Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,357 members, 7,780,968 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:34 AM

Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits (8661 Views)

Excitement In Borno As Troops Reclaim Gudumbari / Massive Traffic As Jonathan Visit Lagos (Photo) / Photos From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally in Sokoto, As Jonathan Visits Sultan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by olokfor: 3:49pm On Mar 06, 2013
Borno state government has declared Friday work-free day for both public and private sector, following the expected visit of PresidentGoodluck Jonathan to the state.

The state government, in a statement signed by the secretary to the state government, Amb.Baba Ahmed Jidda, said the work-free day is to honour the President who is coming to Maiduguri, the Borno state capital for the first time since assuming office as the president .
The President is expected to be in Damaturu, the Yobe state capital on Thursday. Then, he is expected to spend a night in Maiduguri and on Friday to visit some areas as well as meet with Borno elders on the current challenges of insecurity in the state.

Meanwhile, the heavy security presence and restriction of movement in Maiduguri, the Borno state capital, following the visit of Mr. President is beginning to scare many residents.They are seen buying food stuff to keep in theirhomes, in case of any eventuality, as the heavysecurity presence is becoming alarming and scary. The fear has been compounded by the rumour making the rounds that the entire city would be shut down on Friday owing to the President's visit.
The people hope that the visit of Nigeria's number one citizen would not bring bad day forbusiness in the state.

"When the Vice President came, it was a sad day for me. The security has blocked all the roads and there is no business going on. I hope that they would have some human face; because we need to eat and make a living. For them, whether they go to work or not, their food is always there, unlike us who would have to go out everyday to look for what we would eat with our families," a local dweller, Aude Gana, says.

SOURCE- www.informationnaija.com/friday-declared-holiday-in-borno-state-as-jonathan-visits/
Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 06, 2013
Holiday because the president is visiting a state!
Lol

Same way Lagosians were stressed because the First lady was around.
Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 06, 2013
hmmm the fisherman is clueless n dump he lckz vision n mission fr dz nation n itz population..y allw a public hol fr a visit by d c in c ....... fr years he did not visit ontil d progressive did shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame on mr jona n his missionless actionlesss pdp gangsters

11 Likes

Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by miteolu(m): 4:25pm On Mar 06, 2013
Proactive measure

1 Like

Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by gramci: 4:26pm On Mar 06, 2013
Triumphant entry grin

6 Likes

Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by Obiora4life: 4:27pm On Mar 06, 2013

Meanwhile, the heavy security presence and restriction of movement in Maiduguri, the Borno state capital, following the visit of Mr. President is beginning to scare many residents.They are seen buying food stuff to keep in theirhomes, in case of any eventuality, as the heavysecurity presence is becoming alarming and scary. The fear has been compounded by the rumour making the rounds that the entire city would be shut down on Friday owing to the President's visit.
The people hope that the visit of Nigeria's number one citizen would not bring bad day forbusiness in the state.

The bold is just uncalled for, why will his presence bring bad business? angry angry angry
Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by ezedolar: 4:27pm On Mar 06, 2013
That is the presedency for u
Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by Akshow: 4:28pm On Mar 06, 2013
Ball less coward. After three years. Shame on you GEJ!

2 Likes

Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by Siddeek: 4:30pm On Mar 06, 2013
E gud wel wel. 3rd to coment sha hehehehe........ Haa! My belle oo...
Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by Akshow: 4:30pm On Mar 06, 2013
gramci: Triumphant entry grin
Sounds more like belated entry

1 Like

Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by ebamma(m): 4:31pm On Mar 06, 2013
Akshow: Ball less coward. After three years. Shame on you GEJ!
.shut up my friend,so because he is the president u think he should not value his life abi, if he was your father i'm very sure u will be begging him not to visit at all

14 Likes

Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by siddiq202(m): 4:31pm On Mar 06, 2013
There is more to the holiday...

2 Likes

Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by AkinDavid2: 4:32pm On Mar 06, 2013
Another way of declaring Curfew grin

13 Likes

Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by james2020(m): 4:32pm On Mar 06, 2013
Ok
Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by Omen100(m): 4:33pm On Mar 06, 2013
olokfor: Borno state government has declared Friday work-free day for both public and private sector, following the expected visit of PresidentGoodluck Jonathan to the state.

The state government, in a statement signed by the secretary to the state government, Amb.Baba Ahmed Jidda, said the work-free day is to honour the President who is coming to Maiduguri, the Borno state capital for the first time since assuming office as the president .
The President is expected to be in Damaturu, the Yobe state capital on Thursday. Then, he is expected to spend a night in Maiduguri and on Friday to visit some areas as well as meet with Borno elders on the current challenges of insecurity in the state.

