Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,041 members, 7,799,525 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

Gabriel Agbonlahor Lost To England - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gabriel Agbonlahor Lost To England (1326 Views)

Victor Osimhen Off To England To Seal Deal / Gabriel Agbonlahor Has Man United Red Card Rescinded / Gabriel Agbonlahor: Nigeria Never Approached Me: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gabriel Agbonlahor Lost To England by yommys01(m): 6:45pm On Mar 20, 2008
Nigeria has final lost highly fast paced Gabriel Agbonlahor to England but the questions here is could he have been a great addition to the super eagles ? who can he bench ? does he have a good chance with the three Lions ?

Join me at soccerfanbase.com lets discuss soccer
Re: Gabriel Agbonlahor Lost To England by 4Him(m): 7:10pm On Mar 20, 2008
Agbonlahor is just one more example of the typical English player - SOP

SOP - Speed Only Player. They dont have great technique, poor first touch and rely heavily on being able to outrun the last defender. While they still have pace they can be a real threat upfront for any team. As soon as the pace disappears they merely become just another Michael Owen.

Other players include Shaun Wright Phillips, Aaron Lenon, Theo Walcott.
Re: Gabriel Agbonlahor Lost To England by Ibime(m): 7:17pm On Mar 20, 2008
4Him:

Agbonlahor is just one more example of the typical English player - SOP

SOP - Speed Only Player. They don't have great technique, poor first touch and rely heavily on being able to outrun the last defender. While they still have pace they can be a real threat upfront for any team. As soon as the pace disappears they merely become just another Michael Owen.

Other players include Shaun Wright Phillips, Aaron Lenon, Theo Walcott.

You are so right - I have looked at this Agbonlahor and asked myself - what would this guy have if he had no speed? He wouldn't even be able to get into my Saturday team, much less earn a living from football. He should thank his lucky stars he was born with such pace.
Re: Gabriel Agbonlahor Lost To England by dayokanu(m): 7:30pm On Mar 20, 2008
Nigeria has final lost highly fast paced Gabriel Agbonlahor to England but the questions here is could he have been a great addition to the super eagles ? who can he bench ? does he have a good chance with the three Lions ?

Join me at soccerfanbase.com lets discuss soccer

Which Nigerian team are you talking about that hopeless team? Even Djemba Djemba would captain that team
Re: Gabriel Agbonlahor Lost To England by akinalabi(m): 8:23pm On Mar 20, 2008
Ibime:

I have looked at this Agbonlahor and asked myself - what would this guy have if he had no speed? He wouldn't even be able to get into my Saturday team, much less earn a living from football. He should thank his lucky stars he was born with such pace.

Very biased and unfair analysis.

If you take away the stongest point of a player from him, how
do you expect him to remain the same.

It's like saying these. . .

Take Nistelrooy's positioning away from him

Take Makelele's man marking from him

Take Beckam's crosses away from him

Take David Jame's shot stopping abilities away from him

Take Fab4's passing range away from him

Come on son. His pace is his asset and he uses it to his
advantage.

The boy is a talent.
Re: Gabriel Agbonlahor Lost To England by Ibime(m): 10:34pm On Mar 20, 2008
akinalabi:

Take Nistelrooy's positioning away from him

Take Makelele's man marking from him

Take Beckam's crosses away from him

Take David Jame's shot stopping abilities away from him

Take Fab4's passing range away from him

Come on son. His pace is his asset and he uses it to his
advantage.

All these skills are learnt through time and dedication. Agbonlahors pace is God-given. ie it is come-chop. Did you see me criticising Henry, Messi or Ronaldo. These are people who have pace AND skill. Agbonlahor is just using what God gave him. He is not developing his talent.
Re: Gabriel Agbonlahor Lost To England by yommys01(m): 9:30am On Mar 21, 2008
Ibime I think you are very right but no one is answering my question .does any one think he can be a good addition to the Eagles ?
Re: Gabriel Agbonlahor Lost To England by A40(m): 7:32pm On Mar 27, 2008
Lol did we ever have him?

(1) (Reply)

Iniesta Wins 2014 Golden Foot Award, Beats Rooney, Ronaldo And Others(PICS) / Cristiano Ronaldo Gets 5 Match Ban For Referee Shove! / See How Much Floyd Mayweather Is Set To Earn From Sponsorship Deals Even Before

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.