Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,080 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals (19472 Views)

Electric Cable At First Bank ATM Mile 12, Lagos (photos) / N65 Charge On Third-party ATM Withdrawals Takes Effect Today / Illegal ATM Withdrawals: How To Seek Justice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals by otokx(m): 9:28am On Mar 05, 2013
But how did you guys expect them to maintain their ATMs? They are doing the right thing.
Re: N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals by EasyArch(m): 9:32am On Mar 05, 2013
crackhouse: I am suprised that most of the people that commented here can't endure the 100naira charge. This is poverty at its peak, it goes a long way to show that Nigerians are poor people. na waoo
Shut Up there, its not about the 100 naira, if we accept this they wld come up with more ridiculous ideas, besides multiply 100 naira by the number of customers 1st bank has, do u know how many millions that is?.
Re: N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals by Pukkah: 9:48am On Mar 05, 2013
If FirstBank wants to implement this then they should expect many customers to abandon their ATM cards and enter the banking halls for cash withdrawals. If their customers do this, would the bank now charge 'cash withdrawal maintenance charge'? Whichever way you look at it, customers are obliged to withdraw their deposited cash - whether inside the banking hall, via ATMs, or through transfers and draft issuance.

On the other hand, customers should be ready to pay for the convenience that comes with using the ATM - at anytime of the day and at any day of the week including public holidays. It costs the bank to sort the cash and load the machines. I think that extra service (24/7) should attract a token.

People don't complain about money transfer fee or draft issuance but they complain about a monthly ATM withdrawal (in spite of the conveniences) fee of N100. You want to use ATMs across the banks for free even when it's not free to do inter-bank reconciliation. Mind you, you already have access/the convenience to withdraw from any ATM in the country and you don't want to pay a dime extra for the ease. Haba!

Some ATM users print out their transactions even when they don't need it. What of the security architecture for ATM transactions? Is it free? Aren't banks businesses as well?

I think what people should be asking for now is impeccable service at the ATM points. Insist on a service agreement with the bank or close your account and go elsewhere they don't charge. And if all banks starts charging then choose the best of them. That's free market economy for you.

Insist on: no long queues, no network failure, reduced cases of 'dispense errors', privacy while carrying out transactions, shelter from the rain or sun, security while withdrawing etc

1 Like

Re: N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals by innason(m): 9:48am On Mar 05, 2013
i think a detailed explanation is needed here. The charge is for using your ATM card in a given month,and it is a one off charge per month. First bank is not the only Bank that has started charging. At the long run all Banks will introduce one or two means of recouping the amount expended in cash movement and loading of this ATMs.
Re: N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals by Pukkah: 9:51am On Mar 05, 2013
mbhs139: Worse off is that they will still charge you COT on the account, and even charge VAT on the COT. Na first bank i dey work for ni?

You were being charged COT before the advent of ATMs. Focus on the added benefits (and added costs to the bank) on the ATMs especially outside working hours/day during which ordinarily you won't have had access to your cash.

By the way, COT is a vatable service.
Re: N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals by Elnuk34(m): 9:51am On Mar 05, 2013
disboy:

Guy, u funny oo, this little things spice d forum, but sum saddist will b calling 4 theur ban.

WHAT IS FUNNY ABOUT THE GARBAGE HE SPEWED? NONSENSE!
Re: N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals by sexiestharam(f): 9:51am On Mar 05, 2013
mbhs139:

just checked but their site seems not to be secured. a secured site, more so a banking website, ought to start with; 'https://www...'

always watch out for the 's' on any website
Their website is www.diamondbank.com. And it's http not https
Re: N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals by Pukkah: 10:10am On Mar 05, 2013
pseudonomer: GTBank usually charge me N105 for sms alert a month and N105 for withdrawing no the counter. I cancelled the sms alert anyway.

