Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,958 members, 7,803,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

MBA Vs Msc,which One Will You Advise? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / MBA Vs Msc,which One Will You Advise? (1961 Views)

MBA VS Msc A/c / Msc In Transport Mgt & Planning Vs Msc In Project Mgt / How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MBA Vs Msc,which One Will You Advise? by semochendo1(m): 9:57pm On Mar 03, 2013
I graduated with 2'1 in Agric Economics. Now I wish to further my career with either MBA or MSc.. Which one will you advise with reason?? Thanks.
Re: MBA Vs Msc,which One Will You Advise? by dayo20002002: 10:03am On Mar 04, 2013
All depend on ur interest and the career path u choose. MBA will make u professional and it has little of academic oral and if u desire to be in academic field MSc is ok. I have both though I did MBA first due to the circumstances that I was surrounded it then but later I found out that MSc is more needed because I have to change my career path, then I went for MSc
Re: MBA Vs Msc,which One Will You Advise? by Businesstools(m): 10:48pm On Mar 05, 2013
I doubt if any university will accept a B.Agric directly for an MBA.
Re: MBA Vs Msc,which One Will You Advise? by DisGuy: 10:58pm On Mar 05, 2013
semochendo1: I graduated with 2'1 in Agric Economics. Now I wish to further my career with either MBA or MSc.. Which one will you advise with reason?? Thanks.

further your career??

i'll advise you get a job first work for 2-3 years then start thinking of furthering a career

1 Like

Re: MBA Vs Msc,which One Will You Advise? by garbigarba: 11:44pm On Mar 05, 2013
Businesstools: I doubt if any university will accept a B.Agric directly for an MBA.
Are you sure about this, I actually think mba is a free for all something, which one of the only few things sometimes required is job experience.
Re: MBA Vs Msc,which One Will You Advise? by semochendo1(m): 6:26pm On Mar 06, 2013
Dis Guy:

further your career??

i'll advise you get a job first work for 2-3 years then start thinking of furthering a career
Where is the job?

Businesstools: I doubt if any university will accept a B.Agric directly for an MBA.
Why not? B.Agric Economics? I intend doin it in unilag,had my first degree in d premier univerity of Ibadan.
Re: MBA Vs Msc,which One Will You Advise? by semochendo1(m): 6:29pm On Mar 06, 2013
M
dayo20002002: All depend on ur interest and the career path u choose. MBA will make u professional and it has little of academic oral and if u desire to be in academic field MSc is ok. I have both though I did MBA first due to the circumstances that I was surrounded it then but later I found out that MSc is more needed because I have to change my career path, then I went for MSc
Thanks,but please let's gain from your experiece. Why did u change the career path? Pls!!!
Re: MBA Vs Msc,which One Will You Advise? by DisGuy: 9:14pm On Mar 06, 2013
semochendo1:
Where is the job?

Why not? B.Agric Economics? I intend doin it in unilag,had my first degree in d premier univerity of Ibadan.

True, seems like there are none at the moment!! have you tried other states?

Doubt you'll get accepted to do an MBA without work experience, and you'd probably be competiting for entry level jobs without adequate work exp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MBA Vs Msc,which One Will You Advise? by semochendo1(m): 6:45pm On Mar 08, 2013
Dis Guy:

True, seems like there are none at the moment!! have you tried other states?

Doubt you'll get accepted to do an MBA without work experience, and you'd probably be competiting for entry level jobs without adequate work exp

I've actually got some bitter job experiences that are not worth managing,so i have to opt out teaching from one tutorial center to the other..
You said i should try other states.. u mean there could be job there? states like?

(1) (Reply)

Are You Tired Of Been Broke?! / Shl Material Needed / Banks With The Worst Customer Service Award Goes To.... Eco Bank!!!! Share

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.