Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

Oshiomole's Aides Murder: Why Can't The Police Admit That They Were Wrong? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomole's Aides Murder: Why Can't The Police Admit That They Were Wrong? (1091 Views)

Buhari Receives Giant Birthday Card From His Aides (Photos) / Police Arrest Oshiomole's Driver / Fellow Buhari Supporters Time To Admit That Something Is Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomole's Aides Murder: Why Can't The Police Admit That They Were Wrong? by silica(m): 10:34pm On Mar 05, 2013
The murder of Adams Oshiomile's personal Secretary exposed some terrible happening in our Police force. How innocent citizens are framed up and killed just so the police can claim to be working. Unfortunately, instead of admitting that they were wrong, they have been hiding under one lie to cover their shame including using the newspaper to sing their own praise. In one particular article whichever appeared here on Nairaland, they even recommended promotion for the "galant" officers that carried out the shameful investigation.
https://www.nairaland.com/1110596/oyerinde-kudos-police
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/oyerinde-kudos-to-police/
If you have never lost someone to police brutality or framed charges, you may never understand that what we have is not a police that protect the citizens, but a group of people possessed by evil. What do we do we are men in black?
Re: Oshiomole's Aides Murder: Why Can't The Police Admit That They Were Wrong? by Queste: 10:51pm On Mar 05, 2013
Honestly we don't have a police force in Nigeria. The earlier you realised this and take cover when you see them, the safer you are
Re: Oshiomole's Aides Murder: Why Can't The Police Admit That They Were Wrong? by Israelmossaic: 6:27am On Mar 06, 2013
I've since reconnected with God, for that is where safety lies. The NPF has proved to be incompetent in handling security matters. That public hearing exposed them the more. Obviously, when Oshiomole accused them of either shielding the perpetrators, or being behind the murder of Oyerinde, no one took him seriously. It was later that we Discovered that the suspects paraded by d police were already in their cell and the guns they used have since been in police register. Who is deceiving who? We are use to "on top of the situation". Me d go church now cos police na We problem.
Re: Oshiomole's Aides Murder: Why Can't The Police Admit That They Were Wrong? by Joeadamu86: 7:24am On Mar 06, 2013
If there is any word more than shameful,that is how I will describe the NPF,it is so inefficient and corrupt,if not for God who has been protecting us,all of us would have been history because of the NPF's incompetence.Day by day we keep seeing theirs flaws exposing without any remorse,the entire NPF needs overhauling..
Re: Oshiomole's Aides Murder: Why Can't The Police Admit That They Were Wrong? by Euroclydon(m): 9:00am On Mar 06, 2013
Something suggests to me that the Police gallant display of inefficiency and show of shame trails from the head to the last ranking officer. I have even ran out of suggestions on how to remodel the Police cos in the end,it all ends up in the pot of politics!

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomole's Aides Murder: Why Can't The Police Admit That They Were Wrong? by SherlockHolmes1(m): 9:06am On Mar 06, 2013
Na scam dem be na. They should be called the Nigerian Police Joke! NPJ for short wink wink......Next issue jor.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole's Aides Murder: Why Can't The Police Admit That They Were Wrong? by jerusalem101: 9:47am On Mar 06, 2013
The NPF has shown Nigerians that they just bunch of unprofessional goose who fyn pleasure of making a fool out of themselves by out rightly displaying their incompetency to not just Nigerian alone but 2 foreigners in this country,,,,,may God save us from this this crops of guys call police
Re: Oshiomole's Aides Murder: Why Can't The Police Admit That They Were Wrong? by BlackMamba2: 9:48am On Mar 06, 2013
What really buttressed the whole decay in the Police was the reference to money released to buy security equipments. The Police bought just one security gadget with that same amount while the SSS bought 16 of that same equipment with the same amount released, from the same supplier. Haba mana...this is outrageous. They did not even have time to defend that one cos they had a bigger fish to fry with the Oyerinde case. Am sure if they had time to defend that, they would say, the SSS bought a fake version of the equipment. The summary is: Your reputation precedes you.

