Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things (2744 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? / Do Atheist Believe Satan Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things by MacDaddy01: 6:44pm On Mar 04, 2013
Any of these two things will do

a) God shows himself in public and his essence seen/recorded by hundreds of people. No room for doubt
b) God heals an amputee whether by prayer or fasting or deliverance etc
Re: What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things by Afam4eva(m): 6:48pm On Mar 04, 2013
The first one is not bound to happen, so they'll become atheists for life. Even if it happens which is likely to be the end of the world, it will be too late.

The second one has been happening. At least that's what we're made to believe. Though i've never experienced a live miracle before. Even if i do and i'm an atheist, i'll say the healed was not original deformed but planned with the pastor to deceive people.

There's nothing you would do to convince a hardcore atheists except God shows himself personally. Even if this happens, some might even argue that it's a projector that's been used.

1 Like

Re: What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 04, 2013
Afam4eva: The first one is not bound to happen, so they'll become atheists for life. Even if it happens which is likely to be the end of the world, it will be too late.
Too late for what?

So the first one is more likely to happen than the second.. Interesting...
Re: What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things by MacDaddy01: 6:50pm On Mar 04, 2013
By admitting that these things wont happen is admitting that either God doesnt exist or he is impotent to heal amputees or that he is too nonchalant to show himself.

2 simple things for God and he fails.
Re: What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things by Afam4eva(m): 6:52pm On Mar 04, 2013
^^ I've edited my post. I'll appreciate it if you edit it in your quoted message too. Thanks.
Re: What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things by MacDaddy01: 6:52pm On Mar 04, 2013
Afam4eva: ^^ I've edited my post. I'll appreciate it if you edit it in your quoted message too. Thanks.
Edited
Re: What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things by MacDaddy01: 6:54pm On Mar 04, 2013
Afam4eva: The first one is not bound to happen, so they'll become atheists for life. Even if it happens which is likely to be the end of the world, it will be too late.

The second one has been happening. At least that's what we're made to believe. Though i've never experienced a live miracle before. Even if i do and i'm an atheist, i'll say the healed was not original deformed but planned with the pastor to deceive people.

There's nothing you would do to convince a hardcore atheists except God shows himself personally. Even if this happens, some might even argue that it's a projector that's been used.

Wrong.

God can reveal himself but he doesnt care to

We have never seen a case of a regenerated limb
Re: What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things by ooman(m): 6:55pm On Mar 04, 2013
MacDaddy01: Any of these two things will do

a) God shows himself in public and his essence seen/recorded by hundreds of people. No room for doubt

a) After God shows himself, which is quite impossible because "no one can see God and live" according to the bible, he would still have to answer to the multiple genocide, r.ape, murder of women and children that he committed.

b) wake up from the dream, only regenerative medicine can do the amputees. God is too powerless to do that even if he exists.

Nothing can make me worship God, except if that God is not the cruel xtian and muslim God, i can still see to loving the Flying Spaghetti or the Pink Unicorn, but the xtian God - forget it!
Re: What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things by Afam4eva(m): 6:57pm On Mar 04, 2013
MacDaddy01:

Wrong.

God can reveal himself but he doesnt care to

We have never seen a case of a regenerated limb
Yes, God can reveal himself if he wants to. But he doesn't want to. At least not yet. Why would he even want to reveal himself. What would he want to prove?
Re: What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things by Nobody: 6:58pm On Mar 04, 2013
Afam4eva:
Yes, God can reveal himself if he wants to. But he doesn't want to. At least not yet. Why would he even want to reveal himself. What would he want to prove?

Permission McDaddy to repost this parable from one of jayriginal's threads..

A jet liner flew through the sky one morning, as they often do.

In the cockpit, as there usually is, sat a pilot and his copilot. This pilot was one of the best in the business, and everyone knew him as a benevolent man. Suddenly, a warning light blinked on. The pilots looked at it for a moment before springing into action. Switches were pulled. Buttons were pressed. Power was rerouted. Flaps were adjusted.

Still the light stayed on.

More switches and more buttons were pressed.

Cursing broke out from the flight crew. Panels were kicked.

The controls were frozen. The plane was no longer under the pilot's control. Worse, a mountain loomed in the far distance. If something was not done, the plane would surely crash. There was a veritable frenzy of buttons and switches, but nothing worked.

The plane would crash.

The pilot knew this, and he knew that everyone must be evacuated before it happened. A parachute jump had to be made. He sent his copilot out to the cabin to break the news.

It was in the telling that something singular happened. When the copilot tried to speak, he found that he could only speak to the passengers in the front row. Thinking quickly, he gave his message of life and told them to pass it back to everyone, clear to the back of the plane.

This the first row did. They donned their parachutes and told the people behind them. These people put on their parachutes and told the people behind them. Those people put on their parachutes and told the people behind them.

That was where the problem arose. The people in this row had not seen the copilot come out. There was no reason to put on their parachutes for what may or may not be true, said they.

Luckily, one person in that row believed them. He passed it back to the row behind. The message did make it to the back of the airplane, but only a few people believed it. When the pilot turned on the security camera, he saw a sad sight. Only a few people had put on their parachutes.

