Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,921 members, 7,799,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy (13950 Views)

Airtel Internet/apn Settings / Airtel Internet Data Bundle Double-Double Promo: 200mb (+ Free 200mb) / New Airtel Internet Bundle Plans, Prices And Activation Codes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by Ontop559: 7:04am On Mar 10, 2013
brownlolly: recently network has been crappy. its even affecting my calls. i hope they work on it sha...cos i dnt plan to change my network. Airtel is still the best nigerian network. trust me. this is my 8th yr with my same number.
brownlolly: recently network has been crappy. its even affecting my calls. i hope they work on it sha...cos i dnt plan to change my network. Airtel is still the best nigerian network. trust me. this is my 8th yr with my same number.
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by luluosas(m): 7:47am On Mar 10, 2013
To be very honest, Airtel is the most crappy network I have witnessed in Nigeria. Everybody knows that I'm a Glo fan here on Nairaland but, not restricted to using Glo network alone.
So, when Glo stopped us from using their BB plans on our non BB devices, I immediately subscribed to Airtel 1GB data volume of N1,200 in Yola. The experience was really terrible and I bashed them on twitter. They called me 3 times within few days to ask about the network issues in my location. In fact, the lady that called me last promised to call again that day because, I was on WIFI at the time she called. She indeed kept her promise and called back, but this time, with a GLO number, which I think is her personal number as she has closed from work at the time.
Therefore, for Airtel to be claiming of connecting the whole Nigeria with 3.75G network is a huge deception. Imagine Glo 2G beating Airtel 3.75G hands down in speed test in Yola.
Presently, I am in Benin City, Edo State, for the burial of my late mother (May her Soul rest in PEACE). When I got here, it was the same story of crappy internet services on Airtel. Do you know I have to subscribed to Glo Always Micro plan which I have earlier vowed never to use again. Honestly, I am blazing real good on Glo 3G network here. In fact, I attained 2Mbps on download on Glo, while Airtel 3.75G network is bleeping and fuc.king up big time. So, I give Glo kudos both in Yola and in Benin City.
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by nsidible(f): 8:24am On Mar 10, 2013
@ oga luluosas,which part of edo re u?it bin long i went home(Uromi) i don't knw if glo has 3G there.nd re u recieving d 5mb glo promise on d hi-flyer plan.datz get 5mb daily nd call at 18kk/sec wen u subscribe to #1000 nd above?thank u
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by luluosas(m): 8:42am On Mar 10, 2013
Glo Speed test on PC and Phone. Location: Upper Sakponba Road in Benin City, Edo State.

Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by luluosas(m): 8:46am On Mar 10, 2013
nsidible: @ oga luluosas,which part of edo re u?it bin long i went home(Uromi) i don't knw if glo has 3G there.nd re u recieving d 5mb glo promise on d hi-flyer plan.datz get 5mb daily nd call at 18kk/sec wen u subscribe to #1000 nd above?thank u
My brother, I am at Upper Sakponba Road, Benin City. I subscribed to Always Micro and I am not getting any dime from Glo. As for Uromi, I am 100% sure Glo does not have 3G service there right now.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by king65(m): 1:39pm On Mar 10, 2013
All Nigerian network providers are same, no 3G on my bb with airtel and den my data bundle on my iPhone is a waste too courtesy of mtn. None is better than the other jst that they av when they decide to mess up
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by Hotdiamond(m): 2:11pm On Mar 10, 2013
luluosas: Glo Speed test on PC and Phone. Location: Upper Sakponba Road in Benin City, Edo State.
are you done?
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by Kamaye(m): 2:42pm On Mar 10, 2013
luluosas: Glo Speed test on PC and Phone. Location: Upper Sakponba Road in Benin City, Edo State.
how to activate a new glo line to browse for the first time please? A friend of mine, just bought a new glo sim but can't browse the internet.
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by ciphoenix: 2:58pm On Mar 10, 2013
the results will be better understood if in KB/s(kilobytes per second) and not Mbps( megaBITS per second) smiley
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by shosky1794: 3:02pm On Mar 10, 2013
poopppyLiillyy: angryat ikeja here,d netwok makes me wanna throw my phones away.Sooooo annoying!

Airtel internet connection in Ikeja is the worse i've ever seen. once i'm in the office, i jst forget about using my aitel data connection. Airtel has been very poor these days
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by webaplanet(m): 3:32pm On Mar 10, 2013
Airtel was my favourite and it is Still; but the internet browsing was been horriable here in Ekpoma Edo state
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by luluosas(m): 5:51pm On Mar 10, 2013
Hotdiamond: are you done?
As in?
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by luluosas(m): 6:01pm On Mar 10, 2013
ciphoenix: the results will be better understood if in KB/s(kilobytes per second) and not Mbps( megaBITS per second) smiley
Here are the ones on KB/s. This time, I am using my Glo Modem.

Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by luluosas(m): 6:14pm On Mar 10, 2013
Kamaye: how to activate a new glo line to browse for the first time please? A friend of mine, just bought a new glo sim but can't browse the internet.
If it is already registered, can send and receive SMS as well as make calls, then, text 'flat' to 127 and you will receive a message with configuration that you need to save on your set. Then, you can go ahead and subscribe to ant internet plans of your choice. Thank you.
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by ciphoenix: 7:57pm On Mar 10, 2013
luluosas:
Here are the ones on KB/s. This time, I am using my Glo Modem.
impressive, MTN's still better though tongue tongue
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by Hotdiamond(m): 8:04pm On Mar 10, 2013
luluosas:
As in?
you know What i mean. You 'll never appreciate airtel's network no matter How Good it is. All you do is bash Dem here. Makes no sense.
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 10, 2013
Hotdiamond: you know What i mean. You 'll never appreciate airtel's network no matter How Good it is. All you do is bash Dem here. Makes no sense.
they say the truth hurts
can't you read between the lines?
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 10, 2013
Hurray finally after trying l was able to login to NL. It took Hell_Tell 5 minutes 38Seconds to load the page. As i hit the send button am afraid it may take another 5 minutes. The network is as good as NITEL dialup connection.
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by Hotdiamond(m): 8:34pm On Mar 10, 2013
aze: Hurray finally after trying l was able to login to NL. It took Hell_Tell 5 minutes 38Seconds to load the page. As i hit the send button am afraid it may take another 5 minutes. The network is as good as NITEL dialup connection.
that was meant to be hilarious? Try harder.
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by ciphoenix: 8:46pm On Mar 10, 2013
LMAO @NITEL grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by ibietela2(m): 3:27am On Mar 11, 2013
Its like @hotdiamond is an airtel agent.. Anyway let me tell you since yester evening till now 03:23am all i get from airtel when i dial *14*1# is "your request can not be process now. Please try after some time". Their service is WORST there is not time you will enjoy it for 1 week without problem. The only reason i still keep them is this my phone
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by Kamaye(m): 6:38am On Mar 11, 2013
luluosas:
If it is already registered, can send and receive SMS as well as make calls, then, text 'flat' to 127 and you will receive a message with configuration that you need to save on your set. Then, you can go ahead and subscribe to ant internet plans of your choice. Thank you.
thanks it can make and received calls but can't send an sms.
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by luluosas(m): 6:57am On Mar 11, 2013
Airtel's speed test this morning using Mbps, KB/s and kbps. Location still remains Upper Sakponba Road, Benin City, Edo State.

Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by luluosas(m): 7:07am On Mar 11, 2013
Hotdiamond: you know What i mean. You 'll never appreciate airtel's network no matter How Good it is. All you do is bash Dem here. Makes no sense.
You must really be DUMB. Do you think I take pleasure in bashing any other telecoms operator here? For your information, in as much as I paid for the services, I expect nothing but value for the money I used to subscribed. So, where you therefore expecting me to sing their praise when they keep frustrating me? Think well Airtel spy okay?

1 Like

Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by luluosas(m): 7:12am On Mar 11, 2013
Kamaye: thanks it can make and received calls but can't send an sms.
Okay. Ensure that your message centre number is +2348050001501. What is the situation with the Internet issue now?
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by nsidible(f): 8:28am On Mar 11, 2013
sunneto: The reason being that people that fetured on the on-oning Airtel gb trick are the ones causing this huge haulage on Airtel. contact me to know how to get ur own airtel gb trick:- @paul_lova_boi (that's my twitter account). cus it may take aWhile b4 i come back on here.

Gud a*m all.
u didn't reply my tweet www.twitter.com/nsidible_nsikak thanx
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by luluosas(m): 8:46am On Mar 11, 2013
Glo speed test this morning using Mbps, KB/s and kbps. Location still remains Upper Sakponba Road, Benin City, Edo State.
@Hotdiamond, compare this Glo speed test and that of Airtel I posted earlier and tell me, in your own terms, which is better and which is worse, since both of them are on 3G, using the same phone and on the same location.
So, Glo rules okay.

Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by puskin: 9:55am On Mar 11, 2013
@luluosas......you have carried your Glo tales into this thread.

What is it with you and Glo sef?
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by ciphoenix: 2:32pm On Mar 11, 2013
our glo man grin
Re: Airtel Internet Is Presently Slow And Crappy by Hotdiamond(m): 3:38pm On Mar 11, 2013
puskin: @luluosas......you have carried your Glo tales into this thread.

What is it with you and Glo sef?
Ah wonder o. No be by force to use airtel. If the always micro data plan is ok for him then let him use it. He thinks airtel network is not up to glo's Standard then use glo. And keep quiet for once. Haba!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Techno Or Gionee, Which Is The Stronger Phone? / Iphone Facetime Bug Lets You Eavesdrop On Other People / Mtn Bb Internet Service: Why Am I Charged To Watch Videos Despite My Subscription?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.