Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,521 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes (24492 Views)

Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! / Aliko Dangote Is Richer Than Roman Abromovich / Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by naptu2: 1:46pm On Mar 05, 2013
From Al-Hassan Dantata to Aminu Dantata to Sanusi Dantata to Abdulkadir Sanusi Dantata to Mariya Sanusi Dangote (nee Dantata) to Aliko Dangote to Tajudeen Dantata to Sayyu
Dantata; the legacy continues. Read their story here

https://www.nairaland.com/891985/dantata-dangote-story-how-create
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 05, 2013
kaylaw777: Yes his rich ,his famous ,he want people to knw him, and they av known him ,but he don't pay his workers well, they work like slave ,they pay them little, and he dash out money just to make name and suffer his workers, he cheat the workers a lot .a company of 1700 staffs no union.I work with dangote group the cement factory obajana am a senior staff there I knw wht we ar facing

Resign and stop making noise.

Start your own business and see how it is.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by wayne4loan: 1:50pm On Mar 05, 2013
yuzedo: Oh daddy, daddy, daddy, am prouding very much rite now reading dis on my iPand in our yach-boat. you are one in billion man. ah, daddy, we must drink kunu and burantashi dis nite to sellybrate dis achivment of yours. Alhamdulilah. We must shot down our street on BANANA ISLAND, oh yes, allahu akbar. Praise to obatala daddy. Sanu and more money to be make from Nigerians, insha allah. kiss kiss
what d phuck are u talking about?
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by back2sender: 1:52pm On Mar 05, 2013
Okpara Ugo or wetin u call ur name the post is not for people like you that cannot think outside the box as u no fit see beyond ur nose.

Is dangote still not frollicking with current admin?. Check the history of his leap and tell me when this quatumm leap in wealth took place !!!. dat na small research for you to do as to kip u busy and expand ur IQ.

I dont want to drag uncle j into this and thats why i didnt mention that he stll gets FG support in one way or the order till this very moment.

I wont disclose much for now.
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Nobody: 1:57pm On Mar 05, 2013
matrix789: No succesful man in Nigerian business envioroment that did not put his hands into Dirt.

Why is every Government Romancing Dangote?

What stops you from jumping inside poto-poto like pig and come out rich if that is how to get rich in Nigeria?

Every government romances him because making money is like love-making.
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 05, 2013
back2sender: Okpara Ugo or wetin u call ur name the post is not for people like you that cannot think outside the box as u no fit see beyond ur nose.

Is dangote still not frollicking with current admin?. Check the history of his leap and tell me when this quatumm leap in wealth took place !!!. dat na small research for you to do as to kip u busy and expand ur IQ.

I dont want to drag uncle j into this and thats why i didnt mention that he stll gets FG support in one way or the order till this very moment.

Abeg disclose what i don't know. The only good that criticism can get you is getting lean.
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 05, 2013
How much is $16.1billion in Naira (at the rate of N158 to $1)? I'm too afraid to do the calculation.
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 05, 2013
CocoLoca: One night with this man and i'm made for life!

.. Should i drop my phone number? tongue

One night stand. Use your brain not your body...
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by naptu2: 2:08pm On Mar 05, 2013
In other news, Saudi billionaire Prince Alwaleed rejects Forbes ranking. Says they underestimated his wealth.
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Fhemmmy: 2:11pm On Mar 05, 2013
My time is coming soon as i am happy and proud of him
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Nobody: 2:16pm On Mar 05, 2013
koastar: Out of 7billion people in the world, Dangote is 43rd... God! undecided

It is truly shocking if you think about it. Truly shocking.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by salt1: 2:18pm On Mar 05, 2013
kaylaw777: Yes his rich ,his famous ,he want people to knw him, and they av known him ,but he don't pay his workers well, they work like slave ,they pay them little, and he dash out money just to make name and suffer his workers, he cheat the workers a lot .a company of 1700 staffs no union.I work with dangote group the cement factory obajana am a senior staff there I knw wht we ar facing

This is a negative attitude. Critics don't produce anything but criticism. If you don't believe in what you're doing, quit.
Don't let your stomach determine your morality. If we took your position seriously and boyccotted all dangote products, you'll be out of job. So don't bite the hand that is feeding you.
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by back2sender: 2:22pm On Mar 05, 2013
Mr Okpara go and do ur research,all this children of yesterday likes been spoon-fed. USE Ya HEAD.

