Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,695 members, 7,802,047 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery (12815 Views)

Huh!,tongue-splitting; A New Trend (pics) / Nigerians Creating Their Own New Trend On (Kim Kardashian joined)Titled #handfie / Stripping Self To Avoid Arrest In Nigeria - A New Trend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by sherfizle(m): 4:05pm On Mar 04, 2013
No be small thing o! really thinking of getting a licenced pistol but heard they don't grant pistol licences to anyone except its a long gun. E be like say all of us go begin dey carry illegal guns as lagos dey go so.
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by fm7070: 4:17pm On Mar 04, 2013
What do you expect in a mega city where crime is been fought manually?
Even if they post 10 RRS vehicles on each road, that cannot effectively reduce criminal activities like the use of security cameras with proper monitoring and other technological security gadgets.
When criminals are been tracked down in a way that beat them, there will be drastic reduction in crime rates especially that of the highways.
However, there has to be massive job creation all over the creation for old and young. If not, boys will end up stealing the electronic security gadget.
Same thing applies to traffic. You don't need to chase traffic offenders recklessly to the extent of causing another havoc. By the time you comit a traffic offence at Abule Egba and you're arrested at Iyana Ipaja for disobeying traffic laws, nobody will teach you before you become patience and obey traffic
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by momodub: 4:32pm On Mar 04, 2013
Burger01: There was time, just around Oshodi Oke on the bridge in a fairly slow moving traffic, this dirty looking guy just pop out from nowhere held onto my C240 side mirror and threatened to remove the side mirror unless i would give him some money. God! i was livid with rage and suddenly matched on the brake then swerved to my right to crush his freaking figure against the demarcating bridge iron barrier... sensing danger he took to his heels.. I wish I had a piece on me I would simply blast his brain off...
men you hash oooo nice one grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by Napolitano(m): 4:35pm On Mar 04, 2013
I guess the governor cares more about transforming Lagos and leaving the security situation in shambles.
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by bleufaucon: 5:01pm On Mar 04, 2013
America became a great nation cos of the 2nd amendment for the right to carry fire arms. And any government that denies its citizens the right to bear fire arms,whether long or short,is a tyrannical and despotic government. Before the onslaught of the rebel tuaregs in northern mauritania against the government forces,the threat became too unbearable for the security forces that the villagers were armed with AK47 to defend themselves and ended the attacks. There are over 40 million Americans within the combatant age owning firearms while the government security forces,Army,Navy,CIA,Marine and any other all put together cannot match the fire power of the citizens,hense the quest to disarm the people. Nigeria is unsafe now and will always be if people continue to depend on the thieving government to save them..they will not. It is the indelible right of every human to defend one's self against any slowpoke that threatens life,whether civilian of government agent. Well if u want,turn the right cheek and see what happens.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 04, 2013
Craxy yeriba area boys, extorting money from transporters in day time and robbing motorists at night. I wonder where these tribal bigots on this thread are hiding.

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by vicadex07(m): 5:23pm On Mar 04, 2013
lolz dat him friend na orisa. he don offend him head...
Legit1: For you all from other tribes, better have/get an M9 beretta or something that looks tougher and scarier than a locally made pistol. cheesy
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by Urine: 5:24pm On Mar 04, 2013
I think it's time to legalise the possession of small arms in naija.
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by touchmeder: 5:29pm On Mar 04, 2013
Is it not something like this that happned to the young doctor that was killed a while back? lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by ABAboi: 5:51pm On Mar 04, 2013
Protect your home and business against intruders by striking them before hand. See http://www.fogsecure.com.ng/nigerian-homes.php
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 04, 2013
Abujafood: Abuja is much safer and saner! I grew up in Lagos and I know what being robbed in traffic is like. Don't know whether to feel good about it!
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 04, 2013
Probably while you were being robbed, my colleague was narrating his own experience to me too. Yes, Friday, March 1. We were going home together in his car Friday and he narrated how he was robbed 2 days earlier on that same route - Lekki-Epe expressway, before VGC.

