 21, 2016
No I didn't say their was tithing there, but taken money from God's Children lying to them in anyway, runs side by side with the tithing and Purgatory lie.
The Jehovah Witnesses have a great one to boast about, they take control of everyone's bank accounts, and if one die's they own everything, the family members only get the bills to pay.
That poor woman believes she could buy people out of purgatory, There's so many denominations out there, who claim they believe and know Christ-that they feel they have rights to rip off God's Children, with crazy idea's, most denominations have twisted the truth about Christ for their own personal gain..Jesus said from such withdraw yourselves {1 Timothy 6}
Either it's Pentecost or from any other different denominations, every Church are hiding behind the Prosperity preachers name.
Claiming they are saved, but collecting millions running their Churches under the charity act, every contract signed in full belongs to the Governments of the land, Churches and other charity acts have signed the contract-not paying taxes-the government has full control over every Church, every Charity deed that runs across the nations, And who makes the profits the Government. You can't buy or sell without the system. Churches hires builders to build, and everything is brought for a price.
Church leaders are using God as a tool to rip off God's Church and the people in them.
Instead of the tithing lie, they use other methods to Gain large amounts of Money. Have you ever studied up on the Mormons, their Churches look like temples, with gold and silver and or precious stones.
Uben there are thousands of people, out of Church today, "Why" no-one wants to be ripped off-Jesus never preached about Money, He preach about the word of God-it's only His Word that sets us free, not money-Money can't and never will bring happiness into anybodies life.
All it does, it brings unhappiness, to much is never enough, and these so called preachers are always wanting more..

This is why we need to have the Spirit of God who gives us discernment to know the truth about the Word Of God, His love sets us free.
Not the love of Money.....
Ubenedictus:

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Ubenedictus(m): 7:32pm On Oct 22, 2016
Brocab, the problem i've gat with u is u alway repeat the same accusation even after u have been corrected, nobody can buy people out of purgatory, the catholic church doesnt believe in buying people out of purgatory either and nobody makes money out of purgatory, at least not today! susan tassone as i earlier wrote decided on her own to raise 2mil for 400,000 masses worldwide, u can't buy people from purgatory but if God will it one may pray people from it.

if i go to mass daily i may add them in prayers or in my private prayer, tassone's idea was to give a priest a $5 stipend to mention that particular intention specifically at his mass. nobody is making a fortune out of it. and just so u know a priest will put ur intention specifically in his mass even if u have no stipend but there is a lesson to giving a stipend.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by brocab: 1:21am On Oct 23, 2016
firstly you haven't corrected me in anyway-Matter of fact you had agreed more on Susan's story, that she is telling the truth-I had noticed you said no-one makes money out of Purgatory "At least not today?" Does this mean they were making money out of purgatory in the past?
I was Just reading about Susan's topic, after hearing it from you Does Susan's story still exist? If the Church no-longer believe in paying people out of purgatory, then why does the Church pray for the dead saints still? Has this verse got anything to do with it? {Luke 12:59}
I continualed to find other sources that would back up Her story. I found that Video which you refuse to watch.
My wife is a Catholic and she said she has never paid purgatory money in her Church, then I continualed to search before her time, a little deeper how the Catholic Church makes their millions. Like other denomination Churches on Earth

