Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

Help Is Needed. Mr Lekan and Alagbon Police Are trying To defraud Us. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help Is Needed. Mr Lekan and Alagbon Police Are trying To defraud Us. (3384 Views)

Serviced 3 Bedrooms Flat To Let At Ikoyi Near Alagbon Close. / Serviced 3bedrooms Flat Apartment To Let Ikoyi Near Alagbon Close. / Serviced 3 Bedroom Flat Apartment To Let At Ikoyi Near Alagbon Close. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Is Needed. Mr Lekan and Alagbon Police Are trying To defraud Us. by Suntemi(m): 1:16pm On Mar 06, 2013
Help is needed here please.

I and a friend needed apartments and we paid to one Mr. Lekan who is the actual person in charge of the house at 13, Bashiru str. I paid 170k for a room self contain to balance 60k as payment for 18 months rent inclusive of arrangement and legal charges. My friend also paid 170k for a room self contain as payment for 12 months rent inclusive of arrangement and legal charges. Mr. Lekan who was in charge of the house promised initially when we paid in October that the house will be ready by the end of November. As at that time the house was 85% completed. We kept calling Mr. lekan about any development, he kept promising to be patient. We went to inspect the house severe times and we never for once met anyone in the apartment we paid for that claims he/she also paid for same apartment.

On the 28th of February which is suppose to be the day to pack into our apartment. We met a lot of people in the house claiming to have paid for our apartments. We were later told Mr. Lekan had be taken to Alagbon Police Station. We went there immediately. One police man who happens to be the IPO in charge told us everyone involved to wtrite statement and attach our proof of payment (Receipt). We did so, waited to hear what's next, we were told to keep checking back to know about the process of the case.

I called the iPO this morning about the process of the case, I was told to keep calling as there's no progress yet. I'm tired of waiting. People kept telling me to forget about the money that it's gone. I don't want to believe this as I feel if I let this go just like that, another person will hear this story and do the same.

The polices at Alagbon seems not to be doing anything about the case because they have refused us seeing the said Mr. Lekan on the ground that we as harmless as we are may hurt him. They kept asking us to check back. They didn't allow lawyers to even see him. The house is located at 13, Bashiru Str. Ojodu Berger not No. 10, the people involved are more than 200 not 70 and the sum involved is more than 30M naira not 5.2m naira as published by National Mirror. I saw receipt of 500k, 750k 280k and so on the first day I was at Alagbon.

I also heard Mr. Lekan reported himself to the police though I don't really know how true that is. But from the look of things, the polices at Alagbon are not doing anything about the case. They kept promising us they will look into it. It seems they are trying to prolong this case so as to later sweep it under the rug. This is Nigeria, where the higher bidder wins the case no matter the gravity of his crime.

I'm seeking Nairalanders' help and advice to fight this dubious act. Thanks

Securing accommodation in Lagos is usually fraught with a lot of obstacles. No fewer than 70 intending tenants have just been taken on a jolly ride by a callous estate agent. How did he do it?

Tension has heightened on Bashiru Street, in Ojodu Berger area of Lagos State as no fewer than 70 house seekers are at logger heads over the occupation of the same apartments which they had already paid for.

The aspiring tenants are battling on two fronts: while they are struggling among themselves to take possession of available apartments that they could find themselves in, they are also facing threats in the hands of suspected hoodlums, who apparently had been hired to chase them away from the building.

The commotion on No. 10, Bashiru Street house is reported to have been orchestrated by the caretaker of the building, who had allegedly fleeced would-be tenants of amount running into millions of naira.

The caretaker, identified simply as Lekan, had allegedly duped house seekers the said amount and promised all of them apartments not more than six blocks of flats and a couple of self contained apartments. Lekan, who displayed bill board announcing vacancy into the apartment in front of his shop and on leaflets distributed around major streets and bus stops in Agege and Ojodu area of the metropolis, had been approached by a couple of dozen house seekers for that purpose.

It is reported that once a house seeker approached him in respect if the building, Lekan would tell him or her that the building was nearing completion and that the owners needed some money to carry out the final phase.

