Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

Model,iman, Shares Secrets To Beautiful Skin - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Model,iman, Shares Secrets To Beautiful Skin (30658 Views)

Secrets To Beautiful Looking Skin / Body Cream For Shinning And Beautiful Skin / How To Discover Beautiful Skin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Model,iman, Shares Secrets To Beautiful Skin by uzoo: 9:36pm On Mar 05, 2013
Born in Mogadishu on July 25 1955, Iman is the daughter of Marian and Mohamed Abdulmajid.
Iman first got married at the age of eighteen to a young Somali man with whom she had fallen in love. The marriage ended a few years later when she moved to the United States to pursue a modeling career. In 1977, she married American basketball player Spencer Haywood. Their daughter, Zulekha Haywood, was born in 1978. The two divorced in February 1987. On April 24, 1992, Iman married British pop musician David Bowie in a private ceremony in Lausanne. The wedding was later solemnized on June 6. They have one daughter, Alexandria Zahra Jones, born August 15, 2000. Iman is also stepmother to Bowie's son from a previous marriage, Duncan Jones. Both children bear Bowie's legal surname. Iman and her family reside primarily in Manhattan and London

BEAUTY SECRETS

"Good Morning America" has been revealing this month the health, wardrobe and beauty secrets of the world's top supermodels so you can attempt to duplicate their effortlessly stylish looks.

Supermodel Iman appeared today on "GMA" to share her top makeup tips.

"Ladies, whatever you're doing now, put it down and put an SPF on," the 57-year-old founder and CEO of IMAN Cosmetics, Skincare and Fragrances said of her number one beauty tip. "You have to."

"All year-round, every day. My dermatologist has me on SPF 50," she said. "The sun does not discriminate."

If you want to look like Iman well into your later years, the legendary supermodel says you must treat taking care of your skin as a priority, not an afterthought.

"I'm telling you...people ask me, 'What gives your skin such a good [look] at 57?,' it's simple," she said. "It's religiously taking care of my skin."

"Like you brush your teeth twice a day, you really take care of your skin twice a day," she said. "It doesn't have to be expensive. You cleanse, moisturize and hydrate. As simple as that. Trust me, in five to 10 years you'll see a remarkable change in your face."

IMAN Cosmetics was the very first line for women of color when it was launched in 1994.

Re: Model,iman, Shares Secrets To Beautiful Skin by uzoo: 9:37pm On Mar 05, 2013
smiley

Re: Model,iman, Shares Secrets To Beautiful Skin by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 05, 2013
uzoo: smiley
wow
Re: Model,iman, Shares Secrets To Beautiful Skin by uzoo: 10:45pm On Mar 05, 2013
adaobi123:
wow

Amazing,right?

and to think she is 57....
Re: Model,iman, Shares Secrets To Beautiful Skin by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 05, 2013
uzoo:

Amazing,right?

and to think she is 57....
its amazing
i need to fix up if i wanna look like her when im that age

1 Like

Re: Model,iman, Shares Secrets To Beautiful Skin by madamebebe(f): 1:13pm On Mar 06, 2013
She has such a lovely shiny, glowing skin. Hot mama! kiss

1 Like

Re: Model,iman, Shares Secrets To Beautiful Skin by uzoo: 2:01pm On Sep 03, 2013
Sun block ladies ! Sun block ! This is so essential

Forget foundations,concealers , lip balms, moisturisers ,BB creams , and the lot,all that rubbing and wiping on our skin, If you dont use these products with sunblock creams (UVA AND UVB protection creams) ,you are damaging the texture of your skin and inviting wrinkles not to mention skin cancer.

we are all going to age ,but its best to age gracefully and this will only happen according to how you have protected your skin.

I look at this lady and i can not believe her age,Damn.

oh i forgot to mention. drink lots of water ,first thing in the morning and last thing at night.

i go to bed with a full cup of water by my bedside,even in the middle of the night ,i drink water. Its now an OCD...lol.

1 Like

Re: Model,iman, Shares Secrets To Beautiful Skin by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 03, 2013
What's bb cream ?
Re: Model,iman, Shares Secrets To Beautiful Skin by uzoo: 3:10pm On Sep 03, 2013
@adaobi123

BB creams or CC creams means (Blemish Balms or Beauty Balms ) ( Colour Correcting) Creams.

they are sold mostly in small tubes,and used to hide blemishes or spots on the facial skin ,some people use it as a base foundation for applying their make up while others just use it alone to even their skin tone .

