Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad (54225 Views)

Post Pictures/ Profile Of Notable Nigerians Who Attended Your University. / Helpful Tips For Newly Admitted Students / Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by ahmakar(f): 2:14pm On Dec 11, 2013
Hello, I'm a graduate of economics but I want to further in international business and relations. What's your advice on that. By the way I really want to school abroad though.
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 12, 2013
ahmakar: Hello, I'm a graduate of economics but I want to further in international business and relations. What's your advice on that. By the way I really want to school abroad though.
Hi there...its a good choice to further your studies abroad....but it all depends on your sponsor's pocket and financial power, which I don't really know. If its for masters courses...you will definitely find good options for free masters degree scholarships in European universities like NTNU....

If your parents or guardian can foot the bill, London School of Economics is a good destination...but to me, I would advice you to go to Lagos Business School (PAN African University) located along Lekki-Epe expressway....before Shonketedo...after Ajah...their fee is around 3 to 4 million....including accommodation if you don't have one already in Lagos...but I am sure you won't regret studying there.

I hope the above answered your question

1 Like

Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by benson3788(m): 9:46am On Dec 17, 2013
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 17, 2013
benson3788: What masters program can someone with a Psychology degree do abroad, aside Psychology?
Criminology is a good one. Guidance and counselling is also good. There are many...but u ought to know the direction u want to deviate to and the area you have passion for, go for it than going for just what's in vogue.
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by christ4mi(f): 3:33pm On Dec 18, 2013
I studied Geology, and I graduated with a 3rd class degree. I have the financial means of furthering my education in UK, I want to do my masters in either Business and managment or Project management. They are schools with Pre masters program. Any tip for me?
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by benson3788(m): 6:04pm On Dec 18, 2013
DailyNews: Criminology is a good one. Guidance and counselling is also good. There are many...but u ought to know the direction u want to deviate to and the area you have passion for, go for it than going for just what's in vogue.

What about masters in "Human Resources Management"?
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 18, 2013
christ4mi: I studied Geology, and I graduated with a 3rd class degree. I have the financial means of furthering my education in UK, I want to do my masters in either Business and managment or Project management. They are schools with Pre masters program. Any tip for me?
Yes, Project management is cool, go for it. There are some professional certifications for well cementing, seismic analysis and exploration, etc that u also need to do to back you up and increase your chances of securing a job in the oil field. Some of them u will find in Dubai mostly. Short course....2 months...there is one that started this month but the registration began last 3 months. You need them and then project management. Why not consider some schools in Norway, where you will not pay tuition fee but then carter for your feeding, accommodation, etc

Uk is okay....Liverpool uni is okay....shefield is okay for project management too. But pls forget business mgt and go for project mgt.

But do u have any work experience so far
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 18, 2013
benson3788:

What about masters in "Human Resources Management"?
yes, that's also cool...a very nice option too.
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by ministerblessed: 7:38pm On Dec 18, 2013
Hi,I studied marketing but will like 2do my msc in advertising.wot do u advise? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by chrisviral(m): 10:05pm On Dec 18, 2013
Want to study abroad yet economically dis-advantaged to so, then you need to apply for this scholarship, all expense and transport and everything plus allowance to the best uni in d world..

www.nairaland.com/1558068/mastercard-foundation-scholarship-enter-here

Graduate and undergraduates, deadline r around d corner
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by berryldilty(f): 12:01am On Dec 19, 2013
which country is suitable for architecture
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 20, 2013
ministerblessed: Hi,I studied marketing but will like 2do my msc in advertising.wot do u advise? Thanks in anticipation.
Nope, it will be better for you to go for an MBA and maybe get some professional course certification on advertising. Go for an MBA, it has a better prospect and you still perform the role of an advertiser even as an MBA holder. I hope this helps
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 20, 2013
berryldilty: which country is suitable for architecture
Italy, UK and Germany. But I would suggest you go for UK because of English preference.
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by rapcy(m): 9:07pm On Dec 20, 2013
Good Job Bro.What of computer science, undergraduate level. With affordable tution fee...
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by newmuna(f): 9:18pm On Dec 20, 2013
Good evening sir,Nice job your are doing here.Remain blessed. please l need your advice.What professional certificated course or master will be good for a 2nd class lower graduate from Applied microbiology and brewing.Although in love with pharmaceuticals, but will appreciate your advice. thanks.
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 21, 2013
newmuna: Good evening sir,Nice job your are doing here.Remain blessed. please l need your advice.What professional certificated course or master will be good for a 2nd class lower graduate from Applied microbiology and brewing.Although in love with pharmaceuticals, but will appreciate your advice. thanks.
you're welcome Newmuna...pharmacy is a wonderful course that will keep trending till next decade. Honestly, I do not know much about Microbiology certification courses...I don't advice people on what I know nothing about so I don't mislead them. But if you can do something on pharmacy, you won't regret it. You also may need safety certifications....pure industrial safety up to level 3 or occupational safety based on your field. Google: IOSH and check their safety certification courses and see if any interests you. I hope this helps? If not, let me know...I will make a proper enquiry for you, do have a lovely weekend.
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 21, 2013
rapcy: Good Job Bro.What of computer science, undergraduate level. With affordable tution fee...
India or Pakistan will be a good destination. Preferably, India. So check University of Bombay....Madras Inst of Tech....and others for more details. But I can tell you that studying Comp. Science in India worths it...I have some friends who studied there and are doing excellently today, so try India. And may God bless you too. Enjoy your weekend.
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by rapcy(m): 2:34pm On Dec 22, 2013
DailyNews: India or Pakistan will be a good destination. Preferably, India. So check University of Bombay....Madras Inst of Tech....and others for more details. But I can tell you that studying Comp. Science in India worths it...I have some friends who studied there and are doing excellently today, so try India. And may God bless you too. Enjoy your weekend.
Thanks a lot. I was actually thinking of china...
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 23, 2013
rapcy: Thanks a lot. I was actually thinking of china...
Welcome. Forget about China...just research more abt India. They are good in Comp. Science than China.
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by christ4mi(f): 4:32pm On Dec 24, 2013
DailyNews: Yes, Project management is cool, go for it. There are some professional certifications for well cementing, seismic analysis and exploration, etc that u also need to do to back you up and increase your chances of securing a job in the oil field. Some of them u will find in Dubai mostly. Short course....2 months...there is one that started this month but the registration began last 3 months. You need them and then project management. Why not consider some schools in Norway, where you will not pay tuition fee but then carter for your feeding, accommodation, etc