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomole's Aides Murder: Why Can't The Police Admit That They Were Wrong? by BeraBera(f): 9:51am On Mar 06, 2013
What do u expect from a set of people who would rather detain a witness who came to make a crime report at a police station, instead of following the witness's lead and investigating the crime. Their laziness and unprofessionalism is just increasing by the day.
Re: Oshiomole's Aides Murder: Why Can't The Police Admit That They Were Wrong? by TheKingsQueen: 9:59am On Mar 06, 2013
They thought Oshiomole would accept the result of their investigation just the way Nigerians have been ignorantly and innocently accepting their shoddy investigations all this while.
You know, they were never expecting the SSS to investigate the matter. It was that SSS investigation that really exposed how they set up either innocent people or old suspects in their custody to own up to a crime. it's really a shame. The NPF needs a total overhauling, from top to bottom.
Re: Oshiomole's Aides Murder: Why Can't The Police Admit That They Were Wrong? by bubadaniel13: 10:03am On Mar 06, 2013
I like the courage of Governor Adams Oshiomole he didn't mince words in accusing the NPF for the murder of his Secretary,why can't the NPF own up to its complacency and unprofessional ism, Nigeria's Secret police,that is the SSS has done a good job and the NPF is still disputing its work recommending promotion for the officers who staged managed the crime,can u imagine,its high time that the NPF admits it wrongs and solicit for prayers to understand its original focus,cos it appears that they have completely lost focus...
Re: Oshiomole's Aides Murder: Why Can't The Police Admit That They Were Wrong? by KingSolomonI: 10:05am On Mar 06, 2013
Black Mamba: What really buttressed the whole decay in the Police was the reference to money released to buy security equipments. The Police bought just one security gadget with that same amount while the SSS bought 16 of that same equipment with the same amount released, from the same supplier. Haba mana...this is outrageous. They did not even have time to defend that one cos they had a bigger fish to fry with the Oyerinde case. Am sure if they had time to defend that, they would say, the SSS bought a fake version of the equipment. The summary is: Your reputation precedes you.

[size=14pt]Even if they defend that as fake, it is working and achieving results. Where was the police when Thisday Newspapers of January 1st 2013 declared the Nigerian soldier and DSS as ''Persons of the Year''? As far as i am concerned, this is not an issue to loose sleep on. Police, just gree say you don goof again as usual make church close... although its not new to us sha... grin[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomole's Aides Murder: Why Can't The Police Admit That They Were Wrong? by touchmehard: 10:05am On Mar 06, 2013
The IG should better know how to clear this mess before it costs him his job. Let him find out where those his investigating officers went wrong, and sanction them accordingly.
Na this kind thing dey make me lose confidence for person body, honestly.
No one wants to believe the Police anymore. Sorry o!

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole's Aides Murder: Why Can't The Police Admit That They Were Wrong? by apala911: 10:08am On Mar 06, 2013
Indeed and of a truth,we lack effective and efficient policing in this country, the NPF needs overhauling of its entire system, if a governor and chief security officer cannot get justice, a state commissioner of police was killed and his aides injured....then the hand writings are clearly on the wall and we need to prophet to tell us that the Federal government need to do something about ineptitude in the Nigeria police force...before the situation becomes a free for all. A force charge with protection of live and property, and cannot protect itself,... then the one million question is can such force protect and champion the cause of the ordinary Nigerian, of course, the answer is capital NO. If the police can cover up and try to muddle investigation into the murder case of a sitting governor's aide.....then what more else cant they not do......its really a situation that calls for serious national emergency and review because day by day, the rot in the NPF is getting messier and alarming.
Re: Oshiomole's Aides Murder: Why Can't The Police Admit That They Were Wrong? by KingGeorge1: 10:11am On Mar 06, 2013
i can stop cheesy after reading that nice piece of fallacy by nigerian police which we all knw r noting but an Apology to this country,plz let them also come up with another piece of foolish write up like this n explain nigerian how Kabiru sokoto escaped n the attack on SARS then we will explain in detail to them how they have fail the country n pple @ large....
Re: Oshiomole's Aides Murder: Why Can't The Police Admit That They Were Wrong? by Itohen: 10:21am On Mar 06, 2013
chooo! naija police never seems to beat my expectations for once.... na so so fall, dem dey fall my hand...dey should go and bury dere head in shame or go hang transformer..... make i go my village go call vigilante group to come to talk FG so that dem go support dem for effective policing because even the vigilante and opc boy come dey try pass this polisch or police. see yeyenatu.... even DCP EZIKE, when appear before the house committee on oyerinde murder talk so teh, he confuse himself...come say OH MY GOD and rope himself say investigation is still on going while giving affirmative findings of the police on the case. MTCHEWWWWW
Re: Oshiomole's Aides Murder: Why Can't The Police Admit That They Were Wrong? by Vegetablesoup: 10:26am On Mar 06, 2013
After readed all your post, i have came to defend the Police with my story:
THE POLICE IS YOUR FRIEND

