Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,644 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market (10128 Views)

Fayose Paying Compensation Before Demolishing Illegal Structures (picture) / Okorocha Demolishes Illegal Structures/Brothel In Owerri (Photos) / Every Illegal Structures In Aba Must Go Down, Vows Dr Ikpeazu (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by asha80(m): 3:35pm On Mar 05, 2013
Okija_juju:

Are you serious?!!

Nna, I only discovered it under Rochas o!!

Odika Ndi anwuruma have increased under Rochas' government.. grin
funnily enough a lot of the spenders in these joints in and around owerri are not based there.the come from ph,aba,onitsha and even from lag here.some friends i know here in lagos you hear things like 'nna make i go owerri go flex'during weekends.that is why joints and hospitality centres around the town are danm too much(much to my annoyance to be honest) but then again since there is market for it why not.since the guys running these outfits are raking in lots of money(most weekends you might be stranded if you do not book a room in advance in any hotel and you do not live or know anyone in the town) i might as well think of opening mine later called 'asha guest house'.you heard it here first.
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by jaso1(m): 3:36pm On Mar 05, 2013
This sanitation should not end there; there must be consistent inspection and thorough search for any goods which are prohibited. These Igbo guys are not trust worthy. They can trade human parts in that market due to their antecedent climbed with Cliford orji scenario.
Please, his Excellency- ensures those who hired MASOB were scrutinize because there must be something filtching. Endeavor to scratch beneath the surface; some terrible things could be detected.

1 Like

Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by omonnakoda: 3:46pm On Mar 05, 2013
It is the traders responsibility to recycle their waste. Government is responsible for REFUSE. No where in the world is SCRAP METAL or hazardous liquid classed as REFUSE. That is why many of those traders should be removed from that market.Their pockets are not deep enough to engage in the trade of recycled parts. Normally recycled parts SHOULD NOT be sold in a market but in an indusstrial area in what is called a SALVAGE or Junkyard. Some people think any body with 5 million or 10 million can start trading recycled parts ; this is wrong. Such people should only be allowed to sell brand new packaged parts.
It is NEVER the government's responsibility to dispose industrial waste. They do not do it for Shell,For Mobil,Guinness,Flour mills or Eleganza NEVER.
Does government dispose waste for poultries? Why can't people think before vomitting nonsense?

1 Like

Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by Okijajuju1(m): 3:47pm On Mar 05, 2013
asha 80: funnily enough a lot of the spenders in these joints in and around owerri are not based there.the come from ph,aba,onitsha and even from lag here.some friends i know here in lagos you hear things like 'nna make i go owerri go flex'during weekends.that is why joints and hospitality centres around the town are danm too much(much to my annoyance to be honest) but then again since there is market for it why not.since the guys running these outfits are raking in lots of money(most weekends you might be stranded if you do not book a room in advance in any hotel and you do not live or know anyone in the town) i might as well think of opening mine later called 'asha guest house'.you heard it here first.

As your guy, I go dey get 60% discount o!! grin grin
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by Alfamann: 4:24pm On Mar 05, 2013
Okija_juju:

[b]WOW!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

We have identified one pissed off Ladipo trader here o!! shocked shocked shocked

LoL.. grin

Dude,

Keep calm, Eat Ugba.. grin

First of all sir.. I never said Ladipo traders should recycle their own waste. NEVER!!

Secondly I never absolved the Lagos State Government of any blames as well.. NEVER!!

However, all I am I'm saying is simply 'Because a government dosent clear your waste does not make it alright for you to live inside your own filth'. Only mad men behave like that!

We all pay our taxes Atleast I do, but I still handle my waste management myself. Infact, my landlord factored it into my rent. Now should the landlord default, I will take on the responsibility whilst calling the landlords attention to his negligence. Thats what grown up, sane people do.

Nwokem, stop venting jor! Come lets go to Ibari Ogwa and eat point & kill with Nkwu enu.. The demand for neatness in that market is ultimately for the benefit of the traders. A clean market increases productivity and attracts clients.

Madam Nkechi, wetara anyi Udeme na abu.. Nna'm a' ji iwe na obi.. grin grin [/b]

Nwoke m shut up there!

