Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) (25013 Views)

A Big Snake Killed In My Compound Today (PIX) / See The Kind Of Food Served For Lunch At An IDP Camp In Maiduguri / Palm Wine! Now In A Can ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by delors(m): 5:29am On Mar 05, 2013
...But hope say the snakes are dead sha? Make e no go bite my lip as I dey gulp down 'shayo' from the bottle (without a cup of course)
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by Burger01(m): 5:30am On Mar 05, 2013
Oh men! What kinda shait is this? No wonder those Asian people smells like rotten rat.. Yuck!!..
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by Burger01(m): 5:38am On Mar 05, 2013
Maxymilliano:
Yep! Very gross but hardcore! May be you should also consider that snake venoms are protein-based, thereby making it a healthy liquor with many health benefits... cheesy
Abeg, se na only snake get protein? I am okay with crab and fish wine...

1 Like

Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by AVWENAGHA: 6:24am On Mar 05, 2013
take bananA TILL YOU GO ......
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by jlyomifrancisy: 6:45am On Mar 05, 2013
In yorubaland, it cures/prevent Magun if mixed with certain herbs.
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by sunnyp1(m): 6:57am On Mar 05, 2013
seedord247: Are those snake stil alive? undecided

Move closer and ask those bottle grin
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by jerk: 6:57am On Mar 05, 2013
gree-die:

well den i better not be sick cz i ain't taking dat even if my life depends on it....... i think grin

yuck yuck sad
wen ur only option of survival is based on that wl u be saying such.
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by TableLeg(m): 7:01am On Mar 05, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

No. I finished the bottle tongue
SMDH undecided
Stop blowing me kisses .... My wife won't be happy! undecided
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by bongila(f): 7:03am On Mar 05, 2013
*shuddering in disgust* WTH! Look at those snakes! Mehn.... This is some crazy s*h*i*t*
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by sunnyp1(m): 7:06am On Mar 05, 2013
Men they should bring stuff like this to the club.... grin grin grin grin
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by Blackgold09(f): 7:11am On Mar 05, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge: omfg!!

Are those snakes alive?
u no dey read na pix u dey look or na nokia 3310 u dey use?
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by pautex: 7:27am On Mar 05, 2013
Maxymilliano: More on Snake Wine...

Southeast Asia’s cuisine has a drink made with a twist: an entire venomous snake.

The consumption of snake wine was originally for medicinal purposes and many still drink it for those reasons. The beliefs of snakes’ healing abilities are derived from snake characteristics like agility, skin shedding, and speed. The flexibility of snakes is believed to be a good treatment for stiffness and arthritis. Their ability to shed their skin translates into a regenerative quality for skin ailments, such as acne or itching skin. Another healing property snakes are know for is their speed. Its speed represents how quickly the healing occurs and moves fast throughout the body. Some versions of this wine is made with the actual blood and bile of the snake. Snake wine is so gross and hardcore at the same time. TAFIAKWA

Southeast Asia’s cuisine has a drink made with a twist: an entire venomous snake.

The consumption of snake wine was originally for medicinal purposes and many still drink it for those reasons. The beliefs of snakes’ healing abilities are derived from snake characteristics like agility, skin shedding, and speed. The flexibility of snakes is believed to be a good treatment for stiffness and arthritis. Their ability to shed their skin translates into a regenerative quality for skin ailments, such as acne or itching skin. Another healing property snakes are know for is their speed. Its speed represents how quickly the healing occurs and moves fast throughout the body. Some versions of this wine is made with the actual blood and bile of the snake. Snake wine is so gross and hardcore at the same time.

The consumption of snake wine was originally for medicinal purposes and many still drink it for those reasons. The beliefs of snakes’ healing abilities are derived from snake characteristics like agility, skin shedding, and speed. The flexibility of snakes is believed to be a good treatment for stiffness and arthritis. Their ability to shed their skin translates into a regenerative quality for skin ailments, such as acne or itching skin. Another healing property snakes are know for is their speed. Its speed represents how quickly the healing occurs and moves fast throughout the body. Some versions of this wine is made with the actual blood and bile of the snake. Snake wine is so gross and hardcore at the same time.

Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by chukxie(m): 7:38am On Mar 05, 2013
I had a full glass of snake wine during the spring festival in Hunan, China. It was reddish in colour and tasted like kparaga! Seriously!
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by Bharbieface(m): 7:46am On Mar 05, 2013
dis 1 na confirm okpukutu8)...bar man abeg 1 shot of snake wine for everybody on Nairaland...bills on mie cheesy
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by ibkgab001: 7:48am On Mar 05, 2013
;DAlaba snake market or log on to www.ineedsnake.medice.india grin
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by Vansnickers: 8:02am On Mar 05, 2013
Cold Snake wine + Catfish pepper soup = Ultimate Enjoyment!!!!!
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by ceejayluv(m): 8:02am On Mar 05, 2013
ItsModella: say what? shocked shocked yuck!!

health benefits ko, ain't nobody drinking that stuff angry angry
Too late, there's already a burgeoning industry of it in Asia.
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by BluePinkee(f): 8:13am On Mar 05, 2013
Still not interested....
Maxymilliano:
Yep! Very gross but hardcore! May be you should also consider that snake venoms are protein-based, thereby making it a healthy liquor with many health benefits... cheesy
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by Goodgoody1: 8:18am On Mar 05, 2013
mikeyhernadez: . I nor dey drinkI high wen i even dey tink am sef?___all there ASIANS mata don even taya me sef oo______follow me on twitter @abu_mikey i follow back
Why did they not show some body drinking it if it was actually real and true that it is medicinal. They are looking for who to kill. They will not see me
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by tellwisdom: 8:21am On Mar 05, 2013
I like drinks like this...need to call for one asap..no time angry
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by Lolaabokoku(f): 8:33am On Mar 05, 2013
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by Jerryjat(m): 8:41am On Mar 05, 2013
But wait ooooo.... r dis live snakes?...
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by thompson56(m): 8:52am On Mar 05, 2013
i no dey madt wey i go drink poison say na medicine.. Ther fada, very soon na human being sperm dem go say e dey cure H.i.V

........................................................................................

........................................................................................

WAKA
IN
ADVANCE
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by dnawah(m): 8:56am On Mar 05, 2013
gree-die:

well den i better not be sick cz i ain't taking dat even if my life depends on it....... i think grin

yuck yuck sad
wat if they offer u €200m or d sit of 9ja presido nko?u swimme in itgringrin
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by kabba7(m): 8:57am On Mar 05, 2013
true True Wallahi i did not see nor read the snake wine article intact i haven't visited the nairaland site for 10 years now so carry go somewhere else
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by Nacl: 9:07am On Mar 05, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by Nacl: 9:11am On Mar 05, 2013
HOW DID THEY PUT THE SNAKES IN THE BOTTLES?
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by goodgood2(m): 9:13am On Mar 05, 2013
[quote author=ULSHERLAN]Daaayyyuuummmm!!!!!. Which kind beverage be this. Its so disgusting but if e reach some limit man no go get choice o than to drink am but I don't pray for such limits[ End times! Satanic drinks.
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by TableLeg(m): 9:14am On Mar 05, 2013
sunny-p:
Men they should bring stuff like this to the club.... grin grin grin grin
Yeh so you can pop snake bottles instead of Dom P, Veuve or LP Rose! wink
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 05, 2013
nawaao !!!
Re: Snake Wine: A Different Kind Of Beverage (with Pictures) by djibola(m): 9:27am On Mar 05, 2013
~vicky~:
Grotesque! sad But just out of curiosity, how do they get the cobra and scorpion in the bottle? undecided
(Although, I probably don't want to know.)
yeah seriouli.the cobra is puffed up nd it looks ready to strike.hw the hell did dey do dat? sad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Guest Die After Meal At Katsina Wedding / How To Make Beef Shawarma At Home (nigerian Style) / Lagos and Ogun State..Lovely Yummy Cakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.