Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

10 Dead Bodies Found In Owerri Burrow Pit - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 10 Dead Bodies Found In Owerri Burrow Pit (17425 Views)

Dead Bodies Found In The Foundation Of A Building In Enugu (Photos) / SEE Dead Bodies Of Police Corporal, Inspector, Girlfriend Who All Died Over ‘lov / Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Dead Bodies Found In Owerri Burrow Pit by Geomac: 1:44pm On Mar 05, 2013
BY CHIDI NKWOPARA, OWERRI.
About ten unknown human bodies that are in varying stages of decomposition have been spotted in a burrow pit at Mgbirichi, along the ever busy Owerri-Port Harcourt federal highway.

Vanguard learnt that the shocking discovery was made a group of women, who were on their way to their farm, suddenly discovered two dead bodies that were dumped in the pit.

Scared by the shocking finding, the hapless women rushed back home to announce the development to their fellow villagers.

Confirming this to Vanguard, one of the villagers who spoke on strict grounds of anonymity, said “the community leaders quickly reported the ugly incident to the Divisional Police Headquarters, Umuagwo”.

Continuing, the villager recalled that after seeing things for themselves, including the seemingly fresh bodies and other decaying human parts littered inside the burrow pit, the two fresh bodies were buried in the place.

“Health workers under the watchful eyes of the visiting policemen later buried the two fresh bodies in the burrow pit, while the other decayed human parts, including bones which littered the place, were not attended to”, the villager said.

The new Police Public Relations Officer, Joy Elemoko, a deputy superintendent of police, DSP, could not comment on the issue because she was not able to get across to the Divisional Police Office, DPO, in charge of the area

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/10-dead-bodies-found-in-owerri-burrow-pit/
Re: 10 Dead Bodies Found In Owerri Burrow Pit by Geomac: 1:46pm On Mar 05, 2013
Ndigbo, what is happening to the land of the rising sun?

1 Like

Re: 10 Dead Bodies Found In Owerri Burrow Pit by pistol: 1:49pm On Mar 05, 2013
this is scary o.
the return of otokoto.

anyway 2nd to comment sha
Re: 10 Dead Bodies Found In Owerri Burrow Pit by TonySpike: 2:16pm On Mar 05, 2013
This is a source of worry...
Re: 10 Dead Bodies Found In Owerri Burrow Pit by feelamong(m): 2:26pm On Mar 05, 2013
GET RICH OR DIE TRYING!!

THIS GET RICH QUICK SYNDRONE MUST BE STOPPED IN IGBO LAND!!

TUFIA!!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Dead Bodies Found In Owerri Burrow Pit by GARRIx10: 2:47pm On Mar 05, 2013
Na wa ooo!!
Re: 10 Dead Bodies Found In Owerri Burrow Pit by solid3(m): 3:10pm On Mar 05, 2013
ive ni ne me neeba?

Maka whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
Re: 10 Dead Bodies Found In Owerri Burrow Pit by Okijajuju1(m): 3:17pm On Mar 05, 2013
Since Imo State is involved, I have decided; No Comments...

#Walks back to Ibari Ogwa. Orders 2 big stout and 1 Nkwobi.. #Sits back and enjoys the show.
Re: 10 Dead Bodies Found In Owerri Burrow Pit by baby124: 3:18pm On Mar 05, 2013
Na wa o. Na so dem dey kill human being? A lunatic is def on the loose.
Re: 10 Dead Bodies Found In Owerri Burrow Pit by Orblonde: 3:19pm On Mar 05, 2013
The failed state that is Nigeria.
Re: 10 Dead Bodies Found In Owerri Burrow Pit by 1shortblackboy: 3:21pm On Mar 05, 2013
And why were d bodies reburied shouldn't they have been taken for autopsy and investigation to determine how they died ? Nigeria na wa o ! undecided

7 Likes

Re: 10 Dead Bodies Found In Owerri Burrow Pit by Bodmas06: 3:22pm On Mar 05, 2013
Na wa oh.
Re: 10 Dead Bodies Found In Owerri Burrow Pit by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 05, 2013
Nigeria: Land of untold horrors shocked shocked
Re: 10 Dead Bodies Found In Owerri Burrow Pit by Regiblinkz(m): 3:24pm On Mar 05, 2013
Why can't I comment on the other topics eh kwa...that's becoming very common in igbo land
Re: 10 Dead Bodies Found In Owerri Burrow Pit by chadef: 3:24pm On Mar 05, 2013
Things like this shud not be hurridly published, what the police and community shud av don is lay watch for the next dump and arrest whoever comes to dump d bodies, how will d culprit be caught wen all is blown open in the air.

9 Likes

Re: 10 Dead Bodies Found In Owerri Burrow Pit by donbuchi1(m): 3:25pm On Mar 05, 2013
that part of town has got offensive odor from time to time
Re: 10 Dead Bodies Found In Owerri Burrow Pit by benpuzzy(m): 3:25pm On Mar 05, 2013
May their gentle souls rest in perfect peace at d bossom of our Lord and may d spirit of d dead haunt d perpetrators of dis evil act till they come to repentance, Amen.

