Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,788 members, 7,806,185 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

Does Failure In School Mean Failure In Life? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Does Failure In School Mean Failure In Life? (2262 Views)

Waec 2014 May/june Results Out. Mass Failure Recorded / Universities Responsible For Mass Failure In Postutme - JAMB / Causes Of Mass-Failure In Public Examinations In Nigeria -By Tayo Demola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Failure In School Mean Failure In Life? by giddy(m): 10:22am On May 06, 2006
Most people believe that those who weren't too brilliant especially in their secondary school days, end up being under achievers in life. What's your view on this sterotype. Does it mean that one cannot be successful in life without having a good degree?
Re: Does Failure In School Mean Failure In Life? by dominobaby(f): 5:18pm On May 06, 2006
I dn't believe dat crap. It aint true. If u fail an exam, that doesn't mean u r a failure in life, u only become a failure when u fail to plan. Whenever u fall/fail, pick something n stand up. If at first u don't succed, dust urself up and try again. Many of d big names we've got didn't go thru school completely, Bill Gate s an example.
Re: Does Failure In School Mean Failure In Life? by papermoon(f): 5:26pm On May 06, 2006
cry
Re: Does Failure In School Mean Failure In Life? by eveseh(f): 5:47pm On May 06, 2006
maybe? i dont know?
Re: Does Failure In School Mean Failure In Life? by sade511(f): 1:57am On May 08, 2006
I dont think so because some people are not too good in Math, English, or any other school subjects but if you give them a broken computer or broke down car they can work wonders. It basicaly depends on how well you use you assets or talents. But that doesnt mean that you shouldnt try to do well in school because education in most cases is the key to success.
Re: Does Failure In School Mean Failure In Life? by larger20(m): 2:49am On May 08, 2006
that is what they teach high school kids so they will obey their teachers and parents and study hard,

While education is a key to surviving in a competitive society, it is however not a failure for someone who did not go to school. It has its obstruction so in general, people are adviced to get their degree before anything else so u can have a fore sight
Re: Does Failure In School Mean Failure In Life? by babymine(f): 9:27am On May 08, 2006
No it doesn't.
Re: Does Failure In School Mean Failure In Life? by deen(m): 8:05pm On May 12, 2006
Ford said "Failure is the opportunity to start all over again more intelligently".

The wright brothers failed not the first time not the 2nd time but several times.did these made them fialures or inventors?

Abraham lincoln failed when trying to contest but still he never give up.I always believe that some people were born lucky they always get it the first time but some have to try a little harder. But that didnt show u are weak or any less intelligent than people that got it the first time, no not at all.You just need to try harder and i believe it made you stronger and more determined.
Re: Does Failure In School Mean Failure In Life? by Nosu(m): 12:15am On May 23, 2006
it is our mindset that is the problem.Education doesn't guarantee success in life it only gives u a broader perspective about life. anyway everybody is not meant to go to school. it is all about doing what u are interesting in ,which is in line with ur gift because the wise book says the gift of a man makes way for him. as in it gives him a headway.
A good example is okocha, but he is a success now in his line of endeavour. it just take one to discover oneself, be passionate about anything one lays is hand on, focus and determination
Re: Does Failure In School Mean Failure In Life? by Izzo(m): 8:31am On Jul 29, 2006
It depends on how the victim of such sees it, but i really don't think so. You just have to believe in yourself.
Re: Does Failure In School Mean Failure In Life? by shawna(f): 8:38am On Jul 29, 2006
thats BS there are some ppl who dont even go to skool or even finish skool who become very successful ppl in life so failure in skool isnt necessarily failure in life undecided
Re: Does Failure In School Mean Failure In Life? by chyziani: 12:15pm On Aug 08, 2006
I strongly believe in determination and hardwork and most of all hopefullness cos with all these ur bound to make a mark in life. In life we envy successful people but if u actually know all they've gone through c'mon u'll know is not as easy. Education is not the piling on of learning, information, data, facts, skills, or abilities--that's training or instruction--but is rather a making visible what is hidden as a seed,
To be educated, a person doesn't have to know much or be informed, but he or she does have to have been exposed vulnerably to the transformative events of an engaged human life,
One of the greatest problems of our time is that many are schooled but few are educated. So with all these so-education it makes no different in a life that is not achievement- driven.

My people as we get life, plenty hope of better tommorrow dey!
Re: Does Failure In School Mean Failure In Life? by Thosyn(m): 2:12pm On Aug 08, 2006
Sade51 said something about knowledge and i really liked that idea.In life,one needs to read his brain and not ur book.Even those guys who colonized us dont often go to institution.They do da what they know how to do best.So i think failure in schooln does not mean failure in life.
Re: Does Failure In School Mean Failure In Life? by opeemi1(m): 3:19pm On Aug 08, 2006
giddy:

Most people believe that those who weren't too brilliant especially in their secondary school days, end up being under achievers in life.

