Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,593 members, 7,801,697 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

The Etiquettes Of Marriage And Wedding - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Etiquettes Of Marriage And Wedding (2956 Views)

Etiquettes Of Friday For Muslims / Etiquettes Of Eid-El-Fitr / Etiquettes Of Drinking in Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Etiquettes Of Marriage And Wedding by Nobody: 2:47am On Mar 04, 2013
centje: I have little knowledge of islam. So i didn't undertand some parts of the article. But i have two friends here,on nairaland, who practice it,maybe i will learn from them.

My question is wont these rituals around sex make it too cumbersome?

No. lipsrsealed
Re: The Etiquettes Of Marriage And Wedding by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 04, 2013
[quote author=centje]I have little knowledge of islam. So i didn't undertand some parts of the article. But i have two friends here,on nairaland, who practice it,maybe i will learn from them.

My question is wont these rituals around sex make it too cumbersome?[/quote

The post is about marriage not just sex and i think it's not cumbersome. smiley
Re: The Etiquettes Of Marriage And Wedding by snubish: 10:33pm On Mar 04, 2013
centje: I have little knowledge of islam. So i didn't undertand some parts of the article. But i have two friends here,on nairaland, who practice it,maybe i will learn from them.

My question is wont these rituals around sex make it too cumbersome?

prescribed rituals in situations like these are followed to the best of one's ability. not compulsorily to the letter.
Re: The Etiquettes Of Marriage And Wedding by snubish: 10:37pm On Mar 04, 2013
@op, very graphic post, the instructions are clear though.
"good thing that shyness does not prevent nairalanders from learning and teaching their religion" grin
Re: The Etiquettes Of Marriage And Wedding by Nobody: 4:25pm On Mar 05, 2013
snubish: @op, very graphic post, the instructions are clear though.
"good thing that shyness does not prevent nairalanders from learning and teaching their religion" grin

Thank you. I am also very shy but getting married in a few days time. So i browsed about wedding, found this very rich material and decided to share it.
Re: The Etiquettes Of Marriage And Wedding by snubish: 12:47am On Mar 09, 2013
Rukemi291:

Thank you. I am also very shy but getting married in a few days time. So i browsed about wedding, found this very rich material and decided to share it.
hey ya, may Allah bless your union, and give you the best muslim children.

1 Like

Re: The Etiquettes Of Marriage And Wedding by Atom4cool: 5:06pm On Mar 28, 2013
Maa Sha Allah.. Jazaakumllahu Ahira.
Really impressed though I'm a well trained Muslim from very religious background I have never had the opportunity to read a text fully lie diz due to d fact dat I didn't leave with my parents.
I enjoy reading do text may Almighty Allah reward every each one of us with Janah (Amin).
Please kindly help single guy like me with Text on choosing a right partner according to the Prophet & Allah subanallahi watahala so that we will not select a wrong partner.
I wish to get Married soonest but still single now.
Re: The Etiquettes Of Marriage And Wedding by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 28, 2013
smiley ^ Wayakum. Thank u so much Mr. i think the male muslims should help us with this oo.

