Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,533 members, 7,808,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? (20220 Views)

6 Things You Should Never Wear To An Interview / Is It Good For A Lady To Wear Trouser To An Interview? / He Missed An Interview Because……. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by Desdola(m): 6:50pm On Mar 05, 2013
Guys dont be decieved. If you have a suit, put that on to impress your emplyee. Impression matters but d most important is what you got to offer.
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by Philolos: 6:52pm On Mar 05, 2013
mariannlove: jst want to knw if its compulsory for one to wear suit to an interview/apptiude test. Pls ur contributions wil be highly appreciated as am preparin for an interview.

It's a nice thought provoking question. smiley Must one be clean, wear shoes, wear clothes, know how to read and write, be well mannered and polite, say “please,” use the word “Sir” or “Ma”? You sound like a very creative mind. Start your own company/business. And those who come and interview, don’t have to bother with the nonsense suit and tie. I’m tired of it myself. Billionaire Richard Branson bucked the suit and tie trend, look at where it got him. He is a billionaire. grin But don’t blame anyone if you can’t be gainfully employed. wink If you want to be a rebel, you have to truly believe in the cause, regardless of what the majority say and/or do.

Nice one bro.
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 05, 2013
@ OP, wearing a suit to an interview is not really important...

Feel free to wear just Singet, Pant, and Timberland boots to your next interview...

2 Likes

Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by morewealth(m): 7:01pm On Mar 05, 2013
A suit isn't the only way to look smart for an interview. If you are told that you didn't get the job because you didn't wear a suit is a lie the job isn't available that why.
All you need to have for a guy is a nice longsleeve shirt, a pair of trousers and a tie to match. You must put on a tie if not your dressing isn't complete. Even if you wear a suit and you don't wear a tie is a minus for you. And for a lady a nice corporate gown is best or a shirt and skirt.
But if you have a suit its nice but know that a suit doesn't mean that the job is sure other things follow. Moreover just dress smart and coporate for every interview.
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by Afam4eva(m): 7:03pm On Mar 05, 2013
Black Peni5: Nope...its not necessary. I once tied wrapper to a bank interview. cool
lol grin
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by victorD3: 7:04pm On Mar 05, 2013
No interviewer will reveal to you that your dressing is good or bad but as always the case first impression makes a whole lot meaning. If I'm an interviewee and the final 2 candidates scores thesame mark I will definitely go for who dressed well.
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by jmoore(m): 7:16pm On Mar 05, 2013
This hot weather...
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by Philolos: 7:17pm On Mar 05, 2013
mariannlove: jst want to knw if its compulsory for one to wear suit to an interview/aptitude test. Pls ur contributions will be highly appreciated as am preparing for an interview.
@OP, on the second thoughts, it really depends. If you are applying for a white-collar job and it outside the Silicon Valley area - meaning Nigeria, UK and elsewhere, you need a suit. If you don't have one and can't afford one, go and borrow one from a friend.
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by bossman4: 7:20pm On Mar 05, 2013
mariannlove: jst want to knw if its compulsory for one to wear suit to an interview/apptiude test. Pls ur contributions wil be highly appreciated as am preparin for an interview.

You can wear anything for test because most often that not, nobody will look at your dressing for a test. However for an interview, i always advice you go on suit, no one will query you with a well dressed suit. Depending on the area,they might not mind alternative dressing. I had my entry level interview with Gtbank in 2004 and i saw two guys with a omplete native (the interview was at Abuja). I thought in myself that they have failed only to see them in training school when we were called up. Like I said, if you are not sure, please put on your nice suit.

