Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,609 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Why 5tar SMS Decided To Withdraw Free Bulk SMS For Testing For New Users - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why 5tar SMS Decided To Withdraw Free Bulk SMS For Testing For New Users (498 Views)

Anyone Can Withdraw Money Without Knowing Your ATM PIN / Samsung Galaxy S6 Variant Lands In India For Testing? / Where can I get Free Bulk Sms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why 5tar SMS Decided To Withdraw Free Bulk SMS For Testing For New Users by Edwin7: 5:39am On Mar 07, 2013
When I started 5star SMS, I was giving as high as 20 free bulk sms units for testing. The wisdom behind it was to enable customers test our bulk SMS service adequately. By adequately, I mean testing sender ID, testing whether 2-page message delivers in full, testing delivery to all the networks, testing speed of delivery, and the SMS scheduling feature.

But, it has been abused! One user opened thirteen different accounts just to take advantage of the free units, I reduced it to 10 free sms units, he still abused it, I reduced it to 5 free sms units, he still did and the worst of all is that the person was using it to send scam messages!

Then I had to stop it. But before then, I did some meditation and mind-mapping. And I discovered that customers – real customers, the noble Nigerian bulk sms users we’ve had as customers – didn’t even bother about free bulk sms to test. Once they registered, they bought and used it for legitimate purposes.

That’s one. Second, as a new user, you could buy 50 units to test. We don’t have minimum sms units you can purchase. So, the cost is negligible.

Third, we offer money-back guarantee. So the risk is on us. If you buy sms units and you are not satisfied with our service, we will refund your money pronto.

Again, we want to make it very clear that 5star SMS is not a free service. If you’re looking for free bulk SMS, look elsewhere. You’re not our ideal customer.

So, in summary, we decided to withdraw the free bulk SMS for testing because it was not serving its purpose, rather it was abused.When I started 5star SMS, I was giving as high as 20 free bulk sms units for testing. The wisdom behind it was to enable customers test our bulk SMS service adequately. By adequately, I mean testing sender ID, testing whether 2-page message delivers in full, testing delivery to all the networks, testing speed of delivery, and the SMS scheduling feature.

But, it has been abused! One user opened thirteen different accounts just to take advantage of the free units, I reduced it to 10 free sms units, he still abused it, I reduced it to 5 free sms units, he still did and the worst of all is that the person was using it to send scam messages!

Then I had to stop it. But before then, I did some meditation and mind-mapping. And I discovered that customers – real customers, the noble Nigerian bulk sms users we’ve had as customers – didn’t even bother about free bulk sms to test. Once they registered, they bought and used it for legitimate purposes.

That’s one. Second, as a new user, you could buy 50 units to test. We don’t have minimum sms units you can purchase. So, the cost is negligible.

Third, we offer money-back guarantee. So the risk is on us. If you buy sms units and you are not satisfied with our service, we will refund your money pronto.

Again, we want to make it very clear that 5star SMS is not a free service. If you’re looking for free bulk SMS, look elsewhere. You’re not our ideal customer.

So, in summary, we decided to withdraw the free bulk SMS for testing because it was not serving its purpose, rather it was abused.

Article By Edwin A. Joel. Source: www.5starsmsng.com/blog

(1) (Reply)

Unlock Code / Our Service Providers Now Scam Providers / Helloo, Anybody In The House ,NEED LOGISTICS COMPANY THAT CAN SHIP PHONE FOR ME.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.