The end justifies the means abi? To hell with courts and all other legal means available to the government? Yes to tribal abuse of power? Is that what you are saying?

Which court order justified the closing of that market? Why not sanction individual culprits instead of a blanket closure on the market?

Your reasonning is the same reasonning of those that say all muslims are terrorists because some muslims commited acts of terrorism. When a state woefully fails in its obligations to the citizens, it should not be enforcing fallouts that stemmed from its shortcomings.
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by GARRIx10: 5:19pm On Mar 05, 2013
^^

The guilty traders have accepted the fault as theirs so why the whining and crying??

Aren't you suppose to be thinking of how to take food to your 32 brothers who are cooling off their ar.ses in Badagry Prison??

angry
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by dayokanu(m): 5:35pm On Mar 05, 2013
Well done Fashola.

Let them keep whining Lagos must progress

Anyone that has a problem with it can take a one way ticket to his village
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by Alfamann: 6:06pm On Mar 05, 2013
dayokanu: Well done Fashola.

Let them keep whining Lagos must progress

Anyone that has a problem with it can take a one way ticket to his village

You can never rule a people against itself.
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by dayokanu(m): 6:19pm On Mar 05, 2013
Alfamann:

You can never rule a people against itself.

If you dont like it, There are several buses in Fadeyi going to your village. Board one and stay there.

You wont ever need to worry about Fashola or Lagos again
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by Okijajuju1(m): 6:25pm On Mar 05, 2013
Alfamann:

Nwoke m shut up there!

The end justifies the means abi? To hell with courts and all other legal means available to the government? Yes to tribal abuse of power? Is that what you are saying?

Which court order justified the closing of that market? Why not sanction individual culprits instead of a blanket closure on the market?

Your reasonning is the same reasonning of those that say all muslims are terrorists because some muslims commited acts of terrorism. When a state woefully fails in its obligations to the citizens, it should not be enforcing fallouts that stemmed from its shortcomings.

[b][/b]
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by Okijajuju1(m): 6:28pm On Mar 05, 2013
Alfamann:

Nwoke m shut up there!

If out of all that I wrote on this thread, this is all you got.. Then your problem is bigger than Ladipo Market or tribalism..

You are just an enhanced specimen of a person. In terms of fucktards, you are 20years ahead of your peers.. #SMH

1 Like

Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by BUSHMAN1: 7:11pm On Mar 05, 2013
Okija_juju:

If out of all that I have wrote on this thread, this is all you got.. Then your problem is bigger than Ladipo Market or tribalism..

You are just an enhanced specimen of a person. In terms of fucktards, you are 20years ahead of your peers.. #SMH
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, dont mind him, okija sounds like you are the only one making any sense on here
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by dabossman(m): 8:14pm On Mar 05, 2013
PointB:

Imagine a big market like Ladipo without a central dump site, yet some clowns are praising the government for the inanity of closing the market. Why didn't the government provide this facility and see if it will be put to use or not before closing the market? It's little wonder why Lagos State itself is one big junkyard. A state where the government pockets tax-payer money, plant flowers, and then do fvckall with the rest of the loot.

Now taxpayers still have to plead with government to their job, in providing the simplest of facility. If this simple plea is not granted, I surmise that Ladipo, and every other markets in Lagos State and beyond will remain a sh1t-yard for aeon. This is very fundamental.

Shameful.

Dude, listen to yourself. A trader was quoted as saying they are losing about 500 million naira daily! They are generating that much and they can't take care of their own surrounds? They must wait for government to come and do their clean-up for them? How much would it cost them to employ the services of a PSP operator to service the market daily? Without the governments help they can turn that place to a model market and that's a fact.
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by CyberG: 8:43pm On Mar 05, 2013
PointB:

Imagine a big market like Ladipo without a central dump site, yet some clowns are praising the government for the inanity of closing the market. Why didn't the government provide this facility and see if it will be put to use or not before closing the market? It's little wonder why Lagos State itself is one big junkyard. A state where the government pockets tax-payer money, plant flowers, and then do fvckall with the rest of the loot.

