Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Was Nani's Red Card Justified? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Was Nani's Red Card Justified? (30313 Views)

Diego Lopez Punch On Vidic's Face Worse Than Nani's Collussion With Arbeloa / Sir Alex Ferguson Blames Nani For MANU Defeat To Chelsea / Messi Red Card: Should Messi Have Gotten A Red Card In The Barca V Chelsea Game? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by b03liberty(m): 10:53am On Mar 06, 2013
yes. He deserve it. 1-2 . Sefinir!
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by ideylaff: 10:54am On Mar 06, 2013
Orblonde: If you don't think it is a red card then ask a referee what dangerous play is. Don't let the uk media brainwash you. If that was Real they would be talking different.

Thank you very much

Just takes me back to all the Straight Reds Man U have had in top games ...

2 4 Chelsea ds season.... within 20 mins

1 for Man City last year

Eboue got a red for less 2 seasons ago

Stevie Gerarrd got a red last season for less as well

PAYBACK TIME FOR THE SMELLY MANCS....Let them keep cryimg like babbies.... I bet Howard Webb is crying as well, and man U have put a contract out for th Ref for
next seaasons CL.... They want to buy him @ all costs.....

Red all day long.... especially nani rolling on the floor trying to con d ref.........

They have bn getting away with murder over the years....

They wrecked Arsenasl 49 - ) with a Rooney dive... years ago...

Who cares.... they can cry all day long

Eboue got Red for less .....

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1013603_MrAllC3A9C3B12020CC9020CC9020CC90_jpgcb218a3fd9f324e2382d8b3f9507a36e
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Leemak: 10:55am On Mar 06, 2013
'Law of Karma'.......God thank u for disgracing Man U in England @ Old Trafford in d face of Man U paid dubiuos overated-english referees........nemesis catch dem!!!
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by sayso: 10:55am On Mar 06, 2013
Frostyzone:

And Mourinho has this to say after the game;

"Independent of the decision, the best team lost. We didn't deserve to win, but football is like this"

Methinks that Mourinho knew Madrid were totally outclassed prior to the sending off.
Guy listen to the line and expression.That was a political statement. He got the victory and that is all he wants.

2 Likes

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by born2boink(m): 10:55am On Mar 06, 2013
I'm an arsenal fan, thank God manchester united played before us,we are going home together but they went first....every man U fan should go to hell and meet their red devil, since dem already bi devil fan
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by tommykiwi(m): 10:56am On Mar 06, 2013
am an arsenal fan.Dis does not merit a red card.A yellow would av been ok because it was not intentional.So the referee went too far and was totally wrong abt the red card..Manutd you guys tried.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Abraham2013(m): 10:57am On Mar 06, 2013
If man united fans r saying d red card given to nani was wrong, den mark clattenburg should be sent to jail. It's obvious man united cannot play without d help of a bad ref. I bet u nani won't hav gotten a red card if it was EPL game.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by stagger: 10:57am On Mar 06, 2013
I am a Man U fan. Here is what happened.

a) Nani was obviously watching the ball all the way and was trying to control the ball.
b) The unfortunate contact with Arbeloa was purely accidental.

However, the FIFA rule under which the referee issued the red card clearly states that if a player makes a contact that is deemed to seriously endanger the safety and well-being of the opposing player, the referee has to issue a red card.

Clearly, the law was made to protect players and no human law is perfect. It does not take into account whether the contact was accidental or not. The overriding premise is "safety of the opposing player". So as much as I hate to admit it, the red card according to the present rules, was justified.

If that contact had been made to the Arbeloa's jaw or the back of his head for instance, we would have been talking something else. Footballers have died from such misplaced contacts accidental or not and there is nothing we can do about it.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Yuzarsif(m): 10:57am On Mar 06, 2013
Hard luck 2 all man u fans bt d red card is not justified it should be yellow card.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Reference(m): 10:59am On Mar 06, 2013
ROCK-J:
Let by gone be by gone, red card or not a good team can still win with ten men. Chelsea did it against Barcelona in thesame champions league. Better luck next time to Man U.

Yes, I thinkthis should be the question. Whether the red card changed the outcome of the match because when you consider the UCL over the last few years the knock out rounds always seem to produce these controversial card moments. That's where the term 'uefalona' was coined. Of course it did not deter fantastic teams like Internazionale Milano back then. If United were fantastic and 'destined' to win the cup they could still have triumphed afterall they had all the aces., an away goal, playing at home, a gifted home goal and of course a jaded CR7. With all these incentives and still blew it, haba.

