Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,936 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP (9199 Views)

SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio / Senate Presidency: PDP Begins Move To Battle APC / Presidency, PDP Reject Card Reader For Election (2) (3) (4)

Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by Bkl4real: 11:58am On Mar 03, 2013
Peoples Democratic Party has said it has no information that the South-East geopolitical zone is agitating to take a shot at the presidency. It said such calls are coming from "disgruntled" persons.

More politicians from the zone and the apex Igbo socio-political body, Ohanaeze Ndi'gbo, have recently decried the area's alleged marginalisation at the presidential level.

However, the National Publicity Secretary, PDP, Mr. Olisa Metuh, who spoke with our correspondent on the telephone on Friday, said the rotational presidency was no more relevant, adding that presidential candidates would henceforth be picked on merit.

He said, "I am not aware that the Igbo are calling for the presidency; you can quote me on that. I noticed that one or two disgruntled persons are saying it. Nigeria has gone beyond the equation of where a person (presidential candidate) comes from; we have transcended that.

"The most important thing is the capacity and the capability of whoever is heading Nigeria, and that is why we are looking at the entire country. It is not about where you are coming from; it's about your capacity and your agenda for the nation."

Reacting to the Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha's statement on Thursday that PDP had failed the South-East, Metuh described the governor as a regional politician who should be ignored at the national level.

"I have directed the South-East zone publicity secretary to answer him. He is a regional player; he's not a national player. We don't need to reply him at the national secretariat," he said.

Okorocha, who was a founding member of PDP, had, while explaining why he pitched his tent with the newly formed All Progressives Congress, said he had nothing against President Goodluck Jonathan but his party, the PDP.

Source:

http://mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/news/disgruntled-politicians-behind-call-for-igbo-presidency-pdp/

Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:02pm On Mar 03, 2013
Forget all dis talk of Igbo Presidency.

Igbos have proved time and time again that they don't depend on politics for livelihood.

Let the North continue to sacrifice demselves for President position in a multi-ethnic country.

Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by BigBenoski(m): 1:02pm On Mar 03, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: Forget all dis talk of Igbo Presidency.

Igbos have proved time and time again that they don't depend on politics for livelihood.

Let the North continue to sacrifice demselves for President position in a multi-ethnic country.
u have spoken well but, the igbos shouldn't just fold their hands and watch the north keep cornering our collective wealth

Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by ninja4life(m): 3:01pm On Mar 03, 2013
Will these people just STFU.Wat gud has yoruba presidency done 4 d yorubas and d yrs of north ruling d country done to d northern populace who lives below poverty level,does in power cares abt demselves only and not deir tribe or nigeria in general,dey enrich demselves at d expense of nigerians but due 2 religious and ethnic sentiment we failed 2 hold dem responsible.
We need 2 chose our leaders without considering religion or ethnicity but capability and past track record of d person,if not we will keep on havin selfish leaders

Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by GARRIx7(m): 3:49pm On Mar 03, 2013
Hehehehe.....

I dey laff ooo...

So no IGBO Presidency till further notice!!!

Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by ikeyman00(m): 3:50pm On Mar 03, 2013
@@@@@

Will these people just STFU.Wat gud has yoruba presidency done 4 d yorubas and d yrs of north ruling d country done to d northern populace who lives below poverty level,does in power cares abt demselves only and not deir tribe or nigeria in general,dey enrich demselves at d expense of nigerians but due 2 religious and ethnic sentiment we failed 2 hold dem responsible.
We need 2 chose our leaders without considering religion or ethnicity but capability and past track record of d person,if not we will keep on havin selfish leaders

hahha

cheecky stuff!!

well if u looking for remedy for the country u claim to love chose an Igbo to see the igbo spirit doing it for yall

always remember that at the back of ur mind even if u chooses not to disclose in the public pele oo

there is no point dilly dally all over the place when a common call to upgrade enugu to international standard is causing earthquake within u and hausa people shocked

till u and ur northern killers of the country are stopped on ur track there wouldnt be much excepted anyway

Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by truth4meal(m): 4:11pm On Mar 03, 2013
Igbos are purely the source of their own problem - if not for the disunity of purpose that is a fad in Igboland this O'lie-sir Metuh will not push aside the right of a region just because adhering to rotational presidency does not favour his boss. Calling aspiration and a region's right an act of disgruntled element is a new word for folly. GEJ's is using the turn of Igbo - he knows just like the igbo elders who only think according to the money paid. O'lie-sir can continue to lie to himself that rotational presidency is archaic but all right thinking Nigerians know that to uphold national unity power must rotate. GEJ is not Igbo ; Igbos should fight for their right to the throne. The politics of Jonah is our brother is only "politics" and not the truth. But seriously wetin concern me sef grin

Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by ikeyman00(m): 4:26pm On Mar 03, 2013
truth4meal(m): 4:11pm

Igbos are purely the source of their own problem - if not for the disunity of purpose that is a fad in Igboland this O'lie-sir Metuh will not push aside the right of a region just because adhering to rotational presidency does not favour his boss. Calling aspiration and a region's right an act of disgruntled element is a new word for folly. GEJ's is using the turn of Igbo - he knows just like the igbo elders who only think according to the money paid. O'lie-sir can continue to lie to himself that rotational presidency is archaic but all right thinking Nigerians know that to uphold national unity power must rotate. GEJ is not Igbo ; Igbos should fight for their right to the throne. The politics of Jonah is our brother is only "politics" and not the truth. But seriously wetin concern me sef

how could oduduwas like u always talk about unity this and that! the only reason people like u will have the audacity to do so is duely ur una tribalism gene in ur body which seem to unite una all one by one; even na ole una no mind vote for am

but all in all when the real unity plays out like u see how jon was voted in; u see how the war is mobolised; u see how people could go all the way to lagos;china to hold a market down; u think say na by bad belle of oduduwa this could be translated ehh ?

this una oduduwa just like to talk rubbish and nonesense all the time; imagine a ghana must go man say to u emm yes its true this and that; see naija has 140 million people; usuing population as excuses all the time

the same unity una use finis abiola; ige and all the rest in the country

this una gene that like to talk about wat never happened

so far people from osun village;ibadon forest spend all their time talking about fashola; wonder when they will talk about their local politics self

still wonder the reason acn failed; blame mimiko for that disunity

Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by Sirniyeh(m): 4:26pm On Mar 03, 2013
Hun un un, I dey laugh!
It's unfortunate as many Nigerians loose personal focus and vision of their pursuit in the course of advocating and clamouring for 2015. However, the whole nation would be startled when they realise that there shalll be no election in 2015. Even, if it would not turn to disintegration, i want to enjoin all youth to prepare for battle to finish. "quote me"

Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by ikeyman00(m): 4:29pm On Mar 03, 2013
^^^ keep laughing ooo cool
Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by truth4meal(m): 4:51pm On Mar 03, 2013
I don't know how best to respond to your post because I don't understand what the post is all about. But I think that of Mimiko is self-explanatory so I will respond to that - Mimiko is a Yoruba man voted by Yorubas. Mimiko is a member of Labour party which is not an Igbo party - APGA. Okay now to the arithmetic of influence; ACN of the West has more influence (unity) - 5 states out of 6 compared to the APGA of the East - 2 out of 5. We are still more united than the Igbos. No one day Igbos should neglect moral to vote for just any Igbo what am saying is that Igbos should vote for a credible Igboman or are you saying none of such Igboman exist? The last time both Ige and Abiola vie for political post - Yorubas voted enmasse for them; Governor of Old Oyo and President of Nigeria respectively. The truth is bitter!!!

Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by ikeyman00(m): 5:00pm On Mar 03, 2013
^^^^ rubbish!

keep masking the real truth! bitter indeed!

i dnt think u ready for it! therefore the reason u could only respond to mimiko blah blah

pele-man

Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by emmatok(m): 5:38pm On Mar 03, 2013
ninja4life: Will these people just STFU.Wat gud has yoruba presidency done 4 d yorubas and d yrs of north ruling d country done to d northern populace who lives below poverty level,does in power cares abt demselves only and not deir tribe or nigeria in general,dey enrich demselves at d expense of nigerians but due 2 religious and ethnic sentiment we failed 2 hold dem responsible.

Why dragging other tribes into your Igbo wahala.

Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by BarryX(m): 5:40pm On Mar 03, 2013
like seriously"disgruntled" ?? What have these Ibo people really done that is so unforgivable?? Pardon me , I only have questions on my mind. Am from the core south-south in case you're tempted to ponder about it. To me, The Ibos need some chance to right their wrongs! They've really "F" up BIGTYME, Disgruntled meaning dissatisfying somebody is what the other geo-political zones have really done to these UMMUNA
Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by Ikengawo: 5:40pm On Mar 03, 2013
Ndi-igbo that have in the past 1 year contested for the presidency of the World Bank and the Vatican will indeed be the president of Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb2qttBDyXI

TB Joshua says the next post will be a yoruba man in disguise
Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by 5alive(m): 5:41pm On Mar 03, 2013
am an igbo man.... Buh in my next life, i dont wanna be igbo.. God pls i dont want to be a biafran.... I dont want to fight a lost battle

Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by phildon: 5:43pm On Mar 03, 2013
My name is Atiku Uchenna Abubakar. I had no cap. Pls vote for me!
Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by Akpaife(m): 5:44pm On Mar 03, 2013
Igbo need 2 rule ds country let see if igbos will slove our problems
Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by gerald09(m): 5:44pm On Mar 03, 2013
If PDP wants to give ACN a fight for their money dey should put a presidential candidate from the SE, nw dat will be 1 movie I'll want to watch.
Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by takedat(m): 5:45pm On Mar 03, 2013
Igbos have no reason to complain since we already have an Ebele Azikwe as president!

PDP is nothing but a party of confusionists and a bundle of deceit. So rotational presidency and zoning of political offices has been jettisoned in order to suit the selfish interest of the president, even when the party is yet to hold its convention or its constitution amended! Is that internal democracy at work, or should we assume the motormouth, mouthpiece of the party just gave his own opinion! Hope the party can truly push for meritocracy, as against their norm of mediocrity!

Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by dayokanu(m): 5:45pm On Mar 03, 2013
Are they saying only disgruntled people would want Ibos to rule this country?

I laff in 98% votes

www.nairaland.com/attachments/103279_peters_nightmare_jpga1db55aa334f4a0f197cbb05c339fc2d

Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by Akpaife(m): 5:47pm On Mar 03, 2013
Rilamaka:

Your father and your entire ethnic group disgruntled elements! Bastard
Dnt mine him igbo d best tribe in nig
Better dan anyother tribe in nig
Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by phildon: 5:47pm On Mar 03, 2013
BarryX: like seriously"disgruntled" ?? What have these Ibo people really done that is so unforgivable?? Pardon me , I only have questions on my mind. Am from the core south-south in case you're tempted to ponder about it. To me, The Ibos need some chance to right their wrongs! They've really "F" up BIGTYME, Disgruntled meaning dissatisfying somebody is what the other geo-political zones have really done to these UMMUNA
MASSOB's xistence alone is enogh failure for d actualization of Ibo presidency.

Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by ochukoccna: 5:49pm On Mar 03, 2013
Isn't an Ibo man president already?
Last time I checked AZIKIWE Ebele J was president tongue

Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by nuclearboy(m): 5:51pm On Mar 03, 2013
BarryX: like seriously"disgruntled" ?? What have these Ibo people really done that is so unforgivable?? Pardon me , I only have questions on my mind. Am from the core south-south in case you're tempted to ponder about it. To me, The Ibos need some chance to right their wrongs! They've really "F" up BIGTYME, Disgruntled meaning dissatisfying somebody is what the other geo-political zones have really done to these UMMUNA

The honest hard-working Igbo man has done NOTHING to deserve all this vilification! Where he is doing his work and expanding his horizons through hard work and doggedness, another childish igbo "boy" is coming online and causing dis-affection towards him! Its this same online warrior that sells GEJ as Igbo thereby ensuring the Igbo is reviled in Nigeria!

I pray the people I know who are hardworking and industrious don't end up victims because of such noise-makers
Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by phildon: 5:51pm On Mar 03, 2013
Anayo Owele Rochas Okorocha (Dan Jikan Sokoto) would have been a potential Ibo president. But the Ibos don't even like him simply because he is highly loved in d north. I then wonder how u'll rule this country with d support of only d inyamiris.

Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by phildon: 5:55pm On Mar 03, 2013
Akpa ife: Igbo need 2 rule ds country let see if igbos will slove our problems
Ibos will indeed slove ur problems. Ode!

Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by Ahmed0336(m): 5:57pm On Mar 03, 2013
Just passin by tongue
Re: Disgruntled Politicians Want Igbo Presidency - PDP by ochukoccna: 5:59pm On Mar 03, 2013
Wben will Jonny go-slow's supporters see that his unbridled lust for power keeps destroying the fragile make up of this nation
As long as he's president,he cares not if Nigeria burns to the ground
Do Igbo's expect any treatment different from Ebele seeing he openly lied on national TV that PDP lacks a rotation policy yet was mad at the HOR for electing Tambuwal over Adeola Akande who should have got it going by PDP's zoning formula?

What Does Buhari Do For A Living? / What Is The Meaning Of Ode Chukwu? / Nigeria's Golden Moments

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49