1 Like

Re: The Etiquettes Of Marriage And Wedding by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 31, 2013
Rukemi291: 4. What to say at the time of making Love. When a Muslim man is about to enter his wife, he should always say first: Bismillahi, Allâhumma jannibnâ ash-shaitân, wa
jannib ash-shaitân mâ razaqtanna [In the name of Allâh, O Allâh, keep us away from the devil, and keep the devil away from that which You may grant us (ie. offspring).] About this, the Prophet said:
"After that, if Allâh decrees that they will have a child, the devil will never be able to harm that child". [al-Bukharî]
am really suprised reading this,so you mean a couple cannot do ouch,hush,am cuuming,etc when making love cheesy
Re: The Etiquettes Of Marriage And Wedding by Nobody: 8:34pm On Mar 31, 2013
Rukemi291: 5. How he should come to her. It is allowed for a Muslim man to enter his wife in
her va.gina from any direction he wishes - from behind or from the front. About this Allâh revealed the following verse: "Your wives are a tilth unto you; so approach
your tilth when or how ye will" [al-Baqarah
2:223]. On the authority of Jâbir who said: "The Jews used to say that if a man entered his wife in the va.gina but from behind, their child would be cross-eyed! Then Allâh revealed the verse: "Your wives are as a tilth unto you; so approach your tilth
when or how ye will;" [al-Baqarah 2:223]. The Prophet said : "From the front or the back, as long as it is in the vagi.na". [Al-Bukharî and Muslim]
ehen so you mean feengarin,blow j* etc is allowed for muslims to,i thought it is something unheard of among muslim folks cheesy
Re: The Etiquettes Of Marriage And Wedding by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 31, 2013
Rukemi291: 7. Making Wudhû’ between 2 acts with one's wife. When a Muslim man has had sexual intercourse
with his wife in the legal manner and then wishes
to return another time, he should first perform
wudhû’, based on the statement of the Prophet : "When one of you comes to his wife and then
wishes to return another time, let him perform
wudhû’ between the 2 times (In another version,
the same wudhû’ which he performs for prayer) for
verily, it will invigorate his return."[Muslim, Ibn Abi
Shaibah and others].
please what is wudhu,2. Whatever it means is it not something you can forget or choose to ignore when agro catches you.why is all this prorocals too much na when you want to make love to your own wife you married,when its not as if you want to see your oga that you will have to fulfill so many requirements,kiloletoyen? cheesy
Re: The Etiquettes Of Marriage And Wedding by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 31, 2013
Rukemi291: 9. The Bathing of Husband and Wife together. It is permissible for the husband and wife to bath together in the same place even though he sees her private parts, and she sees his. This is established by a number of authentic hadîth , among them: 1.. On the authority of 'ﺁ'ishah (radiAllâhu anha)
who said: "I used to bathe with the Prophet from a single container of water which was placed between us such that our hands collided inside it. He used to race me such that I would say: `Leave some for me, leave some for me!' She added: `We were in a state
of Janaba (i.e. the state of having slept together).'"[Al-Bukharî and Muslim]. 2.. On the authority of Mu'âwiya ibn Haida, who
said: "I said: `O Messenger of Allâh, which of our unclothedness is allowed, and of which must we beware?' The Prophet answered, "Guard your unclothedness except from your wife or those whom your right hand possesses." (So it is permissible for both spouses to look at and touch the body of his or her companion even the private parts). He said:
`O Messenger of Allâh, what about if the relatives live together with each other?' The Prophet answered : "If you can make sure that no one ever sees your unclothedness, then do so." He said: `O
Messenger of Allâh, what about when one is alone?' The Prophet said: "Allâh is more deserving of your modesty than are the people"."[Ahmad, Abu Dawûd, at-Tirmidhî and others: Sahîh].
ehen but on the day a woman is supposed to deliver her baby in the hospital,she will have to spread her legd open for the baby to come out,in many instances the doctors will deep his hand into her v.agina,so in a case where the doctor is a man nko? Has he not seen her v.agina already?
Re: The Etiquettes Of Marriage And Wedding by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 31, 2013
Rukemi291: Source:
www.islaam.net/main/display.php?part=full&category=116&id=891

I am sure there are some reservations about some of the points. Please, let's discuss them. Jazakumullahu khairan.
very educative but my reservations are that does it mean when you are having issues regarding your s3x life as a muslim and you have talked to your partner about it and there is no change,you cant discuss it with like maybe your mom,elder sister or something.2.to digress a little how do muslims try and make a rape victim recover from the trauma of rape she has gone through and three how do you punish a rapist in islam,thanks
Re: The Etiquettes Of Marriage And Wedding by Atom4cool: 9:13pm On Mar 31, 2013
Dat z a challenges to yu brothers can any brother help us on d said topic ?
Re: The Etiquettes Of Marriage And Wedding by Nobody: 12:09am On Apr 01, 2013
kulyie: am really suprised reading this,so you mean a couple cannot do ouch,hush,am cuuming,etc when making love cheesy

ahahhahahaha. So so funny. Why not? I don't even know what to say sef cos i am still laughing.

1 Like

Re: The Etiquettes Of Marriage And Wedding by Nobody: 12:22am On Apr 01, 2013
kulyie: very educative but my reservations are that does it mean when you are having issues regarding your s3x life as a muslim and you have talked to your partner about it and there is no change,you cant discuss it with like maybe your mom,elder sister or something.2.to digress a little how do muslims try and make a rape victim recover from the trauma of rape she has gone through and three how do you punish a rapist in islam,thanks

In my own opinion, if it will lead to a better sex life, why not?

I will get back to you on the rape issues in the morning.

Pls, whoever is knowledgable enough should help.
Re: The Etiquettes Of Marriage And Wedding by Nobody: 12:23am On Apr 01, 2013
kulyie: very educative but my reservations are that does it mean when you are having issues regarding your s3x life as a muslim and you have talked to your partner about it and there is no change,you cant discuss it with like maybe your mom,elder sister or something.2.to digress a little how do muslims try and make a rape victim recover from the trauma of rape she has gone through and three how do you punish a rapist in islam,thanks
Re: The Etiquettes Of Marriage And Wedding by maclatunji: 7:15am On Apr 01, 2013
@Kulyie, you have a lot of questions about Islam and I believe it is motivated by a genuine desire to learn. I would suggest that you type your questions on this website and search http://www.searching-islam.com and learn at your leisure.

This does not mean you should not ask questions here or that people should stop answering you. I am just giving you this tool to enhance your study.

1 Like

Re: The Etiquettes Of Marriage And Wedding by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 01, 2013
maclatunji: @Kulyie, you have a lot of questions about Islam and I believe it is motivated by a genuine desire to learn. I would suggest that you type your questions on this website and search http://www.searching-islam.com and learn at your leisure.