That is so wrong, you can't tell me that because u steal biscuits today, u will keep on stealing things in your life time, it just ain't phenomenal. You can always change, no human is stagnant. Not being brilliant in school doesn't mean he will remain dull in his lifetime, maybe whats he is studing is not what he actually wants to study which might be due to influence by friend or family and lots more.

giddy:

What's your view on this sterotype. Does it mean that one cannot be successful in life without having a good degree?

My view is that success doesn't come from good degree, it comes from ur motives(Good) in life and u practicalising on it. They can end up been pioneers of our time, pls don't believe such sayings, and if u(I mean everyone) fall among those that under-rate people please stop, u might never know that they might be the ones holding a piece of your success in life. cool
Re: Does Failure In School Mean Failure In Life? by MP007(m): 11:21pm On Aug 09, 2006
Lets face the facts o. it shouldnt be thatt way but sadly, the society has built itself around education, making it mandatory and necessary,
Re: Does Failure In School Mean Failure In Life? by Asioqua(m): 1:51pm On Aug 11, 2006
i believe strongly in education, but i believe even more in potential. take advantage of your potential and education or no education, YOU'LL MAKE IT
Re: Does Failure In School Mean Failure In Life? by GNature(m): 7:01am On Aug 18, 2006
You can be successful without a degree. But I think secondary school is very
crucial because to me, everyone has to know how to read, add, you know, the basic
education.

But you don't have to attend a higher institution to be successful, not at all.

One key to success in life is to have a skill or "gift" in which you can use to get
a job or provide a service to make money.

For instance, If you are born with a special gift of music as is the case with michael jackson,
then you can make a good living for yourself.
Re: Does Failure In School Mean Failure In Life? by Orlaitan: 8:42pm On Aug 18, 2006
@ sade511,ur reasonin applies 2 me.am not good @ math,i had carry ova in calculus in my 1st yr durin my poly days,but i took challenge,re-registered it and my it 2ru in d follown yr,and rite now am workn wt 1 of d biggst oil co. in nig(conoil),and am livin big, kno wt i mean(comfortable).so i don see f9 in edu as f9 in lif,its only a challnge 4u 2 kip goin til u hit d spot(success).
Re: Does Failure In School Mean Failure In Life? by Orlaitan: 8:44pm On Aug 18, 2006
@ sade511,ur reasonin applies 2 me.am not good @ math,i had carry ova in calculus in my 1st yr durin my poly days,but i took challenge,re-registered it and my it 2ru in d follown yr,and rite now am workn wt 1 of d biggst oil co. in nig(conoil),and am livin big, kno wt i mean(comfortable).so i don see f9 in edu as f9 in lif,its only a challnge 4u 2 kip goin til u hit d spot(success).
Re: Does Failure In School Mean Failure In Life? by Orlaitan: 8:44pm On Aug 18, 2006
Re: Does Failure In School Mean Failure In Life? by Orlaitan: 8:45pm On Aug 18, 2006
Re: Does Failure In School Mean Failure In Life? by Orlaitan: 8:46pm On Aug 18, 2006
Re: Does Failure In School Mean Failure In Life? by Orlaitan: 8:48pm On Aug 18, 2006
Re: Does Failure In School Mean Failure In Life? by Orlaitan: 8:49pm On Aug 18, 2006
Re: Does Failure In School Mean Failure In Life? by besmart: 11:10pm On Aug 19, 2006
No way!

I actively deal with young people. Some do well in academia, but not in otherareas. Others are totally incapable of dealing with education, but are fantastic in other areas.

Having said that, education is an opportunity that should be taken (if you have the priviledge).

=====================================
www.didaforum.com & www.didacourse.com
Re: Does Failure In School Mean Failure In Life? by omolayo1(m): 5:44pm On Aug 26, 2006
i must say that what u think is what u are. being an educated fellow does not mean u are wise i.e u may not have being in school and understand what life entail and u may have the degrees or all the certificate in the best schools in the world without having a vision. all it takes to be what u want is to be focu and determined.
Re: Does Failure In School Mean Failure In Life? by donmayor(m): 6:58pm On Aug 26, 2006
Wole Soyinka - Third Class grin
Who says u must be a first class student to make it?
Re: Does Failure In School Mean Failure In Life? by otokx(m): 3:51am On Aug 28, 2006
No

(1) (Reply)

The Best Way To Pass Examinations In High Institution / Why Study In Slovenia / Ansu (now Coou) Releases Admission List; First Batch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.