"It's a shame," said he, "that they do not accept my message of life. This course of action will bring them death."

"Sir," said the copilot, "it is only because they do not believe mere hearsay. If you were to turn on the intercom to tell them, or go out yourself, everyone would believe you."

The pilot sadly shook his head. "If they do not believe those who are with them, they will not believe even if I tell them over the intercom."

The copilot nodded reluctantly. After all, the captain must know best. Suddenly he noticed something on the security camera.

"Look!" he said, trembling. "It's that famous terrorist we saw on the news the other night! And he's dressed as a flight attendant!"

The captain scowled darkly and turned on the camera's sound.

"... to worry about," said the terrorist. "It was a false alarm, and we should be arriving at our destination in about an hour."

Many of those wearing parachutes took them off.

"Captain!" shouted the co-pilot. "We have to do something! I can go back there and stop him."

But the captain only shook his head. "One day I will destroy that terrorist, but we must let him keep his free will for a time."

"Free will?" asked the copilot. "That's the most totally evil person on this plane, and maybe in the whole world! Surely we can sacrifice his free will to save all those people's lives!"

"No," said the captain sadly. "There will come a time, very soon, in which everyone will know the truth. They will have to jump. And those who did not believe my message will know that they were wrong, and they will perish."

"I know those things!" shouted the copilot frantically. "We must alert everyone to the danger, not just the faithful!"

"But we have," said the captain. The copilot was about to argue, but then decided to trust the benevolent captain to be right.

The moment of truth came. The captain finally burst out of the cabin.

"Everyone who has on a parachute must now jump!" Pandemonium struck the plane. The faithful sang songs of joy as they leapt to safety. Those who hadn't believed the captain scrambled to put them on, but there wasn't time. Just as the last of the parachutists jumped, the plane hit the mountain, and everyone still aboard was killed.

The pilot received a medal for his bravery, but only from the passengers themselves.
Re: What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things by MacDaddy01: 6:58pm On Mar 04, 2013
Afam4eva:

Seems God is not worried about the growth in atheism and disbelief in him. Christian nations in Europe becoming so irreligious that even the catholic church has to beg for members
Re: What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things by MacDaddy01: 7:06pm On Mar 04, 2013
musKeeto:

Permission McDaddy to repost this parable from one of jayriginal's threads..

The point of the story is to show how much of a confused douchebag God is. Like the pilot, he chose not to use the intercom to let everyone know about the problems at once.

God chooses not to reveal himself at one to everyone but chose a few people and 3-4 languages that would be incomprehensible to most of the world.

Born in the wrong country and wrong religion?

Re: What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things by akinemma1: 7:16pm On Mar 04, 2013
MacDaddy01: Any of these two things will do

Saying you will not believe that God exists until he shows himself in public shows the level of your thinking.You are trying to say only the things that you see exists.Were you not taught abstract noun in your primary school?Don't you know that it is not everything that exists you can see with your naked eyes?Have you see bacteria before with your naked eyes?And does that mean that bacteria does not exists?You see how foolish your question is.Concerning the second question,i think since you want a proof,you will be the best person to use.Simply go and amputate your two legs,after that,inform me and i will pray for you.NOTE:IT IS ONLY A FOOL THAT SAYS GOD DOES NOT EXIST.
Re: What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things by MacDaddy01: 7:18pm On Mar 04, 2013
akin emma: Saying you will not believe that God exists until he shows himself in public shows the level of your thinking.You are trying to say only the things that you see exists.Were you not taught abstract noun in your primary school?Don't you know that it is not everything that exists you can see with your naked eyes?[size=18pt]Have you see bacteria before with your naked eyes?And does that mean that bacteria does not exists[/size]?You see how foolish your question is.Concerning the second question,i think since you want a proof,you will be the best person to use.Simply go and amputate your two legs,after that,inform me and i will pray for you.NOTE:IT IS ONLY A FOOL THAT SAYS GOD DOES NOT EXIST.

lol......the IQ of the average Nigerian christian
Re: What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 04, 2013
akin emma: Saying you will not believe that God exists until he shows himself in public shows the level of your thinking.You are trying to say only the things that you see exists.
How would you know a mad man?

Concerning the second question,i think since you want a proof,you will be the best person to use.Simply go and amputate your two legs,after that,inform me and i will pray for you.NOTE:IT IS ONLY A FOOL THAT SAYS GOD DOES NOT EXIST.
Lol, in short, your God can't do it..

If you were so sure of your God's abilities, you'd be willing to be the guinea pig. Don't tell me those disciples were killed for nothing. They put their bodies where their 'faith' was... undecided
Re: What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things by akinemma1: 7:39pm On Mar 04, 2013
MacDaddy01:

lol......the IQ of the average Nigerian christian

Your response shows you clearly have no answer to the question i asked.Let me ask you again,is it everything that exists you can see with your eyes?Or have you not heard of abstract noun before? Have you ever see oxygen in your entire life before?And does that mean there is nothing like oxygen?Well your answer just shows, the foolishness of an average atheist.