Now taxpayers still have to plead with government to their job, in providing the simplest of facility. If this simple plea is not granted, I surmise that Ladipo, and every other markets in Lagos State and beyond will remain a sh1t-yard for aeon. This is very fundamental.

Shameful.

Let them go back to their villages in ibo land. No one cares on what your opinion is.
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by baron2000(m): 10:41pm On Mar 05, 2013
PointB:

Would dumpsite take care of illegal structures which forms more than 70% of the stalls.?

Shameful.
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by baron2000(m): 10:43pm On Mar 05, 2013
PointB:

Shameful.

Would dumpsite take care of illegal structures which forms more than 70% of the stalls.?
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by DuduNegro: 10:57pm On Mar 05, 2013
alfaman2:

I have two words for you: Victor Banjo.

And before you start defending him, think of these two more words: Oladipo Diya.

ojukwu was afraid of banjo, thats why he killed him. diya displayed more courage than ojukwu.

if ojukwu had courage he would have headed north to confront igbo killers. he instead went to harass innocent people in midwest. of all men that served in nigerian army none is as cowardly in character as ojukwu.
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by kolexy(m): 11:53pm On Mar 05, 2013
Okija_juju:

[b]Park well jor!!! angry

You think that they throw away condemned engine blocks in Ladipo?! Or that they throw away Radiators?! Those metal parts are sold off to these metal scrap guys.

Infact, the Market Union can better organize it such that on tuesdays and Saturdays, they will come for metal wastes.. take them and sell them off to make money. On Mondays Wednesdays and Sundays, Organic wastes.. On another day, Rubber wastes..

These markets are run by grown up adults. They should oranize themselves jor! If Government isnt coming for their wastes, they should arrange with a rivate company to dispose of their wastes for them. Thats what sane people do.

I have said it that whilst Fashola is scolding the Marketers, he should also scold the various taskforces, agencies and ministries that have been dealing with these markets and collecting monies from them for taxes, levies and all worth not..

But as far as closing the market is concerned, it is a good move. NOW THAT IT IS CLOSED.. Everybody can now see well how bad the situation is.

For a house to be well renovated, it has to first be evacuated. [/b]

You are right on point Okija. During my NYSC days, I couldn't use the toilet for 3 days because of the poor sanitary condition.Other Corpers were doing 'shot put', but I couldn't. I selected a toilet,and got my room mates to contribute #20 each. I gave the money to one of the cleaners to buy padlock, Izal and toilet brush. The woman washed the toilet, and we locked the place. That singular act encouraged another roommate to raise another sum (still #20 each) to buy sockets for the room. So, with #40 each, we were able to charge our phones throughout our stay at the orientation, and we also had a good toilet for our room. Other rooms in the block saw what we did, yet they could not just organize themselves. They spend a fortune to charge their phone. What happens most times, is that people are so selfish that they care about the enviroment. If, and only if we can genuiely organize 'ourselves', there would be sanity in this country.
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by Obiora4life: 12:04am On Mar 06, 2013
Okija_juju:

Nwanne, Amam ife'm na ekwu.. Uche'm di ya.

Anyi fu ife na adiro mma, anyi ekwu'o ya ka osi di. #PERIOD!

Nwanne, mu na gi ekwatogho na nka,

In an open market such as this one, even in DC to NY, the governing agencies clean the environment. The traders simply pay the fees. If they paid the fees and LAWMA or whatever they are aren't doing it, whose fault is it? No matter how we dance around the topic, those we are responsible for it's property are. Nonetheless, personally I do not know how they sell and buy in such filth. If I were a trader, I would have long abandoned that market for a suitable clean environment. This is why I'm saying they need to build their own complex they can control, free of the govt.
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by omonnakoda: 12:32am On Mar 06, 2013
In DC JUNKYARDS ARE open markets who are you kidding. There is no civilized place where salvaged parts are sold in a regular street market.Rather they are sold in A PRIVATE JUNKYARD and the government does not clean junkyards. Government clears refuse which is not the same thing as discarded engines or gearboxes or old tyres flung onto the street in hundreds. Next thing we shall hear dead bodies are governments responsibility.

