Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Quick Tips For Corpers Before Leaving For Orientation Camp - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Quick Tips For Corpers Before Leaving For Orientation Camp (54920 Views)

Corps Member Dies At Enugu Orientation Camp / NYSC Batch B 2015: Requirements For Orientation Camp / Pictures From NYSC Orientation Camp In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quick Tips For Corpers Before Leaving For Orientation Camp by BrandedB: 4:36am On Nov 02, 2014
cool#TEAMKWARA

1 Like

Re: Quick Tips For Corpers Before Leaving For Orientation Camp by Nicepoker(m): 2:38pm On Nov 02, 2014
Team. Ebola coper going bck to camp. Osun state.

1 Like

Re: Quick Tips For Corpers Before Leaving For Orientation Camp by lexiie(f): 7:10am On Nov 04, 2014
Hello fellow Otondos, We have moved to /p5hHtb-1aW
Re: Quick Tips For Corpers Before Leaving For Orientation Camp by wallyjoe(m): 11:48pm On Mar 02, 2015
Larrybillz:
[color=#990000][/color]..meehhn!! Its a very huge info u just droped dear...rilly apreciate d efforts being put in by sm peepz here on NL lik u in tryin to kip us informed bout stufz to xpect on camp..can only buh say tanks to u guys...bin posted to Oyo n intend crashin a nite b4(monday) so i can b able to mek d 1st set...hop ds z cool
nice nice 1
Re: Quick Tips For Corpers Before Leaving For Orientation Camp by lexiie(f): 8:10am On Mar 12, 2015
Hello Everyone. Im glad this post is of great help to you.

below is the new link to this post.
http://www.evatese.com/2013/03/03/quick-tips-and-advice-for-youth-corpers-before-leaving-for-orientation-camp/
Re: Quick Tips For Corpers Before Leaving For Orientation Camp by 123456abc: 2:36pm On Oct 23, 2015
While in camp, start preparing for the Job market....attempt Recruitment Aptitude Tests Online, see your scores and solutions -

Re: Quick Tips For Corpers Before Leaving For Orientation Camp by datchubbychic(f): 6:15pm On Oct 23, 2015
Okijajuju1:
[b]1. Dont be late in getting to camp!! Infact, be early so your registration can be stress free.

2. Avoid Camp Food. YES!! Camp food is made by a bunch of unprofessional cooks who just throw the miserly food ingredients given to them to make that crap called food. Its not the faults of these women but the government/NYSC officials. The best foods are made on Sundays.. grin

3. Respect yourself and dont break the rules.

4. DONT BE AFRAID OF ANYBODY IN CAMP!! YES! The soldiers cant beat you. Neither the Civil Defense & Police. They can only drill you, but if you are tired, just squat on the floor and tell them you are tired. SIMPLE! Dont be rude because you can be thrown into the jail (After a camp court trial sha), but you dont have to do the frog jumps, press ups, e.t.c if you dont want to!

5. MAmmy Market is your friend.. If you are an Ajebutter like me who is very particular about where and what I eat, you can do what I did. Find a Mammy Market stall you are comfortable with, make friends with the owner and have her prepare you whatever you want to eat. Just inform her in advance. I served in Obubra and had this one Mammy Market woman who really took care of me. I will just tell her that Tomorrow, I want X soup with Pounded Yam and Dog meat (just kidding about the Dog meat sha) and she would cook it, bring it and give me my bill which was alarmingly cheap (Max. 3'k).

6. Sew your Khakis fromhome before coming to Camp. This is the only way to enjoy your NYSC uniform as it will be tailor made for you to fit. You will end up looking smarter and sharper than the rest of your fellow corp members.

5. Buy as many BYC white shirts and White Shorts as you can afford. I Bought 14 BYCs, 14 Shorts and 14 pairs of white socks. I advice this because of the following reasons;

a. The NYSC issue Shirts & Shorts are so inferior that they either tear while you are still fitting them on, or they will tear while you are washing them.

b. NYSC Camps are filled with thieves..Chances are you will lose those shirts and shorts to thieves after each wash. Sometimes, even the Camp helpers (errand boys) are the ones who will rob you.

6. Get yourself a sling bag.. This should be where all your valuables must be inside. Always keep it with you even when you are having a shower or taking a Dump.

7. Dont get caught in this trap: A lot of Corpers come into camp and want to immediately start 'runsing' their posting to the states capital. In the Process, Many girls especially get taken advantage of sexually by all and sundry. Even boys also get financially exploited for this. I was a Platoon leader and know this first hand. None of the following people have the power to influence your postings;

a. The Army

b. Civil Defense

c. Police

d. Platoon Leaders

e. .....

