Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,296 members, 7,780,696 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:51 PM

Is Your System Too Slow? Here's The Help You Need - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Is Your System Too Slow? Here's The Help You Need (25970 Views)

Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. / Pc Games Running Too Slow On My 2gig Laptop! / My Canon Lbp 2900 Printer Too Slow On Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Your System Too Slow? Here's The Help You Need by omicron(m): 5:12pm On Jun 10, 2013
Thank you! smiley
Re: Is Your System Too Slow? Here's The Help You Need by seunlayi(m): 5:19pm On Jun 10, 2013
good post
Re: Is Your System Too Slow? Here's The Help You Need by zubbainno123: 5:47pm On Jun 10, 2013
PLZ HOW DO I FORMAT MY LAPTOP?
Re: Is Your System Too Slow? Here's The Help You Need by alaoeri: 5:51pm On Jun 10, 2013
yuzedo: op bro, wot if is mojo dat is slowin down d PC? undecided like maybe i have 499GB of mojo on 500GB PC?? undecided plis advise tongue
Your case na sorry.

1 Like

Re: Is Your System Too Slow? Here's The Help You Need by crackhaus: 6:04pm On Jun 10, 2013
Thanks poster, i really needed this piece
Re: Is Your System Too Slow? Here's The Help You Need by cherrycupcake: 6:47pm On Jun 10, 2013
Very helpful indeed! Thanks mate!
Re: Is Your System Too Slow? Here's The Help You Need by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 10, 2013
Slaak: Thanks 4 d info.
I've bin tryin 2 instal MSE 4 smtym now bt d response i kip gettin is dat ma version of windows isnt genuine. I formatted ma system smtym ago and av since bin battlin wit d windows issue. Any urgent help pls cos ma system currently has no antivirus

MSE only installs on genuine windows versions..

1. Get a genuine windows version

2. Get a free anti-virus program, www.avast.com, www.avg.com

3. I won't tell you how to crack it so don't ask, although it is possible to make your windows genuine.. so as to allow MSE to install.
Re: Is Your System Too Slow? Here's The Help You Need by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jun 10, 2013
Kingsleyinfo:

MSE only installs on genuine windows versions..

1. Get a genuine windows version

2. Get a free anti-virus program, www.avast.com, www.avg.com

3. I won't tell you how to crack it so don't ask, although it is possible to make your windows genuine.. so as to allow MSE to install.

In dah case, dis wud b d beginnin of a crack research. All d same, thanks
Re: Is Your System Too Slow? Here's The Help You Need by OkochiZico(m): 8:23pm On Jun 10, 2013
Interesting thread I must confess.
Re: Is Your System Too Slow? Here's The Help You Need by oshimilet: 8:28pm On Jun 10, 2013
Thanks and keep it up. Pls how can I login to yahoo mail have been unable to login in 4 d pass 3months through desktop and mobile.am sure of my user name and password,security question and answer but always so me to login later or use alternate login pls help me out
Re: Is Your System Too Slow? Here's The Help You Need by Drdreluv: 9:04pm On Jun 10, 2013
LOG IN INTO UR FB THEN WHEN U LOAD DE YAHOO PAGE JUST CLICK DE FACEBOOK ICON THERE IT WILL LOG IN WITH UR FB
oshimilet: Thanks and keep it up. Pls how can I login to yahoo mail have been unable to login in 4 d pass 3months through desktop and mobile.am sure of my user name and password,security question and answer but always so me to login later or use alternate login pls help me out
Re: Is Your System Too Slow? Here's The Help You Need by lilbakar(m): 9:09pm On Jun 10, 2013
he who want to be free from all system errors,malwares,virus etc,should google "advanced system care" download and see miracles happening to ur system, i dont have any other anti virus apart from this,av been using it for over 4 yrs,and it never fails
Re: Is Your System Too Slow? Here's The Help You Need by onegig(m): 9:20pm On Jun 10, 2013
Slaak: Thanks 4 d info.
I've bin tryin 2 instal MSE 4 smtym now bt d response i kip gettin is dat ma version of windows isnt genuine. I formatted ma system smtym ago and av since bin battlin wit d windows issue. Any urgent help pls cos ma system currently has no antivirus
did your system come factory installed with windows 7? If yes check underneat the laptop. I.e the back and look for a windows oem license at the back. Its a 25 digit alphanumeric characters. Copy it out and click on get geniune now any time it pops up to warn you its fake. Insert the numbers, make sure you are connected to the internet. It will validate you as geniune . I just hopw you have the same version of windows 7 as the one that came pre installed. If however the answers is...just find a way to get genuine key because you cannot install mse without a geniune windows installed.