1 Like

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by sayso: 11:02am On Mar 06, 2013
Frostyzone:

And Mourinho has this to say after the game;

"Independent of the decision, the best team lost. We didn't deserve to win, but football is like this"

Methinks that Mourinho knew Madrid were totally outclassed prior to the sending off.

The law

Fifa law 12, fouls and misconduct, states: "A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play." It clarifies: "Excessive force means that the player has far exceeded the necessary use of force and is in danger of injuring his opponent."
Aak yourself if Nani did any of those.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Emoticon: 11:04am On Mar 06, 2013
omonnakoda: The referee was not African. I am sure there are a few Europeans,Asians and Americans who agree with the referee
The logic on display in the above quote is exactly what we do NOT need in Africa. What kind of reasoning is that. We are talking of a red card and you extend that to the whole of Africa. Haba !
Don't mind that nyash pie! I wanted to quote him but changed my mind cos if I do, I would tell him words he wont like.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by nastydamus(m): 11:04am On Mar 06, 2013
Johnny Evans did same against Drogba but got away with it, thanks to the English ref officiating on the day.
For crying out loud, Nani "could've killed the poor lad".
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by afeeshassan: 11:06am On Mar 06, 2013
Nani allowed the ref to take such decision by rolling on ground when all the official knows that ur tackle is dangerouse.that is stimulation which is even a yellow card offence.but such a big matche yellow card it is ok.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by misterseed(m): 11:09am On Mar 06, 2013
Honestly, i screamed when the card was flashed on Nani. I felt it was unjustified. However, on second thought, i felt the referee saw it as dangerous play and treated it as you would, a two legged tackle. It was the referee's call and anybody's argument but the deed is done. It is the game of football. It is just that it did not favor Man U this time.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by lainex(m): 11:09am On Mar 06, 2013
nani turned into bruce lee cant imagine da kick when its nt kick boxing.........inshort na double red da ref suppose give am self
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by andyanders: 11:10am On Mar 06, 2013
He did it, understood his mistake, tried to fake injury and when he realized he could not when the referee gave him straight red card, he was confused. Yes he deserves it because he just played kunfu there but Bruce Lee was not there when he did that. If not that the guy was careful to have dodged his leg, that could have resulted in straight death or injury. So the red card was justified.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Reference(m): 11:10am On Mar 06, 2013
ROCK-J:
Let by gone be by gone, red card or not a good team can still win with ten men. Chelsea did it against Barcelona in thesame champions league. Better luck next time to Man U.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Tjohnnay: 11:10am On Mar 06, 2013
J-Mystique:
Anyone football watcher who saw that incident and thought it was a stra8 red should do the world a favour and stop watching football
shatttaaaaaap, wat ab d torres red card against man utd @ stamford bridge , ws dat also a red card, stupid man utd, I hate d club, hala madrid cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Gbenge77(m): 11:11am On Mar 06, 2013
Regarding the Ucl match between United and Madrid,recriminations grow,and soccer spat escalates.Nonetheless,i feel compelled to declare that United got paid back with their own coin.that is the unvarnished truth
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by BodyKiss(m): 11:12am On Mar 06, 2013
I can tell from the comments, that most people saying the red card was deserving didn't watch the match or just letting their hate for Man Utd cloud their judgment. @poster am sure there's a better video of that incident than the one you posted here. You can see from the below video everybody was surprised at the ref's decision. No person on the planet saw it coming except the ref.

This is a better video to judge the incident, listen to the commentators, watch the reaction of Madrid's players. The ref's decision was a shocker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4NQsphCWQY
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Tjohnnay: 11:14am On Mar 06, 2013
All man utd dat says its nt a red card, u guyz ar maddd, u r high on weed, u remeber jonny evans tackle againt drogba, instead d stupid ref gave drogba yellow card..... Nd u guyz ar complaining tongue tongue
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Ichel: 11:16am On Mar 06, 2013
tongue

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by BodyKiss(m): 11:18am On Mar 06, 2013
stagger: I am a Man U fan. Here is what happened.

a) Nani was obviously watching the ball all the way and was trying to control the ball.
b) The unfortunate contact with Arbeloa was purely accidental.

However, the FIFA rule under which the referee issued the red card clearly states that if a player makes a contact that is deemed to seriously endanger the safety and well-being of the opposing player, the referee has to issue a red card.