A lot of girls get exploited by these people with the promise of influencing their postings. Thats why there is always a festival of tears at the end of each camping season from girls that have been used for nothing.

8. Make friends!! Make Friends!! make Friends!!!! Very important. Make friends with both Corp members and NYSC officials as they will come in handy at different points throughout your 1 year season.

9. Enjoy yourself in Camp. Its a 3 week experience that always ends up being too short. This is the last time in many of your lives that you will ever get to have such an experience ever again. I call it the right of passage for every Nigerian graduate from Boys/girls to Young men/women. ENJOY IT!! I really missed camp when it ended.

10. Dont take up a position of responsibility if you have poor people skills.. NYSC PLATOON LEADERS dey suffer. Dealing with Nigerian Graduates is worse than dealing with market women. They are unruly and uncultured. I speak generally based on the numbers you have to face. Some are just pleasant and lovely, but most are pure arseholes.. My assistant once left my platoon hungry because they pissed her off. I swear its a service that you dont get paid for that comes with alot of insults. If you do, be ready to give your all including your money.

11. Pack Condoms.. I no need to tell you that all call-up letters carry an afrodisiac in it that makes the girls horn`y as hell.. Even Married women are not left out. Virtually every chick in Camp is fair game to a sharp guy. However, whatever you do, please wear the Proper PPE before entering the work site. grin

12. Beware of Fire Drill.. This is a drill that is done on a random night where a Bonfire is lit outside and in the middle of the night, the soldiers sneak into your rooms with the lights out and all of a sudden start a ruckus, screaming FIRE!!! FIREE!!!!! FIREEE!!!!!!!! Banging things, creating pandamonium. Sending your rooms into a panic frenzy! People will start running for the exits at break neck speed. Remember that there is no light so people will run into obstacles, fall and get very injured. In my time, 3 boys ended up in the hospital with really deep cuts from the metal bunk beds. PLEASE! When you hear that scream of Fire!! You will most likely jump and be ready to run like other will most definitely be doing! Please regain your composure eary and remember that I told you aboutthis drill! Just lay quietly on your bunk and wait for the chaos to subside before leaving the room. Dont even fret should you see a soldier banging on your bunk or any such thing.

13. ENDURANCE TREK!!: I personally enjoyed this part of camp. I completed mine. Even had to cross a river by canoe at some point. Now listen!! Your NYSC issued jungle boots are useless cheap piece of trash that is no good for nothing but the dust bin.. For your endurance trek, please find a pair of realy good quality trainers,( I bought a pair of military spec jungle boot from the U.K you can also find some in the market that is military spec and not Converses o!!) and wear. If you must use the NYSC issue, make sure its a comfortable fit. Otherwise, wear the thickest pair of socks you can find. Otherwise, you will be bleeding and injured all over your feet by the time you are done.

14. Corpers with unique medical and other needs.. E.g Asthma... Please bring with you enough inhalers to last you for a month.. Remember that the activities in camp are stressful and may trigger your attacks more than usual. Please protect yourself well. And to those with other medical needs, please bring your medications with you o!! Camp clinic is just french for Mortuary. Girl bring in your sanitary towels, paracetamols, e.t.c...

15. If you own a Blackberry, Iphone, Samsung Galaxy, Nokia Lumia, e.t.c.. Please my honest advice is toleave it at home. Chances are you will be too busy to even remember those phones. HOWEVER!! Should you choose to bring them with you, go and buy these back-up mobile chargers so you can charge these phones while you sleep. In the day time, you send those battery chargers to the guys to charge for you. That way, your phones and baterries never leave your sight!
[img]http://c.shld.net/rpx/i/s/pi/mp/17285/6753330507p?src=http://www.jmosskingsley.com/images/41rQrBeWtCL.jpg&d=f17e17d559196408dbc2dc217f0233ec08bbe58f[/img]

........................................................................................................................

16. ... NYSC is gonna be one of the best times of your life... #Enjoy it!

