Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

What Can Somebody Do About This House-help Connundrum? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Can Somebody Do About This House-help Connundrum? (2406 Views)

Man Arrested For Abducting, Impregnating House Help / This Is What My House Help Did To Me / What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can Somebody Do About This House-help Connundrum? by Eklektika(m): 2:47am On Mar 08, 2013
They always have this nasty irritating odour-yes. Both male(house boy) and female(house maid/ house girl). No matter how many times they bath.They are often dark in complexion(a sign of being dirty) with the females often dark,squat and having large bosoms. They present a connundrum. With the advent of kids in the home comes the need for a house-help. But they are a menace. Treat them well and they'll turn and backstab you. Treat them badly and you'll be the fall guy. They steal. They just cant work until you flog them. And how they can lie. Worse than d devil. Even when caught red-handed. And dats just d beginning of their vice list. The house-boy abuses the little girl,the house-girl introduces the little boy to his first and subsequent sexual experiences. With sex readily available in movies and the 'net,its better not to imagine what fantasies that these house-helps practise on the poor children. Perhaps your children. Some even initiate the children they are meant to baby-sit into witch-covens. I had a neighbour about 15years ago whose house-help almost initiated the child she was meant to baby-sit. And they overtly or covertly seduce d Oga. I have heard tales of how some house-helps infected the children they were meant to take care of with STIs. Scores of books could be written on how house-helps have broken many homes. But its almost unthinkable to say you can run a home without them. I stayed with my Elder Sister for 3 months helping her to baby-sit her son and I have admit ruefully that their services are almost indispensable. So what gives? Would you employ a house-help? Or Would you get a daily paid house-keeper? Do you have one? How are you coping? What do you know about your kids and your house-helps? Or would you ask your wife to stay at home and take care of your family? If you would get a house-help,what precautions would you take to ensure that they dont break your home? I'm thinking of getting married and I've been thinking about this issue. Ladies,Gents and married wo/men your comments would be appreciated.
Re: What Can Somebody Do About This House-help Connundrum? by Keziehenry(m): 3:25am On Mar 08, 2013
Baby sit to ur wife na if u dnt want dia wahala.
Re: What Can Somebody Do About This House-help Connundrum? by phecs: 6:04am On Mar 08, 2013
Rubbish ur post doesn't mk sense!and it is rather degrading!
Re: What Can Somebody Do About This House-help Connundrum? by biolabee(m): 6:16am On Mar 08, 2013
If u use the search button on NL, there are countless threads on Househelps
Read and contribute there

Mods pls close
Re: What Can Somebody Do About This House-help Connundrum? by 2goodbobo(m): 7:37am On Mar 08, 2013
First of is Conundrum and not Connundrum*

I find your post very offensive, degrading and racist. So been black in complexion by default makes one a dirty person? Between, is not all of them that are bad.

Simply because life is fair with you in terms of economic status does not mean you should talk down on other people. Your assertion is simply myopic and asinine.

3 Likes

Re: What Can Somebody Do About This House-help Connundrum? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 09, 2013
My dear,forget househelps,be as helpful as you can to your wife.Don't be the type of hubby that ll always seek home made fufu and vegetable soup despite the fact you know how tedious it is to handle the kids,shopping,cooking and the likes.Don't force your wife to be a house wife if she doesn't want to,if she is like me,she ll resent you for being a dream squasher.Get a washing machine and handle the laundry yourself to help ease her burden.Don't be too selective with food,rather appreciate her meals with love or cook your preference for both you to enjoy.

I am not a man,so am speaking from a woman's point of view.No good woman will take your help for granted like some egomaniacs will argue.These are the things my hubby do to help me and one of the many reasons I respect him very much,Inflated ego makes a man foolish.I cannot consider a live in help,you can get a daily house keeper that ll help her under her watch if you really need help that much.Your wife should be strong too to take care of her responsilities,because answering Mrs comes with its own stress.

