Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 - Sports (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 (84384 Views)

Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ethiopia (2 - 1): Int'l Friendly On Saturday, January 4, 2014 / Jordan Vs Nigeria - (1 - 0) International Friendly On 28th October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by supaeagles(m): 5:52am On Jun 01, 2013
shymexx:

Go watch Marco Van Basten and Lothar Matthaus to know what technical ability is.

The last great most technical player was Dennis Bergkamp!! grin Xavi and the rest are still playing catch-up.
Football is sometimes like music, you will hold on to the belief that the players and teams you followed during your youth are the 'best' and nothing modern comes close to that.

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 5:54am On Jun 01, 2013
solomon111: £40million is not too much for a player of suarez skills,technique,versatility and goal output.
It's a steal,actually.
Remember our own torres cost 50.

Torres loool. That was just waste of money.

The Arabs messed up the game with oil money - no player is worth that amount except the little god, Messi.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 5:56am On Jun 01, 2013
supaeagles:
Football is sometimes like music, you will hold on to the belief that the players and teams you followed during your youth are the 'best' and nothing modern comes close to that.

It's not just about that, it's about what they did with the ball.

Go watch the winning goal Dennis Bergkamp scored against Argentina at the 1998 world cup in France, and tell me all those names you listed can pull that off.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by femi4: 5:56am On Jun 01, 2013
This squad is still young, so y compare to the dutch team of the 90s.
Funny enough, that generation of Dutch team have no trophy to show for all the team work
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by UyiIredia(m): 5:57am On Jun 01, 2013
shymexx:

Go watch Marco Van Basten and Lothar Matthaus to know what technical ability is.

The last great most technical player was Dennis Bergkamp!! grin Xavi and the rest are still playing catch-up.

Most of Bergkamp's technicality was shown in the form of cunning goals and trick back-passes - especially around box-18. Xavi's on is less obvious and is more of dictating the pace of midfield play with passes. A few Bergkamp moments like the 1st goal against Real in 2010 (?) El-Cassico. The guy will neatly square up with Dennis IMO.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by elampiro(m): 5:58am On Jun 01, 2013
I.Joan:

First time... I ever heard someone say that shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I am so surprised. Football these days is highly fast paced and extremely tight. Ronaldo involves in build up and beat opponents. Batistuta was just a point man relying on supplies.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by solomon111(m): 6:00am On Jun 01, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

He won't $hit on Xavi's technicality, He won't $h*t on Ozil's technicality, he won't $hit on Lahm's technicality.
xavi,Ozil to ronaldo?
Blasphemy!!!
The only player that can stand with ronaldo phenomeno in this generation is messi.
Btw,ronaldo disgraced far better defenders than lahm in his time.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 6:01am On Jun 01, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Most of Bergkamp's technicality was shown in the form of cunning goals and trick back-passes - especially around box-18. Xavi's on is less obvious and is more of dictating the pace of midfield play with passes. A few Bergkamp moments like the 1st goal against Real in 2010 (?) El-Cassico. The guy will neatly square up with Dennis IMO.

Come on now. Xavi isn't more technically gifted than the likes of: Stefan Effenberg and Carlos Valderrama. He's just on everyone's lips now because he plays for a great Barca team. I remember him from the Sydney Olympics in 2000 with Jose Mari et al. The same team that was beaten by Cameroon in the gold medal match. He's a great player, no doubt. But defo not the most technically gifted player ever.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by femi4: 6:02am On Jun 01, 2013
solomon111: xavi,Ozil to ronaldo?
Blasphemy!!!
The only player that can stand with ronaldo phenomeno in this generation is messi.
Messi is far ahead of ronaldo da li ma
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by solomon111(m): 6:05am On Jun 01, 2013
supaeagles:
But it's true.
Go and watch step-overs of players like maradona,rivaldo,platini,ronaldo phenomeno.
Any time you watch C.RONALDO do one of his fake step-overs,you will nearly puke.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 6:05am On Jun 01, 2013
solomon111: xavi,Ozil to ronaldo?
Blasphemy!!!

tell them, bruv.

Everyone used to bite his leg-over. grin

Damn Ronaldo de Lima is a legend!!!

I forgot about RONALDINHO the magician!!!! Damn Brazilians are just from another planet!!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by solomon111(m): 6:07am On Jun 01, 2013
femi4: Messi is far ahead of ronaldo da li ma
A debate for another day.
I disagree though.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 6:10am On Jun 01, 2013
femi4: Messi is far ahead of ronaldo da li ma

Erm... Subjective.

As a striker - Messi defo can't clean his boot.

But as an all round player - I'd give Messi the upper-hand.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by UyiIredia(m): 6:15am On Jun 01, 2013
shymexx:

Come on now. Xavi isn't more technically gifted than the likes of: Stefan Effenberg and Carlos Valderrama. He's just on everyone's lips now because he plays for a great Barca team. I remember him from the Sydney Olympics in 2000 with Jose Mari et al. The same team that was beaten by Cameroon in the gold medal match. He's a great player, no doubt. But defo not the most technically gifted player ever.