May be edited later to add more..
[/b]
thanks for the info.
Re: Quick Tips For Corpers Before Leaving For Orientation Camp by ukpong4u(m): 2:09am On Oct 24, 2015
Thanks so much for this information, I appreciate it. B15
Re: Quick Tips For Corpers Before Leaving For Orientation Camp by blaqkenny: 9:04pm On Oct 28, 2015
Dear Nigerian Youth Corpers,

This is a clarion call you must heed. Luck, they say, is when opportunity meets preparedness. If you are a corp member currently serving our fatherland Nigeria, count yourself lucky. What I'm about revealing is a potential gold mine! What would you do if you found one I bet your thoughts are as good as mine. Some may have heard of this gold mine but then, what have they done? Now is the time to take a share of your national cake...ewa...moin moin...okpa...suya...whatever you choose to call it, but the BIG QUESTION is...how do I gain access to this gold mine? If you are curious to know how, please read on...

GOLD MINE LOCATION: The NYSC/BOI Graduate Entrepreneurship Fund (GEF) ACCESS DENIED! Awww...poor corper. cry You feeling disappointed already? Not to worry. Here is your access key!

HOW TO GAIN ACCESS
Now you've found your gold mine but then, how do you start mining away? Are you equipped with the right tools, equipment and know-how. If YES, you are welcome. But if your response is in the negative, not to worry. That is the reason why I'm HERE! To equip you with the right tools for mining. You have that which you need but another big question is ARE YOU READY TO ACQUIRE, PROCURE THAT WHICH YOU NEED

ACCESS KEY A Detailed Business Plan.

Come join me on whatsapp where I hand over your access keys to you. Join the NYSC/BOI GEF CORPERS HUB on 07031813005. I'll see you on the inside. Till then, in the words of my mentor John Obidi,

Be Phenomenal or Be Forgotten!

Re: Quick Tips For Corpers Before Leaving For Orientation Camp by Datlankydude(m): 2:51am On Nov 17, 2015
Bruhhh u got me rolling. Seriously??
yuzedo:
Plis i am goin to camp. am first man from my little village in umuawadaobede LGA in the east. my fada is a chief with many moneys. if i want to nyash babe, do i need to tell her i leave in banana island or i can remain humble and patience like am normally are? i really need to nyash in camp, pleas advice, thanks. my name is Polycarp Oyoyo, am writing from Codevoir were am doing summer holiday.

1 Like

Re: Quick Tips For Corpers Before Leaving For Orientation Camp by uzo200(m): 1:26pm On Jan 08, 2016
Oya, I am a the first dude posting on this thread on 2016... NYSC... HERE I COME
Re: Quick Tips For Corpers Before Leaving For Orientation Camp by dayowunmi(m): 11:45pm On Jan 08, 2016
uzo200:
Oya, I am a the first dude posting on this thread on 2016... NYSC... HERE I COME
When will registration start. Do you have any info
Re: Quick Tips For Corpers Before Leaving For Orientation Camp by LOola12(f): 7:56am On Jan 09, 2016
dayowunmi:
When will registration start. Do you have any info

February
Re: Quick Tips For Corpers Before Leaving For Orientation Camp by dayowunmi(m): 10:44pm On Jan 09, 2016
LOola12:

February
thanks for the info. sir/ma
Re: Quick Tips For Corpers Before Leaving For Orientation Camp by DTOBS(m): 6:06pm On Feb 01, 2016
lexiie:
Quick Tips And Advice For Youth Corpers Before Leaving For Orientation Camp

1. There are washer men and women available at your disposal for mostly the Aje-butter children and those who do not want to stress themselves. I can proudly say I used them. Registration stops 12 midnight preceding swearing –in day.

2. Never forget to wear your cap

3. You would be given your meal ticket. Never misplace it. I actually never used mine till end of camp.

4. I never knew what otondos meant ==MUMU

5. Adjustment of clothes: You definitely have to adjust your khaki given, no one escapes this. Make sure you do this on time and also make sure you follow those tailors up if not you would be given flimsy excuses. Ensure you negotiate price for adjustment very well. They think you have money to waste.

6. You would meet different types of human beings the crazy, spoilt, razz, dirty, complicated, stupid, holy, party, drunk, beautiful, ugly, different tribes etc. Be open-minded and smile at someone. New friends! The truth of the matter is, you shouldn't go through camp alone.

7. Read your call up letter thoroughly both back and front

8. Just have enough t-shirts and shorts to wear throughout the week because some camps, the activities are time consuming leaving little or no time for you during the week till weekend.

9. You will be fed three times a day in camp, but the food is barely edible. The kitchen is run by incredibly hard working women who are assisted by fellow otondos from different platoons assigned to the kitchen for each meal.

