Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,808 members, 7,806,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market (10683 Views)

Ambode Presents Gift To Fashola At Law Dinner (Photos) / Agbaje’s Response To Fashola’s Tax Indictment / Prophet To Fashola: Re-open Yaba Railway Market Or Lose Your Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by GARRIx7(m): 2:34am On Mar 04, 2013
Uba begs Fashola to re-open Ladipo Market

March 3, 2013 | 8:53 pm

News

The continued closure of Ladipo Market in Lagos State, has been described as a set-back to the livelihood of the traders and a drain on the state’s economy, as the Lagos State, Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, has been urged to re-open the market to guarantee the survival of the traders and revenue by the state.

Speaking, weekend, the Senator representing Anambra South, Dr. Andy Uba, said: “The continued closure of   Ladipo Market, which is one of the biggest spare part markets in Africa is not only a drain on the country’s economy, but has adversely affected the traders and their families.

“I believe the government  had made its point and the traders have also learnt their lessons. In the best interest of economic development, Ladipo cannot, but be re-opened,” Uba  said.

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/uba-begs-fashola-to-re-open-ladipo-market/
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by ikeyman00(m): 2:37am On Mar 04, 2013
k
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by Nobody: 2:42am On Mar 04, 2013
Make him go use him senatorial power open am naa....

The traders should go and clean up the market.

Geez!!! I can't believe this people. You make a living from somewhere and the place got shut because it is dirty, what were you suppose to do? CLEAN UP!!!

Clean up and get back to your livelihood. If you are not going to clean up, you can as well forget about the market. Should Lagos state government clean the place up, the market is gone bye bye.

2 Likes

Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by Obiora4life: 3:19am On Mar 04, 2013
Mr Senator Ndi Anambra,

After you're done begging, isn't it time you start thinking of alternatives? When would we learn? For all those who had been losing market, as much as I feel pity for you, but I hate to say that if this have to happen to open your eyes, then good. Obu osisi nulu na aga ebgutu ya, kwulu, mmadu nulu na aga egbu ya, o walu ben Johnson...

2 Likes

Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by Rhino5dm: 3:20am On Mar 04, 2013
Why can't these people use the strength wasted in begging to do the right thing and clean up that filth?
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by OkparaIgbo: 4:19am On Mar 04, 2013
I see no begging in Uba's statement.. undecided Very mischievous journalism here. As for the traders and anyone that thinks it is the in thing to run your business outside of Ala Igbo then ntooooooo to you on how you are been treated each and everytime..! When will you all begin to learn. As for me I run my business fully in the South East and there is no way I'm moving it to anyother region until I am satisfied that I have covered and saturated my region...Tufia kwa. I learnt from my Dad and I have since grown to see wisdom in his business decisions. To all those Igbo business men and women running away from Ala Igbo, keep running.! Are you a learner..? angry

10 Likes

Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by Nobody: 4:25am On Mar 04, 2013
Please op, where in his statement did he "beg"? Why are you this misleading?
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by mensdept: 4:29am On Mar 04, 2013
Just shows that Andy Uba is nothing but a sinnister. What happened to putting s "SPARE PARTS" factory in your constituent your excellency?

But of course, you cant think about doing even that local idea.
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by GARRIx7(m): 4:30am On Mar 04, 2013
liberty300: Please op, where in his statement did he "beg"?

Wait let me ask Ifa..

angry

3 Likes

Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by hercules07: 4:32am On Mar 04, 2013
Obiora4life: Mr Senator Ndi Anambra,

After you're done begging, isn't it time you start thinking of alternatives? When would we learn? For all those who had been losing market, as much as I feel pity for you, but I hate to say that if this have to happen to open your eyes, then good. Obu osisi nulu na aga ebgutu ya, kwulu, mmadu nulu na aga egbu ya, o walu ben Johnson...

The market is in Lagos, relocating elsewhere means someone else will take over, please tell your people to treat their environment better and while they are at it, bring in genuine parts.

2 Likes

Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by Tolexander: 4:32am On Mar 04, 2013
Begging/urging seems not to have been the step he should have taken but tried mediating between the representatives of the market and the state government base on the request of the lagos state government.
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by mensdept: 4:35am On Mar 04, 2013
Uba is so desperate to be governor like Buahri is desperate to be president. Yet, they have years before the selection abi election to actually do something bold that can benefit the people. Yet see them...
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by DuduNegro: 4:36am On Mar 04, 2013
shouldnt uba be concerned about events in his senatorial district?

1. go find who demolished ojukwu library;
2. go find why igbo bodies are floating in ezu river;
3. go find who killed kwara police commissioner;
4. go find the kidnappers terrorizing SE.

there is a senator in lagos whose constituency ladipo is located in. the proper political thing to do is to pull his peer aside and seek a comprimising outcome and not issuing a brash and irresponsible politically damaging comment in media.

garri, i tell you mehn, ibos make it hard for anyone to come in their defense. imagine a senator crossing his constituent to go address issue with the governor of another state. oh my!

6 Likes

Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by mensdept: 4:44am On Mar 04, 2013
Dudu_Negro: shouldnt uba be concerned about events in his senatorial district?