Riding with my boss one evening she also recounted another one her husband told her he saw few days earlier. Thankfully, I have never experienced it, careless as I usually am.
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by aademi(f): 6:22pm On Mar 04, 2013
I had an experience last year on the CMS bridge towards Apongbon opp UBA. There was the usual traffic, a friend and i were so engrossed in our talks and i did not wind up (i had fuel in a jerry can for the gen). Two guys appeared on our sides, the guy on my side slide up his shirt and showed me a cutlass and a plastic of liquid which he called acid. He said, i should bring my phones and bag. I gave him my starcomms phone which he threw back at me and demanded for my "original phone" I told him, thats the only phone i have. Meanwhile, they have their hands on the glass which makes it impossible for me to wind up the glass. Then my front was free and i just accelerated like someone pursued by demons. Unfortunately my friend had been robbed of her wallet and phone by the thief on her side but i didnt lose a thing( he kept throwing my starcomms phone back at me). This and so many cases of traffic robberies happen everyday and some were so unlucky, got injured or even died in the process
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by Novice1(m): 6:51pm On Mar 04, 2013
When Nigerians are allowed to legally carry concealed weapons, these opportunistic robberies will stop

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by Burger01(m): 7:02pm On Mar 04, 2013
@bleufaucon, I don't think naija is ready for any right to arms amendment. I tell you, people would settle scores with needless killings, except in a situation where every gun owner is documented correctly...not wuruwuru documentation..I mean real database documentation with captured finger prints.. Otherwise, na so we go dey hear Landlord don blast tenant brain over rent payment or say a jealous man blasts Mazi's brain for tidying his NYSC girlfriend (Mazi.. I beg na joke o.)...

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by cigie(m): 7:22pm On Mar 04, 2013
Now I want to ask, if you just ignore the guy...do you want to tell me he'll pull out the gun and shoot at you in that heavy traffic where escape would be hard for him...he's gonna have the guts to do that? Is wa for Lagos sha
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 04, 2013
If Fashola bans hawking in traffic now, they will say he is targeting Igbos.

Please ban street hawking!!!! BAN STREET HAWKING!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
THIS EXAMPLE IS A CLEAR REASON WHY WE MUST SAFEGUARD OUR TRIBAL UNITY AND BROTHERHOOD!

WHEN EVERYONE ELSE ABANDONES US, OUR TRIBES WILL STAY BY OUR SIDE!
mumu, this is how people at pdp think. Instead of providing jobs to get that guy out of the street, you are here polishing tribal propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by favinvest: 8:13pm On Mar 04, 2013
@op
I had similar experience at dat same charity Oshodi junction abt 2mths ago @ 6.10am but thank God my right side was free so I quickly turned to my right and jointed d other traffic line. Whenever I get close to charity oshodi rd I always stay in the middle of the road; make sure dat my windscreen is up and my doors re lock.
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by tucute: 8:26pm On Mar 04, 2013
please guys, when driving in a traffic,just wind up your side glasses whether its an A.C compliant car or not, once you are out of traffic and on the free flowing access roads , you can wind down...Cos even if your glass is tapped by a rogue, you can still manoeuvre your way out while your glass is wound up...Winding down gives them direct access and outright courage to extract the persons belongings..
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
Oko O ni Baje Ooooooooooo

nah soo...