"When the Vice President came, it was a sad day for me. The security has blocked all the roads and there is no business going on. I hope that they would have some human face; because we need to eat and make a living. For them, whether they go to work or not, their food is always there, unlike us who would have to go out everyday to look for what we would eat with our families," a local dweller, Aude Gana, says.

SOURCE- www.informationnaija.com/friday-declared-holiday-in-borno-state-as-jonathan-visits/

I am not surprise at all, after all commercial activities are always shutdown anytime he is in Lagos.

Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by siddiq202(m): 4:34pm On Mar 06, 2013
Akin-David:
Another way of declaring Curfew grin
My thought exactly

1 Like

Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by Akshow: 4:34pm On Mar 06, 2013
Siddeek: E gud wel wel. 3rd to coment sha hehehehe........ Haa! My belle oo...
for your left mind! shamefully set your phone ablaze or sue your service provider.
Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by jude33084(m): 4:35pm On Mar 06, 2013
Obiora4life:

The bold is just uncalled for, why will his presence bring bad business? angry angry angry

So if you dεy borno you go allow your pikin go stand for road or go close to where the crowd dεy?

Na APC don make GEJ shame sotay he now decided after 3yrs to visit the state. Hehehe grin cheesy

Make una stay clear from those areas because it might just be the Last fight with BokoHaram cheesy

Una know how last fight dεy tough sha but actor (GEJ) no go die tongue

4 Likes

Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by skales(m): 4:35pm On Mar 06, 2013
Why will they declare holiday cuz a fisherman president wants to visit?

Smh
Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by Burger01(m): 4:36pm On Mar 06, 2013
OK. OK... Regulated and controlled visit. I see. BH pass your taming, right?..
Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by bomee(m): 4:37pm On Mar 06, 2013
Smart move. I wish him safe t RIP.

1 Like

Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by halimat1985(f): 4:38pm On Mar 06, 2013
Does that mean every state should declare holiday because Jonathan is Visiting?
Shio.

1 Like

Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by ifihearam: 4:38pm On Mar 06, 2013
GIVE HONOUR TO WHOM HONOUR IS DUE.

1 Like

Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by ifihearam: 4:39pm On Mar 06, 2013
halimat1985: Does that mean every state should declare holiday because Jonathan is Visiting?
Shio.

YES,HE IS THE PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.

2 Likes

Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by Smooyis(m): 4:39pm On Mar 06, 2013
End of BOkO BOKO BOkO. RIP Haram.
Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by ifihearam: 4:41pm On Mar 06, 2013
HIS PRESENCE ALONE IS A STRONG SIGNAL TO THE HUHARI THAT THEY WILL SOON BE CRUSHED,JUST WAIT AND LISTEN TO HIS SPEECH.
Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by wellmax(m): 4:41pm On Mar 06, 2013
olokfor: Borno state government has declared Friday work-free day for both public and private sector, following the expected visit of PresidentGoodluck Jonathan to the state.
Two days notice, yet you call it unexpected visit, na wa for our jounalist sha
Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by Akshow: 4:41pm On Mar 06, 2013
ebamma: .shut up my friend,so because he is the president u think he should not value his life abi, if he was your father i'm very sure u will be begging him not to visit at all
eba or whats that your miserable name. The post of leadership isn't for weaklings and cowards which is exactly what your Jonathan is. For three good years maiduguri a state under is rule has been on fire and you want me to celebrate the fact that he jus deemed it fit to visit there? Even though you voted him in out of sentimental reasons, that does not mean you should condone his inept leadership skills. Pls make no excuse for a failure cos it makes you look stupid

12 Likes

Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by oritseweyi(m): 4:43pm On Mar 06, 2013
I think it is a welcome development.This Boko Haram are somehow.The President need security after all he is a man like.If anything happen to him like Kwara's CP,PDP will chose another President
Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by jhydebaba(m): 4:43pm On Mar 06, 2013
Lazy bones cheesy why not extend it to the whole federation
Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by aurenflani: 4:44pm On Mar 06, 2013
jude33084:

So if you dεy borno you go allow your pikin go stand for road or go close to where the crowd dεy?

Na APC don make GEJ shame sotay he now decided after 3yrs to visit the state. Hehehe grin cheesy

Make una stay clear from those areas because it might just be the Last fight with BokoHaram cheesy

Una know how last fight dεy tough sha but actor (GEJ) no go die tongue

: sad cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 06, 2013
Feature of a mumu lazy backward city. So if na obama dey come, the next one month will be declared public holiday?? Mtcheww

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. / I Am Happy Dino Melaye Lost But I Don't Like How He Lost! / Why Is Weed Illegal? A Comparison With Alchohol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.