I was sure that a headache was imminent when around a junction in the Ashimolowo area of Mowe town, we were ordered to stop by fully dressed members of Nigeria Police. The ensuing event was like a miracle to me.

“Oga, I no get change oo.” The driver said in a coarse tone that seemed to indicate that the conversation had begun a long time ago.
“Ok. Ok.” The police officer replied, nodding his head.
“Shebi you know shey na hundred hundred naira.” He said and he spat on the ground.
“I no get change wey pass two hundred naira oo.” The phlegm contained a mixture of sputum and some dirty brown colour that has come to characterize the indiscipline and contempt of the Nigeria Police in my mind.

The driver extended a two hundred naira note to the police officer whose shirt was so badly damaged that I could see neither his name nor his number. He pocketed the money with his left hand in broad daylight and then produced a change of a hundred naira from the right side of his trouser which he handed over to the driver.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=110448:police-still-collects-graft-at-mowe&catid=67:you-report-lagos&Itemid=583

Re: Oshiomole's Aides Murder: Why Can't The Police Admit That They Were Wrong? by MurphyT1: 10:29am On Mar 06, 2013
THEY CAN'T BECAUSE IT WILL FURTHER EXPOSE THEIR INCOMPETENCE, INEFFICIENCY AND UNPROFESSIONAL ROLE THEY MUST HAVE SUCCEEDED TO HIDE IN THE PAST, THIS CASE HAS BROUGHT ALL TO FORE, IT'S REALLY SHAMEFUL.. I HAD TO WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS TO SHOW HOW INFURIATED AND DISSAPOINTED I AM WITH NIGERIAN POLICE, MOST IF NOT ALL DON'T DESERVE TO BE CALLED POLICE OFFICERS. I FOLLOWED THIS OYERINDE'S CASE SERIOUSLY, RIGHT FROM WHEN THE GOV PETITIONED THE PRESIDENT, AND THE PRESIDENT WENT AHEAD TO CHARGE THE POLICE AND SSS TO UNRAVEL THE KILLERS. UNFORTUNATELY FOR THE POLICE, LIKE THE USUALLY DO, LUCK RAN OUT ON THEM, WHILE THE PARADED SUSPECTS THEY HAD ALREADY DETAINED IN THEIR CELLS, INCLUDINGS ARMS AND AMMUNITION THAT WAS RECORDED IN THEIR ENTRY BOOK EVEN BEFORE OYERINDE WAS KILLED, AND ACCUSING INNOCENT OGBOLO, THE SSS WERE PAINSTAKINGLY TRYING TO GET THE MAIN PERPETRATORS WHICH THE FINALLY DID. IT JUST SHOWS HOW LAZY THE POLICE ARE, THAT MEANS, THEY CANT BE TRUSTED, ONLY GOD KNOWS HOW MANY INNOCENT CITIZENS HAVE BEEN VICTIMS OF THEIR INIMICAL ACT..ITS JUST A PITY THAT NOW THAT THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO BE ONTOP OF THEIR GAME, THEY ARE STIL CRAWLING BEHIND..THAT IS WHY THE MILITARY HAS BEEN CO OPTED TO HELP..SMH.
MEANWHILE, I LEARNT NASS ASKED THEM TO FIND THE KILLERS OF THE LATE COMPOL OF KWARA shocked CHAI! *hands on my head* ...HOW, WHY? THIS WILL CAUSE ALOT OF INNOCENT PPLE'S HEAD O, ALREADY I HEARD THEY HAVE ARRESTED ALL YOUTHS IN THE COMMUNITY, Chineke!...I PITY THOSE INNOCENT ONES SHA...IF I HAD MY WAY, THOUGH COMMON MAN VOICE NO DEY MAKE SENSE FOR NAIJA, I WUD HAV SUGGESTED THAT THE SSS SHOULD HELP IN TRAINING THIS RASCALS CALLED POLICE, MAYB IT WILL HELP SALVAGE THE SITUATION.
Re: Oshiomole's Aides Murder: Why Can't The Police Admit That They Were Wrong? by Idileke: 10:41am On Mar 06, 2013
It has always become a tradition with the NPF to murder the truth and to promote profligacy......and this age long decadence is eroding the confidence of the populace in the force.....as a matter of dignity, the police seriously goofed in the handling of the murder of oyerinde, and it behove the force to come out and redeem its image by admitting its impudence
Re: Oshiomole's Aides Murder: Why Can't The Police Admit That They Were Wrong? by Euroclydon(m): 10:45am On Mar 06, 2013
Joeadamu86: If there is any word more than shameful,that is how I will describe the NPF,it is so inefficient and corrupt,if not for God who has been protecting us,all of us would have been history because of the NPF's incompetence.Day by day we keep seeing theirs flaws exposing without any remorse,the entire NPF needs overhauling..

