Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,367 members, 7,808,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

Engine Oil For Honda Accord - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Engine Oil For Honda Accord (6098 Views)

What Is The Recommended Transmission Fluid For Honda City 2007 / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Best Engine Oil For Honda Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engine Oil For Honda Accord by Immaf1(m): 11:34am On Mar 08, 2013
To the experts in the house, Please I just got me a Honda Accord (baby boy) 2002 manual drive. I looked through the manual for the type of engine oil spec or grade it uses and it says 5w20,but when I went round here in abuja I could not get that Spec and what was recommended for me by Total was Quartz 5000 20w50. Please house is this a trusted alternative to 5w20 as recommended by honda?
Re: Engine Oil For Honda Accord by FlyboyZee: 7:04pm On Mar 08, 2013
Immaf-1:
Total was Quartz 5000 20w50. Please house is this a trusted alternative to 5w20 as recommended by honda?

No. It is not a substitute at all. Total Filling Station by NNPC Towers in Abuja stocks the closest substitute which is rated as 5W40. It goes for N8,000.00 and that is the oil I use for my Acura TL.
Re: Engine Oil For Honda Accord by Marpol: 8:42pm On Mar 08, 2013
Flyboy Zee:

No. It is not a substitute at all. Total Filling Station by NNPC Towers in Abuja stocks the closest substitute which is rated as 5W40. It goes for N8,000.00 and that is the oil I use for my Acura TL.

Be careful with that oil. It damaged the engine of my 2004 Nissan Xterra.
Re: Engine Oil For Honda Accord by mdautotec(m): 10:44pm On Mar 08, 2013
Hello. I use the following engine oil for my Honda CR-V 2004, ZIC A+ 5w30 (fully synthetic). I'm not a heavy user and I changed my oil and filter August 2012. My vehicle has run only 54,000 Km. Till date the oil has a fair color and is serving well. I will probably go for another month before the next oil change. It is normal for engine oil to turn to a dark color due to the oxidation / blow by gases after the combustion process. It shows that the oil is doing what it is meant to , removing harmful deposits etc.

You may check with the following Company for the engine oil. I purchase from them as well:

MELVIC EDGE INTEGRATED SERVICES LTD. (RC 930716)
Suite 27/28, 1st Floor, Praise Plaza, Skido Bus stop, Addo road
Ajah, Lekki
Lagos, Nigeria.
Tel: 08191710680 / 08034795385
Email: info@melvicedge.com

I got the following information from their thread posted a while ago:

ZIC A+ (SAE 5W30) is a 100% synthetic engine oil engineered to deliver outstanding engine protection and to offer improved fuel economy in vehicles where SAE 5W30 oils are recommended.

(ZIC A+ 5W30 outperforms conventional oils and meets or exceeds warranty requirements for many Japanese and Korean car makers.
ZIC A+ 5W30 provides improved fuel saving benefits up to 2~5% compared to conventional motor oils of SAE 10W30 and delivers better performance. API (American Petrol Institute) RATING: SN & ILSAC GF (Group) 5 )

It is a very good lubricant. Give it a shot if you wish.

Good luck!
Re: Engine Oil For Honda Accord by Immaf1(m): 11:13pm On Mar 08, 2013
Thanks people for the contribution ,i think I'm getting a head way.
Re: Engine Oil For Honda Accord by Stylz69(m): 2:01pm On Mar 19, 2013
If you are in Abuja, go to Gudu Market and you will find Honda 5w 20.

(1) (Reply)

My Toyota Camry Tiny Lights Brings Out Much Black Smoke / Does Comprehensive Auto Insurance Covers Personal Drivers / Top Signs Of Radiator Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.