Thus, since September 2012, a lot of house seekers had been paying various sums of money into Lekan’s accounts. The amount reportedly paid into his account by each of the tenants-to-be ranges between N180, 000 – N350, 000. Once the payments are made, Lekan would issue a receipt to the payee. It is also reported that some of the house seekers were approached by the caretaker’s agents ostensibly working for Lekan.

It is claimed that the receipts issued in respect of the house either by Lekan himself or agents bore Lekan’s stamps, handwritings and company name.

The bubble bust when all of them around to take possession of the apartments they had paid for since the deadline given by the caretaker had already lapsed.

From the beginning of last week of the month, truckloads of the aspiring started arriving at the compound. But to their chagrin, none of them was allowed access into the compound. Suspected hoodlums had already taken possession of the building.

The hoodlums were reportedly enveloped in thick waft of marijuana smoke, and they were also reportedly wielding weapons. The hoodlums’ claim was that they were not given any orders to allow any of the tenants to move into the building.

All attempts to get Lekan and discuss the issue with him proved unfruitful as he no longer go to his office. The matter was later reported at Alausa, the Lagos State seat of government, as suggested by one of the victims and Lekan was picked up and remanded in police custody at Alagbon, in Ikoyi, on Lagos Island.

Speaking to Saturday Mirror on telephone, one of the victims of Lekan’s antics, who identified himself as Mr. Ejere, claimed that the caretaker promised him that he would move into a three-bedroom apartment by the end of February.

However, he continued, when he went there to assess how far work had gone, he was shocked to learn that a lot other would-be tenants had been turned back from entering the compound. His words:“I only hear that some caretaker dupe people, but I have never witnessed it in my life.

But it is happening to me right now. We all paid money to move into the house but were shocked to hear that the man collected money from a host of other people. Most, if not all of us that paid either to him, or through his agents, cannot have enter into the compound.” Ejere continued: “When I visited the place to see how the truck bringing in my stuffs would move, I was shocked to see about 10 able-bodied men smoking Indian hemp stationed in and outside the compound. They were also brandishing dangerous weapons.

They have been preventing any of us who had paid for the place to even enter there. Another set of victim of the caretaker’s fraud are Mr. and Mrs. Olasumbo, who claimed to have paid N280, 000 to him but could not move into the apartment they paid for.

According to the Olasumbos: “We were supposed to move into the house last week, but to our surprise, the thugs stationed at the gate would not allow us entry. It is also surprising because even when we went there and saw this crisis, some interested people were still being brought to come and inspect the house.”

Lekan, the caretaker, could not be reached since he is already cooling his heels at Alagbon, but a young woman at his shop told reporters that many people had been coming there threatening fire and brimstone.

According to the woman identified as Bimpe, “I do not know where Oga (boss) went to but I noticed that a lot of people have been coming here to make noise. But I cannot answer them since I do not know what transpired between them and Oga,” A police source at Alagbon confirmed the detention of Lekan.

The source also claimed that some of the victims of the fraud had been thronging the police command, adding that investigations were still ongoing.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/house-of-commotion-caretaker-dupes-70-intending-tenants-n5-2m/
Re: Help Is Needed. Mr Lekan and Alagbon Police Are trying To defraud Us. by Suntemi(m): 1:18pm On Mar 06, 2013
Moderators, I'm begging, I need this on the Front page. Thanks

I saw the Nation Mirror article while searching online this morning.
Re: Help Is Needed. Mr Lekan and Alagbon Police Are trying To defraud Us. by Atiluv(m): 2:07pm On Mar 06, 2013
Pls nairalander crew, A̷̷̴̐͠♍ pleadin wit anyone in possition †̥o help out of dis mess should pls rise for dis my guy.

Cus I was der dis mowin wen he called d so kal officer in charge of d case aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ it was jst as if d man was droping his call... I pray d hidden fins btwn d police and so kal mr Lekan wil b xpos cus dis money no be yahoo money Ooº°˚ ˚°ºo . He ₩Θя̩̥̊κ̣̝̇ so hrd †̥o get d money
Re: Help Is Needed. Mr Lekan and Alagbon Police Are trying To defraud Us. by softtouch2(m): 2:10pm On Mar 06, 2013
@Suntemi: Can many of you guys involved come together and go to media house, before Alagbon Masquerades sweep this case under carpet?

