Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Tips On How To Concentrate During Salat (prayers) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Tips On How To Concentrate During Salat (prayers) (12364 Views)

Common Mistake Made During Salat / Tips On How To Concentrate During Salat (prayers) / Prayers For Couples Trying To Conceive A Child (TTC) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips On How To Concentrate During Salat (prayers) by dominique(f): 6:10pm On Mar 05, 2013
1. Before standing up for Prayer, try to deal with all the minor urgent matters which demand your attention. If you are pressed by hunger, eat first; if you are pressed to attend to the call of nature, relieve yourself; if you are the parent of an infant, feed him or her, or keep him or her busy.

2. Perform your wudu’ (ablution) well, paying due care and attention.

3. Approach the Prayer with zest and passion as if it is the last prayer in your life before dying. Actually the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) taught us that we could do nothing in this world that could ever surpass Prayer in merit and excellence.

4. Visualize that in your Prayer you are going to have a special audience with Allah, Lord of the worlds, and that you are enjoying a direct communion with Him—which, in fact, is true.

5. Think of the Prayer you are performing as if it were the last Prayer of your life. In fact, it could very well be the last one, since no one is given a guarantee that he would live to perform another Prayer.

6. Picture the scene of the Last Day when people will be lined up into two groups, one destined for Heaven, and another for Hell, and ask yourself where you would be placed.

7. Focus your mind on what you are reading in your Prayer and recite simple surah
that you understand it's meaning and ponder on the meaning whiles u recite.

8. If, in spite of your best efforts, your mind is still wandering, seek refuge in Allah and bring your mind back to Prayer.

9. Pray to Allah and beg Him to grant you true the joy of concentrating in your Prayer and protection against the wanderings of your mind.

10. Place your eyesight to the one spot where you will be making your sujud while you recite and avoid taking your eyes from that spot.

Lack of concentration during solat is one of my greatest weaknesses (esp during congregational prayers and the imam is reciting a long Surah). I've continously prayed about it and always seek refuge from shaitan when my mind begins to wander.
May Allah protect us from the tricks of shaitan during prayers and forgive us our mistakes.

98 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Concentrate During Salat (prayers) by sino(m): 9:41pm On Mar 05, 2013
Amin.
I tell you sis, its not easy, may Allah SWT assist us all amin.

i really think points 1,3,4 and 6 would go a long way to help, especially point 1, i think if one gets prepared for solat on time, try to shut off all mundane issues from ones mind, you'll have better concentration.

point 7 isn't easy during congregational prayers and sometimes i do get carried away by the style of recitation of the Imam, good or bad.

jazakumullahu khayran

3 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Concentrate During Salat (prayers) by naffysa(f): 12:26pm On May 31, 2013
Jazakumullahu khayran
Re: Tips On How To Concentrate During Salat (prayers) by 50calibre(m): 12:29pm On May 31, 2013
cool
Re: Tips On How To Concentrate During Salat (prayers) by Opey4luv(m): 12:31pm On May 31, 2013
مَاشَآءَاللّهُ‎

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Concentrate During Salat (prayers) by jigawatts(m): 12:37pm On May 31, 2013
To be sincere, its so hard ....... God help us.

I recite fathia and the next surah in a loud manner.. not shouting sha. (Only for Solat dat I have to recide out tho).

I also keep asking for forgiveness while praying if ma mind keeps flying about.

Tip 1 and 10 works for me too.

Inna-llaha-Gafuru-Raheem (Allah is ever-Forgiving, ever-Merciful) smiley

3 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Concentrate During Salat (prayers) by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 31, 2013
Mtchew @ topic

4 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Concentrate During Salat (prayers) by Tbaby4real(f): 12:42pm On May 31, 2013
Jazakumullahu khayran...... Thanks so much. Allahumma taqabbal solaatanaa..... Amin

4 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Concentrate During Salat (prayers) by darelar(m): 12:58pm On May 31, 2013
[quote author=dominique]1. Before standing up for Prayer, try to deal with all the minor urgent matters which demand your attention. If you are pressed by hunger, eat first; if you are pressed to attend to the call of nature, relieve yourself; if you are the parent of an infant, feed him or her, or keep him or her busy.

3. Approach the Prayer with zest and passion as if it is the last prayer in your life before dying. Actually the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) taught us that we could do nothing in this world that could ever surpass Prayer in merit and excellence.

4. Visualize that in your Prayer you are going to have a special audience with Allah, Lord of the worlds, and that you are enjoying a direct communion with Him—which, in fact, is true.

5. Think of the Prayer you are performing as if it were the last Prayer of your life. In fact, it could very well be the last one, since no one is given a guarantee that he would live to perform another Prayer.

6. Picture the scene of the Last Day when people will be lined up into two groups, one destined for Heaven, and another for Hell, and ask yourself where you would be placed.

7. Focus your mind on what you are reading in your Prayer and recite simple surah

8. If, in spite of your best efforts, your mind is still wandering, seek refuge in Allah and bring your mind back to Prayer.

