Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,963 members, 7,806,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s - TV/Movies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s (83653 Views)

Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With / Nigerian TV Programmes Of The Past / Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by harrypotter7: 6:25am On Aug 22, 2015
70s NTA Cartoons and Programmes

The Mighty Heroes
Quick Draw McGraw
Johney Bravo
Tom And Jerry
Pinky & The Brain

80s NTA Cartoons and Programmes

Thunder Cats
Mighty Mouse
George Of The Jungle
He - Man Masters
Speedy Gonzales

90s NTA Cartoons and Programmes

Arthur And The Square Knights Of The Round Table
Around the World In 79 Days
The Cattanooga Cats
It's the Wolf
Motor Mouse And Auto Cat
Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by teymihthope: 1:40am On Sep 03, 2015
Popeye the sailor man

1 Like

Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by drnoel: 6:07am On Sep 03, 2015
teymihthope:
Popeye the sailor man

was popeye not done with looney toons
Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by emmastone019(f): 5:56am On Sep 04, 2015
I loved voltron so much back then.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by drnoel: 4:11pm On Sep 11, 2015
MR moon magic circus. Can anyone find the pictures and post a link of the theme song
Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by runbeni(m): 7:56pm On Sep 07, 2017
their[color=#990000][/color] use to be a programme on NTA then that we all rely on for viral news that now nairaland and instablog9ja don take over now. it shows around 9pm before the news. can anybody remind me of d name of d programme?
Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by makimberlly01(f): 11:45pm On Oct 13, 2017
anukulapo:
There's these animation, a village setting where a young girl tries to live right.

In one episode there's one big stomach,fat lips man that wanted to rape her...

There's also a monkey (as cast) and another guy.

I think the girl's name is Sara.

Can't remember the name of the cartoon and not even sure if it was televised on NTA. Nice cartoon anyways.

Does anyone know the title?

Sara: the special gift, u can check it out on YouTube... few episodes tho
Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by tungstar(m): 10:34pm On Oct 18, 2017
The bear, the tiger and the others.
CRO.
some mothers do have them( Frank spencer)

2 Likes

Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 03, 2018
beeboy09:

There was Jabber Jaw
Another intersting Program was this German Competitions they showed on NTA. Pls try to remem "Mein, heis, strOke" then the whistle is blown. Can't remember the name. It was fun to watch.

The name is called Telematch.
Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by Nellileo: 12:03am On Feb 22, 2018
Dog Wonder and the Falcon

Animal Kingdom (local NTA 10 children show) I attended some of them and also Children's Party... Free soft drinks with biscuits and pop corn and we also have opportunity to win prizes... I won some times.

If your picked the number 10, you were a lucky winner, no questions asked. You got a gift...
Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by ayinba1(f): 4:03am On Apr 27, 2019
Nellileo:
Dog Wonder and the Falcon

Animal Kingdom (local NTA 10 children show) I attended some of them and also Children's Party... Free soft drinks with biscuits and pop corn and we also have opportunity to win prizes... I won some times.

If your picked the number 10, you were a lucky winner, no questions asked. You got a gift...

Animal games with Uncle Wale!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by rubi96(f): 8:17am On Apr 18, 2020
Who remembers Family Menu program.
The song goes like this : My papa and mama..... Lalalalala... always on time on family menu....
I can't really remember the lyrics.

1 Like

Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by naptu2: 8:21am On Apr 18, 2020
rubi96:
Who remembers Family Menu program.
The song goes like this : My papa and mama..... Lalalalala... always on time on family menu....
I can't really remember the lyrics.

My papa and mama, they love each other
And when we sit at table to eat
Papa says to mama, "This food is lovely"
Mama smiles and the kids start to sing.

Lalalalala,
O it's so nice,
With Family Menu,
I learn a lot.
Lalalalala,
O it's so nice
With family menu
WE LEARN A LOT!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by rubi96(f): 9:22am On Apr 18, 2020
naptu2:

My papa and mama, they love each other
And when we sit at table to eat
Papa says to mama, "This food is lovely"
Mama smiles and the kids start to sing.

Lalalalala,
O it's so nice,
With Family Menu,
I learn a lot.
Lalalalala,
O it's so nice
With family menu
WE LEARN A LOT!

Thank you. I did learn to cook some 'exotic' dishes from that program then.

1 Like

Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by showerspro: 12:22pm On Sep 13, 2020
seunajia:
Gosh! Life was simple then smiley

Beyond cartoons, NTA is no longer a TV station, they used to have qualitative programs then. Soaps? Santa Barbra, CSI, Secret of the Sand, The lady of the rose, etc.

On the children's belt you had: Flintstones, Captain caveman, Pingu, Care bears, Super Ted, Ninja turtles, Spiderman, Talespin grin, Seals, Dodo, Captain America, Inspector Gadget, Dino Riders, Voltron, Casper the friendly Ghost, Popeye, Dangermouse, GlobeTrotters, isht!

Nigerian TV is messed up just like the country.

Who remembers this: gringrin

Chuckle Hounds
Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by seunajia: 1:38pm On Sep 13, 2020
showerspro:

Chuckle Hounds

Yes! Thanks. I found them funny, they were mute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOn2DZPJskE

You woke up a 2013 thread though ... LOL

1 Like

Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by kolah: 2:40am On Dec 09, 2020
Does anyone remember a soap opera called "Empire"? I think that was the title. Anyone have any info on it?

1 Like

Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by joseph1832(m): 12:37pm On Feb 10, 2021
naptu2:
The Flaxton Boys (Jonathan)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZkWnsZo7cA
Chai!!!!
Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by joseph1832(m): 12:39pm On Feb 10, 2021
naptu2:
The Prince and The Pauper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sVvD5c2nxc
Men I've been looking for this since like forever!. Wow.

Still one of my very best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s by naptu2: 3:33pm On Feb 10, 2021
naptu2:
The holiday movies I remember were The Scarlet Pimpernel (virtually every New Year's Eve), The Little Convict, Sandoka, Superman 3, Splash, Oliver Twist (the cartoon), The Night of A Thousand Stars, The Kid With The Broken Halo (Gary Coleman), Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom, Romancing The Stone and more recently, The Never Ending Story and The Boy Who Could Fly.

There was also a movie about an american high school footballer, named Bobby Turtle who got a magic crystal as a birthday present (at least I think it was a crystal). He rubbed the crystal and it transported him to ancient Egypt.

naptu2:
WOW! I've found it!

I've been searching for this for ages and I've written about it on this thread. It was one the the movies that the NTA usually showed during holidays in the 1980s and this is the only mention of it that I've seen on the Internet.

Bobby Turtle!

The Time Crystal/Through The Magic Pyramid (1981)

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0083198/

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

K.brule And Khloe Disqualified From The Big Brother House (details) / BBNaija: Tacha Slays In Transparent Dress During Birthday Celebration / Tboss Bares Her Boobs As Kemen Rinses Her Body After A Dark Bath At BBNaija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.