I'm not begrudging you on the cancellation of the sms alert. But if you run a busy or a high volume account, think of the other benefits of sms alert you've also cancelled. Or did you replace it with email alert?
Re: N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals by Decryptor(m): 10:39am On Mar 05, 2013
luvola: these people are corporate thieves.. Na so i go withdraw money for eco bank today festac link bridge branch near golden tulips hostel at amuwo odofin ... After the cashier wrote the amount i withraw for my slip and registered it on his system... He kon give me my money but unfortunately for him ,i kon count the money b 4 i leave him front , d money no complete and it remain 500naira to complete d money..d mumu cashier kon pretend as if he check d system to check d mistate.. I just laff because u registered d amount weh i wan withdraw for my slip , received d alert of d money weh i wrote for d slip immediately and u gave me money weh knw complete ...thief... Lwkmd
A bank where a customer had about N13 million in his account and when he died, over 8 million disappeared from his account. The bank did not even want his surviving son to have access to the account even on providing the guy's death certificate. I don't blame FBN, i blame the gullible folks who believe that the bank is indomitable and superior to other banks hence banking with them.
Re: N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals by mutoheer: 10:54am On Mar 05, 2013
Johnnoah1st: 2ND TO COMMENT? MEANWHILE I GIVE TANKS TO TECNO INTERNATIONAL PHONE 4 SELLING A BROWSING PHONE 4 ME 4 JUST 4300 NAIRA THOUGH DIS GUY ABOVE CHANCE ME FROM BEING 1ST TO COMMENT, I ALSO WANT TO APPRECIATE MY PARENT 4 RASING A WHOLE RANSOM OF 100 NAIRA 4 ME TO BUY RECHARGE CARD TONIT, I WON'T ALSO WANT TO FORGET TO EXTEND MY GREETING TO MTN NIGERIA FOR GIVEN ME FREE 10MB AFTER RECHARGING TONIT THOUGH UR NETWORK IS BAD 4 LETTING D GUY ABOVE TO CHANCE ME. My APPRECIATIONS ALSO GOES TO D OWNER OF D INTERNET 4 LETTING ME ACESS D INTERNET TONIT THOUGH I DON'T KNW UR NAME BUT I KNW GOD DOES. ABOVE ALL I WILL LIKE TO APPRECIATIONS PHCN [NEPA] 4 TURNING ON D LIGHT TODAY DAT GIVE ME D CHANCE TO CHARGE MY BATTERY MAY ALL UR WORKERS BE GIVEN D ACESS TO RECIEVE 72 VIRGINS EACH IN HEAVEN IN MOHAMMED'S NAME (AMEN),
How did this under-aged writer manage to register on Nairaland? The site is not for slowpoke
Re: N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals by Tafee(m): 11:24am On Mar 05, 2013
Johnnoah1st: 2ND TO COMMENT? MEANWHILE I GIVE TANKS TO TECNO INTERNATIONAL PHONE 4 SELLING A BROWSING PHONE 4 ME 4 JUST 4300 NAIRA THOUGH DIS GUY ABOVE CHANCE ME FROM BEING 1ST TO COMMENT, I ALSO WANT TO APPRECIATE MY PARENT 4 RASING A WHOLE RANSOM OF 100 NAIRA 4 ME TO BUY RECHARGE CARD TONIT, I WON'T ALSO WANT TO FORGET TO EXTEND MY GREETING TO MTN NIGERIA FOR GIVEN ME FREE 10MB AFTER RECHARGING TONIT THOUGH UR NETWORK IS BAD 4 LETTING D GUY ABOVE TO CHANCE ME. My APPRECIATIONS ALSO GOES TO D OWNER OF D INTERNET 4 LETTING ME ACESS D INTERNET TONIT THOUGH I DON'T KNW UR NAME BUT I KNW GOD DOES. ABOVE ALL I WILL LIKE TO APPRECIATIONS PHCN [NEPA] 4 TURNING ON D LIGHT TODAY DAT GIVE ME D CHANCE TO CHARGE MY BATTERY MAY ALL UR WORKERS BE GIVEN D ACESS TO RECIEVE 72 VIRGINS EACH IN HEAVEN IN MOHAMMED'S NAME (AMEN),
guy you too cheap oooo
Re: N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals by Tafee(m): 11:29am On Mar 05, 2013
nke001: N A I J A
It seems the private sector rules over FG.
undecided
Re: N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals by mykalls(m): 11:59am On Mar 05, 2013
What about the interest they are suppose to add to your saving's account after a period? For a long time now i have never seen any increase in my savings account even though i hardly withdraw any cash from it.

