Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,723 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

Benefits Of Shea Butter On The Skin. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Benefits Of Shea Butter On The Skin. (64512 Views)

21 Benefits And Uses Of Shea Butter / Price Of Shea Butter Per KG! / Beauty And Body Use Of Shea Butter,almond Oil, Castor Oil, Glycerin And Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benefits Of Shea Butter On The Skin. by Nyeenye: 9:44am On Jul 30, 2013
And pls is ok for light skinned babies i read from somewhere dat it darken their skin and what can i use to treat the rash on a spot that i noticed?tnx
Re: Benefits Of Shea Butter On The Skin. by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 30, 2013
The rash could be as a result of mixing the sheabutter with the lotion. I have never heard of any negative story about sheabutter use on babies. We used it on my fair niece from birth and her skin was as smooth as anything. No baby rash or anything like that. Maybe you should consider mixing it with glycerine like greatgod suggested.
Re: Benefits Of Shea Butter On The Skin. by Nyeenye: 10:01am On Jul 30, 2013
honey86: The rash could be as a result of mixing the sheabutter with the lotion. I have never heard of any negative story about sheabutter use on babies. We used it on my fair niece from birth and her skin was as smooth as anything. No baby rash or anything like that. Maybe you should consider mixing it with glycerine like greatgod suggested.
honey86: The rash could be as a result of mixing the sheabutter with the lotion. I have never heard of any negative story about sheabutter use on babies. We used it on my fair niece from birth and her skin was as smooth as anything. No baby rash or anything like that. Maybe you should consider mixing it with glycerine like greatgod suggested.
ok tnx for the comment maybe i will get the glycerin n mix it with shea butter only n skip using the lotion altogether
Re: Benefits Of Shea Butter On The Skin. by Xsenga(f): 6:46pm On Jul 30, 2013
Pls, can i mix dey shea butter wit olive oil or lotion for my baby?
Re: Benefits Of Shea Butter On The Skin. by TopeMel(f): 2:11pm On Aug 05, 2013
@Olasheabutter:

can your butter be used on new born babies? and after how many days do we get a visible difference on the skin?
Re: Benefits Of Shea Butter On The Skin. by NEROSKY(m): 4:15am On Sep 11, 2013
TopeMel: @Olasheabutter:

can your butter be used on new born babies? and after how many days do we get a visible difference on the skin?

After all this praises, you're still asking this kinda questions... Look madam, go use it and see how it goes, what doesn't kills you make you stronger! So stop asking rhetorical question!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benefits Of Shea Butter On The Skin. by uwa007: 3:03pm On Sep 12, 2013
Please is it confirmed that it treats stretch marks? or it just prevents,cos am having an outbreak on my arm n i need a cure ASAP.
jennie3: i need shea butter,just found out it could treat stretch mark,i heard its been sold in wuse zone 3,can someone give me details?
Re: Benefits Of Shea Butter On The Skin. by zomike: 12:39am On Sep 13, 2013
The Shea butter is one of natures marvelous gift to man.
I hear there is the fake one mixed with candle wax but i dont
know how true.One good quality of shea butter is that it stops itching.
If any part of your skin itches try the shea on that that spot.
People react differently to different things natural or artificial,so it could be possible
to notice rashes,i once bought a shea butter soap,it was nice,i ordered for a carton afterwards
only to notice that everybody including the children started itching it took sometime before i could
link the itching to the shea soap.(too much chemical in the second batch).
Another wonder of nature is The Moringa,it is organic and can be used for both cosmetics and medicinal
purposes,it can be taken in leaf powder form,cooked as vegetable soup,add to salad,juice it.
The Moringa Oil and other Moringa products areavailable.The oil is scarce and does alot,
luckily it is available now in Lagos.interested?
Pls call 07037295991,08023005648,07044594203.
read more on our Facebook page,remember to like us when you get there.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Shea Butter On The Skin. by pweetiedee(m): 11:27am On Oct 05, 2013
mr skincare: We all know of Shea butter, what I think is that most of us have not realised the importance of Shea Butter to the World Market and the economy today.

Most women spends comparable amount of monies on Cosmetic Products that only contain about 5% of Shea Butter with the other 95% made up of synthetic compounds to give a desired texture and scent.

Compare the price of a Kilo of Shea Butter in Nigeria against the price of an imported jar
of cosmetic containing 5% or less of Shea Butter. Would it not be prudent to take that kilo of Shea butter and maximise it to the fullest?

Why not design your own skin cream!

Shea butter has been known to work well against stretch marks. It also benefits those suffering dry skin, dermatitis and sunburn, quick skin healing and cinnamic acid, which protects the skin against the harmful UV rays of the sun.
Since Shea butter is well tolerated by the skin, it usually does not trigger off any allergic reactions. This makes it ideal for use by persons with sensitive skin.