1 Like

Re: 10 Dead Bodies Found In Owerri Burrow Pit by Sezua(m): 3:25pm On Mar 05, 2013
hahaha
sum blood naija polikilers politicians stuff
Re: 10 Dead Bodies Found In Owerri Burrow Pit by BBPREYEgarri: 3:27pm On Mar 05, 2013
Geomac: BY CHIDI NKWOPARA, OWERRI.
About ten unknown human bodies that are in varying stages of decomposition have been spotted in a burrow pit at Mgbirichi, along the ever busy Owerri-Port Harcourt federal highway.

Vanguard learnt that the shocking discovery was made a group of women, who were on their way to their farm, suddenly discovered two dead bodies that were dumped in the pit.

Scared by the shocking finding, the hapless women rushed back home to announce the development to their fellow villagers.

Confirming this to Vanguard, one of the villagers who spoke on strict grounds of anonymity, said “the community leaders quickly reported the ugly incident to the Divisional Police Headquarters, Umuagwo”.

Continuing, the villager recalled that after seeing things for themselves, including the seemingly fresh bodies and other decaying human parts littered inside the burrow pit, the two fresh bodies were buried in the place.

“Health workers under the watchful eyes of the visiting policemen later buried the two fresh bodies in the burrow pit, while the other decayed human parts, including bones which littered the place, were not attended to”, the villager said.

The new Police Public Relations Officer, Joy Elemoko, a deputy superintendent of police, DSP, could not comment on the issue because she was not able to get across to the Divisional Police Office, DPO, in charge of the area

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/10-dead-bodies-found-in-owerri-burrow-pit/

And so?

1 Like

Re: 10 Dead Bodies Found In Owerri Burrow Pit by BlueMurder(m): 3:37pm On Mar 05, 2013
Geomac:

Health workers under the watchful eyes of the visiting policemen later buried the two fresh bodies in the burrow pit, while the other decayed human parts, including bones which littered the place, were not attended to”, the villager said.

Without any sort of investigation shocked
Re: 10 Dead Bodies Found In Owerri Burrow Pit by udytex: 3:38pm On Mar 05, 2013
Dats y I will never marry an Igbo person no matter how rich he is..tufiakwa....ritualist on the prowl!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Dead Bodies Found In Owerri Burrow Pit by udytex: 3:38pm On Mar 05, 2013
Dats y I will never marry an Igbo person no matter how rich he is..tufiakwa....ritualists on the prowl!!!
Re: 10 Dead Bodies Found In Owerri Burrow Pit by Tolexander: 3:43pm On Mar 05, 2013
This thing don tire me o. Cos i no sabi how i go explain how e take dey happen.
Water get source wey dey flow human dead body instead of water.
Land dey cultivate dead body like e dey cultivate plant.
I dey fear o. Cos the next thing wey person go hear be say heaven don dey fall human dead body instead of rain.
Re: 10 Dead Bodies Found In Owerri Burrow Pit by Geomac: 3:44pm On Mar 05, 2013
udytex: Dats y I will never marry an Igbo person no matter how rich he is..tufiakwa....ritualists on the prowl!!!

What has marriage got to do with this?

1 Like

Re: 10 Dead Bodies Found In Owerri Burrow Pit by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 05, 2013
Probably another round of extra-judicial killings.

It's Nigeria where life is cheap. On to the next one I guess!
Re: 10 Dead Bodies Found In Owerri Burrow Pit by yuzedo: 3:48pm On Mar 05, 2013
OMGGGG!!!! Were they dead when they dug them out?? undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/1214376/yuzedo-writes-how-he-lost

1 Like

Re: 10 Dead Bodies Found In Owerri Burrow Pit by masu: 3:50pm On Mar 05, 2013
fulani and nigeria soldiers on their secret moves,
but God is watching

1 Like

Re: 10 Dead Bodies Found In Owerri Burrow Pit by victorazy(m): 3:51pm On Mar 05, 2013
1 shortblackboy: And why were d bodies reburied shouldn't they have been taken for autopsy and investigation to determine how they died ? Nigeria na wa o ! undecided

That's one of the characteristics of black man, very closed to animal, am ashamed but can't change my skin, Jackson tried it and never lived.
Re: 10 Dead Bodies Found In Owerri Burrow Pit by metti(m): 3:51pm On Mar 05, 2013
1 shortblackboy: And why were d bodies reburied shouldn't they have been taken for autopsy and investigation to determine how they died ? Nigeria na wa o ! undecided

That is Nigerian Police for you. They lack what it takes to investigate. I am sure some of those people have been declared missing by their families. Incompetent men in uniform!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Dead Bodies Found In Owerri Burrow Pit by melomelo: 3:51pm On Mar 05, 2013
Bad bad issues like ritualist, killings to common to igbo-land. Money, money, money anyhow. Lazy ppl.
Re: 10 Dead Bodies Found In Owerri Burrow Pit by metti(m): 3:56pm On Mar 05, 2013
angry angry
udytex: Dats y I will never marry an Igbo person no matter how rich he is..tufiakwa....ritualist on the prowl!!!

You must be very childish!
Re: 10 Dead Bodies Found In Owerri Burrow Pit by melomelo: 4:04pm On Mar 05, 2013
metti: angry angry

You must be very childish!
For me too, thank God say I no made mistake go marry Igbo lady, that eastern too dangerous

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Accuses Police Of Killing His Brother In Rivers State / Developer Defrauds New Couple, 11 Others From Kirikiri Prison (pic) / Lagos Court Jails Italian Widow Over Property Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.