Well in my opinion i think its just another marketing ploy by the cosmetics industry/manufacturers to introduce a gloryfied tinted moisturiser in to the market.

I am not convinced about the BB creams YET ,thats why i havn't bought it ( when ever i need sheer coverage with out make up to evenn out my skin tone i make myself some tinted moisturisers using my liquid make up(foundation mostly) and moisturising lotion and i'm out the door ,that way i arrive at the right colour for my skin tone)

Dont take my word for it as certain skin types rave about the BB creams or CC creams and how it helps them cover imperfections like dark spot ,un even skin tone , dark under eye circles e.t.c .

Mind you , the BB and CC creams are still considered as make up so you have to wash off before going to bed , you dont sleep with it on your face . and its a temporary coverage while still treating your blemishes.

1 Like

Re: Model,iman, Shares Secrets To Beautiful Skin by Chicolee(f): 5:07pm On Sep 03, 2013
Most sunscreens in the market are filled with paraben, it's almost impossible to find a sunscreen that is paraben free here in Nigeria. The dangers of paraben is well know among the enlightened folks. It is one of the major causes of breast cancer. My question is where can one find a paraben free sunscreen? And to all the ladies in the house, check your cosmetic products and make sure they are paraben free. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Model,iman, Shares Secrets To Beautiful Skin by uzoo: 5:25pm On Sep 03, 2013
i started a thread here https://www.nairaland.com/1399862/parabensmineral-oil-skinhair-health-products on safe products to use and some of them are paraben and mineral oil free.

like the IMAN BB cream which you can find at Francadaze lekki, francadaze..com

If you are looking to buy SPF mosturisers that have no Parabens below is a list.

Alba Botanica Natural Very Emollient Sunblock, Fragrance Free, SPF 30

All Terrain AquaSport Face Stick, SPF 28

Badger Broad Spectrum Sunscreen

Coppertone Sensitive Skin Sunscreen Lotion

Jason Pure Natural Sun Mineral Natural Sunscreen, SPF 30

Kiss My Face Natural Mineral Sunscreen with Hydresia, SPF 40

Nature's Gate Aqua Block Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 50

thinksport Sunscreen, SPF 50+
Re: Model,iman, Shares Secrets To Beautiful Skin by Chicolee(f): 5:43pm On Sep 03, 2013
Wow! Tnx for the list. But where can I get them? I've searched the major cosmetic shops in my area. Where in Nigeria are they sold?
By the way, I checked out your blog, stunning complexion! Which skin care products do you use? Care to share? I really love ur skin.
Re: Model,iman, Shares Secrets To Beautiful Skin by uzoo: 6:20pm On Sep 03, 2013
@Chicolee

Thanks for visiting the blog,First of all let me say that my skin is not perfect, the pic on profile was just one of those days i practiced my make up skills (M.A.C studio fix foundation,lip gloss, mascara and eye liners)..lol. it evens out your skin tone and hides blemishes on my face. i suffer from a lot of acne so my skin routine may not be suitable for you .

For my face ,a night cream by neutrogena ,i scrub with apricot scrub 3 times a week (at night mostly)

Here's my routine http://productsthatactuallydowork..com/search/label/skin%20regimen

. During the day its Palmers Cocoa butter Moisturising oil for the body alone ,and then a sun block afterwards.I'm currently on a product haul as you can see here http://productsthatactuallydowork..com/2013/08/out-with-oldin-with-new-products-that.html

so i'm also on the look out for paraben and mineral oil free products that work well for me as soon as i'm done with these ones.

I also do a DIY home microdermabrasion for body. If you live in busy air polluted areas like lagos and you expose your skin to this on a daily basis ,then you should do a full body scrub once a week with a skin brush and apricot scrub( or brown sugar) , or you can get a a micro dermabrasion home kit and use it once a month. This gets rid of dead skin that prevent skin products from being effective on our skin.

Its best to pay attention to your skin and read on product labels to know what content affects your skin positively.

To answer your question about where to get the list of products, you can try cassadela ( can't remember the spelling ) at shop rite lekki, or check park n shop lekki. Otherwise you can order through shipping companies who buy stuffs abroad for Nigerians and deliver to them here. like circuit atlantic or perry sollutions.

1 Like

Re: Model,iman, Shares Secrets To Beautiful Skin by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 03, 2013
uzoo: @adaobi123

BB creams or CC creams means (Blemish Balms or Beauty Balms ) ( Colour Correcting) Creams.

they are sold mostly in small tubes,and used to hide blemishes or spots on the facial skin ,some people use it as a base foundation for applying their make up while others just use it alone to even their skin tone .

