Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,533 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:59 PM

Football Manager 2008 - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Football Manager 2008 (11357 Views)

Football Manager Handheld 14 (Android) / Football Manager 2009 "fm 09" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Football Manager 2008 by darequam(m): 3:34am On Mar 22, 2008
To some dis game is like a waste of time but to those who've tested and gone through d whole game its d best game ever to be associated with football. I'm talking of .FM. U r d manager of ur team u do coach and transfer every thing to make u feel like ur favourite Manager. I'm recommending this for all soccer lover, try it and u'l not want to play any other soccer game.
Re: Football Manager 2008 by Middylek(m): 8:14pm On Mar 22, 2008
Hey i need a link 2 download dis game 4 my 5200,post if possible
Re: Football Manager 2008 by darequam(m): 3:44pm On Mar 23, 2008
No no u can't  u can only play d game on pc.
Re: Football Manager 2008 by darequam(m): 3:46pm On Mar 23, 2008
No no u can't  u can only play d game on pc.
Re: Football Manager 2008 by Middylek(m): 6:36pm On Mar 24, 2008
Ok gimme a link 2 download it on my pc,hope d pad wudnt b necessary cos i dnt hav 1.
Re: Football Manager 2008 by demdem1: 1:27pm On Mar 27, 2008
Nairalanders, i beg i want correct sites to download real football 2008 3D. D one wey i downloaded on gameloft.peperonity.com dey slow
Re: Football Manager 2008 by odof(m): 2:30am On Apr 08, 2008
ok
plz can i get da link 2 try it out
thnx cheesy [color=#006600][/color]
Re: Football Manager 2008 by darequam(m): 12:15am On Apr 09, 2008
U have to buy d software cd to install on ur pc pal . If i knew where u were i could if possible lend u d cd to download.
Re: Football Manager 2008 by darequam(m): 12:19am On Apr 09, 2008
I wonder if u've got a mouse on ur pc cus without dat u can not play d game. The pad is very useless in d game which is one of d reasons why it aint available on playstations@ mikkylek
Re: Football Manager 2008 by lalaboi(m): 10:02pm On Apr 09, 2008
i play football manager 2007. n its too addictive! dat how i like it!

i tested my skills by starting with nottm forest taking them to the premier league from league 1! now am a big earopean coach having won ecc 2times in a row and other honours!

i actually bought fm08 on my psp and i wasnt impressed! it was shyteeee! maybe cos its psp! but for now am gon stick to fm07!
Re: Football Manager 2008 by darequam(m): 10:57pm On Apr 09, 2008
So its on psp, never knew it was, but u can bet ! Its better when u play d game on PC. You are right about d addiction cus u don't just wanna liv ur team idle and also lookin forward to d next transfer windows so u can by d best players.
What i like most in it is dat its a well detailed soccer game that widen ur knowledge about players and coaches in the soccer business. It is an absolute gentleman's game. Get the fm08 on pc and i think u should like it. I avnt played atall cus i'm still obsessed with d big squad have assembled in the fm07
Re: Football Manager 2008 by Middylek(m): 12:38pm On Apr 10, 2008
Who says i cant hav dis game on my fone,, i hav bin playin dis game on my fone 4d past 2wks,
Re: Football Manager 2008 by darequam(m): 5:27pm On Apr 10, 2008
Hmmm thats cool but are u sure its the exact one from sega and not lma or championship manager.
If its sega then let me kno how u got it.
Re: Football Manager 2008 by lalaboi(m): 12:25am On Apr 11, 2008
even if he is playing it on his phone( which i dnt bliv), all he can do is formation and transfer then play match! unlike the pc wich has got online play and multi mode!
Re: Football Manager 2008 by Middylek(m): 8:04am On Apr 12, 2008
Bliv me,its sega,i tried d full version on an s60,its superb,also tried it on another s40,works gr8 as well, even d pc version is available,i dnt hav d pad i wud hav download it as well.
Re: Football Manager 2008 by darequam(m): 12:11am On Apr 13, 2008
U DON'T NEED A PAD FOR THE GAME ON PC. All u need is a mouse and a keyboard.
If u've downloaded it on ur phone then give me d site so i can do so as well.
Re: Football Manager 2008 by Middylek(m): 7:54am On Apr 15, 2008
U kn wht,go to d phone section,there is a thread there that is abt request 4 games,search thru d topic,there is d link 4 both s40 and s60,s.
Re: Football Manager 2008 by icezik1(m): 2:20pm On Apr 18, 2008
The new patch 8.0.2 really changes the game experience. Lots of bugs have been fixed and the match engine is more realistic. I also got lots of pictures and logos and skins from fmunderground.com. Go check it out.
Re: Football Manager 2008 by smol(m): 4:12pm On May 17, 2008
i deleted the game from my pc cause its addictive and unrealistic. i won ECC 7 times in a row(common how possible is that) anyways its just a game and is meant to pump some adrenalin thru' ur veins. however u can spend days playing it without even knowing how much time u have spent-ADDICTIVE
Re: Football Manager 2008 by lalaboi(m): 2:42pm On May 18, 2008
are u sure u r not one of tose who make sure they win at all cost! even if its by restarting the game after u've lost lol lol!
Re: Football Manager 2008 by darequam(m): 9:33pm On May 19, 2008
Ha haa! Thats just what i was about to say, if u won the ecc 7 good times then i suspect u r doin a little match fixing and some fictitious exportations/importations of players. Although it is very possible u did it but i'l like to kno the club that was under ur management.
It's time taking, i think depends on ur level of addiction and how committed u are. It is still my best soccer game bro and i don't think any can beat it now.
Re: Football Manager 2008 by RichDad1(m): 2:29am On May 20, 2008
I am a Die-hard lover of this game, I played Fm07 and now Fm08 , Guys i donk whats happening i tried to download the Patch (8.0.2.)but i dont get it, and also some is saying something about lend the CD is that possible, mine if i dont put the CD i wont be able to play,
Re: Football Manager 2008 by smol(m): 5:48am On May 20, 2008
lalaboi:

are u sure you're not one of tose who make sure they win at all cost! even if its by restarting the game after u've lost lol lol!

darequam:

Ha haa! Thats just what i was about to say, if u won the ecc 7 good times then i suspect you're doin a little match fixing and some fictitious exportations/importations of players. Although it is very possible u did it but i'l like to kno the club that was under your management.
It's time taking, i think depends on your level of addiction and how committed u are. It is still my best soccer game bro and i don't think any can beat it now.

really there was no match fixing-like restarting the game-i managed inter milan and had powerful strikers like luca toni(head master 2),klose(head master 1),ibrahimovic,adraino(the boss). pacey wingers like marcelo(left),aguero(right),figo(any side) defensive midfielders like viera(the rock), lucas biglia(assist master), cambiasso(the workerholic),inter's defense is tight solid with players like chivu,cordoba,metarazzi(the brick wall),burdisso,samuel and i bought taylor from newcastle. ofcourse i had a star studded bench with transfer fees like 70 million pounds-i even bought christiano ronaldo. so who can beat this team.post your line up here lets compare.
Re: Football Manager 2008 by lalaboi(m): 8:05pm On May 20, 2008
bro! thats not how to play the game! if u have a team that has all the world class players from A-Z u dnt learn anything from it! try building ur team with scouted young players that u think are good enough! if u really wanna feel like a manager, be like me

i started with nottm forest, took them from league one to championship(1 season) with d aid of the playoffs.
used 2seasons in the championship! promoted in the second season. ll this i achieved with loaned plyers from big clubs.
quaalified for eufa cup in my first season in the premiership. came second the following season. now am a premiership champion, champions league champion and club world cup champion.
it wasnt untill i got to the premiership i bought aguero.

i had players like
javier martina- dutch guy from ajax. stats not so good but his pace makes him good. he won my player of the year all through to the premiership until cesar delgado came! good striker scores miraculous goals! i had a norwegian guy too, skiljbred(hope thats rite) nice winger . i bought tidy midfielders like javier garcia, lucas, torres
my keeper was enyeama! was cheap and very good. every one likes him
i had an italian grighini a my right back! bought him from italian seria b or c. after we gained prootion to the premieship he was called into the italian squad
all i do now is buy very good young players and develop them.

am even thinking of doing the same thing all over again! not restarting. instead resigning from nottm forest nd taking over another small club!