1 Like

Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by koolguy88(m): 7:28pm On Mar 05, 2013
it's not necessary to wear suit to an interview but i adds more marks if you do
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by cowgurl: 7:40pm On Mar 05, 2013
not necessarily-just be corporately decent, be confident, and also equip yourself with what the company is all about.
all the best.
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 05, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by eduno: 7:44pm On Mar 05, 2013
i cant believe we still debating over this issue.
someone please close this thread
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 05, 2013
If I were an employer and u come to my interview with anything less than a suit and you're a guy I will not employ u regardless of other ways u impress me. If you were a lady, I cn permit u not wearing a suit but u must wear a nice corporate blouse and skirt (preferably a skirt suit). The only time I'll permit anything short of a suit is for example during an interview where the interview venue is a construction site or other place where u might be required to show instantly your experience with a paticular technical equipment. I know I'll be a recruiter of labour one day and I have told u my opinion so beta take it serious. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by nenergy(m): 7:48pm On Mar 05, 2013
Suit or no suit, adhere to the company's corporate culture. Visit to "spy" on their dress sense. Notice how the "bosses" dress and replicate. You can't go for an interview in christ embassy looking like a deeper life member.
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by LeBlack: 7:48pm On Mar 05, 2013
Dress the way you wish to be addressed.
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by delors(m): 7:50pm On Mar 05, 2013
U fit wear singlet and boxers go ur own interview na...
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 05, 2013
boss-man:

You can wear anything for test because most often that not, nobody will look at your dressing for a test. However for an interview, i always advice you go on suit, no one will query you with a well dressed suit. Depending on the area,they might not mind alternative dressing. I had my entry level interview with Gtbank in 2004 and i saw two guys with a omplete native (the interview was at Abuja). I thought in myself that they have failed only to see them in training school when we were called up. Like I said, if you are not sure, please put on your nice suit.

Maybe it was a friday and friday is usually dress down day. Otherwise are they mad.
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by Freiburger(m): 7:59pm On Mar 05, 2013
@ topic, are suits meant for Africans in the first place? smiley
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by donpz: 8:11pm On Mar 05, 2013
Makes you look Presentable
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by kcsider: 8:12pm On Mar 05, 2013
be simple and dress fine. Appear smart - suit or no suit
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by Greatken007(m): 8:15pm On Mar 05, 2013
Una dey talk about the dress to wear,for where una see the job?No b wen they invite you u go know watin to wear,by that time no body go tell u b4 u go go borrow suit,THE CRUX OF THE MATTER IS THAT SUIT WILL ALWAYS CLEAR EVERY DOUBT OF IF TO SAY I KNOW I FOR WEAR SUIT,NO COMPANY WILL EVER QUESTION YOU FOR PUTTING ON SUIT BUT SOME WIL QUESTION U FOR NT PUTTING ON ONE.The big STORY,When wil NIGERIA ever have a president that will be suit driven?
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by mariannlove(f): 8:18pm On Mar 05, 2013
IYA NGBALI: just wear ur undies and the job is all yours,I wish best of rod
ooo c'mon guy, no sense.
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by jossygal(f): 8:28pm On Mar 05, 2013
Revolva: Omo d last one I went..I nak my jeans and tommy tshirts with ma NY cap..I no send suit
dd u get d job?
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by Bertbert: 8:34pm On Mar 05, 2013
please there is what we call suit and what we call coat. Dont wear coat thinking your wearing suit. There is also different job interview dress code depending on the type of work,banking too like coat and suit,while in engineering mostly onsite interview for construction companies warrants you to go with your jean , Tshirt and safety boots. So it all depends.
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by mariannlove(f): 9:06pm On Mar 05, 2013
interestincheesy
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 05, 2013
You wear suit for coperate interview like banks

You wear bra n pant for modeling interview

You wear coverall 4 engineering interview
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by bossman4: 9:21pm On Mar 05, 2013
12 inches!:

Maybe it was a friday and friday is usually dress down day. Otherwise are they mad.

You are right, it was a friday. Friday used to be dressed down in Gtbank.

1 Like

Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by AjanleKoko: 10:04pm On Mar 05, 2013
For a test, smart casual is fine.
For an interview, it's a formal occasion, and a suit is the most appropriate. Not cast in stone though, as some organizations are fine with smart casual.
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by mydi(f): 10:12pm On Mar 05, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
Black Peni5: Nope...its not necessary. I once tied wrapper to a bank interview. cool
Guess dey threw u out tru d window
Re: Must One Wear Suit To An Interview/apptitude Test??? by Gabrielsylar(m): 10:20pm On Mar 05, 2013
But u must wear singlets

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Job In Maiduguri: Do I Accept? / Rivers And Delta Indigenes Are The Least Interested In Joining The Army / Fresh Graduate Recruitment At GSK Nigeria Plc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.