Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,881 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:17 AM

Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. (7965 Views)

Sultan Declares 5-year Jail Time For Anyone Who Celebrates Christmas In Brunei / Nigerian Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia For Drug Trafficking / Egypt's Hosni Mubarak Sentenced To Life In Prison. (2) (3) (4)

Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. by soochukwu(m): 12:36pm On Mar 07, 2013
(Reuters) - An Italian court on Thursday sentenced former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi to a one-year jail term for making public the taped contents of a confidential phone call in a case related to a 2005 banking scandal.

The sentence, which was read in court by the judge, came as Berlusconi is facing two other trials for alleged tax fraud and paying for sex with an underage prostitute.

Prosecutors in the wiretap case had asked for a one-year jail term for the media tycoon.

Berlusconi, who has denied any wrongdoing, can seek to have the decision overturned before a court of appeal.

Under Italian law, he is not expected to serve any prison term until all possible appeal trials have been carried out.

(Reporting by Manuela D'Alessandro, writing by Antonella Ciancio; editing by James Mackenzie)

Re: Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. by Lero15(m): 2:29pm On Mar 07, 2013
Gud for im...#where iz everybody?
Re: Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. by iamswizz(m): 2:30pm On Mar 07, 2013
a nigerian lawyer should sue obasanjo in an italian court.....

Re: Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. by momodub: 2:30pm On Mar 07, 2013
smiley nice one enjoy kirikiri

Re: Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. by Maxymilliano(m): 2:30pm On Mar 07, 2013
How the mighty have fallen so soon... Power is indeed transient.
Re: Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. by solgee(m): 2:32pm On Mar 07, 2013

Re: Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. by yuzedo: 2:32pm On Mar 07, 2013
DON'T...

DROP.....

THE.......

SOAP.........!!!
grin grin wink

Re: Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. by CocoLoca(f): 2:34pm On Mar 07, 2013
He will use his Mafia ties to escape jail. Bad man.

Re: Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. by DePreacher1: 2:34pm On Mar 07, 2013
But our naija politicians r having sex wit children almost on a daily basis yet no news,GOD hav mercy on ur ppl
Re: Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. by great063(m): 2:35pm On Mar 07, 2013
The chase continues...
Re: Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. by gbadexy(m): 2:41pm On Mar 07, 2013
The man is a mafian, he thrives on controversy.
Till I hear he is eventually in jail before I believe it.
I doubt if he will be jailed.
Re: Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. by gluv01(f): 2:42pm On Mar 07, 2013
If it was in Nigeria, it will be two weeks. You see how the law applies to everyone there? If na here, 1milllion bribe will solve the case.

#how cheap the so called law reprimanders are#
Re: Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 07, 2013
How does this affect the price of garri in the market
Re: Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. by Forzap: 2:45pm On Mar 07, 2013
Abegi make dis ppl leave our baba olowo alone oo.#teamacmilan

Re: Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. by babaowo: 2:59pm On Mar 07, 2013
yuzedo: DON'T...

DROP.....

THE.......

SOAP.........!!!
grin grin wink
....so you are ex convict too?
Re: Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. by huninaija(f): 3:03pm On Mar 07, 2013
I doubt he's ever going to set foot in jail, how long has this case been dragged on for? If i re-call this case has been going on for over a year now if not more.

Na wash!
Re: Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. by wayne4loan: 3:21pm On Mar 07, 2013
Serve him right. This guy is very flamboyant,act like he is untouchable and very conniving! Wish nigeria will learn frm this **** NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW***
Re: Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. by grafikii: 3:34pm On Mar 07, 2013
The same Berlusconi, that is to be the next president or is it prime minister? This man will never enter jail

Re: Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. by Onyenna(m): 3:37pm On Mar 07, 2013
Mafia himself.... Let's wait and see....
Re: Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. by Peterboy1(m): 3:40pm On Mar 07, 2013
thats long overdue, hope hes convicted of Tax invasion
Re: Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. by patholaw: 3:51pm On Mar 07, 2013
i thought he was untouchable in italy....
Re: Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. by Chinoanyi(m): 3:56pm On Mar 07, 2013
Y re dey afta my club chairman like dis, Al hail AC MILAN , al hail BERLUSCONI , forza forza forza
Re: Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 07, 2013
U are the confirmed mumu of the highest order. I think the mods should take of all these small gems turning every post to child's play.
On the issue at hand one question we need to ask ourselves as naija people is can it happen in Nigeria's democratic era
Re: Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. by enigmagu1(m): 4:36pm On Mar 07, 2013
iamswizz: a nigerian lawyer should sue obasanjo in an italian court.....

abasanjo is d best tin dat have eva happend to nigeria sir....he singlehandedly withdrew nigeria frm d hands of born to rule elements...dat alone is enough to clap for him.....if only u undastand d politics in 9ja...no offence pls...

Re: Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. by DandeNumeruno(m): 4:40pm On Mar 07, 2013
Maxymilliano: How the mighty have fallen so soon... Power is indeed transient.

Says who. He's the owner of AC Milan and one of the richest men in Italy.
Re: Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. by gerrardomendes(m): 5:06pm On Mar 07, 2013
is his mother aware? i have always known him to be a gud for nothing boy.

Re: Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. by bonna4u(m): 5:23pm On Mar 07, 2013
This is what we call story story, Silvio Berlusconi will end up in no jail. Lets wait till he wears those baggy pants.
Re: Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. by Mospring(m): 5:27pm On Mar 07, 2013
CocoLoca: He will use his Mafia ties to escape jail. Bad man.
dats if it wer Naija!!
Re: Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. by Pacesetter2: 5:38pm On Mar 07, 2013
gluv01: If it was in Nigeria, it will be two weeks. You see how the law applies to everyone there? If na here, 1milllion bribe will solve the case.

#how cheap the so called law reprimanders are#
Abi dem go tell you your allegations are pointless
Re: Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. by boyt1: 5:46pm On Mar 07, 2013
Italy and Berlusconi member of G7
Re: Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 07, 2013
Under-aged prostitute? Hmm, Sounds like a setup to me.

Mali: ECOWAS Imposes Economic And Political Sanctions After Election Delay / The Significance Of Black Friday Shopping In USA / Here's Who Would Win If Russia, China, And America All Went To War Right Now