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by Nobody: 10:49pm On Mar 04, 2013
Also beware of estate bus stop at Alapere up to 7up. Whenever ur car brakes down! Just leave your it and start running for ur life. Except, na serious beating U̶̲̥̅ go see º°˚˚º°˚
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by tunjiajayi: 10:58pm On Mar 04, 2013
I was robbed in a similar manner, this guy came up banging side glass so hard that I was so furious as to get down as the hold up was a stand still type at ojota. When I got down this guy was saying I was the one that crushed somebody in an accident earlier in the day.I was fully focused on him as I knew he was up to no good, only for some folks to start shouting thief. Alas I turned round and saw that my passenger side door was open and somebody making away from it. Immediately that happened the other guy crossed the lanes and the other one went towards m.k.o abiola park at ojota.they took my phones and some change I had on the seat. Caution some of those gala selling boys are informers. They look into your car see your valuables then signal their crooked mates. If there were no street hawkers one would be suspicious of any body walking on the highway in the middle of cars, won't one? All those street hawkers outside being public nuisances are also security breaches. They should be forced of the roads.
All in all always be vigilant, and follow your gut feelings on suspicion of anybody.
Wish you all safe motoring and commuting.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by Vires: 11:13pm On Mar 04, 2013
2tee.yinks:

na lie jooor,i leav in abj and i knw hw goes dia,dont come to NL to start posing

Its not that rampant, I have been driving in Abj for 7 yrs and I have never been robbed in traffic or even an attempt.
And drivers here are not as careful or as security conscious as Lagosians

I grew up in Lagos and I know so many ppl that have been robbed in traffic, my mum included
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by segzicres(m): 4:23am On Mar 05, 2013
lol mine almost happened while i was using my phone in traffic (the bridge linking 3mb with ikoyi) though he got away with my car charger as my reflex was fast enough to save it. he was even bragging for me to come down and fight him if i had the confidence
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by Bebetter: 6:10am On Mar 05, 2013
[size=16pt]You know, i was just discussing with a colleague in my office yesterday, does anyone know where we can buy "Pepper spray or a Tazer?" here in Lagos but i think a Tazer is preferable. abeg tell us... that kind thing eh... you go just shock the guy for head as you wind down... i swear he go piss & shit for body instata! grin grin [/size]

3 Likes

Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by Spycom(m): 8:08am On Mar 05, 2013
Bebetter: [size=16pt]You know, i was just discussing with a colleague in my office yesterday, does anyone know where we can buy "Pepper spray or a Tazer?" here in Lagos but i think a Tazer is preferable. abeg tell us... that kind thing eh... you go just shock the guy for head as you wind down... i swear he go piss & shit for body instata! grin grin [/size]

if you need pepper sprays call 08020325656
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by Burger01(m): 8:23am On Mar 05, 2013
Bebetter: [size=16pt]You know, i was just discussing with a colleague in my office yesterday, does anyone know where we can buy "Pepper spray or a Tazer?" here in Lagos but i think a Tazer is preferable. abeg tell us... that kind thing eh... you go just shock the guy for head as you wind down... i swear he go piss & shit for body instata! grin grin [/size]
Lol.. Good one. As for me, I need pepper spray, Tazer and a semi automatic chrome plated piece..
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by sherfizle(m): 8:36am On Mar 05, 2013
cigie: Now I want to ask, if you just ignore the guy...do you want to tell me he'll pull out the gun and shoot at you in that heavy traffic where escape would be hard for him...he's gonna have the guts to do that? Is wa for Lagos sha
Bro, escape is the easiest thing for an armed thief in Nigeria, we are all scared people. Moreover, i don't think endangering my life over possibilities is a good idea.
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by sherfizle(m): 8:41am On Mar 05, 2013
tucute: please guys, when driving in a traffic,just wind up your side glasses whether its an A.C compliant car or not, once you are out of traffic and on the free flowing access roads , you can wind down...Cos even if your glass is tapped by a rogue, you can still manoeuvre your way out while your glass is wound up...Winding down gives them direct access and outright courage to extract the persons belongings..
Bros, i pray you dont experiece it. I'm always on AC, whether in hold up or not. The thing is they don't care whether your glass is up or down, they track people down in a very heavy traffic where there's no place to turn to. If you read my story well, you'll understand the situation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

19 Year Old Ghanian Girl Commits Suicide After S*X Tape Leaks Online (photos) / How To Create A Topic On Nairaland / Eight Students Killed In Ewekoro Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.