I found someone to talk about her experiences from the past, she shared with me, how hard it was living as a Catholic, She spoke about many topic's, the one I was interested in, was how does the Catholic Church collect millions without people even recognising, the Church is ripping of their own followers.
"She told me through their teachings" and she continualed her past-when she was a Child the Nuns would punish the Children, stand them up publicly in front of the classroom making a complete mockery out of them, beating them Spiritually and mentally in front of every Child, telling them it's a Sin and God will punish them, if they don't go to Church and put monies into the plate each week.
They were taught God would struct them dead, if they don't obey the Catholic Church.
Pretty heavy-she told me she hated God, he was so evil, she would fear God only in the way she was taught by the Catholic Church, no-one had a chance to live a normal life with his rules and laws, she believed God had given all His power to the Catholic Church. That she would fear God every time His name was mentioned-she feared God only because she was baptised under the banner of the Church and she grew up believing through the Catholic Churches teachings, God wasn't a lovable God, she felt he was evil.
Every Child felt the same, and every Child felt they were enslaved as Catholic's and forced to pay each week, that the Church would collect over time large amounts of cash from their followers.
{Of course you Uben wouldn't agree with a story such as this, because everyone knows your Church wouldn't do such a crime}
The bible talks about fear God but not fear Him the way the Catholic Church teaches to fear Him-God is about Love {Luke 12:5, Hebrews 10:31}
The Catholic Church taught how to fear God' in a completely different way that the Church would make up rules and laws that didn't have anything to do with the bible at all. Talk about a misunderstanding religion, or maybe they weren't misunderstood?
Many years later after her ordeal-the lord called her into His kingdom, and she made her choice to become a born again Christian, she knew it was Jesus calling her, she felt His love over her, she never felt nor recognised Jesus's love inside the Catholic Church, by her own choices and by her own faith she had in Jesus, she was baptised in the Name of the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit. She made a choice-even thru she was baptised as a baby and born into the Catholic Church-she made her own choices who to believe... Great ending Amen....
Susan of course may have been misunderstood, But even you believe her story" At least not today" she still believes she can buy souls out from purgatory, she retrieved that story from somewhere-I heard this same story from other Catholic's many years ago, so she isn't the only one that believes.
Ubenedictus:
Brocab, the problem i've gat with u is u alway repeat the same accusation even after u have been corrected, nobody can buy people out of purgatory, the catholic church doesnt believe in buying people out of purgatory either and nobody makes money out of purgatory, at least not today! susan tassone as i earlier wrote decided on her own to raise 2mil for 400,000 masses worldwide, u can't buy people from purgatory but if God will it one may pray people from it.

if i go to mass daily i may add them in prayers or in my private prayer, tassone's idea was to give a priest a $5 stipend to mention that particular intention specifically at his mass. nobody is making a fortune out of it. and just so u know a priest will put ur intention specifically in his mass even if u have no stipend but there is a lesson to giving a stipend.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Joagbaje(m): 12:56pm On Oct 28, 2016
brocab:
The bible says bring all your tithes into the store house, the bible didn't say bring all your tithes into the church.

Where is the store house
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Joagbaje(m): 12:58pm On Oct 28, 2016
brocab:
Are you lying to us? Are you a pastor?

Kindly explain the lie.
Money was used in the bible days as tithes and offerings
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by brocab: 12:15am On Oct 29, 2016
O please explain, when in the bible it clearly shows God said bring your tithes and offerings which are Crops and Stocks into the storehouse, so my people maybe fed. Show me where does it say the Church had taken on the responsibilities of that storehouse.
Show me where God Changed that storehouse into a money making business for Only One head pastor, preacher, priest to receive.
One pastor One Man or Woman THEMSELVES buys and sells shocks-shares-merchandise, Mega Homes, property's, Mega Church buildings, Cars, Harley's and RV's.
Show me, where in the bible it said all Jews tithed. Not even today "NONE" of the Jewish people tithe.
Show me, where we Gentiles followed the same law God had given to His own Jewish people. Show me where the Gentiles became Jews?

Do you read the bible, Or do you listen while others are reading it "for you?
I think this will explain the lies "Don't you think?
Joagbaje:

Kindly explain the lie.
Money was used in the bible days as tithes and offerings
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by brocab: 12:27am On Oct 29, 2016
You haven't quite yet "noticed? You won't find the Storehouse in the back of the Church building. If you do, the food didn't come from you, nor the others-it came through a Charity organisation-But what the churches do have is a Hugh bank account...
This obviously shows you haven't studied your bible enough to even understand any meanings what the tithes were used for.
It also shows, you haven't studied your bible enough to understand it-obviously you are more of a listener-than a reader.
It say's this-In the last day's many will be deceived..All over the world-this tithing lie has caused many problems within the body of Christ, deputes arguments, men of corrupt minds destitute of the truth, who suppose the godliness is the means of financial gain.
Jesus said from such withdraw yourselves.
Haven't you heard it is easier for a camel to go through an eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the King of God..