Na una type make dem dey yab naija graduates left, right and centre as mentally lazy.
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by salt1: 2:24pm On Mar 05, 2013
koastar: Out of 7billion people in the world, dangote is 43rd...God, make me one of the richest men in the world.
I wonder what position the person reading this will be undecided

Your position is 6b 900 something million and 99th person.
Just kidding! Had F9 in Maths and still paying for it!

Good to see a Nigerian on the list. Yes he may have inherited a lot of the wealth from his Dantata clan but he has greatly improved on it. I hope he has a good successor plan

1 Like

Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Nobody: 2:24pm On Mar 05, 2013
Good for dangote..hey d road is wide and free..expect my name on d no one position soonest..just lock on
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 05, 2013
back2sender: Its only a child given birth to in the late 80s,90s and beyond will not know the source of Dangotes wealth.

So una think sey na the loan given to him by his uncle made him reach? or na sugar & salt wen he dey sell?.

Make we hear word jor, we nigerians dey quick forget things sha ooooo.
he has helped so many youths in nigeria to gain em-ployment ,even if he likes let him do blood money who cares,no be people dey steal our money carry am go abroad and so many youths in this country are un-employed.but am not suprised to hear what you have said,na people like u make the whites dey call africans black monkeys

1 Like

Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by kabaka1: 2:45pm On Mar 05, 2013
back2sender: Its only a child given birth to in the late 80s,90s and beyond will not know the source of Dangotes wealth.

So una think sey na the loan given to him by his uncle made him reach? or na sugar & salt wen he dey sell?.

Abeg, make u refresh us shocked.I go like hear the Tori oh grin!
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by baysol: 2:52pm On Mar 05, 2013
How this one come turn to garri for man kind?
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by adewex(m): 3:17pm On Mar 05, 2013
Clemzy16: Why is davido father's name not on that list?! With the way davido dey holla omo baba olowo (obo) for all im track one go think say na so the man hold money. Mcheewwww......
you are a Certified Fool
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 05, 2013
back2sender: Okpara Ugo or wetin u call ur name the post is not for people like you that cannot think outside the box as u no fit see beyond ur nose.

Well, if you want to learn and stop hating, his quantum leap happened when Dangote cement went public with a listing value of $14.1Bn. And that is investors money.
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 05, 2013
back2sender: Mr Okpara go and do ur research,all this children of yesterday likes been spoon-fed. USE Ya HEAD.

Na una type make dem dey yab naija graduates left, right and centre as mentally lazy.

If i only posses a certificate today, i will accept your label. You hate on Dangote cus you cannot improve your life.

Pls, what businesses do you run?
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Majoo: 4:05pm On Mar 05, 2013
But u can not the ways nd manners this Richestman treating his staff . He enslaved Nigerian nd Emriched the indians. All the positios belongs to indians but casual work are for nigerians
rodeo0070: With a net worth of $16.1bn as of March 2013, the President, Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, has moved up in the latest world richest ranking to number 43 from 76 in 2012.

According to the list which was released on Monday by Forbes, Dangote and the Chairman of Globalom, Dr. Mike Adenuga were the only Nigerians on the list.

Dangote, 55, however, retained his position as the richest man in Africa and the richest among manufacturers in the world with a net worth of $16.1bn.

Adenuga, 59, on the other hand, ranked 269 on the list with a net worth of $4.7bn.

The world billionaires, list presented Carlos Slim Helu, a Mexican as the world richest man with a net worth of $73bn, while Bill Gates of United States came second with a net worth of the $67bn.

Others are Armancio Ortega of Spain ($57bn); Warren Buffet, United States ($53.5bn); and Larry Ellison of US with $43bn net worth, coming third, fourth and fifth, respectively.

Forbes said, “To compile net worths, we value individuals’ assets, including stakes in public and private companies, real estate, yachts, art and cash – and account for debt.

“We attempt to vet these numbers with all billionaires. Some cooperate; others don’t. We also consult an array of outside experts in various fields.”

The past year has been eventful for Dangote. In October, he sold off a controlling stake in his flour milling company to Tiger Brands of South Africa and pocketed $190m in cash.

In February, his Dangote Sugar Refineries acquired a 95 per cent stake in Savannah Sugar in a bid to maintain its dominant position in the Nigerian sugar industry.

Dangote started building his fortune more than three decades ago when he began trading in commodities like cement, flour and sugar with a loan he received from his maternal uncle.

He delved into full production of these items in the early 2000s and went on to build the Dangote Group, West Africa’s largest publicly-listed conglomerate, which now owns sugar refineries, salt processing facilities and Dangote Cement.