Uk is okay....Liverpool uni is okay....shefield is okay for project management too. But pls forget business mgt and go for project mgt.

But do u have any work experience so far
Thanks so much for the reply. No I dont have working experience. About the schls in Norway can give their web add, also the short profession courses in dubai, I want to know more abt them, thanks! Compliment of the season.
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by GboyegaD(m): 4:46pm On Dec 24, 2013
Ajengb: Pls what about going for phd in econs abroad in us or canada is it worth?

If at this level of study you still require opinions to determine if it is worth it or not then, I will suggest you have a rethink if you are worthy of been admitted.

1 Like

Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by temlaw2020: 7:19pm On Dec 24, 2013
I will like to do my masters in computer science in France. Is it advisable?
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by abbakacici: 8:50am On Dec 25, 2013
GboyegaD:

If at this level of study you still require opinions to determine if it is worth it or not then, I will suggest you have a rethink if you are worthy of been admitted.
PhD candidates are encouraged to complete their degree in four years and, with but few exceptions, funding generally isn’t provided beyond this period. But looking at studies on PhD completion times at Canadian universities, it is clear that the vast majority of students do not finish in four years: the average post-master’s completion time is about five years, according to a 2003 report by Frank Elgar (PDF). this shows you have to paid for your fifth year yours self
nternational students who cannot pay their fees are unable to prove to Immigration Canada that they have sufficient funds to remain in the country. They are faced with having to leave Canada without a degree, after four years of hard work,
Placements and funding at Canadian universities, we are told, are accorded on merit. But in practice it will be those international students who can pay who will be academically more successful. Or, international students are tacitly expected to be superior academicallythan their Canadian colleagues. This is not a “culture of completion” as university authorities tell us, but a “culture of discrimination.”
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by Bwaal(m): 12:58am On Dec 26, 2013
Daily news can you drop any of your contact??
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by Bwaal(m): 1:03am On Dec 26, 2013
berryldlity: which school is the best for archictecture
DailyNews: Italy, UK and Germany. But I would suggest you go for UK because of English preference.
what abt african school which one is the best
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by mojak: 11:55am On Dec 26, 2013
Kudos to you daily news for the job well done, pls i want to know if there are any universities which is very good in electrical and electronics engineering and also have a low tuition fee
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by Remedy4gud: 10:06pm On Dec 26, 2013
weldone bro. How about studyin law in russia or usa. If d US is a better alternative, do u knw/hav heard of sm varsities there that do well in law? Thanks
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by Basdkg(m): 12:19am On Dec 27, 2013
plz what about me i nit study in bioengine at india any cheapest university at they tanx.
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by Mayouree(m): 9:57am On Dec 27, 2013
@Daily news, thanks for this info, as hav been thinking about dis topic since I graduated this year. I want to study petroleum economics and finance , and am thinking of studying in USA because that is my sure bet of free accommodation texas to be precise, I will like u to surggest to me a better university in USA (texas) to run this program for my masters degree or if not going abroad to do this and any better school for this postgraduate course here in Nigeria or if u hav any related course that i can do in USA that is in demand here in Nigeria.I studied Economics for my first degree. God bless.
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 28, 2013
Hello all, I will reply all of you later....right now, I am on holiday....resting things grin grin....I shouldn't have opened nairaland, just felt like today that I am a bit free. Later pls. Take care....with love from me...wishing you all a prosperous new year in advance smiley
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by Joelaking(m): 12:44am On Jan 02, 2014
Bro. I seriously need your advice. Im an elect/elect stdt in OAU. But d way i see lectures videos of our mates in M.I.T. I knw we re far behind. So im thinking on getting a transfer to a better university anywhere overseas buf im not too bouyant financially. But if there wont be any option for (n undergraduate transfer. I will just complete my undergraduate studies and then seek to further overseas. Now whats ur advice sir
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by sluvy4tune(m): 6:32am On Jan 02, 2014
Caduceus: Please,what about Medicine and Surgery?
What country is best,in terms of cost and quality,to study it?
How do I go about it?
Thanks.

Considering Cost too Ukraine is also cool, Sumy State University is rated high

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s / Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU / WAEC Timetable 2017: Comprehensive 2017/18 WAEC Timetable - May/June

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.