10. If you are someone who loves to eat good food, or you don’t want to have the mammy feel, no problem just come loaded to camp with provisions. Like cereals and beverages, garri, biscuits etc. You should also hold extra cash to eat at the Mammy market, you will get good food there and won’t spend much to eat well, and the price however depends on the state to which you have been posted.

11. There are places available where you can charge your batteries at the camp market.

12. Always fetch water down for the next morning. You can be shocked that water supply might finish before it gets to your turn and that’s the end for you .As for drinking water you either bought pure water or bottled water; there was no free drinking water whatsoever.

13. Ladies try not to go with heavy or synthetic hair to avoid excess heat and time to care for it. You could advisable make short hair to avoid heat and save time, I did a short hair which lasted me three weeks, braids is also advisable, don’t do lace wig or even fringe.

14. Pocket Money: The question is “How much money do you really need for the NYSC Orientation Course, you will be paid a N1, 500 allowance once you arrive the NYSC camp and also another one (first ALLAWI) after 3 to 4 days on camp. if you intend to drink and hang out at the Mami market, then you can take more money depending on how much you can finish, be wise though!

15. Just be prepared to wait in line for EVERYTHING

16. The bathrooms and toilets are nothing to write home about. It is always dirty and terrible in fact if not careful disease could be contacted. Well some ladies don’t know about guys, had buckets for the sole purpose of relieving themselves with what I can call 'pit bucket'

17. Do not dare the soldiers, some can be ruthless and you know they have authority to deal with you in name of discipline.

18. Always switch your phones off or put them on silent while on parade ground. Just don’t bring it out, it could be seized and destroyed not minding if it’s a blackberry z10.

19. The accommodation was something else. Rooms were jam-packed with little or no space to pass and walk freely. I had up to 60 roommates if not more. It was always stuffy, dirty and ventilation was poor.

20. There are fellowships for Christians and Muslims. The 3 recognized associations are NCCF (NIGERIAN CHRISTAIN CORPERS FELLOWHIP), NACC (ANGLICAN) and MCAN (MUSLIM CORPERS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA). But there were others like Redeemed, Winners, catholic, Christ embassy and deeper life. So you could make your choice. Also they have morning devotions and weekly service.

Overall, the NYSC camp was fun and I met a lot of people and I can say it was worth it was well worth it. It is an experience every Nigerian should have.
I will be here waiting to see you again with your comments and experiences on camp.
Till then wishing you a successful NYSC YEAR .may you all go and come in peace and not in pieces.

http://evatese./2013/03/03/quick-tips-and-advice-for-youth-corpers-before-leaving-for-orientation-camp/
Thank you for this important info.
please what are the documents needed in camp?
Re: Quick Tips For Corpers Before Leaving For Orientation Camp by Essont(m): 8:22pm On Mar 16, 2016
Supper dupper, free information. Ama pay u when am done serving.
Re: Quick Tips For Corpers Before Leaving For Orientation Camp by emee21: 10:41am On Apr 25, 2016
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL BATCH ‘A CORP MEMBERS!
HERE IS A SPECIAL OFFER TO ALL BATCH’ A CORP MEMBERS POSTED TO ABIA, ANAMBRA, RIVERS, DELTA AND LAGOS STATE.

APARALINE COMPANY WOULD DROP YOU ALL IN YOUR RESPECTIVE CAMPS WITH OUR FULLY AIR-CONDITIONED BUSES AT VERY AFFORDABLE PRICES. HERE ARE SOME OF OUR LOADING POINTS AND BOOKING OFFICES;

447, Agege Motor Road Bolade Oshodi Lagos State.

Jibowo Bus stop Ikorodu Road Lagos.
5, Idimu road by Ikotun road-about Ikotun, Lagos State.

Badagry Express Road By Maza Maza B/stop, Lagos.

43, Egbu road, Owerri, Imo State.

3, Milverton Avenue Aba Abia State.
Ohia New park, Umuahia

120, Olu Obasanjo road, Waterline Bus-stop, Opposite RTC main gate, Rivers State.

For further Enquiries; Call 08033010870, 08033539958, 07064482324.