SOURCE: http://www.punchng.com/news/dangote-now-worlds-43rd-richest-man-forbes/
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Desdola(m): 4:32pm On Mar 05, 2013
Congrats Dangote. I see him moving further in the list, i wld not be surprised if he makes d first ten in say 2 years time. More grease to your elbow, richest man in Africa.
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Desloaaa(f): 4:54pm On Mar 05, 2013
CocoLoca: One night with this man and i'm made for life!

.. Should i drop my phone number? tongue
as in ehhh!
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by tpia5: 5:28pm On Mar 05, 2013
CocoLoca:
No way sis.. I don't do minions, i want the big boss himself! cool Even my boyfriend will encourage me! grin My cookies are above market rate.. wink

oh, a shakedown scheme, you seem quite experienced, did your other customers tell you your vagina is diamond quality?

are you sure they hadnt eaten some stew prepared by you beforehand, with some type of water inside.

as per your boyfriend, how many of you is he in charge of.

sorry, i think you might be stuck with one of the minions, he [the minion] will be properly grateful you gave him attention.

small time now you go dey find married man to dump yourself on.
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Triple3Gayanfe(m): 5:52pm On Mar 05, 2013
Congrats boy!,well the glory of the latter will be far greater than this...small change..,imagine none has hit his trillion yet.well 9ja for life!
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Pacesetter2: 6:18pm On Mar 05, 2013
Rawshal: All of us cant b rich.if we ar all rich,who is gonna serve onesev.may Allah count us among d rich.
So if everyone prays this prayer & your acclaimed allah answers...think before replying & not replying without thinking
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by ideylaff: 6:30pm On Mar 05, 2013
JideJamez: I'm confident enuf to say that dangote no reach where obasanjo,IBB etc..dey. But those thieves can't declare their assets

its all invested in Aliko naw...King Maker and King na d same thing ooooo LOL
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Skoopy(m): 7:23pm On Mar 05, 2013

Bottom line is, He's wealthy QED.
Rather seek the giver of wealth to shine his face on you someday, instead of doing Bad-belle.
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by nke001: 8:23pm On Mar 05, 2013
Sai Alanguburu Dangote! Sai Aliko!
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 05, 2013
salt 1:

Your position is 6b 900 something million and 99th person.
Just kidding! Had F9 in Maths and still paying for it!
Your position is 6,999,999,999 richest man in the world. Congrats! grin
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by uchechrist(m): 9:00pm On Mar 05, 2013
[quote author=rodeo0070]With a net worth of $16.1bn as of March 2013, the President, Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, has moved up in the latest world richest ranking to number 43 from 76 in 2012.

According to the list which was released on Monday by Forbes, Dangote and the Chairman of Globalom, Dr. Mike Adenuga were the only Nigerians on the list.

Dangote, 55, however, retained his position as the richest man in Africa and the richest among manufacturers in the world with a net worth of $16.1bn.

Adenuga, 59, on the other hand, ranked 269 on the list with a net worth of $4.7bn.

The world billionaires, list presented Carlos Slim Helu, a Mexican as the world richest man with a net worth of $73bn, while Bill Gates of United States came second with a net worth of the $67bn.

Others are Armancio Ortega of Spain ($57bn); Warren Buffet, United States ($53.5bn); and Larry Ellison of US with $43bn net worth, coming third, fourth and fifth, respectively.

Forbes said, “To compile net worths, we value individuals’ assets, including stakes in public and private companies, real estate, yachts, art and cash – and account for debt.

“We attempt to vet these numbers with all billionaires. Some cooperate; others don’t. We also consult an array of outside experts in various fields.”

The past year has been eventful for Dangote. In October, he sold off a controlling stake in his flour milling company to Tiger Brands of South Africa and pocketed $190m in cash.

In February, his Dangote Sugar Refineries acquired a 95 per cent stake in Savannah Sugar in a bid to maintain its dominant position in the Nigerian sugar industry.

Dangote started building his fortune more than three decades ago when he began trading in commodities like cement, flour and sugar with a loan he received from his maternal uncle.

He delved into full production of these items in the early 2000s and went on to build the Dangote Group, West Africa’s largest publicly-listed conglomerate, which now owns sugar refineries, salt processing facilities and Dangote Cement.

SOURCE: http://www.punchng.com/news/dangote-now-worlds-43rd-richest-man-forbes/[/quot I'M AMONG IN JESUS NAME-AMEN!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ayodeji Adewunmi Quits As The CEO Of Jobberman / Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests / Donald Trump Set To Tackle Nigeria And Other OPEC Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.