Well in my opinion i think its just another marketing ploy by the cosmetics industry/manufacturers to introduce a gloryfied tinted moisturiser in to the market.

I am not yet convinced about the BB creams YET ,thats why i havn't bought it ( when ever i need sheer coverage with out make up to evenn out my skin tone i make myself some tinted moisturisers using my liquid make up(foundation mostly) and moisturising lotion and i'm out the door ,that way i arrive at the right colour for my skin tone)

Dont take my word for it as certain skin types rave about the BB creams or CC creams and how it helps them cover imperfections like dark spot ,un even skin tone , dark under eye circles e.t.c .

Mind you , the BB and CC creams are still considered as make up so you have to wash off before going to bed , you dont sleep with it on your face . and its a temporary coverage while still treating your blemishes.

Wow. Thank you. Very informative. smiley
Re: Model,iman, Shares Secrets To Beautiful Skin by uzoo: 8:08pm On Sep 03, 2013
@adaobi123

you're welcome smiley
Re: Model,iman, Shares Secrets To Beautiful Skin by Prettyberrys(f): 8:34am On Sep 05, 2013
Hi, I am using neutrogena light sesame , netrogena acne -prone skin formula facial bar soap for my face and extract whitening herbal soap for my body. I've been using it for 2 weeks now but not seen any sign of change in my sign of change yet. I need an even toned treat for my skin.
Re: Model,iman, Shares Secrets To Beautiful Skin by uzoo: 10:43am On Sep 05, 2013
Prettyberrys: Hi, I am using neutrogena light sesame , netrogena acne -prone skin formula facial bar soap for my face and extract whitening herbal soap for my body. I've been using it for 2 weeks now but not seen any sign of change in my sign of change yet. I need an even toned treat for my skin.

Like i said you should start on a skin regimen , Exfoliate,cleanse ,tone and moisturise.

Exfoliation helps reveal clear and smooth skin that tends to be covered in dead skin cells , this may be why you have an uneven skin tone,concentrate on the areas of the skin that are dull and darker than the rest of your skin tone.

Your whitening soap or cream will not work if you do not exfoliate 2 or 3 times a week to get rid of the dead skin cells that prevent it from penetrating in to the skin.
Get a skin brush and an apricot scrub ( try St. Ives Naturally clear Apricot scrub) for the entire body,do not use the brush on the facial skin use the scrub with your hands when you wet your face.
Re: Model,iman, Shares Secrets To Beautiful Skin by swtme(f): 12:33pm On Sep 05, 2013
I am so loving this thread@uzoo I av bin luking 4ward 2 it but pls I want 2 know ow long u leave apricot scrub on d face or body 4 it 2 be effective. Tnx
Re: Model,iman, Shares Secrets To Beautiful Skin by uzoo: 1:50pm On Sep 05, 2013
$wtme:
I am so loving this thread@uzoo I av bin luking 4ward 2 it but pls I want 2 know ow long u leave apricot scrub on d face or body 4 it 2 be effective. Tnx

You dont have to leave it on , wet the face with some water ,get a pea size mount of the scrub from the tube on to your fingers or palms, and rub vigorously on face and neck in a circular motion .Use the palm of your hands on cheeks ,fore head and chin ,then use finger tips around corners of your face to rub (under eyes where you have dark circles,in between your nostrills just beside your nose bridge and other corners)
Rinse off with water , and feel the skin with your fingers , the areas that haven't been scrubbed will feel rough and oily so here you can repeat again and rinse off the second time.
Re: Model,iman, Shares Secrets To Beautiful Skin by swtme(f): 2:20pm On Sep 05, 2013
uzoo:

You dont have to leave it on , wet the face with some water ,get a pea size mount of the scrub from the tube on to your fingers or palms, and rub vigorously on face and neck in a circular motion .Use the palm of your hands on cheeks ,fore head and chin ,then use finger tips around corners of your face to rub (under eyes where you have dark circles,in between your nostrills just beside your nose bridge and other corners)
Rinse off with water , and feel the skin with your fingers , the areas that haven't been scrubbed will feel rough and oily so here you can repeat again and rinse off the second time.

Tnx so much for d info I also use it on my stomach cos of d stretchmark caused by pregnancy, I just wanted 2 b sure that I was doing d right thing.