There is a difference between brand new spare parts which may be sold anywhere even Walmart generating little waste and scrap parts from broken down vehicles leaking oil etc. The truth is scrap is industrial waste and NOT refuse
The simple parallel is a poultry which also pays tax . Should government clean up for them or for piggeries ?
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by Alfamann: 12:49am On Mar 06, 2013
Okija_juju:

If out of all that I wrote on this thread, this is all you got.. Then your problem is bigger than Ladipo Market or tribalism..

When a fool runs out of argument, he resorts to insults.
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by omonnakoda: 12:59am On Mar 06, 2013
PointB:

Governance is a social contract . Everyone's role is clearly delineated. The government has a role and people also have theirs.

Is is because most Nigerian have generators, bore-hole, that we now expect everyone to provide this facility for themselves. Perhaps we should build and tar our own private roads, etc.
Government role is to clear refuse not industrial waste . So the starting point is let us define refuse, Certainly not the kind of waste generated by the likes of the army e.g used shells explosives,etc or by poultries or piggeries, or hospitals or several other industrial processes e.g Shell or Mobil. That is beyond the social contract and businesses should make their own arrangements in keeping with the law. I cannot say I hate my person and when he dies throw his body on the road and say "social contract" . Government will clear refuse such as food wrappings and other waste of human activity,not scrap metal or other heavy items like engines etc. If I no longer need my fridge it is my job to arrange its lawful disposal. I don't fling it on the road and say social contract. Even where there are collection arrangement waste must be appropriately packaged and not flung into canals or streets. What seems clear is people have allowed parochial interest to becloud reason. Even if the whole of Nigeria was one ethnic group only the traders action would still be wrong and barbaric. As a matter of fact those pictures of the market we see are after about 6 hours cleaning over the weekend last week. So one can imagine what it looked like before or when it rains.
Re: Illegal Structures Demolished In Ladipo Market by EkoIle1: 1:22am On Mar 06, 2013
Obiora4life:

Nwanne, mu na gi ekwatogho na nka,

In an open market such as this one, even in DC to NY,
the governing agencies clean the environment. The traders simply pay the fees. If they paid the fees and LAWMA or whatever they are aren't doing it, whose fault is it? No matter how we dance around the topic, those we are responsible for it's property are. Nonetheless, personally I do not know how they sell and buy in such filth. If I were a trader, I would have long abandoned that market for a suitable clean environment. This is why I'm saying they need to build their own complex they can control, free of the govt.

Some of us sabi how things work in the US so slow down. Junk yards are private entities and they operate behind their fence and gates, they don't sell or do any form of business outside their gates, they don't violate city ordinances and laws, they don't keep dangerous criminals with dangerous weapons on their premises.

The state's case against the traders.

They operate their own government inside the market and they don't respect or recognize the state or local authority and they don't listen to or coordinate their affairs with the state and the local government.

They ignored several warnings to stop blocking the roads in the area, stop blocking public sidewalks with their goods, stop throwing trash inside the canals and keep their market clean.

After so many warnings from the state and the local government, shouldn't they have approached both authorities including LAWMA to table their case per why the market was dirty, why they occupied public sidewalks, why they sell in the streets, why they dump trash in the canals and why they keep criminals and dangerous weapons within the market instead of ignoring all the warnings by the state and the local government?

Obviously, they thought they were untouchable and only their laws and money counts and not the state, not the local government and the area residents they inconvenience daily with their actions.

We all have civic and obligations to still respect the laws and keep our environment clean regardless of anybody's action or no action, not doing so is very irresponsible and mean spirited.

Fortunately for the marketers, they have recognized accepted their errors and have since promised the people of Lagos state to clean up and do better.

This is a win win situation for the traders, the state and local government and the people of Lagos state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gunshots Rock PDP Primaries In Makurdi, One Injured / Asset Declaration: CCB Tells Tinubu, Others To Submit Forms Before May 29 / Gani Fawehinmi: Story Of The Legendary Legal And Humanitarian Icon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.