Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,501 members, 7,801,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes (24488 Views)

Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! / Aliko Dangote Is Richer Than Roman Abromovich / Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by rodeo0070(m): 6:22am On Mar 05, 2013
With a net worth of $16.1bn as of March 2013, the President, Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, has moved up in the latest world richest ranking to number 43 from 76 in 2012.

According to the list which was released on Monday by Forbes, Dangote and the Chairman of Globalom, Dr. Mike Adenuga were the only Nigerians on the list.

Dangote, 55, however, retained his position as the richest man in Africa and the richest among manufacturers in the world with a net worth of $16.1bn.

Adenuga, 59, on the other hand, ranked 269 on the list with a net worth of $4.7bn.

The world billionaires, list presented Carlos Slim Helu, a Mexican as the world richest man with a net worth of $73bn, while Bill Gates of United States came second with a net worth of the $67bn.

Others are Armancio Ortega of Spain ($57bn); Warren Buffet, United States ($53.5bn); and Larry Ellison of US with $43bn net worth, coming third, fourth and fifth, respectively.

Forbes said, “To compile net worths, we value individuals’ assets, including stakes in public and private companies, real estate, yachts, art and cash – and account for debt.

“We attempt to vet these numbers with all billionaires. Some cooperate; others don’t. We also consult an array of outside experts in various fields.”

The past year has been eventful for Dangote. In October, he sold off a controlling stake in his flour milling company to Tiger Brands of South Africa and pocketed $190m in cash.

In February, his Dangote Sugar Refineries acquired a 95 per cent stake in Savannah Sugar in a bid to maintain its dominant position in the Nigerian sugar industry.

Dangote started building his fortune more than three decades ago when he began trading in commodities like cement, flour and sugar with a loan he received from his maternal uncle.

He delved into full production of these items in the early 2000s and went on to build the Dangote Group, West Africa’s largest publicly-listed conglomerate, which now owns sugar refineries, salt processing facilities and Dangote Cement.

SOURCE: http://www.punchng.com/news/dangote-now-worlds-43rd-richest-man-forbes/

6 Likes

Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by inspirenet: 6:24am On Mar 05, 2013
smiley

1 Like

Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by juventino: 6:34am On Mar 05, 2013
smiley wink

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Maxymilliano(m): 6:49am On Mar 05, 2013
smiley smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Nobody: 6:57am On Mar 05, 2013
smiley smiley smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Nobody: 6:57am On Mar 05, 2013
Nawa o,this man get mouth nobe small o. See as he carry sugar n salt hama ! Dangote startd growing immediately he brought out iodized salt and vitamin A sugar. I just wish he can invite me over for lunch so that I will ask him to bless me o. He can buy Arsenal now if he so desire but I wil advice him not to buy the club because Wenger's gay spirit will affect the sale of macoroni

1 Like

Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by chymystique(f): 7:20am On Mar 05, 2013
Congrats Aliko.. smiley
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by julimax(m): 8:00am On Mar 05, 2013
AND HE IS ONLY 55, WITH THE WAY HE JUMPED FROM 77 TO 43 HE COULD BE AMONG THE FIRST 10 IN TWO YEARS. GOD BLESS NIGERIA......meanwhile i never see transport commot why God no put me for that body sef, come keep me for this hungry one grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Nobody: 9:09am On Mar 05, 2013
When you have phd and master degree holders working for you as drivers, what do you expect? ... undecided

Just like connecting River Nile to your washing machine.. undecided

19 Likes

Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Okijajuju1(m): 9:10am On Mar 05, 2013
Great!!
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Scarpon(m): 9:10am On Mar 05, 2013
BABA GOD BY YOUR GRACE I WILL BE ON THAT LIST SOME DAY

13 Likes

Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by back2sender: 9:11am On Mar 05, 2013
Its only a child given birth to in the late 80s,90s and beyond will not know the source of Dangotes wealth.

So una think sey na the loan given to him by his uncle made him reach? or na sugar & salt wen he dey sell?.

Make we hear word jor, we nigerians dey quick forget things sha ooooo.

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 05, 2013
back2sender: Its only a child given birth to in the late 80s,90s and beyond will not know the source of Dangotes wealth.

So una think sey na the loan given to him by his uncle made him reach? or na sugar & salt wen he dey sell?.

Make we hear word jor

Confam!

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 05, 2013
If Dangote could do it without Electricity, I can do better with Electricity. May the Cosmic shower Divine Wealth, So Mote It Be!