And God didn't take tithes from his beloved for His own greed "NO" He fed them with all His tithes..
Joagbaje:

Where is the store house
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by MarkMiwerds(m): 8:21am On Nov 17, 2016
Ubenedictus:
hahaha, once suggested this to a friend he replied, " d bible says 'bring ur tithes into the house of God..." it didnt say give it to the poor, offering 4 d poor is different and tithe is for the man of God". I smiled.

Actually, Malachi 3 says to take the tithes to the storehouse. The church is not the storehouse. The storehouse was a three-tiered structure attached to the Temple in Jerusalem. (see 1 Kings 6:6)

God's word never said to take tithes to a local church. It said to take them to the storehouse.

Concerning the poor, God's word says the tithe is to be given to them every three years. (see Deuteronomy 14:28-29)
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by MarkMiwerds(m): 8:25am On Nov 17, 2016
Acidosis:
Crap!

If you want to give to the poor, c'mon, you can even give your FULL salary after paying the tithe to the church..

You don't need to show the whole congregation what you want to give.... Invite them to your house, pack your belongings and money and properties for them smiley
BUT
Your tithe is for God! Try and change his order by trying to use your "professor wisdom" and you're doomed...

These things have been written before our greatgrandfathers were born and you can not change it with your JET age 21st century terrestial sense...
If God wanted us to tithe to the local church run by pastors, He would have given us the commandment! But, such a commandment is not found anywhere in God's word.

Further, there is no such commandment for a tithe of one's monetary income in God's word either.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by MarkMiwerds(m): 8:34am On Nov 17, 2016
alexleo:

I dont give tithe because church said, but because its in the bible. Also I have the spirit of God and he has NEVER told me that i should not give my tithe. I dont need any frosbel or whosoever to give me any crap about tithe and offering. This is why every child of God must continually seek the Holy Spirit to dwell in him because he will guide you into all truth. Away with frosbel and his cohorts and their NONSENSE teachings. I pity those they deceive.

I pity those who are deceived by the monetary tithe requirement lie.

When giving money to a religious organization, one can share any monetary amount one chooses; be it 1%,10%,or100%.

The problem is not in the individual choosing himself how much money he will give to his religious organization, as 2 Corinthians 9:7 clearly instructs each man to give “as he purposeth in his heart”.

The problem is when the giver is giving 10% of his money to the religious institution he attends because:

a) Leviticus 27:30 says, “The tithe is the Lord’s; it is holy to the Lord.”
b) Malachi 3:8-9 state that non tither’s are robbing God.
c) Malachi 3:8-9 says non tither’s are cursed.
d) Malachi 3:10 says to bring the tithe to the storeHouse
e) Jesus said in the Gospels that tithing is to be done.
f) The Preacher says that God requires us to tithe.

Why are the above examples problematic? In examples a – e, one is attempting to tithe because of what is written in the Law, yet:

1) they are not wanting to tithe what the LORD said His holy tithe was to consist of, i.e.; agricultural produce and livestock (Lev. 27:30-33)
2) they are not wanting to tithe where the LORD said His holy tithe was to be taken, i.e.; farming communities in the land of Canaan (Deut. 6:1-3; 12:1,10-11)
3) they are not wanting to tithe to whom the LORD said His holy tithe was to be given, i.e.; Levites, widows, orphans and foreigners (Num. 18:24-26; Deut. 14:28-29; Neh. 10:37-38)

In other words, they are attempting to justify tithing by looking to the Mosaic Law, yet offending in several points of that Law. The Apostle James said that to offend in one point of the Law, is to be guilty of all. (James 2:10) The Apostle Paul said that, “by the deeds of the flesh there shall no flesh be justified.” (Romans 3:20)

Why is example f above problematic? Aside from the obvious fact that the Preacher is lying when he says God requires us to tithe our money, it contradicts 2 Corinthians 9:7. It is another person dictating what you must give, instead of allowing you to choose what you will give.