I also want to ask if its compulsory 2 use a cleanser cos I got neutrogena oil-free acne stress toner n its changing my complexion so fast n making me feel lyk I'm bleaching or is there a better one u can recommend 4 me.tnx
Re: Model,iman, Shares Secrets To Beautiful Skin by uzoo: 2:43pm On Sep 05, 2013
$wtme:

Tnx so much for d info I also use it on my stomach cos of d stretchmark caused by pregnancy, I just wanted 2 b sure that I was doing d right thing.

I also want to ask if its compulsory 2 use a cleanser cos I got neutrogena oil-free acne stress toner n its changing my complexion so fast n making me feel lyk I'm bleaching or is there a better one u can recommend 4 me.tnx

The Neutrogena oil-free acne stress toner DOES NOT bleach ,it's main function is to restore the normal Ph balance of your skin after a facial scrub and facial wash. If you read the Ingredients properly it contains salicylic acid which is its main ACTIVE INGREDIENTS for treating acne ,i have an oily skin which is prone to acne and other blemishes ,This is what i use as well and its doing a good job for me so far.
If your complexion is not even or your face is extremely uneven with the rest of your skin , then try reading the content of the rest of your facial products to find out if its got any bleaching agents or steriods that may be responsible for this.

Below is the list of ingredients in the Neutrogena oil free Acne control Toner.

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne Treatment)

Inactive Ingredients:

Water, Alcohol Denatured (40%), Butylene Glycol, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, PEG/PPG 20/6 Dimethicone, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Sodium Benzotriazole Butylphenol Sulfonate, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow 5 Lake, Green 5, Fragrance
Re: Model,iman, Shares Secrets To Beautiful Skin by swtme(f): 4:12pm On Sep 05, 2013
uzoo:

The Neutrogena oil-free acne stress toner DOES NOT bleach ,it's main function is to restore the normal Ph balance of your skin after a facial scrub and facial wash. If you read the Ingredients properly it contains salicylic acid which is its main ACTIVE INGREDIENTS for treating acne ,i have an oily skin which is prone to acne and other blemishes ,This is what i use as well and its doing a good job for me so far.
If your complexion is not even or your face is extremely
uneven with the rest of your skin , then try reading the content of the rest of your facial products to find out if its got any bleaching agents or steriods that may be responsible for this.

Below is the list of ingredients in the Neutrogena oil free Acne control Toner.

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne Treatment)

Inactive Ingredients:

Water, Alcohol Denatured (40%), Butylene Glycol, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, PEG/PPG 20/6 Dimethicone, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Sodium Benzotriazole Butylphenol Sulfonate, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow 5 Lake, Green 5, Fragrance

I use Neutrogena oil free facial wash,St Ives apricot scrub and fair and white so white skin perfector n they av been gud ever since I stopped d toner,I'm gonna start using d toner again but if it repeats it then I will stop it completely.Uzoo pls wot else should I add 2 my daily face n body care routine? Pls is goat milk gud n if yes which one do u recommend 4 me
Re: Model,iman, Shares Secrets To Beautiful Skin by uzoo: 4:39pm On Sep 05, 2013
Goat's Milk is excellent, but what i realised about the ones i see a lot in stores is that they come in one whitening brand name or the other like

ABC Goat milk whitening shower gel,or Tricia Goat's milk lightening shower cream etc. ,these are just examples , i can not say how effective they are in their lightening and whitening claims. But goat's milk itself is a good nourishment for the skin.

I use Dover shower Gel because of its moisturising content, i'm yet to see a shower gel like Dove that will not leave my body (not my face) dry as soon as i step out of the shower.
Re: Model,iman, Shares Secrets To Beautiful Skin by Kheyindae(f): 9:58pm On Jul 01, 2014
ANY IDEA OF tinted Moisturisers in gel form "non-comedogenic" containing honey, shea butter, avocado, alpha hydroxy acids, serum, Spf 30+, aloe vera, apple cider vinegar, almond oil, olive oil, coconut oil, jojoba and Water based moisturisers. PLESE
Re: Model,iman, Shares Secrets To Beautiful Skin by pweetiedee(m): 3:09pm On Jul 02, 2014
I av succeeded in restoring my normal complexion with black saop, shea butter, dr miracle soap. I need a body cream to maintain my complexion. I am light brown. My main skin problem is pimples, it keeps comin back. I av it on ma face, chest, back and upper arm. Pls what can I use to get rid of this acne. I scrub my body once or twice a week with sugar+lime+honey and milk. I moisturize shea butter+coconut oil. I bath with Native black soap and dr miracle soap. What can I use to clear acne? I don't use brown powder, I use an oil control talc. I use venus toning cream cos it contains sunscreen. Pls help
Re: Model,iman, Shares Secrets To Beautiful Skin by homesodear: 4:47pm On Jul 03, 2014
Chicolee: Most sunscreens in the market are filled with paraben, it's almost impossible to find a sunscreen that is paraben free here in Nigeria. The dangers of paraben is well know among the enlightened folks. It is one of the major causes of breast cancer. My question is where can one find a paraben free sunscreen? And to all the ladies in the house, check your cosmetic products and make sure they are paraben free. A word is enough for the wise.

