Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,038 members, 7,799,521 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

How To Mark Cr7 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How To Mark Cr7 (637 Views)

Is Hazard On The Same Level As Messi And CR7? / Hattrick For Cr7|where's Messi? / Who Has Had The Better International Career-leo Messi Or Cr7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Mark Cr7 by Frostyzone(m): 11:26am On Mar 04, 2013
We have all seen how dangerous an on-form Cr7 could be this past week.

Watching him torment the Pique, Mascherano and Puyol this past Tuesday, reminded me of Ronaldo of Man United yeo days.

The mesmerizing skills, the confidence and the pulsating pace of the man is a joy to watch.

And putting sentiments aside, Ronaldo on his current form is almost impossible to mark. Which doesn't bode well for my club Manchester United.

If Ronaldo should replicate his el clasico form against united, I'm afraid the outcome will not be favorable against the Red Devils.

But he could be marked out successfully if our defenders can raise their game and doesn't lose concentration.

Here are the tips on how to mark Ronaldo I was able to compile.

[b]1. Ronaldo is a very versatile one-on-one kind of striker that likes to run at defenders from the wings. Since stopping him from running down the wings is next to impossible, do the next best thing; Never let him back you into the eighteen yard box, as he's accustomed to doing. Stand your ground and try to stall him as much as possible so that another defender will be able to catch up and render assistance.

2. Cut off the supply lines. Without access to out-field deliveries, Ronaldo is next to harmless.

3. Frustrate him as much as possible by hard pressing him(man-marking) and crowding him out anytime he's in possession.

4. Anytime he's one-on-one with you, the inevitable step-overs will follow. Don't lose your cool and concentration. Wait for the last moment, then pick a side to stick out your boot. If you are lucky, an interception will take place. If you are not....oh well, at least you gave it your best shot.

5. Ronaldo is one of the best headers of the ball on the planet as of now, so you have got to be better at jumping up, anytime a cross or corner is swung across/in the eighteen-yard box.[/b]

That's all the tips I can compile off head at the moment. You can add your own three cent if you can think of any.

Cheers!!!
Re: How To Mark Cr7 by DandeNumeruno(m): 11:33pm On Mar 05, 2013
O boy, e bi like say your tips no work, lol! tongue
Re: How To Mark Cr7 by Frostyzone(m): 6:01am On Mar 06, 2013
Such is life, bro. Besides it would have succeeded if not for the stupidity of the referee.

That unwarranted red card spoilt our whole gameplan.

(1) (Reply)

Favourite Game / Spains Last Lost Was Nov 12 2011 / How To Frustrate Fans, A Book By Arsène Wenger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.