1 Like

Re: N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals by free2ryhme: 1:12pm On Mar 05, 2013
grin grin grin grin i dont use first bank ooo . if them like make them charge N1m
Re: N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals by actel(f): 1:44pm On Mar 05, 2013
chiover: I have resolved to be saving my money under my pillow with two hipper-cobra snakes manning my door and 5 bulldogs scientifically castrated as gate guardsm so don't even try to near my hut o
i lik ur style:-D grin
chiover: I have resolved to be saving my money under my pillow with two hipper-cobra snakes manning my door and 5 bulldogs scientifically castrated as gate guardsm so don't even try to near my hut o
i lik ur style:-D
Re: N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals by emmalezy(m): 3:25pm On Mar 05, 2013
Afam4eva: I thought the charging of 100 naira by banks was discontinued.

Its disgusting coz my useless bank Eco Bank removed 2000 from my account saying its 200 naira monthly for same maintenance issue, coz they had to remove it from last year. Na wa ooo
Re: N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals by madjune(m): 3:38pm On Mar 05, 2013
Johnnoah1st: ok

ARE YOU HIGH ON EXPIRED URINE?
Re: N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals by madjune(m): 3:41pm On Mar 05, 2013
[quote author=Johnnoah1st]2ND TO COMMENT? MEANWHILE I GIVE TANKS TO TECNO INTERNATIONAL PHONE 4 SELLING A BROWSING PHONE 4 ME 4 JUST 4300 NAIRA THOUGH DIS GUY ABOVE CHANCE ME FROM BEING 1ST TO COMMENT, I ALSO WANT TO APPRECIATE MY PARENT 4 RASING A WHOLE RANSOM OF 100 NAIRA 4 ME TO BUY RECHARGE CARD TONIT, I WON'T ALSO WANT TO FORGET TO EXTEND MY GREETING TO MTN NIGERIA FOR GIVEN ME FREE 10MB AFTER RECHARGING TONIT THOUGH UR NETWORK IS BAD 4 LETTING D GUY ABOVE TO CHANCE ME. My APPRECIATIONS ALSO GOES TO D OWNER OF D INTERNET 4 LETTING ME ACESS D INTERNET TONIT THOUGH I DON'T KNW UR NAME BUT I KNW GOD DOES. ABOVE ALL I WILL LIKE TO APPRECIATIONS PHCN [NEPA] 4 TURNING ON D LIGHT TODAY DAT GIVE ME D CHANCE TO CHARGE MY BATTERY MAY ALL UR WORKERS BE GIVEN D ACESS TO RECIEVE 72 VIRGINS EACH IN HEAVEN IN MOHAMMED'S NAME (AMEN)

ARE YOU HIGH ON EXPIRED URINE?
Re: N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 05, 2013
This looks like First Bank is copying PHCN in this free fraud. PHCN collects billions monthly from this illegality every month, even when they dont give light. Now the banks are joining the league. Nigerians must rise and demand that the term 'maintenance charge' must never be part of our national language. The banks are already charging COT and other charges from account holder's account. It amounts to double taxation which must be stopped.
Re: N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals by jpphilips(m): 4:18pm On Mar 05, 2013

what else is madness?
Re: N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals by initiate: 4:21pm On Mar 05, 2013
This is another Sanusi hypocrisy
Re: N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals by jpphilips(m): 4:21pm On Mar 05, 2013
you just beat me to it, i was about opening a thread on this subject matter this morning

FBN sent me a message saying that from 11th of feb 2013, all transfers to other banks below 500k will attract #105 while above will attract #150. it was 47 naira before now across board.

i have not gotten any similar notice from my other banks, which leads me to believe that it is not an across board directive from the CBN.

