Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,811 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night (4947 Views)

The New Traffic Lights At Ikeja And GRA / At Traffic Lights, Stay In Gear, Neutral Or Park? / Five Warning Lights That Keep Your Car Running (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by stonefaze: 6:28pm On Mar 05, 2013
Bros,stop 4 night 4 naija......dat na suicide misson oooo.a country where the cops even close at 6pm.who will b der 2 help u out when hell let loose.
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by Clemzy16(m): 7:10pm On Mar 05, 2013
Sometimes, we don't break the rules, we only bend it.
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by nke001: 8:01pm On Mar 05, 2013
I only see torch light usually held by those men in black.
If that is what u are talk, I respect them alot to avoid unnecessary delay.
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by stpat1(m): 9:12pm On Mar 05, 2013
Omo I dey wait if I am at Allen or Maryland round about o. Something in me always tells me those police guys ate lurking around to see who dem co collect suya money from. For afternoon even if is just few cm u take pass line, u're in soup

1 Like

Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by erniewhez(m): 9:32pm On Mar 05, 2013
The qtn is,wht is d reason for d light.ofcourse its to control traffic and avoid raffic jam. At 11pm to am wht traffic is there to control.u" be a fool to staand waiting for light to pass u when d road is like a graveyard unless ure ready for d real grave co
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by olusola200: 9:33pm On Mar 05, 2013
while waiting for the green light anything can happen niaja is not ripe for that yet
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by Tobiizzy(m): 9:56pm On Mar 05, 2013
In Lagos Nigeria anytime after 11pm I only slow down to see if it's safe to pass and take off
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by Karlzee(m): 10:15pm On Mar 05, 2013
grin neva
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by navygrl: 2:17am On Mar 06, 2013
For safety do at least a rolling stop. May look clear as you approach but so other idiot doing 3 times the speed limit may be coming through
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by abbeybanks(m): 7:24am On Mar 06, 2013
Installed camera or even if police check point is at the nose of the light I will not still obey the light at certain hours here in bini-city or any other cities I find myself obviously for security reason.
However, I do obey the lights religiously during the day.
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by mystikal(m): 7:42am On Mar 06, 2013
where the traffic lights na, na only for uyo and abuja i see traffic lights since i enter naija o. tongue
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by Venchy: 11:27am On Mar 06, 2013
Thanks David, sometimes comments like this makes you wonder if people are in their right sence of mind, partly leadership issue as well as lack of exposure.
Akin-David:

It's bad and i don't encourage it my wife even have taken after me any dirt in the car must reach house before i throw it away..Sometimes i forget water and gala sachet in my pocket.. grin grin grin
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by bayol2001: 12:07pm On Mar 06, 2013
i advise u obey traffic lights @nite..i saw a nasty accident some weeks back close to law school vi..the cause was because d driver couldnt just spend a min to wait..the accident is always very bad when u disobey. pls consider others when u use the road.

1 Like

Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by Confusion: 2:26pm On Mar 06, 2013
Okija_juju: For what?! angry

The Law closes work by 6 in Nigeria..

guy u know serios o
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by maxjax(m): 8:04pm On Mar 06, 2013
jagabanban: Never!

With the present state of insecurity?

Not in Naija.

Even if na mosquito cross road, na die for am!

lma0 grin

but those lights don't function @nites.... amber display is what I see though
Re: Do You Obey Traffic Lights At Night by bravolad(m): 10:57am On Mar 07, 2013
Traffic lights are supposed to be obeyed at all times. For those that live in Abuja, the lights turn amber from 10.00 pm meaning you can carefully navigate your way. This is also done in my opinion for a number of reasons; safety, security & less vehicular movement. But I have also observed that most people don't obey these traffic lights even day time. So sad. Especially in Abuja, everyone seems so much in a hurry. Driving through the Abuja city, you will see a lot of accidents due to impatience & lack of regard for traffic lights. The only reason drivers obey those lights is when traffic officers are in view to enforce compliance.

This suffice it to say that 95% of the accidents are preventable. Nigerians like to be controlled. It is usually very annoying when I see people driving without regard to traffic lights and/or safety rules.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Side Effect Of Over Filling Of Engine Oil??? / Can I Bypass My MAF Sensor? / How Reliable Is Honda Accord 2007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.