Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

I Have A Problem Printing In Visual Basic 6.0 - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Have A Problem Printing In Visual Basic 6.0 (1398 Views)

How To Add Icon To Visual Basic 6.0 Form / All About Visual Basic 6.0 Programming Language / Hi, Can Anyone Teach Me Visual Basic 6.0 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have A Problem Printing In Visual Basic 6.0 by princeuk(m): 10:17pm On Mar 21, 2008
Am having a Problem Printing with visual Basic 6.0, I need to print an employee record and i really want to make it look like a grid view but its not working,I need help,
Re: I Have A Problem Printing In Visual Basic 6.0 by Kobojunkie: 2:21am On Mar 22, 2008
How do we help if we have no clue what the actual problem is with your code?? Any Exceptions??
Re: I Have A Problem Printing In Visual Basic 6.0 by princeuk(m): 7:04pm On May 07, 2008
I have been able to call the System Printer with the common dialog control,but i cant assign the work i want to print to the printer, I only use the Print Form Method. Also the grid control is very messy, I put it in a form, and the scroll bar disappears. Can You Help Me Out.
Re: I Have A Problem Printing In Visual Basic 6.0 by luckyCO(m): 11:15am On May 13, 2008
Is data you are trying to print coming from database?
If it does, design a data report and fill the data inside and them print.
If not Write a program that will retrieve all the values in the grid and align it in a text box and then use system Printer to print it.

For you to choose printer you have to search the enumeration for each printer in printers such data you will see all printers in the system.

Any personal Help goto my post Post your VB problems here then I will write the code for you because I always visit it and attend to questions.

take care.
Re: I Have A Problem Printing In Visual Basic 6.0 by jairoyair: 10:57pm On Aug 03, 2008
Hi:

I am trying to learn how to program on visual basic 6.0 by my own. So I have some data on a text box and I want to print it. I don't have idea of how to do it. If somebody can help me i will appreciate it. You can e mail me if you want.

Thanks.
Re: I Have A Problem Printing In Visual Basic 6.0 by luckyCO(m): 1:00pm On Aug 04, 2008
Printer.Print Text1.Text
Re: I Have A Problem Printing In Visual Basic 6.0 by jairoyair: 8:29pm On Aug 04, 2008
Hey, thank you very much. I will use the code you posted. thanks again.
Re: I Have A Problem Printing In Visual Basic 6.0 by jairoyair: 11:22pm On Aug 06, 2008
Ok. I know how to print now. thanks. Can somebody help me again. I want to print receipts. Sow I want to manupulate what I have on my text box. Any advises??
Thanks for your help,
Re: I Have A Problem Printing In Visual Basic 6.0 by luckyCO(m): 4:44pm On Aug 07, 2008
If you are designing static reciept, the one given to you to design. i should advice to create in either in any designing too and later export it as an image. Send it on your form. Add textboxes where neccessary, do so on two forms. use one as preview and other for printing. so call form.print method and it will print the reciept for you. If you dont know the reciept, you can design it using crystal report and stuff like that. But take longer effort.

(1) (Reply)

How To Port Python Programs Into .exe / How Do I Create An API For A Website Or Blog In JSON Format. / Christian Louboutin Shoes On Sale Extremely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.