You and only few maybe the only people following the issues with our figurative Police in black-uniform.
Let attention of Lagos State Govt be drawn to this issue. You will be surprised that all of you guys statement may have been re-written by these uniform Pigs.
I don't hid my dislikes for them, they always knew the truth but devised many ways of killing the truth, that's while police rarely live happy life till old age.
Re: Help Is Needed. Mr Lekan and Alagbon Police Are trying To defraud Us. by Suntemi(m): 2:49pm On Mar 06, 2013
Atiluv, Thanks. Soft, Thanks for the advice. I will try and get everyone involved together.
Re: Help Is Needed. Mr Lekan and Alagbon Police Are trying To defraud Us. by baslone: 3:04pm On Mar 06, 2013
It's an old trade. Whatever you do, please bear in mind
That the police are involved in this deal. They usually negotiate for
A certain percentAge of the total cost. Same applies to visa scams. Those guys are cursed
Re: Help Is Needed. Mr Lekan and Alagbon Police Are trying To defraud Us. by Chitexs250(m): 3:59pm On Mar 06, 2013
What you guys need now is just divine intervention and a quick miracle because those men in black uniform don't care about the betterment of the oppress at all instead they will find any means to take there  own share of the money involved 

So you guys should act as fast as possible may be by raising serious alarm in there station
Re: Help Is Needed. Mr Lekan and Alagbon Police Are trying To defraud Us. by Suntemi(m): 5:56am On Mar 08, 2013
Moderators, for God's sake, help me front page this thread. I'm pleading.
Re: Help Is Needed. Mr Lekan and Alagbon Police Are trying To defraud Us. by cupcup: 8:19pm On Mar 09, 2013
Who ever posted this blog had not been following up. Well the case ain't between lekan and alagbon. The case is in court.

Lekan ran outter cash to finish p the house, buh he uses people's hard earned money to finishup the house. Which means the house its self is now cursed.

Here is the true story.

Lekan is just a builder, the Real owner of the house is a 80's old man, nd fucking Rich! As in Rich in money and connection. Now, lekan didn't have enough money to finish up the house, and the old man noticed that, yet the old man called lekan "Let me give U̶̲̥̅̊ 25 million nd den leave the house i'll take care of it", lekan said NO. And he replied the old man! 25 million is too small, after all I spent more than 30 million on the house. , Baba asked Lekan again Let me give you 35 million he didn't agree, buh when the pressure was too much on him from the old man that the house is taking too long, he decided to collect money from any intending tenants....

Please NOTE: there is an agreement between that old man and Lekan that once lekan finishes the house he will maintain the house for 18 years... As in he will be the CEO for 18 years then it will be back in baba's hand again, buh wit the situation of things baba wants his property back from lekan!

I was @ alagbon on Thursday 7th march, to write a statment,. All I noticed was that LEKAN is insisting they take him to court ! FROM someone who knws him very well said he had been in this game all this while, Police picks him up and releases him later on, and also he's got lots of charms! (science )

We have Gone to lawyers office, lawyer saw the large numbers being up to 177+++ as a victim, ....

The old man claims once I can win my‎​ property back, ‎​​am going to pay all the victims the money back.. But before he can pay back, he needs his property back in his possession.

Mr Blogger keep up to date. nd latest news is this week determines our Faith.
Re: Help Is Needed. Mr Lekan and Alagbon Police Are trying To defraud Us. by Suntemi(m): 9:57pm On Mar 09, 2013
I was at the station yesterday with my friend. We talked with the polices, they said they will soon take Mr. Lekan to court. That means they haven't charge him to court yet.

Also we demanded to see him to confirm if truly he is still in detention, the polices initially refused to allow us see him but when we started complaining and insisting the man has been freed, They took us to him though we were not allowed to speak him. I may not have info like you but that doesn't mean I've not been following the issue.