This does not mean you should not ask questions here or that people should stop answering you. I am just giving you this tool to enhance your study.
ok,thanks tunji but you seem to have a lot of knowledge to the websites of many islamic issues.are you an islamic cleric,youth leader or kewu teacher (people that teach kids arabic in islamic school,i dont know what you people call them) just curious thats all
Re: The Etiquettes Of Marriage And Wedding by maclatunji: 10:08pm On Apr 01, 2013
kulyie: ok,thanks tunji but you seem to have a lot of knowledge to the websites of many islamic issues.are you an islamic cleric,youth leader or kewu teacher (people that teach kids arabic in islamic school,i dont know what you people call them) just curious thats all

I am just an average Muslim that went to Ile Kewu (Quranic School) and did IRK in secondary school. I don't really teach kids, more like adults in my spare time the little I know. I know very little and always seek to learn more. Youth leader? Hmmmm... I am a kind of leader.

How I became that, I am not sure yet. I just find myself doing certain things in certain positions.

Besides, I am blessed with great skill when it comes to searching for things online so that one doesn't make me an 'Islamic expert'.

That's about it.
Re: The Etiquettes Of Marriage And Wedding by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 02, 2013
maclatunji:

I am just an average Muslim that went to Ile Kewu (Quranic School) and did IRK in secondary school. I don't really teach kids, more like adults in my spare time the little I know. I know very little and always seek to learn more. Youth leader? Hmmmm... I am a kind of leader.

How I became that, I am not sure yet. I just find myself doing certain things in certain positions.

Besides, I am blessed with great skill when it comes to searching for things online so that one doesn't make me an 'Islamic expert'.

That's about it.
ok,now i understand.but you have great knowledge about islam,not little because there is no question i ask you as per islamic issues,that you dont have the appropriate websites for.you know you can make a living out of your knowledge of islam e.g being an islamic pre marriage or marriage counsellor,a secondary school teacher of islam or a graduate assistant lecturer in islamic studies in the university instead of wasting your knowledge,convert it to money.its just my own thinking though,thats just what i feel
Re: The Etiquettes Of Marriage And Wedding by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 02, 2013
maclatunji:

That's about it.
ok,now i understand.but you have great knowledge about islam,not little because there is no question i ask you as per islamic issues,that you dont have the appropriate websites for.you know you can make a living out of your knowledge of islam e.g being an islamic pre marriage or marriage counsellor,a secondary school teacher of islam or a graduate assistant lecturer in islamic studies in the university instead of wasting your knowledge,convert it to money.its just my own thinking though,thats just what i feel
Re: The Etiquettes Of Marriage And Wedding by maclatunji: 4:41pm On Apr 02, 2013
kulyie: ok,now i understand.but you have great knowledge about islam,not little because there is no question i ask you as per islamic issues,that you dont have the appropriate websites for.you know you can make a living out of your knowledge of islam e.g being an islamic pre marriage or marriage counsellor,a secondary school teacher of islam or a graduate assistant lecturer in islamic studies in the university instead of wasting your knowledge,convert it to money.its just my own thinking though,thats just what i feel

LMFSO! #Money. God provides from the sources he has approved for me. I hustle a lot so I appreciate your business sense. These little things I do are my own ways of giving back to the community and society whilst serving God as best I can. If I am insightful, I will thank God for his mercies and not complain at all.

#Alhamdulillah
Re: The Etiquettes Of Marriage And Wedding by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 04, 2013
maclatunji:

LMFSO! #Money. God provides from the sources he has approved for me. I hustle a lot so I appreciate your business sense. These little things I do are my own ways of giving back to the community and society whilst serving God as best I can. If I am insightful, I will thank God for his mercies and not complain at all.

#Alhamdulillah
lol,o...k. cheesy
Re: The Etiquettes Of Marriage And Wedding by spyroxy1(m): 9:28pm On Jul 18, 2013
this sister is vast...jazakhallah khairan
Re: The Etiquettes Of Marriage And Wedding by tpia5: 11:07pm On Jul 18, 2013
Sex ed, i suppose.
Re: The Etiquettes Of Marriage And Wedding by Nobody: 6:04am On Jul 12, 2014
Wow. it's over a yeat
Re: The Etiquettes Of Marriage And Wedding by SugaryBelle(f): 7:59am On Jul 12, 2014
Rukemi291: Wow. it's over a yeat
Welcome back.So how was it on your wedding night? Did you perform the necessary rights?
Re: The Etiquettes Of Marriage And Wedding by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 13, 2014
SugaryBelle: Welcome back.So how was it on your wedding night? Did you perform the necessary rights?

Oh wow. yes we did. Alhamdulillah we now have a soon to be 7 months old son.

1 Like

Re: The Etiquettes Of Marriage And Wedding by SugaryBelle(f): 11:12pm On Jul 13, 2014
Rukemi291:

Oh wow. yes we did. Alhamdulillah we now have a soon to be 7 months old son.
Wow congratulations.thank God for you.
Re: The Etiquettes Of Marriage And Wedding by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 13, 2014
SugaryBelle: Wow congratulations.thank God for you.

Thank you much Sugary

1 Like

Re: The Etiquettes Of Marriage And Wedding by khattab02: 10:20pm On Jul 17, 2014
Jazakallahu khairan Op! Very nice and educative. I think I have to bookmark it for easy referencing? Yes!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

..... / Juz' Tabarak Recited In Arabic With English Translation! / Nl Islamic Section Hall Of Fame

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.