Re: Quick Tips For Corpers Before Leaving For Orientation Camp by richardbill: 10:44pm On Jul 11, 2016
It's good news for corp members & individuals who are in town to carry out one assignment or the other within a short time frame in the oil city of Warri. We have a well furnished apartment.The compound is situated at Jakpa road & its road is accessible & motorable with assurance of security as the compound is fenced & gated. Hurry as only few apartments are left. Please watsap/call on us today to view it.08162637076. We have other lovely places too. We are your apartment accomplice!
Re: Quick Tips For Corpers Before Leaving For Orientation Camp by wizkitvick(m): 11:32pm On Jul 11, 2016
please I want to ask ask this........ can I see a new khaki and take it along to camp won't it be seized?
Re: Quick Tips For Corpers Before Leaving For Orientation Camp by Nobody: 11:45pm On Sep 12, 2016
To All Prospective Corpers,
See 5 Hacks For 21 Days in #NYSC Camp (Kindly watch/share this)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtC7xzUFwcU … #NYSCbatchb 2016
Re: Quick Tips For Corpers Before Leaving For Orientation Camp by tok2olije: 11:40pm On Sep 13, 2016
Corper Shan! This is for final year students in the university or polytechnic and for those who have already graduated and still waiting for mobilization. This info is relevant to you. Three Weeks in Tsafingida Camp is a book by a young talented Nigerian and it captures all you need to know about what goes on in the camp. It is highly recommended for you. Hei reader, you can equally get it for your loved ones. Both hard and soft copies are available. Pls call 08066287861 for your copies. It's a must read. It's highly informative and entertaining. The prize has been subsidized for all prospective and serving corps members. Hurry Now! The marketer: 08066287861.

1 Share

Re: Quick Tips For Corpers Before Leaving For Orientation Camp by magnet007: 3:31pm On Jan 25, 2017
reeleef.com
https://reeleef.com

The best and the fastest peer to peer donation platform where you can provide help multiple times in a day and get help multiple times in a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Quick Tips For Corpers Before Leaving For Orientation Camp by Obongawanesther(f): 10:45am On Jun 02, 2017
Ur info really make good sense.....God bless u
Re: Quick Tips For Corpers Before Leaving For Orientation Camp by ShylockConsults: 3:05pm On Aug 12, 2017
LAST MINUTE ADMISSION

Near East University, Cyprus International University, Girne American University and Final International University still Accepting Application for September/October Intake.
The following Courses are offered in both Undergraduate and Graduate Level: Medicine, Pilotage, Pharmacy, Nursing, Optometry, Dentistry, Law, Marine/Civil/Mechanical/Petroleum/Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Aviation, Marine Transportation and Management, Maritime Management and Transportation, Maritime Transportation and Logistics, Marine Biology, Ecology and Oceanography Maritime Transportation, Aviation, International Relation, Economics, Computer Sciences, Information Technology, Business Management, Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Biochemistry etc.

50-100% Scholarship Guaranteed
No TOEFL, NO GRE Required
No Application Fee
Visa Guaranteed.

We will also assist You from Pre-application Procedures to Post-landing, even to Your Registration.

To Apply, Send Us Scan Copy of the Following Documents to our Email for Evaluation.

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION:
FOR GRADUATE APPLICATION

1. Degree Statement of Results
2. Application Form (Can be Submitted online at https:///forms/jEsQsO4aT73rMTIG2 OR Downloaded at https:///xsqUeJ)
3. Degree Transcript
4. Data Page of Passport
5. O Level Results (WAEC OR NECO)
6. Master Diploma and Transcript (PhD Applicants Only)

FOR UNDERGRADUATE APPLICATION
1. Application Form (Can be Submitted online at https:///forms/jEsQsO4aT73rMTIG2 OR Downloaded at https:///xsqUeJ)
2. Data Page of Passport
3. O Level Results (WAEC OR NECO)

For more Info:
Email: shylockconsults@yahoo.com
Call +905488793304, +905338577830
Web: www.shylockconsults.com
Whatsapp: +2348069069532
Facebook: www.facebook.com/shylockconsults
Instagram: shylockconsults
Kindly "Share", Someone may need these.

We also process to other Universities worldwide.
Agencies are Partners are Welcomed.

HAPPY WEEKEND

#NUE #StudyAbroad #Scholarship #SCL #CIU #GAU #FIU⁠⁠⁠⁠
Re: Quick Tips For Corpers Before Leaving For Orientation Camp by Rep01: 3:20am On Nov 01, 2017
Easy way to make money...just register, click the d Link below and register and start making your money..
http://bytyredrtela.win/9143138189290/?rstr=112

Thanks, help others.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Corper Proposes To Female Soldier In Kwara NYSC Camp (Video) / Corper Rocks NYSC 'Khaki' Uniform In Dubai, UAE (pics/vid) / Little Boy Wears NYSC Uniform To Hawk Groundnut (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.