One of the reason I put up this thread is to find out if any other nairalander is involve.
Re: Help Is Needed. Mr Lekan and Alagbon Police Are trying To defraud Us. by cupcup: 10:15pm On Mar 09, 2013
I see, but for some reason, the police will not let people to see Lekan, the only time that we were allowd to see him is because the station was filled up with about 100 of people, and all said we want to see HIM.. buh the resonds "Please select few people that will see him, you all can not see him" people showing hanger...

like i said the case is already in court, EFCC is already aware.. FESTUS KIYAMO is willing to assist but victims are not complying....
Re: Help Is Needed. Mr Lekan and Alagbon Police Are trying To defraud Us. by Suntemi(m): 10:23pm On Mar 09, 2013
The problem is getting everyone together. When we went there yesterday, We were the only one there. So I don't really know how we are going to get everyone involve. Mind you some have already given up.

For real the money isn't something I can't forget about but I just feel its very stupid of me to allow him just go with the money I worked for just like that. Even if its 10k, I worked for it and will go a long way if donated to charity.
Re: Help Is Needed. Mr Lekan and Alagbon Police Are trying To defraud Us. by cupcup: 10:35pm On Mar 10, 2013
Ok. But you have to know that, we have organized a meeting and we re to meet again on Tuesday @ that same house that's where the meeting point is, and as a matter of fact a whole lot of people are not aware still, but you should know that, there is a list everyone is writing their names, as a matter of fact to get ur money ain't from lekan. The owner of the house insited that he will pay everyone their money. So u don't fall behind, send me an , if ur name is on the list, you should be getting text messages, so now be informed and also tell that friend of urs, about the meeting so you know what the progress is, would av luv to give U̶̲̥̅̊ my‎​ contact here buh I can't, if can find a way of contacting me. We could talk more. Give me ur email.
Re: Help Is Needed. Mr Lekan and Alagbon Police Are trying To defraud Us. by Suntemi(m): 7:27am On Mar 11, 2013
This is my email temitech27@yahoo.com thanks so much.
Re: Help Is Needed. Mr Lekan and Alagbon Police Are trying To defraud Us. by niyion(m): 11:28pm On Apr 02, 2013
Good day all. I truly appreciate every one's contribution conercing No 13 Bashiru Street Ojodu berger.
I am one †ђξ leader of the affected victims on the said above House. We have wrtten to Governor of Lagos State and he directed us to Lagos State Real esate only for those people to tell us to start paying N3000 each they later brought it down to N2500. When I told my people they were not happy with that. Pls Nigerians let's be our brothers keeper if you know any means help can come to us please don't esistate to do pls come to our aid. Our hope was †ђξ government but unfortunately they disappointed us by asking us to pay N2500 each. Which way Nigeria. Niyion@yahoo.co.uk ipls
Re: Help Is Needed. Mr Lekan and Alagbon Police Are trying To defraud Us. by sapphiren(f): 12:25pm On Apr 03, 2013
HI Niyion,

I am one of the people Lekan defrauded. i have been looking for someone to give me an update until i saw your post. I assumed Cupcup is following up closely on this and i was expecting an update from him since his last post March 09 2013.

Cupcup says EFCC is aware. My question is ''is he sure of this?'' if not i think we should follow up with EFCC of this.

Secondly, i understand the real owner of the property is willing to refund the victims? where are we on this now? i really do wish Cupcup can respond to my questions and then we can put heads together and know where to face. its really hard to let go because i know how hard it was for me to part with N280,000 just for a room self contain because i needed shelter. N180,000 of that money i gave Lekan was on loan. I paid for the accommodation since july 2012 and has been floating since then.I have lost most of my properties since then and more are wasting as the days go by.

Niyion since you are one of the leaders of the group what of Lawyer Ubanni? What is his story?
Re: Help Is Needed. Mr Lekan and Alagbon Police Are trying To defraud Us. by Suntemi(m): 12:36pm On Apr 03, 2013
Never knew so many nairalanders are involve. That's the reason I have begged the moderators to get this thread to the front page but they wouldn't do it.
Re: Help Is Needed. Mr Lekan and Alagbon Police Are trying To defraud Us. by sapphiren(f): 12:40pm On Apr 03, 2013
yes temi, |I even wrote you yesterday via your email. i was expecting your response untill i saw Niyion's post.