Come on now ! Players evolve. For example, you can't place the C. Ro of FC Porto and Real Madrid on the same footing. I dunno Carlos or Stefan so I'm not in a position to judge. However, your bias for the old school players piques me for the sole reason that; from the few classic matches I've watched and lots of contemporary matches I don't see this better technicality you talk about.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Mudethir(m): 6:16am On Jun 01, 2013
Dis is more better dan lose thank u, big ups to u super eagle e no easy.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 6:22am On Jun 01, 2013
Tonylyte:

Hahahaha see hw u dey wound english. Mexican or mexicaners? Lol
Oboy wake up,that guy dey Germany.In Germo is called Mexicaners,so he is right.No be everybody lived in English speaking Country.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 6:22am On Jun 01, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Come on now ! Players evolve. For example, you can't place the C. Ro of FC Porto and Real Madrid on the same footing. I dunno Carlos or Stefan so I'm not in a position to judge. However, your bias for the old school players piques me for the sole reason that; from the few classic matches I've watched and lots of contemporary matches I don't see this better technicality you talk about.

Bro., I'm not biased. Modern footballers are more of trained players. CR7 exemplifies why you can't really compare old school greats to modern players. Just watch CR7 closely, then go on youtube and watch the likes of Rivaldo and Ronaldo De Lima, and you'll see difference. With the old school players, everything they did was natural to them - no need to force anything.

Hey, you can also compare Luis Figo's style of play to CR7 and you will see difference. Those guys were born to kick the round leather object. grin
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by iamdsam: 6:41am On Jun 01, 2013
Better than losing
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Cusubaba(m): 6:45am On Jun 01, 2013
shymexx:

@ the bolded - defo. Mikel is Yaya Toure's wife lool.

Fellani is going to Man Utd. But I think Essien should be back to his best next season.
Mumu, i have been reading ur bias comments , ur hate for Mikel will never change anything. Whether ur a Ghanaian or a fake Nigerian come next season Mikel will stil bench Essien or send him to loan again.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by j4jj: 6:48am On Jun 01, 2013
In mine opinion, the guys did well. For the mere fact that some of them played for the first time really showed dat the sky is their limit compared to mexicans whose team have been together for long time. As this guys continue to play together sooner than they will b one of the best to reckon with in world football.

However, I noticed that we somehw lost our bearing in d game due to lack of technicalities from our coaches. We were just playing one style of football while the Mexicans changed theirs tactically. That's d problem with our local coaches they are always afraid to effect another tactics on the field of play. Anyways! I wish the SE gudluck come this Wednesday when they take on Kenya
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by ony073: 6:50am On Jun 01, 2013
shymexx:

It's not just about that, it's about what they did with the ball.

Go watch the winning goal Dennis Bergkamp scored against Argentina at the 1998 world cup in France, and tell me all those names you listed can pull that off.
. O boy, Na just 3 touches d guy used,wat a classical goal.I wud neva 4get dt goal in a hurry.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by otodeluxe(m): 6:53am On Jun 01, 2013
Naija why now. My money is gone!
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by collynzo2(m): 7:06am On Jun 01, 2013
I.Joan:

First time... I ever heard someone say that shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
That's why I asked you to watch more football and read more football stuffs before commenting on threads like these, many ex and current footballers have made that comment during the Messi/Ronaldo comparison. They say Messi is a natural, while Ronaldo is a product of traning and hardwork.
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Nobody: 7:11am On Jun 01, 2013
collynzo2: That's why I asked you to watch more football and read more football stuffs before commenting on threads like these, many ex and current footballers have made that comment during the Messi/Ronaldo comparison. They say Messi is a natural, while Ronaldo is a product of traning and hardwork.

I have noticed you angry angry angry

Now scoot!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by leonshom(m): 7:14am On Jun 01, 2013
Nextlevel0007: This is a welcome development 4 d super eagles..such high profile match will boost the Eagle's moral n confident....... Nt forgetin first 2 coment.
so watz ur own gain 4 bein d 1st to comment?
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by chuquiz(m): 7:22am On Jun 01, 2013
Abeg , who played right back position for we Eagles??
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by Sike(m): 7:23am On Jun 01, 2013
Is the Game over?? lol
Re: Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 by FBS: 7:24am On Jun 01, 2013
shymexx:

Damn son!! No one wants the wrath of those toys!!!

But the Russians have got better toys.

perhaps, Mexico needs to do a bay of pigs and align with Messr Putin, no?
Aye ati jo. Not any more, heck if ever sef. Past glory hombre.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (Reply)

J.J Okocha Disguises As A Cleaner In Lagos (Photos, Video) / Nina Farooqi Sacked From Her Job After Being Caught On TV At Euro 2020 (Photos) / Timothy Moten Quit His Job For Anthony Joshua To Defeat Andy Ruiz Jnr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.