2 Likes

Re: What Can Somebody Do About This House-help Connundrum? by Akanniade(m): 3:32am On Mar 16, 2013
Eklektika: They always have this nasty irritating odour-yes. Both male(house boy) and female(house maid/ house girl). No matter how many times they bath.They are often dark in complexion(a sign of being dirty) with the females often dark,squat and having large bosoms. They present a connundrum. With the advent of kids in the home comes the need for a house-help. But they are a menace. Treat them well and they'll turn and backstab you. Treat them badly and you'll be the fall guy. They steal. They just cant work until you flog them. And how they can lie. Worse than d devil. Even when caught red-handed. And dats just d beginning of their vice list. The house-boy abuses the little girl,the house-girl introduces the little boy to his first and subsequent sexual experiences. With sex readily available in movies and the 'net,its better not to imagine what fantasies that these house-helps practise on the poor children. Perhaps your children. Some even initiate the children they are meant to baby-sit into witch-covens. I had a neighbour about 15years ago whose house-help almost initiated the child she was meant to baby-sit. And they overtly or covertly seduce d Oga. I have heard tales of how some house-helps infected the children they were meant to take care of with STIs. Scores of books could be written on how house-helps have broken many homes. But its almost unthinkable to say you can run a home without them. I stayed with my Elder Sister for 3 months helping her to baby-sit her son and I have admit ruefully that their services are almost indispensable. So what gives? Would you employ a house-help? Or Would you get a daily paid house-keeper? Do you have one? How are you coping? What do you know about your kids and your house-helps? Or would you ask your wife to stay at home and take care of your family? If you would get a house-help,what precautions would you take to ensure that they dont break your home? I'm thinking of getting married and I've been thinking about this issue. Ladies,Gents and married wo/men your comments would be appreciated.

They are smelly and sweaty cos u contantly overwork them. Yes they maltreat your children cos they are child themselves deprived of love and wondering why you children should be so pampered. Yes they will try to seduce your husband cos thats what they see on africa magic.
Having househelp is glorified slavery!

2 Likes

Re: What Can Somebody Do About This House-help Connundrum? by nobniger: 4:20am On Mar 16, 2013
You're unbelievably evil. How on earth do you consider degrading others that are not as fortunate as you're, to be funny. This is so trashy, one of the worst in so many ways. I just hope you don't mean any part of this degrading piece. May God forgive you, even as you find it funny.

1 Like

Re: What Can Somebody Do About This House-help Connundrum? by amtheone(m): 11:19pm On Mar 17, 2013
@op, is it human being created by God that you describe like this?

U are a disgrace to ur generation.

1 Like

Re: What Can Somebody Do About This House-help Connundrum? by Ndipe(m): 1:46am On Mar 18, 2013
2goodbobo: First of is Conundrum and not Connundrum*

I find your post very offensive, degrading and racist. So been black in complexion by default makes one a dirty person? Between, is not all of them that are bad.

Simply because life is fair with you in terms of economic status does not mean you should talk down on other people. Your assertion is simply myopic and asinine.

Applause, you deserve five stars. That you are better off economically doesnt give you the gall to degrade them. Life is unfair. Some of them because househelps due to unfortunate circumstances that upended their family background. My grandma's housegirl was in jss3 when her father died, so that put a kibosh on her education. Our housegirl, a very nice and hardworking girl, had a baby, and had to work for us. Eventually, her family members recalled her back to go back to school. One of my aunt's maid lost her father which derailed her education and another one was an orphan and had to work for another aunt of mine before her grandmother had the wisdom of withdrawing her to the village to go to school . Why am I saying this? Unfortunate circumstances are partly the reasons why people choose to be househelps. But for the grace of God, my younger sibligns would have been forced to become one as well. My mom died when my youngest sister was in her final year while another sister had just finished her ssce exams and was on vacation waiting for her results (My father had died the some years earlier). But they still forged on with education, thanks to God's Grace and dollars remitted to them from their elder brothers. Otherwise, who knows, if these tragedy might have compelled them to eke out a living as housegirls (I am an Akwa Ibommite and my state is well known,derogatorily, as a supplier of human labor in Nigeria.
So, whatever circumstances you find yourself in, give Glory to God, mete out kindness to the underprivileged, not necessarily because you are expecting a favor, but because they simply deserve it. Treat them well and if you cant or they prove annoying and unreliable, send them packing. There is no crime in being a housegirl.

1 Like

Re: What Can Somebody Do About This House-help Connundrum? by Eklektika(m): 2:36am On Sep 01, 2013
2goodbobo: First of is Conundrum and not Connundrum*

Unfortunately,you completely misconstrued the context of my post. Thank you for correcting me. As for the post, I never insinuated overtly or covertly that black is dirty. My post was borne out of a general observation. I never said that ALL househelps are black and dirty. Not all are bad,agreed but most are devious and mischevious. It almost seems as though you have to have them. I lived with a number of them at home,observed their behaviour in other people's homes and left for me,I wouldnt want to have them in my house. Not because I'm 'racist' like you accused me of being but because of the the higher propensity of domestic risk they bring to the house. if they don't steal,they seduce the Oga. If they don't do that,they'll maltreat and even sexually abuse your children. I stay with my cousin here in Lagos and few weeks back,the daughter of about 4 years was caught with a cache of x-rated movies. On interrogation,she admitted that it was the houseboy living with them that gave it to her. So,abeg get me straight,ok?