When they believe the pastor's lie that God requires ten percent of their monetary income, they reject God's truth.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by mctowel01: 12:24pm On Nov 17, 2016
jjman2322:
One more thing, Nigerians don't believe in coincidence..

You study, pass, and then proclaim the only reason you passed is God..

Or you have a baby, and claim it was due to God's mercies..

Well, what about the 1000000 other babies born today that are healthy and their mother's don't even believe in God?

A nigerian travels a long distance, makes it there, then can't stop thanking God for journey mercies.. Well 100 million people also got where they are going today and they don't even believe in God..

Or those who believe they must give money to "GOD" via church so they can also receive money back, etc.. Well tell that to millions of rich Chinese people, or millions of rich Arabs, who don't even know what a church looks like.. cool

Anyway ill rest my case.. I think part of our problem is illiteracy, and i weep for my people.
Soo true man, Never knew your type exists..its crazy living amongst dumb people. No wonder we get useless leaders. Over spiritualizing everything is plain dumb.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by brocab: 11:09pm On Oct 17, 2017
I was listening to Jimmy Swaggart with his son last night, he preaches against prosperity pimps, and than turns around asking for $5000 from everyone to invest in books getting one free of charge 'his say, how we should connect to God, plus Jimmy Swaggart had written a study bible, selling each $1000.
It just shows how these Prosperity preachers work across the globe, the Televisions are flooded with idea's to gain a financial wage. Jesus said: get out of My Fathers house, this is a house of prayer. It doesn't matter how the truth sounds, there will always be someone out there that disobey's the Word of God and chooses to rip off millions. "And you that tithe, walk away, Jesus had told you to walk away.{1 Timothy 6:3-5}
Of cause no-one seems to mention the bible, there's no price given on that, if people read the bible more, instead of relying on other books, they will know there is only one way into the kingdom of God..
Prosperity pimps are everywhere, either they preach the tithing sermon or they are selling books C/D's DVD's-giving us false literature how we should understand, how they think how we should reach out to God without reading the bible.
Most of these books are written by pastors-who now believe Jesus is not the only way into Heaven, pastors that believe homosexual marriage is the right thing to vote for, pastors believe taking the mark of the beast is God's call.
One of the many books sold in Christian book stores around the globe is called The Wicca, by Gerald Gardener, this book holds pagan beliefs of witchcraft, and many have falling for it, the "Shack" by William P Young, is another best seller in stores across the globe, these men haven't the slightest idea who God is, but without a care Christian book stores are allowing these prosperity preachers sell these books that's leading thousands of believers away from the truth.
{2 Thessalonians 2:9-12} The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusions, that they should believe the lie, that they all maybe condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
Prosperity is knocking on our doors, Christians are more focus on pleasures of unrighteousness, then they are focused on their bibles that is safely hidden in the closet.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by brocab: 11:21pm On Oct 20, 2017
A cheerful giver doesn't mean it belongs to the pastor, when the pastor feels he needs to stand up every week from the pulpit asking for tithes, it proves "TITHES DOES NOT BELONG TO A PASTOR.. "TITHES BELONG TO THE POOR. These men are unstable, and it proves there's no trust between a pastor and his Church.
These days we understand the Church stands fern psychically, but mentally-its foundations are unreliable, untrusted unstable, men begging like animals, they beg, this must satisfy their souls, "Will I rob God.
Jesus said: we are to be a cheerful giver, and I am...the Lord blesses me, as I give, a percentage doesn't enter into my mind, meaning stop relying on your pastors to give as little as 10% for you.
{Luke 14:14} Jesus said: give to those who can't pay you back, "As proven Pastors collect tithes for their personal financial gain, most pastors are takers, not givers, spending tithes on their own pleasures "buying fancy Cars, Mega Churches and homes, living the life style of the rich and the famous, while in Africa the poor stays poor, living the tithing lie-in ruins waiting to die of hunger..
{Matthew 25:35-40} Jesus said: For I was hungry and you gave Me food, I was thirsty and you gave Me drink, I was a stranger and you took Me in, I was sick and you visited Me, I was in prison and you came to Me.
Then the righteous will answer Him saying, "Lord" when did we see You hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give You drink, when did we see You a stranger and take You in, and clothed You, or when did we see You sick, or in prison to come to You?
And the King will answer and say to them, "Assuredly" I say to you, inasmuch as you did it too one of the least, you did to Me.'
Naira say's I paid my tithes, and I am a stranger and no-one took me in, I paid my tithes, I am hungry and no-one gave me food, I paid my tithes, I am thirsty and no-one gave me drink, I paid my tithes, now I am sick and no-one visited me, I paid my tithes, I was in prison and no-one came to me, then my pastor said to me, be warm my son, God is with you, and sent me away empty handed.
'And the Church of Naira say's, Blessed are the poor, who didn't receive. "Amen.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by babeosisi: 3:08am On Oct 11, 2018
Acidosis:
Crap!