1. go find who demolished ojukwu library;
2. go find why igbo bodies are floating in ezu river;
3. go find who killed kwara police commissioner;
4. go find the kidnappers terrorizing SE.

there is a senator in lagos whose constituency ladipo is located in. the proper political thing to do is to pull his peer aside and seek a comprimising outcome and not issuing a brash and irresponsible politically damaging comment in media.

garri, i tell you mehn, ibos make it hard for anyone to come in their defense. imagine a senator crossing his constituent to go address issue with the governor of another state. oh my!

Agree with you.

1 Like

Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by hercules07: 4:49am On Mar 04, 2013
Tolexander: Is he just waking up? Just because he has just declared his ambition to be the governor of anambra, that is when he now realised there is a need to make an agitation for his people.
Begging/urging seems not to have been the step he should have taken but tried mediating between the representatives of the market and the state government base on the request of the lagos state government.

There is even something more important to be done and that is the issue of fake spare parts, there is a need to develop a market around genuine parts, the environment issue is easier to deal with.
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by DuduNegro: 4:59am On Mar 04, 2013
this market has been closed a week and when Fashola visited it still has not been cleaned. thats what i call defiance.

here's what the government should do......give these nuts till close of business on friday to clean the place up and be ready for an inspection saturday morning. if they fail to clean up or fail the inspection, then demolish the market and use the space for something else. the traders must be banned from running any registered trade in lagos for 5yrs and if caught violating the order or caught in a crime, they will be charged to court to face prosecution.
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by Tolexander: 7:11am On Mar 04, 2013
Dudu_Negro: this market has been closed a week and when Fashola visited it still has not been cleaned. thats what i call defiance.

here's what the government should do......give these nuts till close of business on friday to clean the place up and be ready for an inspection saturday morning. if they fail to clean up or fail the inspection, then demolish the market and use the space for something else. the traders must be banned from running any registered trade in lagos for 5yrs and if caught violating the order or caught in a crime, they will be charged to court to face prosecution.
that is too harsh man!
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by Nobody: 7:15am On Mar 04, 2013
Dudu_Negro: this market has been closed a week and when Fashola visited it still has not been cleaned. thats what i call defiance.

Thank God you are not Fashola! The heart of a man is desperately wicked.
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by misterh(m): 7:56am On Mar 04, 2013
Dear Uba,
I appreciate your concern about the Ladipo market. Truly, this market is a cashcow for the state's economy and the nation as a whole. This is evident by the traders claim of making about 100 billion naira everyday. But this is contrast with the environmental state of the place. The place is not fit for human habitation as the kinda dirt that reside there is surprising. Hence, the need for the closure of the market. If the traders can direct their energy at this moment to clean up the area, there will be no problem. The gates of d market will be thrown open. You can now see that this will be a symbiotic relation between govt and the traders.
Thanks once again for your concern.
Yours sincerely,
Misterh
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by fkaz(m): 7:59am On Mar 04, 2013
liberty300: Please op, where in his statement did he "beg"? Why are you this misleading?

, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, has been urged to re-open the market to guarantee the survival of the traders and revenue by the state
May be you are not conversant with the word URGE
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:18am On Mar 04, 2013
Uba ask Fashola to open Ladipo Market this time round.

All dis ethnocentric papers will write anything to feed their tribalist ego. shm!

1 Like

Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by coalcoal1(m): 9:00am On Mar 04, 2013
Ok
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by adisa204(m): 9:01am On Mar 04, 2013
Beg or plead re dey not d same thing but let not even derail frm d motion if d senators wants it re-opened dey shld urge d marketers 2 clean d mess up.hw will u keep d location of d source of ur wealth dirty
KEEP LAGOS CLEAN...FASHOLA IS WORKING.LAGOS IS WORKING.
EKO O NI BAJE!!!

2 Likes

Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by adisa204(m): 9:05am On Mar 04, 2013
Mind u a SENATOR cannot compel a GOVERNOR. Y can't sen uba come down 2 lag nd see d market in a mess a market where 100billion s made per day nd d marketers cannot devote 1hour 4 cleanin per wk not 2 talk abt daily cleanin

1 Like

Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 04, 2013
berem: Thank God you are not Fashola! The heart of a man is desperately wicked.
cheesy. cheesy
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by buoye1(m): 9:09am On Mar 04, 2013
Health is wealth
Re: Uba Appeals To Fashola To Re-open Ladipo Market by Ebestsmscom: 9:10am On Mar 04, 2013
OkparaIgbo: I see no begging in Uba's statement.. undecided Very mischievous journalism here. As for the traders and anyone that thinks it is the in thing to run your business outside of Ala Igbo then ntooooooo to you on how you are been treated each and everytime..! When will you all begin to learn. As for me I run my business fully in the South East and there is no way I'm moving it to anyother region until I am satisfied that I have covered and saturated my region...Tufia kwa. I learnt from my Dad and I have since grown to see wisdom in his business decisions. To all those Igbo business men and women running away from Ala Igbo, keep running.! Are you a learner..? angry

Seconded.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governors Destroyed The Local Government System - Ex-lagos Speaker, Mamora / BlackBerry Thief Sentenced To 3-month Community Service / Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.