Clearly, the law was made to protect players and no human law is perfect. It does not take into account whether the contact was accidental or not. The overriding premise is "safety of the opposing player". So as much as I hate to admit it, the red card according to the present rules, was justified.

If that contact had been made to the Arbeloa's jaw or the back of his head for instance, we would have been talking something else. Footballers have died from such misplaced contacts accidental or not and there is nothing we can do about it.

So according to you, Madrid keeper should have been sent off for punching Vidic on the head instead of the ball? Because it was a clear punch on Vidic's head, whether he did it intentionally or not.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 06, 2013
BodyKiss: I can tell from the comments, that most people saying the red card was deserving didn't watch the match or just letting their hate for Man Utd cloud their judgment. @poster am sure there's a better video of that incident than the one you posted here. You can see from the below video everybody was surprised at the ref's decision. No person on the planet saw it coming except the ref.

This is a better video to judge the incident, listen to the commentators, watch the reaction of Madrid's players. The ref's decision was a shocker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4NQsphCWQY
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by scholes23(m): 11:18am On Mar 06, 2013
Presently I'm watching sky sports news and looking at this situation, something similar to yesterday's scenario was flashed back and that was the match btw WESTHAM and EVERTON where Carlton Cole was given a red card for something very very similar to that of Nani's tackle, now let's leave that aside if PEPE or SERGIO RAMOS did something similar, I'm sure we'll end up saying these guys deserve to be suspended and in fact the FIFA rules which was read proves the referee RIGHT abt his decisions and so let's not be biased or sentimental in judging people's actions and as such I'll conclude by saying that NANI'S RED CARD WAS JUSTIFIED.

1 Like

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Nobody: 11:19am On Mar 06, 2013
licensed2k: He was tryna control the ball midair and arbeloa ran through him fully awared....
If you think that was a red card, you are either anti man united or your mediocrity level has gone up off the charts.
The @OP intention was to paint nani in a bad light or how do u explain showin only the side that makes nani looked like the culprit. Arbeloa saw him, he knew what he was running into.
Nuf said.
Listen tot his fhool. So Arbeloa should let him control the ball before making his own move? No be first to reach be football again? Nigger shut the fucck up.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by anyaekekehinde(m): 11:19am On Mar 06, 2013
my problem is this ; was nani trying to control d ball mid air with is attention totally focused on the ball 0R he was going for a tackle. Pls lets clarify dis befor we decide whether it was just or not. People are just trying to justify d refrees act based on a high foot, but we hav seen henry, berbertov, drogba and host of other players raise their boot high to control d ball mid air. When trying to control a ball mid-air we all know your all attention must be focused on the flight of the ball.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by TableLeg(m): 11:20am On Mar 06, 2013
J-Mystique:
Mehn nigerians can display stupidity online,hw is that a str8 red,this sort of clashes happen every week in football,nani jumped to control a baL not knowing Arbeloa was coming from BEHIND,with his eye on the ball the whole time.How about Diego Lopez who punched RVP str8 in the face while trying to punch the ball is that a red?.Even RM players were suprised @ it,according 2 the commentator the ref was the only person in the stadium who thought dt was a red.I knw you all hate Manu bt its no reason to type crap when the whole world has agreed that it was an injustice
That being said,ref has been helping manu b4 tho,its karma
I think you are the stupid dumb fu...ck here.
It is a red card, end off!
Deserved and sorry for getting slapped out of the tournament!
Sore losers ... Red or not, Madrid would have thumped you lot still!!!
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by andyanders: 11:22am On Mar 06, 2013
afees hassan: Nani allowed the ref to take such decision by rolling on ground when all the official knows that ur tackle is dangerouse.that is stimulation which is even a yellow card offence.but such a big matche yellow card it is ok.

That was simulation as he acted out of contest ,by trying to fake injury.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by maj007(m): 11:22am On Mar 06, 2013
Toyolad: Though he was lookin at d ball nd didnt c albeloa comin bt dat kinda tackle isn't allowed in champions league games....moreover his feet was at albeloa's rib 4 2 secs nd seein wat he did,he startd rollin on d floor as if he was d injured man. D ref made d rite decision 2me oo

Then real madrid's goalkeeper should have been red carded too for that straight punch to the head in vidic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Crystal Palace Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 16th August 2015 / Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 / Liverpool Vs Manchester United (0 - 0) On 14th October 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.