Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

Can I Put This Program On Tv - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Can I Put This Program On Tv (620 Views)

What's Your Favorite Night Program On CNN / Favourite Reality Shows On Tv? / Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV) On TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Put This Program On Tv by emmabuggy(m): 11:03pm On Mar 03, 2013
I have this idea that i have been working on for some time now. Its about a program that is based on movies and acting whereby i intend to show - like two to three minutes clip of either the actor or movie that im talking about. Great actors and great movies from the past.
The thing is, will i be allowed to show a clip from any movie without permition? both local and foreing films
Re: Can I Put This Program On Tv by larryhomie(m): 4:35pm On Mar 11, 2013
You might need to get permissions for copyright purposes if you eventually intend to go far in whatever you plan to do. Don't over sweat it though, start from the smallest point but remember to have a plan and build up

1 Like

Re: Can I Put This Program On Tv by emmabuggy(m): 12:42pm On Mar 28, 2013
Thanks a lot man! I really do appreciate you. I want to know if my program can be seriously considered to go on air by any media house for a start without any permission just yet.
Re: Can I Put This Program On Tv by prof800(m): 1:57am On Apr 01, 2013
emmabuggy: I have this idea that i have been working on for some time now. Its about a program that is based on movies and acting whereby i intend to show - like two to three minutes clip of either the actor or movie that im talking about. Great actors and great movies from the past.
The thing is, will i be allowed to show a clip from any movie without permition? both local and foreing films
since u have the idea and the flow chart or game plan, take it to any media house and they"ll tell u what next. Most of them usually handle the *permission* thing, as well as soliciting for sponsorship, project research, publicity etc.
GoodLuck..!
Re: Can I Put This Program On Tv by VillageBoi(m): 2:57am On Apr 01, 2013
emmabuggy: The thing is, will i be allowed to show a clip from any movie without permition? both local and foreing films

If we delve into copyright law but I'm pretty sure you'll find the answer is 'No'. As Prof said the media houses should handle the permissions (so it definitely can be done) but if you can't get them interested in the idea initially then you probably can work around it by making an 'online' (eg Yotube) programme with a few episodes first that makes use of 'fair use' (of copyright protected material) and is 'educational' - I doubt anyone is going to come chasing you over that. As you gain views and followers then pitch the idea to the media houses again now showing that it is something people are interested in.

*NOTE* - I said "...You probably can..." as I am not 100% sure if my suggestion is right or even legal.

Personally I think it's a very good idea and I hope the media houses go for it as soon as you pitch it.

(1) (Reply)

Would It Be Funny If This Was You In The Video??? / DSTV And GOTV Short Changing Nigeria / Naruto Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.