FBN is trying to set a precedence that will be worse than the ATM saga, we are talking about above 150/105naira multiplied by total transactions per day, this is absurd.

the CBN Gov. convinced Nigerians that the Need to go cashless was permuted to reduce cash transfer risk and logistics charges including cost of printing notes, FBN this month has turned it into an avenue to extort customers.

the internet infrastructure we use to facilitate those transactions are being maintained in part by both the customers and the bank.

this defeats the cashless policy of the CBN and it is more worrisome why the CBN boss is keeping quiet.

if we save money for the govt for printing less cash, cash handling charges, security etc, the least they should do is to charge less on those transactions.because we bear a brunt in the internet infrastructure

for a transfer from an FBN maintained current account, you are charged COT per tramnsaction, charged alert on the transaction(which i have noticed in recent time is higher than other banks), charge you inter bank transfer rate, charge you VAT on COT and sundry vats.

amidst this jamboree on your account, they hardly pay a reasonable interest on savings account.

what the new policy entails is that for every 1,000 naira you transfer from your FBN maintained current account to another bank (after paying for your internet),
you lose another

173 naira,above 10% of my transaction worthhuh? God help you if you transfer above 500k. Now if you dare transfer 1million naira or 500k on POS, kai! your account will squeeze face immediately.

what good reason does first bank have for these arbitrary charges? cost of cash handling over the internet? cost of printing e currency?

imagine charging me VAT on COT? VAT on the money you are making from my moneyhuh shouldn't it be the other way round?
why not charge VAT on SMS charge?

FBN are the latest thieves in town, im putting those accounts on hold pending when those Agbero in Suit realize that making money is not easy in Naija.

the most annoying of it all are salary accounts where you have to transfer to 50staff at a time, the bank charges alone is enough to hire an extra staff. Nonsense!!!

2 Likes

Re: N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:39pm On Mar 05, 2013
DTalented:

Onye ara na-akpo onye ara "onye ara ebe ona-anyi ara.
back to sender!
Re: N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals by jpphilips(m): 4:46pm On Mar 05, 2013
crackhouse: I am suprised that most of the people that commented here can't endure the 100naira charge. This is poverty at its peak, it goes a long way to show that Nigerians are poor people. na waoo

And you are one of the beneficiaries of Freedom of speech? and you deserve to have an opinion?

so you read everything i ve written so far and you think this is about 105naira. i don't really expect you to be smart but sometimes when some issues are way beyond your IQ, you keep quiet to save yourself some embarrassments.

it may be 105naira and 150naira to you but to me it translates to a very huge amount in the long run, i dont expect you to have the IQ to figure it out.

you think you are rich enough to afford anything your bank doles out to you? this is a true test of financial recklessness, you just proved that you don't have the A,B,C knowledge of making money.

let me tell you a quick story as a reminder,

before gani fahewehimi passed on, he took the federal government to court on more than 18 occasions on policies he believed were anti masses, was he the only Nigerian affected by those policies? was he the poorest or jobless lawyer in Lagos? less than a decade on, we now have come to the reality how well the other citizens who went sleeping fared.

just two weeks ago, a 79 year old man took to the streets to protest the smuggling in of an excess 0f 2billion naira into the 2013 budget at the behest of the first lady, at that age do you think you are better than wole soyinka? do you think you are more accomplished than wole soyinka? do you think the money will be paid into his account? and lastly do you think he is the poorest in this country?

