Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,615 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Jonathan Announces N3 Billion New Grant For Nollywood - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jonathan Announces N3 Billion New Grant For Nollywood (522 Views)

Senator’s Daughter In N3 Billion Scandal / How N3 Billion Project Act Nollywood Grant By Jonathan Was Embezzled / Emeka Ike Reveals Why Nollywood Cannot Donate N3.5million For Actor Bruno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Announces N3 Billion New Grant For Nollywood by Louis007: 1:49pm On Mar 04, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan has unveiled a N3 billion package to help turnaround Nigeria’s movie industry, Nollywood, which has seen growth in production and sales within past years, but remains heavily criticized for low content quality.
The package, to be launched a “Project Nollywood”, will include grants for the best film scripts, a capacity development fund, and funds for supporting the industry’s infrastructure,” the president said.
The scheme will be launched in the first week of April, and will be managed by the Ministry of Finance in collaboration with the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, he added. Mr. Jonathan made the announcement at a presidential dinner to celebrate the industry at 20, held at State House, Marina, Lagos.
“I assure you that my Administration will continue to give Nollywood every possible support and assistance to take the Nigerian movie industry to even greater heights of success,” the president said. “I have invited the private sector to this dinner because I believe that they can also support efforts to further develop our entire creative industry.”
A previous revolving loan scheme of $200 million (N32 billion), announced by the president in 2010 has been plagued by complaints of inaccessibility. The president said only N766 million of the loan had been released. “I have asked NEXIM and the Bank of Industry to redouble their efforts in assisting the industry to access loans,” he said.

source; O*ILPRIN*CEE..COM

Re: Jonathan Announces N3 Billion New Grant For Nollywood by eddy1977(m): 6:12pm On Mar 04, 2013
Great
Re: Jonathan Announces N3 Billion New Grant For Nollywood by tpia5: 2:06am On Mar 05, 2013
good for them.

is anything budgeted for education, R& D, healthcare or technology?
Re: Jonathan Announces N3 Billion New Grant For Nollywood by lindaflorence: 11:04am On Mar 05, 2013
IS HE ENCOURAGING THEM TO GO INTO NOLLY WOOD, TO DIE LIKE OTHERS? PLS INVEST THIS ON OUR UNEMPLOYED YOUTHS TO REDUCE THE RATE OF UNEMPLOYMENT IN TH COUNTRY AND ALSO REDUCE THE RATE OF CRIMINAL ACTS. " REMEMBER AN IDLE MIND IS THE DEVILS WORKSHOP"
Re: Jonathan Announces N3 Billion New Grant For Nollywood by lindaflorence: 11:04am On Mar 05, 2013
IS HE ENCOURAGING THEM TO GO INTO NOLLY WOOD, TO DIE LIKE OTHERS? PLS INVEST THIS ON OUR UNEMPLOYED YOUTHS TO REDUSE THE RATE OF UNEMPLOYMENT IN TH COUNTRY AND ALOS REDUCE THE RATE OF CRIMINAL ACTS. " REMEMBER AN IDLE MIND IS THE DEVILS WORKSHOP"

(1) (Reply)

Chris Brown Confirms He And Rihanna Are No Longer Together / Celebrity Blogger Stella Dimokokorkus Hit With N500million Lawsuit By Lanre Nzer / Beyonce And Jay Z 'rock Havana' For Their Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.