Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,867 members, 7,802,798 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Court Summons Man For Laughing Too Loud - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Court Summons Man For Laughing Too Loud (612 Views)

Arrested For Laughing / [b]arrested For Laughing! [/b] / Kid's Psyche !, [b]arrested For Laughing: ! [/b] [b]computer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Court Summons Man For Laughing Too Loud by 50samuel(m): 4:21pm On Mar 07, 2013
Robert Schiavelli was recently summoned to court for laughing too loud.

According to Schiavelli “I was laughing out the window. I was laughing out the window of my own house, and they gave me a ticket,”

Schiavelli was slapped with two summonses for disturbing the peace after police said he was laughing too loudly in his front yard.

Police responded to Schiavelli’s home Feb. 12 and Feb. 13 after neighbors complained that his laughs could be heard across the driveway.

Schiavelli, who hails from New York is considered disabled because of neurological impairments, says the neighbors mock him, and he uses laughter as a defense mechanism.

“They kept staring at me. He kept eye-balling me … and mocking me,” Schiavelli said.

That’s when Rockville Center police showed up to issue the 42-year-old two tickets, including one for “disturbing the peace the night before.”
Schiavelli’s attorney Andrew Campanelli says he’s fighting to keep his client out of jail.

“The day my client gets convicted for laughing, I’ll quit practicing law, and I’ve been practicing for 20 years “The ordinance and prosecution are simply absurd.”

Campanelli says the ordinance grants police the right to ticket anyone who’s acting “in such a manner as to annoy, disturb, interfere with, obstruct or be offensive to others.”

Each summons carries a $250 fine, and Schiavelli could face 15 days in jail.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/03/07/court-summons-man-for-laughing-too-loud/

(1) (Reply)

Fat Girl Sings So Beautifully :) / Our Childhood We Miss So Much..................... / Nairaland Stats Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.