let me give you a clue, the Nobel price as at 2007 was worth 1.5million usd, this price money in its equivalent was won by wole as back as 1986, do the maths on return on investments from that time till date, muddle it up with the fact that he is an accomplished writer who have sold priceless literature. can you qualify that kinda man as being poor?

young man, the reason i presented these facts before you is to give you a little awareness beyond your poverty ideology, i may not be able to convince you why people stand up to oppression because i have no doubt in my mind that you lack the mental capacity to handle it.

about the internet bandwidth you alleged, it is a lame argument but coming from you, i am not surprised, FBN is maintaining the same internet infrastructure of 2012 in 2013 and within the year ended raked in 54.12 billion in profits alone, how does the same internet infrastructure justify the 150% increment?

talking about internet, are you aware that some people before now had little or no need for the internet save for this cashless policy, a daily 10mb on a smart phone is enough to check your emails daily for most people,
do you chose to forget that the bank's internet infrastructure is useless without the customer's infrastructure?

do you think that before now those services were free? i want you to justify the increment not dance in circles.

poverty is a state and only you can decide whether or not to stay in it as for me, i refuse to accept a 150% increment on a service charge without provocation.

3 Likes

Re: N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals by Deiok(m): 5:07pm On Mar 05, 2013
manosteel: This is a welcome development, hope other banks will follow suit.
clearly you are no account holder. So you better stay clear of this topic.

2 Likes

Re: N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals by EmmyDe25(m): 5:12pm On Mar 05, 2013
Ur such a pig!!!

2 Likes

Re: N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals by begwong: 6:52pm On Mar 05, 2013
Pukkah:

Where did you read that they will deduct the charges from your account whether or not you use an ATM?

Do you know that some account holders don't have or even use the ATM card at all to withdraw cash?
what do u understand as 'monthly maintainance' fee?
d message frm firstbank is every month,wether u use d atm or not.
Re: N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals by meerah25(f): 7:23pm On Mar 05, 2013

mumu!
Re: N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals by DaWizard47: 11:25pm On Mar 05, 2013
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
None but ourselves can free our minds.
Have no fear for atomic energy,
'Cause none of them can stop the time.
How long shall they kill our prophets,
While we stand aside and look? Ooh!
Some say it's just a part of it:
We've got to fulfill the book.

Won't you help to sing
This songs of freedom-
'Cause all I ever have:
Redemption songs;
Redemption songs;
Redemption songs.
Re: N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals by zenatta: 1:06am On Mar 06, 2013

I'm glad you got the Oscar to boot. More will come, a Pulitzer, for being a good writer and who knows, a Nobel, for being so appreciative of the 'owner' of the Internet and the nefarious non-Nigerian Phcn. Keep being grateful and more doors will be opened for you.
@FirstBank, quit stressing my people
Re: N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals by arosis(m): 10:24am On Mar 06, 2013
FirstBank says they are 'Truly the First'. WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Re: N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals by Toppiano(m): 2:20pm On Mar 06, 2013
After govt, the next corrupt institution is banks.

Poor service, high charges considering that majority of customers are poor and many are illiterates. I quarrel in their banking halls regularly because they think they are helping me.

Can u imagine that I wanted to close my Access Bank Account at Ligali Ayorinde Branch and it took them 11 months after serious series of fighting.
Imagine I was on honeymoon and got the bank to withdraw. The queue was long so I moved the money to my other account only for them to tell me later that the account is on PND!!! They refused to reverse the entry. Thank God I still had some money, dem for spoil show!!!

Access bank is so wacked that when they charge some rubbish fees they will not send alert and they do that when the balance is high so I will not notice

As for me, GTB all the way, even they will charge me same fees, I will know what am paying for and not some rubbish First Bank

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Black Market Welcomes Cardoso With ₦960/$1, P2P Now ₦970/$1 / Paypal Accidentally Gives Man $92 Quadrillion / 22 Things You Can Sell To Make Money.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.