guy! that is a good coach!
i tlk too much abi? lol
Re: Football Manager 2008 by smol(m): 8:34pm On May 20, 2008
@lalaboi
thats quite impressive, you really are patient. i think i'll try that out but am not ready to fall back into an old addiction, that game can make and ruin my day.if something bad happens in the game and i get angry, my day becomes messed up because of my attitude, its almost like a second life or something close. but i remain a football manager veteran, i've been playing this game since 1996 or 1997. cant really remember.
Re: Football Manager 2008 by lalaboi(m): 11:24pm On May 20, 2008
i started 2001 with cm07/08. the time when kanu and kluivert wer the best strikers in italy lol

av u tried cm08? heard its quite good too!
Re: Football Manager 2008 by smol(m): 2:23am On May 21, 2008
yeah i've tried that too but its not as detailed as fm2008. its quite simple and not as complicated as football manager. but its ok, dont think you will be impressed though because you have tasted fm2008
Re: Football Manager 2008 by lalaboi(m): 8:53am On May 21, 2008
by the way!i mearnt 97/98 lol typo error
Re: Football Manager 2008 by darequam(m): 2:27pm On May 22, 2008
@lalaboi
my guy out of all the fm players have seen i think u are the most impressive. Its a good thing we share the same initiative. U don't talk too much is just that when u start stating the facts and ways of playing the game its more than a fulscap sheet. Unlike u i don't go to manage lower division teams. But, because of ma patriotism i manage my own club 'Bolton' and from there what ever happens in the game goes on.
In my first season in fm07 i struggled to qualify for uefa cup but wasn't successful coming 8 on d table. The next season i made it to uefa commin 6th. At this stage i made sure i bought experienced strikers and midfielders like Altintop, luciano Galleti and pasquelle foggia. Just to build up for a tough season. I got other young players and brought players like topi obadeyi and joey Obrien from ma academy. It was a very tough season, started well but due to injuries i ended badly but gave a very good performance in euro by beating Acmilan in semifinal of uefa cup and eventually losing 2-0 to rivals newcastle. I was 7th in d league but still qualified for uefa. I knew i could stil do better so after selling my young sensational mid fielder Obrien to totenham for 15m, i was able to recruit stars like cisse, saviola, freddy Adu and canavaro gareth bale some others.
With ma squad equipped that much the following season was fantastic i won the league cup and was 2nd in the league with chelsea leadin me with 2 points, i met N castle at the uefa cup final again and dis time won 2-0. Next season i won all available tournaments xcludin the shield cup, includin the champs league.

Now tell me don't i deserve a medal of honor?
Re: Football Manager 2008 by smol(m): 7:52pm On May 22, 2008
@ darequam
guy you try, i think you deserve one.

@ all
pls who knows where i can get computer game pads with USB outlet in abuja? pls i need them badly.
Re: Football Manager 2008 by lalaboi(m): 11:49pm On May 22, 2008
darequam!

impressive! good business skills 2 lol ! i manage england and nottm forest!! and joey obrien is one of my star playerz.

dnt wori guyz! football manager online is gona be out soon! and we can all play eachoda

smol

unfortunately! ebay doesnt trust nigerians!

its in ebay for as little as 10pounds fr two
Re: Football Manager 2008 by icezik1(m): 11:17am On May 23, 2008
I am currently managing Palermo in the Italian Serie A, I'm currently fourth but that's because I drew against Sienna and lost to AC Milan. I beat Juventus and Inter Milan by 2 goals to nil. I sold 3/4 of my players and bought Hugo Lloris (a mad goalkeeper, Has had a rating of 8 in every match), Van der vaart (I got him for 5 mil plus edison cavani in a part exchange), Kim Kallstrom on loan ( the guy has also got an average rating of 8 in every match), and mauro camorensi (sorry about the spelling but he's the Juve right winger (i got him by giving Juve Christian Zarrcado and 6 million). My greatest fear is a lack of suitable back-up incase my first team gets injured as I sold off almost everyone to buy just 3 players. However, at least I'm sure of European qualification at the end of the season. The worst position I should be able to achieve is 4th.

Prior to this I was managing West Brom and in 3 seasons I had won the champions league and Premeirship by loaning big players from other clubs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Online Game Are You Playing? / 10 Best Video Games Boss Battles Of The Decade / Download PES 2018 Apk + Data Obb Files For All Android Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.