1 Like

Re: What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things by MacDaddy01: 7:56pm On Mar 04, 2013
akin emma: Your response shows you clearly have no answer to the question i asked.Let me ask you again,is it everything that exists you can see with your eyes?Or have you not heard of abstract noun before? Have you ever see oxygen in your entire life before?And does that mean there is nothing like oxygen?Well your answer just shows, the foolishness of an average atheist.

grin grin grin grin

Let me help you with your ignorance.

-Oxygen and bacteria can be seen. Microscopes and all
-Abstracts do not exist in the real world like numbers etc
Re: What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things by akinemma1: 8:01pm On Mar 04, 2013
musKeeto:
How would you know a mad man?

Lol, in short, your God can't do it..

If you were so sure of your God's abilities, you'd be willing to be the guinea pig. Don't tell me those disciples were killed for nothing. They put their bodies where their 'faith' was... undecided
click this link to read the testimony of how God healed an amputee http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4247.
Re: What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things by Goshen360(m): 8:13pm On Mar 04, 2013
MacDaddy01:

shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things by akinemma1: 8:15pm On Mar 04, 2013
MacDaddy01:

grin grin grin grin

Let me help you with your ignorance.

Have you personally see oxygen before?I am sure you have not,if so,why did you believe oxygen exists?
Re: What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things by MacDaddy01: 8:16pm On Mar 04, 2013
Goshen360:

shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin

smh
Re: What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things by MacDaddy01: 8:21pm On Mar 04, 2013
akin emma: Have you personally see oxygen before?I am sure you have not,if so,why did you believe oxygen exists?

[img]http://www.brooklyn.cuny.edu/bc/ahp/SDPS/Atom.Oxygen.GIF[/img]
Re: What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things by oiseworld: 8:47pm On Mar 04, 2013
akin emma: Have you personally see oxygen before?I am sure you have not,if so,why did you believe oxygen exists?

I dey wait the ansa to dis question.
Re: What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 04, 2013

Re: What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things by Nobody: 11:08pm On Mar 04, 2013
If u can visualise d presence of electrons, den God does not need to show himself
Re: What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things by Nobody: 11:11pm On Mar 04, 2013
Shawnmayor: If u can visualise d presence of electrons, den God does not need to show himself

Is that a valid argument?
Re: What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things by Nobody: 5:48am On Mar 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

Is that a valid argument?
Yes. All you need to do is visualise God, and cause him to exist. An atheist is one who has lots his 'GOD visualisation' power...
Re: What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things by KINGwax(m): 7:17am On Mar 05, 2013
I rili dnt like to argue abt atheist cos logically to me, they're one set of a joke!!!
1. They dnt biliv in religion, yet, they biliv in somethin: themselves!! How is dt not a religion? Oh!! because ur own God, science haven't said so? We all knw d only tn u wanna hear is science.

2. We all knw SUBMISSION is not a language for humans. Unless being guided by a law, we are so unruly. So, man will do anytn to rebel and please himself. Atheism is jes an opportunity to be excused from religion protocol!!
In as much as they detest religion, we still av testimonies of God's existence from around d world!!!

4. If they truly biliv in freedom, it shldnt be one part. They dnt wanna be caged, yet they follow protocols in offices and institutions!!!
They wanted us to free our mind but won't allow
us biliv in wot we wnted!!!

5. Why do they try to convince ppl into bilivin wot dey biliv in? Are they lookin for new converts?

1 Like

Re: What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things by ijawkid(m): 8:04am On Mar 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

So this is exactly what you literally see when you take in a deep breath??...........
Re: What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things by ijawkid(m): 8:05am On Mar 05, 2013
musKeeto:
Yes. All you need to do is visualise God, and cause him to exist. An atheist is one who has lots his 'GOD visualisation' power...

Are you an atheist??
Re: What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 05, 2013
ijawkid:

So this is exactly what you literally see when you take in a deep breath??...........

Another foolish question!
Re: What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 05, 2013
KINGwax: I rili dnt like to argue abt atheist cos logically to me, they're one set of a joke!!!
1. They dnt biliv in religion, yet, they biliv in somethin: themselves!! How is dt not a religion? Oh!! because ur own God, science haven't said so? We all knw d only tn u wanna hear is science.

2. We all knw SUBMISSION is not a language for humans. Unless being guided by a law, we are so unruly. So, man will do anytn to rebel and please himself. Atheism is jes an opportunity to be excused from religion protocol!!
In as much as they detest religion, we still av testimonies of God's existence from around d world!!!

4. If they truly biliv in freedom, it shldnt be one part. They dnt wanna be caged, yet they follow protocols in offices and institutions!!!
They wanted us to free our mind but won't allow
us biliv in wot we wnted!!!

5. Why do they try to convince ppl into bilivin wot dey biliv in? Are they lookin for new converts?

undecided

So many pseudo-intellectuals these days

(1) (2) (Reply)

Names Of African Gods; Share Your Ancestors Gods. / Head-covering For Women-Zac Poonen / Please Christians In The House Explain This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.