Pls have you heard from Cupcup? Do you have more resent update.
Re: Help Is Needed. Mr Lekan and Alagbon Police Are trying To defraud Us. by Suntemi(m): 12:48pm On Apr 03, 2013
Cupcup is not in Lagos at the moment, if Niyion is the same tall dark Niyi that's part of the leaders then I think Niyi is the one you need to direct your questions to because he knows matter. I saw your email. So sorry I didn't reply. I was very busy.
Re: Help Is Needed. Mr Lekan and Alagbon Police Are trying To defraud Us. by TableLeg(m): 12:51pm On Apr 03, 2013
SMh ............. sad
Re: Help Is Needed. Mr Lekan and Alagbon Police Are trying To defraud Us. by Suntemi(m): 12:51pm On Apr 03, 2013
And about Barrister Ubani, we've gotten over him long ago. He is not a straight forward person.
Re: Help Is Needed. Mr Lekan and Alagbon Police Are trying To defraud Us. by niyion(m): 12:59pm On Apr 03, 2013
Good day all. Barr. Ubani is not reliable by God's grace I and 6 others was with Festus Keyamo Yesterday and He is in charge thank God he accepted us. So let's keep praying all things works well.
Re: Help Is Needed. Mr Lekan and Alagbon Police Are trying To defraud Us. by sapphiren(f): 1:06pm On Apr 03, 2013
sapphiren: HI Niyion,

I am one of the people Lekan defrauded. i have been looking for someone to give me an update until i saw your post. I assumed Cupcup is following up closely on this and i was expecting an update from him since his last post March 09 2013.

Cupcup says EFCC is aware. My question is ''is he sure of this?'' if not i think we should follow up with EFCC of this.

Secondly, i understand the real owner of the property is willing to refund the victims? where are we on this now? i really do wish Cupcup can respond to my questions and then we can put heads together and know where to face. its really hard to let go because i know how hard it was for me to part with N280,000 just for a room self contain because i needed shelter. N180,000 of that money i gave Lekan was on loan. I paid for the accommodation since july 2012 and has been floating since then.I have lost most of my properties since then and more are wasting as the days go by.

Niyion since you are one of the leaders of the group what of Lawyer Ubanni? What is his story?
Re: Help Is Needed. Mr Lekan and Alagbon Police Are trying To defraud Us. by sapphiren(f): 1:09pm On Apr 03, 2013
Thanks for the update Niyion. We pray all this ends well. God will not allow the wicked to go unpunished. What do you think if EFCC is also carried along?
Re: Help Is Needed. Mr Lekan and Alagbon Police Are trying To defraud Us. by cupcup: 12:01am On Apr 14, 2013
BACK in GIDI.... Now @sapphiren the question you asked had been answered. but in conclusion BARRISTER UBANI knows the answer already but he couldn't say it out due to the fact that the old fool involved in this matter buys his way through him.. and a message to handicap/limping toes lawyer named ROnke that calls her self a lawyer, she should practice her law in the jungle, they all forget that it could happen to anyone. buh the main truth is that AN OLD MAN WHO SHOULD HAVE GONE TO HIS GRAVE YARD without A/C or HEATER keeps playing an adventure games which he couldn't find his way through.. we are strong heads.. and we have a better formation to get outta this.. Lets Hope for the betterment of it all...

an Ordinary PHOTOGRAPHER to ex president of Nigeria (shagari) he thinks about the present condition and forgot about the after life.

The Game being played is visible and the old fool uses powers money and science to do it the way it is.. the downfall of the building and the OLD FOOLS building commences shortly.. #speaking with anger.

now the Game is formation 4-4-2 and might switch to 5-1-4 soon which means all will be put to shame...

