Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

Fighting The Addiction Of Smoking - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Fighting The Addiction Of Smoking (537 Views)

How I Got Addicted And Overcame Addiction Of Virtual Bets (dog&horse Race) / FG Not Serious About Fighting Ebola –doctors, Nurses / How To Escape Alcohol Addiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fighting The Addiction Of Smoking by CreativeCEO: 7:24pm On Mar 03, 2013
I am a smoker, fighting smoking addiction/habit as many around the world do. Smoking of tobacco products is a highly addictive, health endangering, expensive habit that many people throughout the world are victims of. Maybe the best cure would be to make tobacco and tobacco products illegal, but then like all the other illegal things in the world, a black market would arise and the addictions of smoking would still survive. Smoking leads to many horrific diseases and illnesses which include: Lung cancer, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Emphesema, and Birth defects. There are many ailments smoking can cause, mainly with the lungs. Chronic coughing, mucus discharge, wheezing, Asthma are just a few problems encountered by smokers.

Many smokers are nervous and anxious, needing the habit of nicotine to help control their feelings. In my opinion, tobacco is like an addictive drug. And beating the addiction is not easy in no way, shape or form. To change a habit, it takes 30 days (1 month) to create a new, healthier habit. If a smoker uses better habits for 30 days, they will have the new habit set into their bodies and minds. It doesn't mean the urge to smoke is totally gone, but much of the battle to quit smoking has been won. The person just needs to stick to the healthier program.

The safest thing is to STOP smoking, but smoking is one of the most difficult addictions and habits to break. Here I will try to share many things that may help you with your smoking addiction/habit.

Things to Do to Quit Smoking

1. Choose a Quit Smoking date. Mark it down and make this your goal date.

2. Empty all ashtrays and recepticles used for the smoking habit. Put them away out of sight. When you put them away, they are "Out of sight, out of mind".

shogogreen..com

(1) (Reply)

Why Circumcision Lowers Risk Of HIV / The Dangers Of Postpartum Depression / 15 Spectacular Tricks For Your Body.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.