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 05, 2013
His labour is now paying off.With this fit it shows that good things can still come out from Nigeria irrespective of the bad image some few challatant have plunge the country into

1 Like

Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by yuzedo: 9:14am On Mar 05, 2013
Oh daddy, daddy, daddy, am prouding very much rite now reading dis on my iPand in our yach-boat. you are one in billion man. ah, daddy, we must drink kunu and burantashi dis nite to sellybrate dis achivment of yours. Alhamdulilah. We must shot down our street on BANANA ISLAND, oh yes, allahu akbar. Praise to obatala daddy. Sanu and more money to be make from Nigerians, insha allah. kiss kiss

11 Likes

Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 05, 2013
chingyjant: His labour is now paying off.With this fit it shows that good things can still come out from Nigeria irrespective of the bad image some have plunge the country into
There is no Holy Country, every country has a negative side, Working our ass off always pay off.
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by tpia5: 9:15am On Mar 05, 2013
i think he's from a rich family.
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 05, 2013
Billyonaire: There is no Holy Country, every country has a negative side, Working our ass off always pay off.
What are you insinuating then?
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Rawshal(m): 9:17am On Mar 05, 2013
All of us cant b rich.if we ar all rich,who is gonna serve onesev.may Allah count us among d rich.

7 Likes

Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 05, 2013
Dis is what I call hardwork and determination,am sure wen e started,som pple discouraged and mocked him.. Now he is d 43rd richest man in d world-startin frm SUGAR and SALT oo.. He didn't complain govt hadn't set up infastructures oo!! He went 4 wat e want and see wat he has achieved!! My dear NLers', instead of comin here 2 hate on pple dat dnt even knw u exist,tke a cue frm dangote
He is a livin proof anytin is possible-as long as u workhard and ur determined!! Am meetin u @ d top padi mii

12 Likes

Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Kaxmytex(m): 9:18am On Mar 05, 2013
Mehn! C money
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by chukiz(m): 9:19am On Mar 05, 2013
Just wait I will soon be on that list mark my word. Well dangote congratulations.

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Biggyd2: 9:19am On Mar 05, 2013
Up Dangote! But wait sha oo. If this man has these businesses in like say USA e.t.c., and he is taxed (like he is supposed to), I wonder if he will still retain this position lipsrsealed. I salute you , your children's children will not see poverty. wink

1 Like

Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Sweetapple007(f): 9:20am On Mar 05, 2013
Good he is still far from first.
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by dridowu: 9:20am On Mar 05, 2013
God please do not forget me
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Egbagirl(f): 9:21am On Mar 05, 2013
yuzedo: Oh daddy, daddy, daddy, am prouding very much rite now reading dis on my iPand in our yach-boat. you are one in billion man. ah, daddy, we must drink kunu and burantashi dis nite to sellybrate dis achivment of yours. Alhamdulilah. We must shot down our street on BANANA ISLAND, oh yes, allahu akbar. Praise to obatala daddy. Sanu and more money to be make from Nigerians, insha allah. kiss kiss

Lmao!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 05, 2013
back2sender: Its only a child given birth to in the late 80s,90s and beyond will not know the source of Dangotes wealth.

Make we hear word jor, we nigerians dey quick forget things sha ooooo.
Kindly get ur myopic and narrow mind away frm here.. Dude,hardwork pays!! Stop tlkin trash.. Just because ur low selt-esteem wnt mke u succesful dnt mean others wnt be!! Mtchwwwwwww

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 05, 2013
Sweetapple007: Good he is still far from first.
Where your Papa dey for the list?Bad belle Mtcheeeeeew

8 Likes

Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 05, 2013
Billyonaire: If Dangote could do it without Electricity, I can do better with Electricity. May the Cosmic shower Divine Wealth, So Mote It Be!
Na wao baba olowo na God, atleast naija man follow get mouth for money level.Aliko plz b4 2015 try share bags of sault and rice to our mothers so that they will not vote for somebody they wish not to but do so because of bags of sault and rice.
Re: Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes by Nobody: 9:23am On Mar 05, 2013
Moving On to Greater things

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ayodeji Adewunmi Quits As The CEO Of Jobberman / Ghanaian Authorities Shut Nigerian Shops, Make Arrests / First Bank Deletes Tweet Asking Citizens To Bring Their ₦‎1,000, ₦‎500 Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.