Introducing Forever Aloe Sunscreen Spray!

This sunscreen is loaded with aloe vera goodness and carries an SPF30 which is also water resistant so you don't have to worry about constant re-applying after sweating or swimming. I’ll recommend re-applying after 3-4 hours on sunny days though.

The sunscreen itself is white and a fairly thin consistency for a sunscreen. Because it sprays out quite fine, you can literally just spray all over your body without rubbing in. it’s a moisturizer and sunscreen in one!

When sprayed on it blends in nicely without that dreaded white cast or white streaks all over.
It may feel mildly sticky when you first rub it in, but you don't notice this after some minutes.

Although this is packed with aloe vera (first on the ingredients list), this sunscreen has no scent. This isn't uncommon for a sunscreen, as perfumes need either an extra layer of oil or alcohol, neither of which are ideal for a sun care product.
Because it's important to stay safe from the damaging effects of the sun and protect your skin from aging, Forever Aloe Sunscreen Spray will help you do just that.

To order, kindly visit www.aloe4eva.com or call or whatsapp 08034917464 or 08083767721
Re: Model,iman, Shares Secrets To Beautiful Skin by Sissie(f): 11:31am On Jul 04, 2014
pweetiedee: I av succeeded in restoring my normal complexion with black saop, Shea butter, dr miracle soap. I need a body cream to maintain my complexion. I am light brown. My main skin problem is pimples, it keeps comin back. I av it on ma face, chest, back and upper arm. Pls what can I use to get rid of this acne. I scrub my body once or twice a week with sugar+lime+honey and milk. I moisturize shea butter+coconut oil. I bath with Native black soap and dr miracle soap. What can I use to clear acne? I don't use brown powder, I use an oil control talc. I use venus toning cream cos it contains sunscreen. Pls help

For your scrub use salt as a base, change lime to lemon.
Change the coconut oil to almond oil. almond oil will also help maintain your complexion. Coconut oil sometimes causes pimples the face for some people.
I sell an anti acne soap made with tea tree and lavender.
Argan oil also helps.
Re: Model,iman, Shares Secrets To Beautiful Skin by Sissie(f): 11:37am On Jul 04, 2014
Kheyindae: ANY IDEA OF tinted Moisturisers in gel form "non-comedogenic" containing honey, shea butter, avocado, alpha hydroxy acids, serum, Spf 30+, aloe vera, apple cider vinegar, almond oil, olive oil, coconut oil, jojoba and Water based moisturisers. PLESE
I doubt if you can get a moisturizer with all this ingredients.
Apple cider vinegar is sold on its own not in creams.

I sell most of this ingredients and you can buy and mix.

And use some separately.
Get a sunscreen with Spf 30+, buy ACV, mix the oils together with Shea Butter, aloe vera oil, honey and shea butter.
Re: Model,iman, Shares Secrets To Beautiful Skin by pweetiedee(m): 9:39pm On Jul 04, 2014
Sissie:

For your scrub use salt as a base, change lime to lemon.
Change the coconut oil to almond oil. almond oil will also help maintain your complexion. Coconut oil sometimes causes pimples the face for some people.
I sell an anti acne soap made with tea tree and lavender.
Argan oil also helps.
thank you very much. I don't think I can get almond oil here. But I know a lady who sells argan oil. I will use dat. I just bought eden apricot face and body scrub. How much is the soap?
Re: Model,iman, Shares Secrets To Beautiful Skin by Sissie(f): 9:45pm On Jul 04, 2014
pweetiedee: thank you very much. I don't think I can get almond oil here. But I know a lady who sells argan oil. I will use dat. I just bought eden apricot face and body scrub. How much is the soap?

Where are you based? I know eden body scrub it's alright.
Re: Model,iman, Shares Secrets To Beautiful Skin by jbblues24(m): 6:51pm On Jun 01, 2019
My parent rates this idea very splendid!! embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Funny Pics: Evolution Of Sagging / Which Of These Traditional Hairstyles Would You Rock In This Century? / Abdulahi Olatoyan On Ebony Life TV, Now Looks Fresh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.