BUT

I hope you are wiser now
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by brocab: 7:13am On Oct 27, 2018
Question: "What does the Bible say about the prosperity gospel?"
Answer: In the prosperity gospel, also known as the “Word of Faith Movement,” the believer is told to use God, whereas the truth of biblical Christianity is just the opposite—God uses the believer.
Prosperity theology sees the Holy Spirit as a power to be put to use for whatever the believer wills.
The Bible teaches that the Holy Spirit is a Person who enables the believer to do God's will. The prosperity gospel movement closely resembles some of the destructive greed sects that infiltrated the early church.
Paul and the other apostles were not accommodating to or conciliatory with the false teachers who propagated such heresy. They identified them as dangerous false teachers and urged Christians to avoid them.
Paul warned Timothy about such men in {1 Timothy 6:5, 9-11} These men of “corrupt mind” supposed godliness was a means of gain and their desire for riches was a trap that brought them “into ruin and destruction” {v. 9}
The pursuit of wealth is a dangerous path for Christians and one which God warns about: “For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil.
Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs” {v. 10}
If riches were a reasonable goal for the godly, Jesus would have pursued it. But He did not, preferring instead to have no place to lay His head {Matthew 8:20} and teaching His disciples to do the same. It should also be remembered that the only disciple concerned with wealth was Judas.
Paul said covetousness is idolatry {Ephesians 5:5} and instructed the Ephesians to avoid anyone who brought a message of immorality or covetousness {Ephesians 5:6-7}
Prosperity teaching prohibits God from working on His own, meaning that God is not Lord of all because He cannot work until we release Him to do so. Faith, according to the Word of Faith doctrine, is not submissive trust in God; faith is a formula by which we manipulate the spiritual laws that prosperity teachers believe govern the universe.
As the name “Word of Faith” implies, this movement teaches that faith is a matter of what we say more than whom we trust or what truths we embrace and affirm in our hearts.
A favorite term of prosperity gospel teachers is “positive confession.” This refers to the teaching that words themselves have creative power. What you say, prosperity teachers claim, determines everything that happens to you. Your confessions, especially the favors you demand of God, must all be stated positively and without wavering.
Then God is required to answer {as though man could require anything of God!} Thus, God's ability to bless us supposedly hangs on our faith.
{James 4:13-16} clearly contradicts this teaching: “Now listen, you who say, ‘Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.’ Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life?
You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.” Far from speaking things into existence in the future, we do not even know what tomorrow will bring or even whether we will be alive.
Instead of stressing the importance of wealth, the Bible warns against pursuing it. Believers, especially leaders in the church {1 Timothy 3:3} are to be free from the love of money {Hebrews 13:5}
The love of money leads to all kinds of evil {1 Timothy 6:10}
Jesus warned, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions” {Luke 12:15}
In sharp contrast to the prosperity gospel emphasis on gaining money and possessions in this life, Jesus said, “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal” {Matthew 6:19}
The irreconcilable contradictions between prosperity teaching and the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ is best summed up in the words of Jesus in {Matthew 6:24} “You cannot serve both God and money.”
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by qunleajayi(m): 4:51am On Sep 26, 2021
Degis:

You are indeed part of the few that Tithe paying will never work for because you are not convinced in what you are doing. When did Tithing become compulsion or a matter of duress?. Just like do not fornicate or commit adultery if you want to make heaven, so is tithing if you want to be prosperous. If Witches and Wizards pay Tithes in their Coven, and we know that what the devil has are imitations of God's covenant practices, why do supposedly Christian have problems with Tithing?.

Frisbee, Pastor Kun, Goshen 360 are false teachers, who are opposers of the truth. Desist from them and their teachings!

Let me just add something here
1) It is untrue that any part of the law and old testament have been cancelled. For if they were, then prophecy itself is cancelled and the new testament cannot stand. Jesus expressly stated that
And don't make the mistake of thinking I came to CANCEL the law.i didn't come to CANCEL it but to FULFIL it (matt 5:17) and Jesus concludes

Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. (Matt 5:19)

2) So there are parts of the law that are fulfiled, we no longer need to observe them because CHRIST has permanently observed them for us. These include killing of animals and blood atonements. These include jewish traditions and restrictions which the Holy Spirit has taken care of by wisdom (Acts 15)

3) Why does Eph 6:2 quote Ex 20:12 "Honor thy father and mother" if the law is cancelled. Why can't you murder someone or commit adultery and expect to go to heaven? Why do the fruits of the Spirit in Galatians line up with the old testament laws. Indeed Apostle Paul severally quotes the old testament so much and uses it to prove even christian justification. So much for cancelling the law.

4) Christians are not freed of holding up or funding the gospel, their church or their pastors by the death of Jesus on the cross and resurrection. That would be a ridiculous intepretation of the scriptures.

The churches under Paul taxed every member according to their incomes and made them pay it every week. (1 cor 16:2)

In Acts 5, a hundred percent of income was even requested at some point to push the gospel.

Except your righteousness exceed that of the pharisee, you shall in no wise enter God's kingdom.
Hence, fulfilling the law means exceeding it

5) When the word for prayers and turn around situations are found in old testament, many of us quickly apply them. We do not cancel Deuteronomy, Exodus, Isaiah, Psalms, Jeremiah, Habakkuk then. But we can cancel Malachi when it's time to give.

I come in peace.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by brocab: 11:56pm On Nov 23, 2022
The truth about tithing, it was never made to be giving to any leadership in the church, Pastors etc,,,these days, the churches are not the storehouses, other then Malachi 3, there are no other scriptures that has any claim we are blessed though tithing.
Matter of fact if the tithing was correctly given to the widows, the fatherless, the stranger's, as it is written, all under law, then nothing would have been changed.
But as we read the scriptures, there was a change-Aaron and the Levite Priesthood turned there backs on God-they were stealing the tithes robbing God-just as Malachi explains it to us, actually the Priesthood turned to worship other gods, the Sun god was one of them-"Ezekiel 8".
This gives us a good example, refusing to read the Word of God, how easy it is, to be led astray far from all bible truth..

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

The New STD That Pastor Adeboye Promised Us For 2016 / Fight Inside Olivet Baptist Church In US While Pastor Was Preaching (Video) / What Is The Connection Between Jesus And Zeus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.