yes there are words more than shameful....find them.
Re: Oshiomole's Aides Murder: Why Can't The Police Admit That They Were Wrong? by Camilia247: 11:04am On Mar 06, 2013
Dnt mind them instead they recommended that the officers that took part in this high level 'scam', yes scam, be given promotion for deligence and courage...can u imagine. Anyway i like the Gov's reply, he said, of the truth it takes courage to shield such degree of truth frm de public...shame!
something needs to be done fast, if not so, all security agencies will hav to add police duties to thiers...the Police have failed woefully.
Re: Oshiomole's Aides Murder: Why Can't The Police Admit That They Were Wrong? by Joeadamu86: 11:52am On Mar 06, 2013
Queste: Honestly we don't have a police force in Nigeria. The earlier you realised this and take cover when you see them, the safer you are
I totally agree with you...we must always take extra caution when we see them...
Re: Oshiomole's Aides Murder: Why Can't The Police Admit That They Were Wrong? by KingSolomonI: 12:22pm On Mar 06, 2013
So what happened?
Re: Oshiomole's Aides Murder: Why Can't The Police Admit That They Were Wrong? by usmanyaro17: 12:29pm On Mar 06, 2013
Whether the NPF admits or not in the public court they have already been found guilty in the case,we are just in trouble because we have nothing like police around us,if the NPF can frame up a crime like this then i wonder where lies the hope of the common man...
Re: Oshiomole's Aides Murder: Why Can't The Police Admit That They Were Wrong? by dtemidare: 3:02pm On Mar 06, 2013
POLICE!!! FIND ATTACHED IS A TIP OF THE ICE BERG OF SINS COMMITTED BY THE NPF

FROM EXTRA JUDICIAL KILLINGS TO EXTORTION YOU WILL FIND ALL THERE.

www.opentrial.org
www.nairaland.com/.../nigeria-police-must-face-music
sunnewsonline.com/.../nigeria-police-as-viewed-abroad
www.opensocietyfoundations.org/.../criminal-force-tort
www.ijsst.com/issue/419.pdf
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/will-nigeria-police-end-extra-judicial-killings-/116067/

Re: Oshiomole's Aides Murder: Why Can't The Police Admit That They Were Wrong? by dtemidare: 3:04pm On Mar 06, 2013
cont.

Re: Oshiomole's Aides Murder: Why Can't The Police Admit That They Were Wrong? by BlackMamba2: 3:41pm On Mar 06, 2013
dtemidare: cont.

grin grin grin
Re: Oshiomole's Aides Murder: Why Can't The Police Admit That They Were Wrong? by Joeadamu86: 4:30pm On Mar 06, 2013
Let's just organise prayers and fasting for the NPF maybe something good may come out of it...

(1) (Reply)

Facts, Figures On Jonathan’s Administration By Doyin Okupe / Amunition And Bombs Were Found In Amigo And Wonderland Supermarket Abuja / Boko Haram Creates New Hot Movie - Watch Trailer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.