For thosw using windows xp. You need to first upgrade your system to sp3 before you can install.
Re: Is Your System Too Slow? Here's The Help You Need by ollybosieb: 9:26pm On Jun 10, 2013
Great suggestion, it's really helpful. Thanks a lot.
Re: Is Your System Too Slow? Here's The Help You Need by yinchar(m): 9:26pm On Jun 10, 2013
Once upon a time I used to go through all this Windows PC problem...thanks for my new MAC since last year, have less things to worry about, no need for anti-virus, no defragmenting my hard drive, now have less things to worry about....all thanks to Apple
Re: Is Your System Too Slow? Here's The Help You Need by onegig(m): 9:36pm On Jun 10, 2013
zubbainno123: PLZ HOW DO I FORMAT MY LAPTOP?
first you need the installation disk of the operating system you want to install.. Is it windows 7 or 8 or xp? Get the cd first then i will give you a detailed list of things you should do.
Re: Is Your System Too Slow? Here's The Help You Need by jerrykings1(m): 9:59pm On Jun 10, 2013
onegig: did your system come factory installed with windows 7? If yes check underneat the laptop. I.e the back and look for a windows oem license at the back. Its a 25 digit alphanumeric characters. Copy it out and click on get geniune now any time it pops up to warn you its fake. Insert the numbers, make sure you are connected to the internet. It will validate you as geniune . I just hopw you have the same version of windows 7 as the one that came pre installed. If however the answers is...just find a way to get genuine key because you cannot install mse without a geniune windows installed.

For thosw using windows xp. You need to first upgrade your system to sp3 before you can install.
How do I install it on windows 8??
Re: Is Your System Too Slow? Here's The Help You Need by onegig(m): 10:10pm On Jun 10, 2013
jerrykings1: How do I install it on windows 8??
its pre installed on windows 8 with windows defender...so all you need do is update.
Re: Is Your System Too Slow? Here's The Help You Need by lecturerdabo(m): 10:22pm On Jun 10, 2013
I want to remember this!
Re: Is Your System Too Slow? Here's The Help You Need by Revolva(m): 10:33pm On Jun 10, 2013
well.i tried all these and my laptopis still slow..damm grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Your System Too Slow? Here's The Help You Need by onegig(m): 10:40pm On Jun 10, 2013
Revolva: well.i tried all these and my laptopis still slow..damm grin grin grin grin
well then your system is a relic from the 1990s i guess with 32mb ram. Bro...find the next garbage bin pls.Lol
Re: Is Your System Too Slow? Here's The Help You Need by ROYALD(m): 10:45pm On Jun 10, 2013
nice
Re: Is Your System Too Slow? Here's The Help You Need by onegig(m): 10:56pm On Jun 10, 2013
didnt explain how to remove those unneeded startup items. But here's it.

Press the windows key + r on your keyboard. I.e. Press the windows key and r at the same time. When the run page pops up by the bottom left corner. Type in msconfig and press enter key. Once the msconfig page comes up click the STARTUP tab and uncheck all unfamiliar things listed except items such as antivirus, wireless , bluetooth and graphics driver(igfx) all others should be uncheked. Click apply when done. Restart your system and you should notice the difference.
Re: Is Your System Too Slow? Here's The Help You Need by majalisa(m): 11:23pm On Jun 10, 2013
ControG: thanks awfully..it was indeed helpful
very very helpful..i hated my system till now
Re: Is Your System Too Slow? Here's The Help You Need by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jun 10, 2013
clerkent: if i remove my themes,mouse pointer,ashawo dancer then my lapi no go sweet me again nah.
Eh leave am na make e de dull
Re: Is Your System Too Slow? Here's The Help You Need by majalisa(m): 11:28pm On Jun 10, 2013
onegig: well then your system is a relic from the 1990s i guess with 32mb ram. Bro...find the next garbage bin pls.Lol
32mb na Nokia 3310?
Re: Is Your System Too Slow? Here's The Help You Need by denzel2009: 11:41pm On Jun 10, 2013
onegig: well then your system is a relic from the 1990s i guess with 32mb ram. Bro...find the next garbage bin pls.Lol

Lol bad guy.
Re: Is Your System Too Slow? Here's The Help You Need by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jun 10, 2013
Please i need a software dat wl help me hide my document7/files. D name and d site wia it can be downloaded free. I av a laptop bt due to project stuff in my skul my friends do colect my system, ofcuz i can't say NO to my class guys and my friends requests concerning their projects bt d prblm z dat instead of dem goin straight to business they go abt watchin my write-ups, nude pixz, and oda official applications and certificates. That'z by d way, i rly nid ur helps.
Re: Is Your System Too Slow? Here's The Help You Need by Nobody: 12:09am On Jun 11, 2013
pls ma format factory has stopped working and wen tryin to re-install, i got dis response. kindly help

Re: Is Your System Too Slow? Here's The Help You Need by K114: 9:08am On Jun 11, 2013
*Towards the end of ur post* That means we shld practically switch of d whole pc...lool. Informative sha
Re: Is Your System Too Slow? Here's The Help You Need by Barthx(m): 10:02am On Jun 11, 2013
Vig-86:
Please i need a software dat wl help me hide my document7/files. D name and d site wia it can be downloaded free. I av a laptop bt due to project stuff in my skul my friends do colect my system, ofcuz i can't say NO to my class guys and my friends requests concerning their projects bt d prblm z dat instead of dem goin straight to business they go abt watchin my write-ups, nude pixz, and oda official applications and certificates. That'z by d way, i rly nid ur helps.
I would suggest you create a guest account and password your main account. This would prevent unwanted access to all your files.
Anybody that needs your system can simply login as a guest, do whatever they need and logout without tampering with your other files, they only have access to what is in your guest account.
Note: you can always switch inbetween accounts whenever you like.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

HP Elitebook 840 G2 with 1gb graphics card / Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions / Dell Inspiron 600m Ethernet Controller/lan Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.