Medicinal Value

Shea butter is used as a base for medicinal ointments and has been claimed to have anti-inflammatory properties.

It has been claimed internationally to be an effective treatment for the following conditions:

1. Fading scars, eczema, burns, rashes, acne, severely dry skin, blemishes, dark spots, skin discolorations, chapped lips, stretch marks, wrinkles, and in lessening the irritation of psoriasis.

It is also being used as a sun blocking lotion; although the level of protection against the sun's ultraviolet radiation is extremely variable, ranging from nothing to approximately SPF 6.

In Nigeria, Shea butter is used for the management of sinusitis and relief of nasal congestion.

This is due to its hydrating properties which help in relaxing the tension in the face skin thus easing respiration.

The anti-aging benefits of Shea butter have been recognized internationally and there is a mind-boggling range of Shea butter products available these days.

Industrial Use
The main industrial use of Shea butter outside Africa is in cosmetics, such as moisturizer creams and emulsion and hair conditioners for dry and brittle hair. It is also used by soap makers, typically in small amounts (5-7% of the oils in the recipe), because of its property of leaving a small amount of oil in the soap.

The Vitamins A and E found in Shea butter help in keeping the skin supple and healthy. It also prevents premature wrinkles and facial lines. Vitamin F works as a rejuvenator. (Vitamin F from our local Food) Rough and chapped skin is soothed and healed. Shea butter penetrates the skin easily and does not clog the pores. Dry skin and dry scalp relief

•Heals blemishes and keeps wrinkles at bay

•Excellent skin moisturizer

•Reduces itchiness caused due to excessive dryness of the skin

•Cures minor burns and tough skin on feet

•Evens out skin tone

•Offers sun and wind protection

•Restores elasticity to the skin

•Restores lost hair lustre

•Eliminates scalp irritation caused due to chemical processing

BIO-ACTIVE GRADES of SHEA BUTTER (From the American Institute of Shea Butter) Shea Butter comes in different grades: Grade A; Grade B; Grade C; Grade D; or Grade F. When laboratory analysis is done, grade is determined by the presence or absence of various nutrients.

Grade A is the highest and best quality for cosmetics and personal industry.

Grade D is the lowest grade missing most of the valuable nutrients.

The highest grades are awarded to those butters with the largest Bio-active fraction (5% and above), a good safety screen, and rancidity value below 10. To that end, only the best preparation of unrefined Shea butter can earn the Grade A status.

Because of the limited amount of the Bio-active fraction preserved during the refining process, refined Shea Butter scores are typically grade C, sometimes Grade D, but never Grade A. and rarely Grade B. Grade F is reserved for Shea Butter not fit for human use. Grade F Shea is contaminated by micro organisms (such as mould, yeast or coli form bacteria) or contaminated with heavy metals (such as lead or mercury).

For comments, questions and observations kindly respond.
Thank you
what does dis oyinlew black soap do for the skin? How much is it? Where cani get it?
Re: Benefits Of Shea Butter On The Skin. by mrskincare(m): 9:01pm On Oct 10, 2013
@pweetiedee Oyinlewa Black soap is a brand of natural black soap made with natural ingredients. Oyinlewa keeps your skin fresh and smooth.
Oyinlewa is not for skin toning or lightening. It does not change the colour of the skin. With oyinlewa, your skin colour is retained.
Oyinlewa Black soap has the ability to fight skin infections so it is antiseptic due to the presence of some natural antiseptic ingredients.

Oyinlewa is available in selected stores in Lagos. However, we deliver to our customers.
Kindly call: 08024130609 or email: witsoftng@gmail.com to place an order .
Re: Benefits Of Shea Butter On The Skin. by Charz3(m): 2:16am On Oct 17, 2013
Yes, shea butter is the real deal. I ditched all the so called assorted body lotions (chemicals) a year ago, after watching African Americans (and even whites) raving about shea butter and African black soap on Youtube. I have never looked back and continue to enjoy using these natural products we take for granted in Africa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P-I0AgKZyI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DBlJGIaO6Q
Re: Benefits Of Shea Butter On The Skin. by jethro2: 5:44am On Oct 18, 2013
Nice thread and great comments. Few point to note. 1. Sheabutter is best use in the natural form. Do not heat, put in the sun or hot water to melt. It has been researched that it loses 70% of its potency 2. Know the source of your sheabutter and its genuity. Most sellers dilute it, most hawkers placed it in the sun and most sheabutter are being refined. 3. The production process of boiling affects the grade of your sheabutter. Please get directly from the main source. 4. Sheanut is mainly found in Saki area of Oyo. Thats the main reason they called it Ori Oyo. I work in a village in Oyo. 5. No matter the quantity you use if its not original, it will not be effective. 6. Original sheabutter can last for 2 years or more
Re: Benefits Of Shea Butter On The Skin. by mu2sa2: 10:02pm On Oct 19, 2013
I differ slightly with the poster above. l hav used shea butter for nearly 20 years and l attest that there's no emolient like it - it's the best cream for the skin. I always melt it on low heat and allow it to solidify at room temperature before using - this makes it soft for use as body cream. Note that that l said low heat and this is just for a few minutes - this does not cause any loss of quality.
Re: Benefits Of Shea Butter On The Skin. by Olasheabutter: 3:57am On Oct 26, 2013
TopeMel: @Olasheabutter:

Hi @TopeMe,

It can be used on new born babies; I use it on mine. It is one of those things you use continuously to ensure you get the best out of it. You may take a before and after picture and appreciate the improvement after some time.
Re: Benefits Of Shea Butter On The Skin. by onose01(f): 10:29pm On Dec 01, 2013
undecidedHey guys. Why must u allow such a beautiful thread as this to die off. I enjoyed reading all ur comments. I bought sheabutter some time ago but abandoned it. Am really gonna start using it again especially on my legs(developing dry skin there).
Pls don't kill d thread. Share ur sheabutter experiences with us or with me.
Re: Benefits Of Shea Butter On The Skin. by Gr8fulHeart(f): 2:00pm On Dec 02, 2013
hello all. nice thread. a frnd introduced ori to me. hers is treated though with essential oil i read it does a whole lot of positiv tins to d body.
@ onose1.... hp u dont mind my question.i went tru ur wall. r u a Jw?
if yes dt wil b real real nice... jst hola bk if u cn. thnks
Re: Benefits Of Shea Butter On The Skin. by onose01(f): 10:37pm On Dec 04, 2013
Gr8fulHeart: hello all. nice thread. a frnd introduced ori to me. hers is treated though with essential oil i read it does a whole lot of positiv tins to d body.
@ onose1.... hp u dont mind my question.i went tru ur wall. r u a Jw?
if yes dt wil b real real nice... jst hola bk if u cn. thnks
@gr8tfulheart, yes I am one of JW. Hw abt u?
Re: Benefits Of Shea Butter On The Skin. by gee4gloria: 4:36pm On Jan 05, 2014
Pls how do I know d original shea butter in d market? Sometimes I notice some re creamy and oily while some re really hard and dry.
Re: Benefits Of Shea Butter On The Skin. by Zaigs: 10:15pm On Oct 19, 2014
gee4gloria:
Pls how do I know d original shea butter in d market? Sometimes I notice some re creamy and oily while some re really hard and dry.

The Bulk of the ones I've seen are hard and dry and are often off white or ivory in color. But you know, when the sun or some form of heat gets to it, it begins to melt and can be very oily in appearance.
Re: Benefits Of Shea Butter On The Skin. by pweetiedee(m): 6:20pm On Oct 23, 2014
Natural skin care and hair care ingredients are the best. They are cheaper, safer and more effective than the regular ones with chemicals. Discover this natural ingredients and how to use them on. doyinsolardacandie..com
discover the beauty secrets regimen of yourfavourite celebs. doyinsolardacandie..com
Re: Benefits Of Shea Butter On The Skin. by naijainfogalery: 5:54pm On Jan 01, 2015
Shea butter is an off- white or ivory-colored fat extracted from the nut of the African shea tree (Vitellaria paradoxa). Shea butter is a triglyceride (fat) derived mainly from stearic acid and oleic acid.

http://www.nigerianfoods.com/products/shea-butter
Re: Benefits Of Shea Butter On The Skin. by anifatolu: 8:32pm On Mar 15, 2015
All products are made with organic shea butter as well as other natural ingredients. Give it a try

It’s Time to go Natural and say goodbye to potential harmful or carcinogenic ingredients
As the largest organ in our body, the skin absorbs up to 60% of whatever we put on it.
It just doesn’t make sense to use something on our skin that is harmful. Shea Moisture Products are all natural certified organic ingredents. They don’t contain
The best thing about the products is what is NOT in them: NO Parabens, NO Phthaltes,
NO Paraffin, NO Formadelhyde, NO Mineral Oil, NO Propylene, NO Synthetic Fragrance,
NO Synthetic Color, NO Petroleum.
Contact SheaOrganicBeauty to get yous now
Call: 07083062752
BBM Channel: http://pin.bbm.com/C00299A49
Facebook Page: Sheaorganicbeauty
Re: Benefits Of Shea Butter On The Skin. by CallMeNJay: 10:04pm On Jan 01, 2017
Shea Butter

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Drinks Bottle Of Gin To Impress His Friends, See What Happened Later. Photo / Children Of Dead COVID-19 Patient & Pastor Test Positive In Rivers State / Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.