And next time out,dont be so acerbic and scathing in your replies,eh? grin
Re: What Can Somebody Do About This House-help Connundrum? by Eklektika(m): 2:44am On Sep 01, 2013
Please check my reply to @2goodbobo. You completely misconstrued the central thought in the post.
Ndipe:

Applause, you deserve five stars. That you are better off economically doesnt give you the gall to degrade them. Life is unfair. Some of them because househelps due to unfortunate circumstances that upended their family background. My grandma's housegirl was in jss3 when her father died, so that put a kibosh on her education. Our housegirl, a very nice and hardworking girl, had a baby, and had to work for us. Eventually, her family members recalled her back to go back to school. One of my aunt's maid lost her father which derailed her education and another one was an orphan and had to work for another aunt of mine before her grandmother had the wisdom of withdrawing her to the village to go to school . Why am I saying this? Unfortunate circumstances are partly the reasons why people choose to be househelps. But for the grace of God, my younger sibligns would have been forced to become one as well. My mom died when my youngest sister was in her final year while another sister had just finished her ssce exams and was on vacation waiting for her results (My father had died the some years earlier). But they still forged on with education, thanks to God's Grace and dollars remitted to them from their elder brothers. Otherwise, who knows, if these tragedy might have compelled them to eke out a living as housegirls (I am an Akwa Ibommite and my state is well known,derogatorily, as a supplier of human labor in Nigeria.
So, whatever circumstances you find yourself in, give Glory to God, mete out kindness to the underprivileged, not necessarily because you are expecting a favor, but because they simply deserve it. Treat them well and if you cant or they prove annoying and unreliable, send them packing. There is no crime in being a housegirl.

Re: What Can Somebody Do About This House-help Connundrum? by Eklektika(m): 2:59am On Sep 01, 2013
Ndipe:

My Mum are akop usem o! Just in case you think I'm one insensitive dude. I've lived in the ghetto and I see what these house helps can do and undo. Some also undergo very severe and harsh treatment from their guardians. All I'm saying is that they should not be hired so as give room for them to be bad or to be treated badly. I think women these days are very lazy. They want to paint their fingers and toes,sit down on the setee and be entertained by Africa Magic while ordering the unfortunate househelp to do every conceivable chore in the home. Yet they have all the gadgets like washing machine,toaster,hot plate,microwave etc at their disposal. I still remember the Napkins that was used for My Elder Sister and I are still in my Mum's 'Epat Afong'(Box). They are still very white,not 'it was white'.I remember those days of Napisan and feeding bottle. Do you get my drift?
Re: What Can Somebody Do About This House-help Connundrum? by Eklektika(m): 3:09am On Sep 01, 2013
byvan: My dear,forget househelps,be as helpful as you can to your wife.Don't be the type of hubby that ll always seek home made fufu and vegetable soup despite the fact you know how tedious it is to handle the kids,shopping,cooking and the likes.Don't force your wife to be a house wife if she doesn't want to,if she is like me,she ll resent you for being a dream squasher.Get a washing machine and handle the laundry yourself to help ease her burden.Don't be too selective with food,rather appreciate her meals with love or cook your preference for both you to enjoy.

I am not a man,so am speaking from a woman's point of view.No good woman will take your help for granted like some egomaniacs will argue.These are the things my hubby do to help me and one of the many reasons I respect him very much,Inflated ego makes a man foolish.I cannot consider a live in help,you can get a daily house keeper that ll help her under her watch if you really need help that much.Your wife should be strong too to take care of her responsilities,because answering Mrs comes with its own stress.

Thanks jare. I gbadun your comments. I'm very domesticated,so any lady that I'll marry tomorrow go enjoy. At least,if my helping in the house would stave off the advent of househelps to my house,I would not mind folding my sleeves and helping out Madam.
Re: What Can Somebody Do About This House-help Connundrum? by kraziechic: 5:28am On Sep 01, 2013
Mtcheeeeew. Fallacy

(1) (Reply)

My Advice To Married Couples After Divorcing My Wife Of 16 Years By Gerald Roger / Feeling Unworthy? How To Find Your Way To Freedom / What Will You Do In This Kind Of Situation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.