GABOVIES AND LEKAN PLUS EVIL HAZZAN planned it all to scam us.. their bloods bloods bloods will surfer , as in.... maybe they are taking a walk and then 6 tire truck with no break runs over their legs and to kill them... but to turn them to limping ronke under ubani then later on... the hands too should take a copy of the pain.. and lastly.. LEKAN and HAZZAn should be captured and tired up in front on truck and the truck should be placed on a top speed 120km/hr, there after they should both be given hot water to drink... purnishment continues.....

http://e247mag.com/housing-scam-conman-dupes-200-tenants-of-n50-million/

http://lasretrad.com/Complaints.aspx

http://www.nigerianpilot.com/237-accommodation-seekers-lose-n57-5m-to-developer/

http://www.punchng.com/feature/super-saturday/dubious-agent-took-our-money-failed-to-give-us-flats-duped-accommodation-seekers/

UPON ALL the reports news media... why is GABOVIS OUTTER IT?
Re: Help Is Needed. Mr Lekan and Alagbon Police Are trying To defraud Us. by Suntemi(m): 6:00am On Apr 14, 2013
Even with all the links provided the thread still haven't made front page maybe we would have seen someone that can help but I'm not surprised, because its not one of the "picture of Tonto Dike's" thread.

1 Like

Re: Help Is Needed. Mr Lekan and Alagbon Police Are trying To defraud Us. by ceejay80s(m): 9:05am On Apr 14, 2013
If it were me,i would just let it go for a while and when the i.d.i.o.t has settled down properly, i will send some boys to pay him a visit, i will make sure he spends the money in hell, my house no far from mushin and i know guys well. Its really annoying, and except the mod dey practice the same thing, this thread suppose dey front page, if seun open thread for a house on sale, u go see am for frontpage,

1 Like

Re: Help Is Needed. Mr Lekan and Alagbon Police Are trying To defraud Us. by cupcup: 3:25pm On Apr 14, 2013
to build is not easy, but to distroy is the easiest.. which simply means if that house should go down... that gaboshits office plus all en expesive vehicles will be down to ashes...

for over 2months now no result yet. old fool still buying his way out.. CHannels TV collected money to broadcast them but still didn't live it to the air. now come to think of it.. if a gigantic traffic is being caused on that road and it affects every individual so as to expose that OLD FOOL GABOVIES...

1 Like

Re: Help Is Needed. Mr Lekan and Alagbon Police Are trying To defraud Us. by cupcup: 6:18pm On Apr 14, 2013
A pixs of lekan while collecting money from a victim.

Re: Help Is Needed. Mr Lekan and Alagbon Police Are trying To defraud Us. by vexing(m): 10:11pm On Apr 14, 2013
I was also dubbed by this good for nothing God forsaken lekan of a man, the sum of 230k part payment for a Mini flat at that same no. 13 Bashiru Lawal street. Although the police inspector handling the case told me that he (Lekan)has been charge to Chief Magistrate court Ebute meta and this next hearing would be on the 10th of May which is next month.
Re: Help Is Needed. Mr Lekan and Alagbon Police Are trying To defraud Us. by amanikondo: 7:03am On Apr 15, 2013
niyion: We have wrtten to Governor of Lagos State and he directed us to Lagos State Real esate only for those people to tell us to start paying N3000 each they later brought it down to N2500. When I told my people they were not happy with that. Pls Nigerians let's be our brothers keeper if you know any means help can come to us please don't esistate to do pls come to our aid. Our hope was †ђξ government but unfortunately they disappointed us by asking us to pay N2500 each. Which way Nigeria. Niyion@yahoo.co.uk ipls
Lagos Fashola will generate revenue from killing bed bugs.

1 Like

Re: Help Is Needed. Mr Lekan and Alagbon Police Are trying To defraud Us. by cupcup: 12:21pm On Apr 16, 2013
i don't understand why foolish people rule.... and the non foolish are being taken advantage of... shits happens any way i wish i could get a hold of the damn lekan em self.. make i lock am put for my dog cage.. and hazzan should also be locked in lions den.. make the two of them dey chop everlasting pain, and as for gabovis shey e dey use walking stick? make dem lay am down collet walking stick for em hand come dey flog en hands and leg with walking stick.. ah!

#speaking with anger again

(1) (2) (Reply)

Conversion From A Soakaway To Bio Digester / 6 Block Of 4 Bedroom Terrace Duplex , Mini Swimming Pool In V.i To Let / Hectares Acres Plots In The Badagry Axis, With Pics&Video Of Lag - Bad Exp. Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.