9. Pray to Allah and beg Him to grant you true the joy of concentrating in your Prayer and protection against the wanderings of your mind.

10. Place your eyesight to the one spot where you will be making your sujud while you recite and avoid taking your eyes from that spot.

Lack of concentration during solat is one of my greatest weaknesses (esp during congregational prayers and the imam is reciting a long Surah). I've continously prayed about it and always seek refuge from shaitan when my mind begins to wander.
May Allah protect us from the tricks of shaitan during prayers and forgive us our mistakes.[/quote
Amin.Jazakallahu khairan
Re: Tips On How To Concentrate During Salat (prayers) by darelar(m): 1:01pm On May 31, 2013
Amin jazakallahu khairan. Jummah mubar to you All & remain bless [quote author=darelar][/quote]
Re: Tips On How To Concentrate During Salat (prayers) by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 31, 2013
dominique: 1. Before standing up for Prayer, try to deal with all the minor urgent matters which demand your attention. If you are pressed by hunger, eat first; if you are pressed to attend to the call of nature, relieve yourself; if you are the parent of an infant, feed him or her, or keep him or her busy.

May Allah protect us from the tricks of shaitan during prayers and forgive us our mistakes.

Thank you Sir

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Concentrate During Salat (prayers) by FiftyFifty(m): 1:12pm On May 31, 2013
@ topic: educating;

@Op: May Allah in His infinite mercy reward u bountifully;

@Muslim Brothers & Sisters: Barka da Jumu‘a;

3 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Concentrate During Salat (prayers) by Dawdy(m): 1:19pm On May 31, 2013
May Almighty Allah Help Us
Re: Tips On How To Concentrate During Salat (prayers) by Paschal007: 1:24pm On May 31, 2013
Nawa o @ all these locomotive movements. Why dont you worship him in truth and in spirit? grin

Fifty-Fifty:

You too bruv. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Concentrate During Salat (prayers) by idris4r83(m): 1:50pm On May 31, 2013
Paschal007: Nawa o @ all these locomotive movements. Why dont you worship him in truth and in spirit? grin

You too bruv. smiley
Jesus did d same bro read ur bible very well. Check mathew 26:39

10 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Concentrate During Salat (prayers) by donPhill(m): 1:52pm On May 31, 2013
mtcheewwww.....y e be say na all this islam topic full front page 2da?....na lectures? Go tell dem for mosque na, abi una no knw una rites
Re: Tips On How To Concentrate During Salat (prayers) by daroz(m): 1:59pm On May 31, 2013
Paschal007: Nawa o @ all these locomotive movements. Why dont you worship him in truth and in spirit? grin

. smiley
Re: Tips On How To Concentrate During Salat (prayers) by chakula: 2:09pm On May 31, 2013
that is very good my sister, with hoping that is excerpt will serve as reminder to us.
Re: Tips On How To Concentrate During Salat (prayers) by dotman(m): 2:10pm On May 31, 2013
Fifty-Fifty:
@ topic: educating;

@Op: May Allah in His infinite mercy reward u bountifully;

@Muslim Brothers & Sisters: Barka da Jumu‘a;

@others: go to hell.

I dont think the hell thing was needed. This is the kind of comments that make others call us violent. It was absolutely not neccesary. May Allah forgive us all of our short comings, ask for forgivenss because u just commited a sin

7 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Concentrate During Salat (prayers) by danjkad: 2:10pm On May 31, 2013
@op May Almighty ﷲ reward U̶̲̥̅̊ abundantly.
May ﷲ accept our prayers and 4giv us our sins.(Amin).
Barka da Jumah.
Re: Tips On How To Concentrate During Salat (prayers) by dotman(m): 2:11pm On May 31, 2013
Brilliant advise from the post btw. May Allah continue to guide and protect us all, and accept our prayers
Re: Tips On How To Concentrate During Salat (prayers) by sashx(m): 2:13pm On May 31, 2013
Jazakallah khayr. May Allah in His infinite mercy bless us with the ability to worship Him sincerely.
Re: Tips On How To Concentrate During Salat (prayers) by atikubaba(m): 2:25pm On May 31, 2013
Jazakumullahu khayran
.I find number 7 particularly intresting.May ALLAH forgive us all.
Re: Tips On How To Concentrate During Salat (prayers) by kuspa1(m): 2:59pm On May 31, 2013
May Allah Bless You Bountifully @op
This is really educative and Insha Allah I will like to share it with as many brothers and as sisters as possible.
God bless!!!
Re: Tips On How To Concentrate During Salat (prayers) by nairalad: 3:03pm On May 31, 2013
May Allah forgive our sins. Ameen
Jaza'akAllah Khairan.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Media Contributes To The Bad Image Of Islam. Why? / Ruling On Muslim Using Tattoo / Who Is Sheik Imran Abdul Mojeed Eleha?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.